PDA

View Full Version : Video depicts Marines peeing on dead Taliban

ElNono
01-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Video allegedly shows Marines urinating on dead Taliban (http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/story/2012-01-11/marines-afghanistan-urinate-taliban-video/52506118/1)

NSFW video here:
p3ehgFvrodE

ElNono
01-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Overseas media all over this. Here's a link from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16522973

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2012, 02:47 AM
i see nothing wrong with that

ChumpDumper
01-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Stupid soldiers.

Wild Cobra
01-12-2012, 03:24 AM
i see nothing wrong with that
Why doesn't that surprise me?

4>0rings
01-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Disturbed individuals.

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2012, 03:50 AM
a dead taliban is a good taliban...

boutons_deux
01-12-2012, 06:21 AM
"the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps"

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2012/01/marines-allegedly-urinate-afghans

They're killers. They joined to live the depravity of war and to kill. Since when does killing someone include respect?

The only thing the Marine brass is upset about is the bad PR, not the act.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Not good. Recording it even worse.

Wild Cobra
01-12-2012, 08:45 AM
"the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps"

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2012/01/marines-allegedly-urinate-afghans

They're killers. They joined to live the depravity of war and to kill. Since when does killing someone include respect?

The only thing the Marine brass is upset about is the bad PR, not the act.
Bouton...

Why are you a shrill for low life forms?

MaNuMaNiAc
01-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Of all the things to be outraged at in this war and people chose to worry about this shit?? Disrespecting a bunch of corpses? seriously?

I don't much condone it, but I foresee a monumental overreaction to this simple case of grunt stupidity.

:lol @ "you can kill them but for god's sake don't urinate on them!"

ChuckD
01-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Winning the hearts and minds, as usual...
:rolleyes

boutons_deux
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM
NIE:

Afghanistan Still Completely FUBAR

The U.S. intelligence community says in a secret new assessment that the war in Afghanistan is mired in stalemate, and warns that security gains from an increase in American troops have been undercut by pervasive corruption, incompetent governance and Taliban fighters operating from neighboring Pakistan, according to U.S. officials.

....The detailed document, known as an NIE, runs more than 100 pages and represents the consensus view of the CIA and 15 other U.S. intelligence agencies. Similar in tone to an NIE prepared a year ago, it challenges the Pentagon's claim to have achieved lasting security gains in Taliban strongholds in southern Afghanistan, according to U.S. officials who have read or been briefed on its contents.

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/01/afghanistan-still-completely-fubar

JoeChalupa
01-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Semper Fi!!

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-12-2012, 09:47 AM
:lol soldiers
:lol no respect for the dead
:lol signing up for the army, so they can kill people
:lol enjoying killing people
:lol pissing on the dead
:lol Americans are supposed to view these guys are heroes

JoeChalupa
01-12-2012, 10:05 AM

:sleep :sleep

CosmicCowboy
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Didn't you see the fire?

cheguevara
01-12-2012, 10:37 AM
It's all part of operation Afghani freedom. To win the hearts and minds of the oppressed people there. Go democracy!

boutons_deux
01-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Semper Pee

George W Bush
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Spreadin freedoms.

I'm George W Bush and I approve this video :tu

cheguevara
01-12-2012, 10:47 AM
freedomfighters just practicing their techniques of desert waterboarding tbh

Viva Las Espuelas
01-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Didn't you see the fire?

:lol

romad_20
01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Not good. Recording it even worse.

You can say that again. The marines really need to stop pissing on dead bodies and chunking puppies off cliffs. Like I said in the other thread about Vets, there are assholes in every walk of life and there are plenty in the military.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Only the military has a knack for attracting violent assholes who do disgusting things (like throw puppies off cliffs).

boutons_deux
01-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Not everyone, however, was saddened by the events.

Anti-Muslim activist Pam Geller wrote in favor of the incident. “I love these Marines,” she said, adding, “Perhaps this is the infidel interpretation of the Islamic ritual of washing and preparing the body for burial.”

A former Republican National Committee researcher tweeted wondering, “this is a story?” He added: “I could care less. Liberal media at work.”

