PDA

View Full Version : Really GREAT customer service from a skylight company...

CosmicCowboy
01-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I gotta give props when they are due and I just had some amazing customer service. I did a major remodel to my house in 1996 and added 5 skylights I bought from a local company "Skylights Over Texas". They are actual manufacturers as well as installers.

They were your typical double dome insulated skylights mounted on curbs on my standing seam roof. I just bought them from the company and my roofer installed them.

I noticed a few days ago ago that I was getting "stuff" laying on top of the lower dome on two skylights...oak pollen, dust, a couple of leaves, etc.

I got on the roof and it appeared that the outer dome had "shrunk" or else had somehow slid down leaving about an 1/8" crack between the outer dome and the aluminum frame.

I called the company yesterday and explained the problem...the guy was nice, but at first was giving all the expected responses (Out of 10 year warranty, we didn't install them, they were probably installed wrong, you have to understand they don't last forever, etc.) I didn't have a receipt and they had no record of me buying them from them except my word.

I was nice, but firm in return...Are you telling me I'm supposed to replace them every ten years? Why didn't you tell me that when I bought them? trust me...they were installed properly...you don't seem to understand...the outer lens has either shrunk or was never big enough...the skylights not broken...there is a gap between the outer dome and the frame...SOMETHING has changed and they just aren't big enough to fit the frame...

He agreed to send a crew out this morning (i'm sure fully expecting to find an installation defect) and I got on the roof with the crew and we took one apart...and sure enough...somehow the dome lens was 1 1/2" shorter than it was supposed to be.

The crew left assuring me they would talk to their boss, he called me 15 minutes later...

He told me they were going to make all new domes for all of my skylights that morning...he called me at 2 o'clock and said he had a crew on the way to replace all the domes and gaskets in all my skylights at no charge...

When I got home everything was done...complete no charge replacement within 24 hours after 16 years with no receipt.

Now THATS good customer service.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
:golfclap

Frenzy
01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
So when they give you what you want it's good customer service. Ahhh I see.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
So when they give you what you want it's good customer service. Ahhh I see.

:lol pretty much wouldn't you say? specially if you're claim isn't unreasonable like Cosmic's.

They detected the problem to be their fault and acted quickly and efficiently to solve it. That's good customer service in my book.