PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hebert defends confronting Les Miles

BRHornet45
01-11-2012, 10:24 PM
sons for those of you who didn't witness him putting Les Miles in his place I posted the video below. He has also dropped truth bombs on Miles today on national TV and radio. oh and for those who don't know, Bobby Hebert played 11 seasons in the NFL and his son just finished his 5th season with LSU as an offensive lineman.

Bobby Hebert defends confronting LSU's Les Miles

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/story/2012-01-10/hebert-relishes-spotlight-after-chiding-les-miles/52492724/1

NEW ORLEANS – Former New Orleans Saints quarterback Bobby Hebert seemed to relish a day in the spotlight after lecturing LSU coach Les Miles in a postgame news conference.

Hebert, a host on WWL radio in New Orleans, defended his monologue about the Tigers' "ridiculous" play in the 21-0 loss Monday to Alabama in the Bowl Championship Series title game.

"Come on, I'm not a journalist," Hebert said on the air Tuesday. "I didn't go to journalism school, and I don't claim to be a journalist. The credentials that I have is that I played 15 years of pro football, and I know what it is to play quarterback.

"I was like an extension of the fans that finally got into a press conference. Maybe I shouldn't have given my opinion a couple of times. You are supposed to really ask a question and not give opinion, but the hell with it. What are they going to do, kick me out? So what?"

Hebert, on a working news media credential, wasn't kicked out, but he might not be let back. He may be in danger of not being credentialed as a journalist in future Sugar Bowls or BCS title games in New Orleans.

Hebert opened Miles' news conference with a question about not using backup quarterback Jarrett Lee as starter Jordan Jefferson struggled to move the offense. Before Miles answered, Hebert continued, "Now, I know Alabama's defense is dominant, but come on, that's ridiculous. Five first downs! I'll tell you the fans' standpoint: How can you not maybe push the ball down the field and bring in Jarrett Lee? So what if you get a pick-six?"

Miles still did not get a chance to answer, so he just kept staring at Hebert, who also happens to be the father of LSU senior center/guard T-Bob Hebert, a former starter for the Tigers who played sparingly in recent games.

"I know the pass rush of Alabama. But not pushing the ball down field, considering you have (wide receivers) Rueben Randle and Odell Beckham Jr. — there's no reason why five first downs. You have a great defense, but that's ridiculous."

The news conference moderator interjected, "Do you have a question?" Finally, Hebert said, "Do you think you should have pushed the football more down field?"

At last, Miles answered, "I think if you watch our calls that we did throw the football down the field. We didn't necessarily get the football down the field. And I can tell you that we did consider Jarrett Lee. But we felt like with the pass rush that we were getting that we needed a guy that could move his feet and not sustain that pass rush."

kz2umm0ukwo

JoeTait75
01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Sons, Gerry DiNardo is working for BTN. I bet he'd come back to Baton Rouge if you asked him nicely enough.

BRHornet45
01-12-2012, 12:47 AM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7450966