Michael Goldfarb, a neoconseravtive Republican operative (a former McCain campaign spokesman), lobbyist and, as of recently, chairman of a new conservative online media venture, retweeted the comments from the RNC researcher.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/01/12/403040/afghanistan-marines-urinating-dead-taliban/

resistanze
01-12-2012, 11:09 AM

It's too bad this country has freedom of speech . Some of you deserve to magically disappear after all the shit talking you do about this country's military. Know it alls

resistanze
01-12-2012, 11:11 AM
:lol Probably not even Taliban

Viva Las Espuelas
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
It's too bad this country has freedom of speech . Some of you deserve to magically disappear after all the shit talking you do about this country's military. Know it alls

Except for algebra......

resistanze
01-12-2012, 11:16 AM
:lmao that ain't my quote

boutons_deux
01-12-2012, 11:39 AM
"Except for algebra"

Al Gebra, Muslim math terrorizing highschoolers for centuries. Drives them to binge drinking of Al Cohol.

cheguevara
01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
:lmao those marines are just Ron Paul supporters shitting on the military

DarrinS
01-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Taliban throw acid on girls, cut off their noses and ears, and rape little boys. It's an outrage that a dead Taliban was urinated on.

johnsmith
01-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Taliban throw acid on girls, cut off their noses and ears, and rape little boys. It's an outrage that a dead Taliban was urinated on.

You're missing the point.

boutons_deux
01-13-2012, 09:32 AM

At least the Taliban have the balls to attack live people.

dickless Marines piss on dead ragheads.

101A
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM

You think the Marines just came across a couple of dead Taliban while walking around trying to look cool iin their desert cammo? You do know HOW those Taliban guys probably came to be dead, right?

"Lack of Balls" by members of the Marine Corps is not the issue here.

johnsmith
01-13-2012, 10:09 AM

Says the brave soul typing on the internet.:lol

cantthinkofanything
01-13-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm with the "who gives a fuck" crowd on this one. Throwing puppies off a cliff is deplorable. But peeing on some dead bodies...meh. Who knows what kind of stress these guys go through on a daily basis. I think it's pretty dumb to pee on dead bodies and way more dumb to record it. But who cares. And LOL at those outraged at this but not even mentioning that before this, they killed them. Fucking media.

They did their job. Everyone thought it was funny when Mutombo wagged his finger after a block. It's kind of the same thing.

desflood
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
If that was one of my boys in the video I'd personally kick his ass when he came home. Pissing on a corpse, no matter who the corpse was in life, exhibits a lack of basic human decency.

DarrinS
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM

^How lefties REALLY feel about the military.

Winehole23
01-13-2012, 10:44 AM
it's how boutons feels, but feel free to make that into a sweeping generalization. oh wait, you just did. carry on.

101A
01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
War is hell: (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/allen-west-marines-incident-shut-your-mouth-war-hell_616699.html)

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/silence-republican-candidates_616690.html), and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.
“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?
“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.
“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

boutons_deux
01-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Hey, asshole West, we expect atrocities by the objectified, sub-human enemy. They're pissed the US military and mercenaries busted into, occupied, and mostly defaced and destroyed their countries.

We don't expect atrocities by US military.

btw, there wasn't much outrage, and never a single prosecution, for lynching People Like You a few decades ago.

z0sa
01-13-2012, 03:34 PM
At least the Taliban have the balls

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

why do you stick around in america bro? are you good at vulture capitalism's game and therefore a gigantic hypocrite?

lol indiscriminate civilian killing terrorist bitches having any balls

Spurminator
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM

There goes Darrin comparing America against the lowest common denominator again.

"At least we're not the Taliban."

Glad you have such high standards.

cheguevara
01-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Rick Santorum has found his military advisors

Oh, Gee!!
01-13-2012, 04:13 PM
West's argument in a nutshell: the Marines were wrong, but other people have been more wrong.

LnGrrrR
01-13-2012, 04:14 PM

You forgot

:lol fucking dumbass Marines thinking it's smart to videotape that

LnGrrrR
01-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Of all the things to be outraged at in this war and people chose to worry about this shit?? Disrespecting a bunch of corpses? seriously?

I don't much condone it, but I foresee a monumental overreaction to this simple case of grunt stupidity.

:lol @ "you can kill them but for god's sake don't urinate on them!"

