PDA

View Full Version : Is game 5 the biggest game in Tim Duncan's career?

Perfect10
06-17-2005, 04:22 PM
I think it is.

The winner of game 5 IMO will go on to win the series and if Duncan doesn't come out with a performance worthy of his Hall of Fame status, Detroit will win the game and more than likely the series.

It's gut check, put up or shut up time for Tim. Put the women and children to bed.

Do you agree?

Summers
06-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Can the women stay up? :lol Angry Tim turns me on.

Edit: I forgot to answer teh question. I think the answer is yes, and I think it's obvious Tim has to have a big game, like, now or the series is over.

cherylsteele
06-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I think it is.

The winner of game 5 IMO will go on to win the series and if Duncan doesn't come out with a performance worthy of his Hall of Fame status, Detroit will win the game and more than likely the series.

It's gut check, put up or shut up time for Tim. Put the women and children to bed.

Do you agree?

Don't know if it is the most important game of his career......he had an important on vs. Seattle......but it is important.

It could have more meaning for TP or Manu though....or even Nazr

geerussell
06-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Game 5 is the most important game of the season. Given his accomplishments and the hardware already on his shelf it strikes me as ridiculous to say it's the most important of his career.

cheguevara
06-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Tune in to "Game 5: The Search for Spock"

baseline bum
06-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah... this game Sunday is for the title. Either way I think the trophy's getting hoisted Tuesday night.

Kori Ellis
06-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Game Five is the breaker. If the Pistons win Game Five, then I don't think the Spurs will win the series. I don't know if it's the biggest game of Tim's career. He's already won two titles, so he's had slew of big games already.

baseline bum
06-17-2005, 04:33 PM
The only other games Tim's ever played that were anywhere near as important were game 5 vs LA last year, game 5 vs New Jersey in 2003, and game 5 vs LA in 2003. The game vs. Jersey was never as big as this one though, because the Nets were nowhere near as good as the Pistons. The two vs LA were still early round matchups.

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 04:35 PM
It's up there...pretty important game.

If we lose game 5, I just don't think we will be able to win both games in San Antonio...it will be really tough.

Most teams have a goal in the play-offs that they should steal 1 on the road on the typical 2,2,1,1,1 format. The Pistons have 3 in a row, and I thought we would win 2 games in Detroit. I guess I was wrong. Winning 1 out of 3 in Detroit isn't asking for too much, is it?

If they lose.....Then it's basically over.

HubieBrownBuysOffMe
06-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Tune in to "Game 5: The Search for Spock"
:lol Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk!!!! (Hubie chuckle)

NASHville
06-17-2005, 05:03 PM
It is for sure the biggest game of the year for Tim.

ShoogarBear
06-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Yep, but not just Duncan.

Timmy AND Pop.

Otherwise, they'll be known as guys who won only when it was laid out on a silver platter.

Vashner
06-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Now can pop spit on them from screaming? (no I don't want him to do it EVERy game
but it's time to chew some butt's).

tim_duncan_fan
06-17-2005, 05:34 PM
it doesn't matter. duncan wont show up anyway.I bet all my vbookie that he would have a good game yesterday.he lost me my money

Kori Ellis
06-17-2005, 05:35 PM
it doesn't matter. duncan wont show up anyway.

You hate Tim Duncan, so why do you have that user name?

DarrinS
06-17-2005, 05:38 PM
It's the most important game for the Spurs this season. It's time to send a message and get physical and match their energy level. It's also time to TAKE CARE OF THE FREAKIN BALL.

The Spurs are a BETTER team than the Pistons.

If both teams bring their "A" game, you have to like the Spurs chances.

Fouled Out
06-17-2005, 05:39 PM
It is a must win for the Spurs in Game 5 so when they come back to the SBC we will be pumped and ready for the next 2 games.

lovespurs forever
06-17-2005, 07:09 PM
It is a must win for the Spurs in Game 5 so when they come back to the SBC we will be pumped and ready for the next 2 games.
Yes ,next game is too importent.Come on ,Tim! :king

tim_duncan_fan
06-17-2005, 07:28 PM
It's not that I hate Tim Duncan it's just that sometimes I feel that he doesn't try his hardest and that irritates me because that usually causes the team to lose and when I get irritated with somebody I start to not like them so much.But I have no problem with him when he comes out and helps the team to a win.

THE X-FACTOR
06-17-2005, 09:32 PM
http://www.mikeleiter.com/images/duncan.jpg

Tayshawn
06-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Game 5 will be the game that exposes Duncan once and for all as SOFT. What a baby. He was pouting like Darko. Nice season SA, but someone on Detroit turned on the switch. Game 5 will be more of the same.

baseline bum
06-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Wow. Lost your vbookie. Tough break man. See if ducks can give you an avatar-equity vloan or something until you get back on your feet again.

HB22inSA
06-18-2005, 03:21 AM
No, Game 6 will be the biggest of Duncan's career, when they're down 2-3.

Then, if necessary, Game 7 will be the biggest.

At the start, I said Spurs in 7. But I think it's more realistic to say Pistons in 6 right now.

JamStone
06-18-2005, 08:04 AM
As was mentioned before, Tim has already won two championships. Also, Tim has many years left in his career. Plus, game 5 is not an elimination game.

It's not the biggest game in his career. He's already defined by his two championships and regular season MVPs. It's undoubtedly a big game in his career, but not the biggest. If the Spurs lose, people will say game 6 is the biggest of his career. And, for example, if the Spurs play against the Heat in next year's finals, Tim against Shaq, and if the Heat win the first two games, then game 3 would be the biggest of Tim's career, for it would be a battle between two former finals MVPs, regular season MVPs, and future hall of famers.

No, it's not the biggest game of Tim's career.

zeleni
06-18-2005, 09:40 AM
The game will be biggest yet for Rasho if he play in starting 5.

The game will be Tim's greatest yet.

Nazr would be hardly motivated by now. He made impossible happen. Now he couldn't have cared less.