The problem is that we don't know if they were killed justly or unjustly... but that distinction is non-existent when it comes to "peeing on corpses". There's not really any way to justify that.

LnGrrrR
01-13-2012, 04:17 PM

I expect better from you Boutons.

LnGrrrR
01-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Only the military has a knack for attracting violent assholes who do disgusting things (like throw puppies off cliffs).

I'd argue that having to live in war zone is more likely a causal factor in these incidents than the personality of the individuals before they joined.

LnGrrrR
01-13-2012, 04:19 PM

So it's ok for the military to do anything that's slightly better than the above? Interesting theory.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2012, 04:25 PM
West is a piece of shit. There is no excuse for this.

Blake
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Welcome to akistan.

Visitors, please note there is no P in it

Oh, Gee!!
01-13-2012, 04:46 PM
If we don't piss on them first, they'll shit on us later.

ElNono
01-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Some of us strive to be substantially better than them... some.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2012, 05:27 PM
West's argument in a nutshell: the Marines were wrong, but other people have been more wrong.
Wow... Twice in one week I'm agreeing with you.

Two wrong do not make a right.

Oh, Gee!!
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Wow... Twice in one week I'm agreeing with you.

I hope it's because you're getting smarter, not because I'm getting dumber.

DarrinS
01-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Hey, asshole West, we expect atrocities by the objectified, sub-human enemy. They're pissed the US military and mercenaries busted into, occupied, and mostly defaced and destroyed their countries.

We don't expect atrocities by US military.

btw, there wasn't much outrage, and never a single prosecution, for lynching People Like You a few decades ago.

Let me know when an atrocity has occurred.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I hope it's because you're getting smarter, not because I'm getting dumber.
I think you're just slowly becoming more sensible.

Blake
01-13-2012, 05:56 PM
I think you're just slowly becoming more sensible.

Lol

ChumpDumper
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Let me know when an atrocity has occurred.It just did.

spursncowboys
01-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Good for them.

spursncowboys
01-14-2012, 12:30 PM
If that was one of my boys in the video I'd personally hug and kiss him and tell him I'm so glad it was them and not him, when he came home.
Fixed

ChumpDumper
01-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Well, the idiots here are still idiots.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I find it odd that so many people support US soldiers pissing on Taliban members when it wasn't too long ago that the US helped the Taliban gain control over Afghanistan.

Proxy
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Honor, dignity, respect, intelligence... absent in this video.

Capt Bringdown
01-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I make my living overseas. The irresponsible actions of these Marines might be viewed as potentially making me less safe. As a matter of fact the US embassy where I reside issued an emergency warning all US citizens in country on the heels of this story.

rascal
01-14-2012, 10:41 PM
If that was one of my boys in the video I'd personally kick his ass when he came home. Pissing on a corpse, no matter who the corpse was in life, exhibits a lack of basic human decency.

I shows complete stupidity. There is no reason for it, they are dead.

boutons_deux
01-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Let's Golden Rule it:

Taleban pissing and shitting on US military corpses, would US be outraged?

Of course, but the US military is no better than Taleban, so US military acting like animals is excused.

EVAY
01-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Despicable.

Inexcusable.

Unfortunately, the longer our troops get deployed time after time in a seemingly endless war, there is a very real desensitization to degradation and inhumanity.

I have been afraid of this happening to our guys (them becoming desensitized
to horror and inured to inhuman actions toward the enemy) for several years.

Too few soldiers doing all the hard work over and over and over again - how many tours now for some of these guys? It takes its toll on them.

Still inexcusable, though.

boutons_deux
01-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I remember VN vets coming back with VC ears and fingers as souvenirs.

boutons_deux
01-16-2012, 10:22 AM
why this cocksucker will never deserve to be President, has the ethics and morals of classic corrupt politician

Perry: Administration Shows ‘Disdain For The Military’ By Calling Urinating On Corpses A ‘Criminal Act’

But what I’m saying is what is really disturbing to me is just, kind of, the over-the-top rhetoric from this administration and their disdain for the military, it appears, whether it’s the secretary of state or whether it’s the secretary of defense.

I mean, these kids made a mistake. There’s not any doubt about it. They shouldn’t have done it. It’s bad. But the — the — to call it a criminal act, I think, is over the top.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/01/16/404707/perry-urinating-corpses-criminal/

JimmyRicky typifies the scumminess of Fox Repug network and right-wingers in general

EVAY
01-16-2012, 11:36 AM
why this cocksucker will never deserve to be President, has the ethics and morals of classic corrupt politician

Perry: Administration Shows ‘Disdain For The Military’ By Calling Urinating On Corpses A ‘Criminal Act’

But what I’m saying is what is really disturbing to me is just, kind of, the over-the-top rhetoric from this administration and their disdain for the military, it appears, whether it’s the secretary of state or whether it’s the secretary of defense.

I mean, these kids made a mistake. There’s not any doubt about it. They shouldn’t have done it. It’s bad. But the — the — to call it a criminal act, I think, is over the top.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/01/16/404707/perry-urinating-corpses-criminal/

JimmyRicky typifies the scumminess of Fox Repug network and right-wingers in general

Could you believe that he put this in the category of 'boys will be boys' essentially? He is so out of touch with any sense or feelings or thought beyond the borders of red state Texas it is incredible. He sounds like some of my neighbors who only talk to others who feel the same way they do, so they extrapolate from that (fallaciously) to think that everyone thinks like they do.

Narcissism in the extreme...and idiotic.

resistanze
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I find it odd that so many people support US soldiers pissing on Taliban members when it wasn't too long ago that the US helped the Taliban gain control over Afghanistan.

This post will be conveniently ignored.

boutons_deux
01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
It's Their (Taleban) Country

What is US military doing there 10 years after dubya let OBL escape at Bora Bora?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2012, 01:14 PM
This post will be conveniently ignored.
The fact the US created the Taliban is a very ignored part of American History. People instead think fictional movies like Charlie Wilson's War are what really happened in Afghanistan, that we were there to :cryhelp the Afghan people:cry.

jack sommerset
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
As commander and chief of the us armed forces, Barry should turn in his resignation.

Pelicans78
01-16-2012, 01:42 PM
The fact the US created the Taliban is a very ignored part of American History. People instead think fictional movies like Charlie Wilson's War are what really happened in Afghanistan, that we were there to :cryhelp the Afghan people:cry.

To be fair, the Pakistani intelligence with money from Saudi Arabia created the Taliban. The U.S. did support the Afghan fighters in 80s with weapons and other stuff, but the Taliban was created in the early 90s because the Pakistanis wanted to have a loyal neighbor since it was surrounded by other enemies in the Soviets, India, and Iran. Saudi money was heavily involved in the madrassas that trained the Taliban and the Pakistani intelligence allowed them to take over Afghanistan in 1994.

boutons_deux
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I doubt even their immediate commander will be be punished.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Question: How much time in prison would a person get for peeing on a corpse back in the states?

cantthinkofanything
01-16-2012, 03:31 PM
I shows complete stupidity. There is no reason for it, they are dead.

Yes, you shows complete stupidity.

SA210
01-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I know of a video that shows even worse despicable acts...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189686

The Reckoning
01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
well, as always, noone knows the backstory. maybe moments earlier they were shooting at each other.

i really dont give a rats ass anyhow. war is war. it isnt pretty.

Jacob1983
01-17-2012, 04:15 AM
People that are bitching about this are the type of people that go up to soldiers call them baby killers and tell them that they shouldn't called terrorists over there towel heads or whatever. This is war. How dare you bitch to the people that over there risking their lives so those fuckers don't come over to America.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2012, 04:17 AM
People that are bitching about this are the type of people that go up to soldiers call them baby killers and tell them that they shouldn't called terrorists over there towel heads or whatever. This is war. How dare you bitch to the people that over there risking their lives so those fuckers don't come over to America.Those idiots undermined their own mission over there.

Fuck them.

Wild Cobra
01-17-2012, 05:43 AM
People that are bitching about this are the type of people that go up to soldiers call them baby killers and tell them that they shouldn't called terrorists over there towel heads or whatever. This is war. How dare you bitch to the people that over there risking their lives so those fuckers don't come over to America.
There is still such a thing as honor, which those soldiers clearly lack.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-17-2012, 08:07 AM
:lmao

cheguevara
01-17-2012, 09:38 AM

Don't be retarded. They can piss and shit on bodies all they want. But doing it in front of a camera is the dumbest shit a soldier can do, they should get life for destroying US Army- Afghan relations. Many will die because of this. They should get Private Manning treatment. x10 IMO

spursncowboys
01-17-2012, 01:37 PM

Lol you get that from the onion?

Blake
01-17-2012, 03:25 PM
well, as always, noone knows the backstory. maybe moments earlier they were shooting at each other.

i really dont give a rats ass anyhow. war is war. it isnt pretty.

I'm in the mood for a good story about urination validation. Let's hear it.

SnakeBoy
01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
There is still such a thing as honor, which those soldiers clearly lack.

LOL, tell us about how much honor you had when you were in combat.

I see nothing wrong with a soldier spitting on, pissing on, shitting on, kicking or otherwise disrepecting the corpse of someone who wanted to or has killed their fellow soldiers. It's human to have disdain for those who want to kill you or people you care about.

Video taping and putting it on youtube is the act that deserves punishment. That was just stupid.

clambake
01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
LOL, tell us about how much honor you had when you were in combat.

I see nothing wrong with a soldier spitting on, pissing on, shitting on, kicking or otherwise disrepecting the corpse of someone who wanted to or has killed their fellow soldiers. It's human to have disdain for those who want to kill you or people you care about.

Video taping and putting it on youtube is the act that deserves punishment. That was just stupid.

lol yeah they had such disdain.

The Reckoning
01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm in the mood for a good story about urination validation. Let's hear it.

well the other night was mexican martini night at one of my favorite restaurants...i had two mixers so i was feeling pretty good. only problem was i REALLY had to piss, but the elevators at my complex were clogged up by maintenance, and i was sure to have pissed myself if i took the stairs up 10 floors.

so...i walked to the pool area at my complex, found a nice dark corner (not in the pool you sicko) and let it flow. it was an excellent piss that i dont regret one bit.

DMC
01-17-2012, 08:43 PM

They aren't soldiers. They are marines.

AFBlue
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Those idiots undermined their own mission over there.

Fuck them.

As much as I hate to admit it, the first part of this post is valid; the second part gratuitous.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2012, 10:44 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, the first part of this post is valid; the second part gratuitous.Not really, since they jeopardized the mission and lives of everyone else out there.

Fuck them. Put them in Gitmo.

AFBlue
01-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Not really, since they jeopardized the mission and lives of everyone else out there.

Fuck them. Put them in Gitmo.

I think they've been detained, though not indefinitely.

Wild Cobra
01-18-2012, 04:31 AM
I see nothing wrong with a soldier spitting on, pissing on, shitting on, kicking or otherwise disrepecting the corpse of someone who wanted to or has killed their fellow soldiers.
I do. It shows lack of personal ethics. To do unnecessary harm, or desecrate others is just the action of scumbags.

It's human to have disdain for those who want to kill you or people you care about.

There are several things that separate man from animal. I see you are just an animal. I recall hearing stories of past wars how soldiers would respect their enemy. honorable soldiers see the enemy as kindred spirit, but on the opposite side.

You obviously have no morals, and I find it stupid that you expose it so well.

SnakeBoy
01-18-2012, 12:30 PM
You obviously have no morals, and I find it stupid that you expose it so well.

I have enough morals to know we shouldn't be in Afghanistan putting bullets in people. You're ok with the bullets and upset over a little urine...you should check your morals.

I recall hearing stories of past wars how soldiers would respect their enemy.

Those are called movies...they're not real.

DMC
01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
honorable soldiers see the enemy as kindred spirit, but on the opposite side.

Were you ever an honorable soldier? If not, where do you get your information? How can you speak to what an honorable solider thinks?

Honorable soldiers have names for people who pretend to know what they think: asshats.

Blake
01-18-2012, 05:16 PM
.... honorable soldiers see the enemy as kindred spirit, but on the opposite side.

Reminds me of the christmas song about Snoopy fighting the Red Baron in which the
RB invites Snoopy over for christmas dinner before going out and fighting each other at a later time.......

Real honor.....:cry