PDA

View Full Version : Lockout Injury Thread

ace3g
01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Many predicted a wide range of injuries throughout the league: We all know about the Spurs injuries so far; here are some of the other teams injury issues as well:

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Hawks center Al Horford expected to be out 3-4 months with torn left pectoral muscle, source tells Yahoo! Sports.

Warriors Kwame Brown to have surgery soon on torn chest muscle that attaches to the right shoulder that is expected to keep him out 3 months

Amuseddaysleeper
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Spend $7 Million on Kwame Brown, and this is what you get.

Sucks about Horford.

Libri
01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
My fantasy team is full injured players. :(

Libri
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Bargnani strained his left calf. There goes a big chunk of my offense. :bang

slick'81
01-12-2012, 05:40 PM
yeah randolph,manu,horford,lopez the stars continue to fall and awaiting word on andreas mri

ace3g
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Lakers say guard Steve Blake is day to day with fracture of the cartilage that connects the rib to the sternum and will be re-evaluated soon

slick'81
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
GM Larry Riley hinted that the Warriors will exercise extreme caution with Stephen Curry (ankle) this time.

The earliest Curry will return is Saturday against the Bobcats. "I do think that we're probably going to end up giving him more time than we have in the past to produce a recovery," Riley said. Beat writer Matt Steinmetz believes the Warriors could hold Curry out through the team's entire four-game road trip that starts Saturday.

Source: CSN Bay Area (http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Curry-could-miss-entire-four-game-trip?blockID=628742&feedID=2799)
Jan 12 - 4:56 PM

ace3g
01-12-2012, 06:44 PM
sam_amick Sam Amick
Bad news for Rockets fans, as Marcus Morris (No. 14 pick) suffers left ankle injury in D-League Showcase & is carried off floor.

Bruno
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
If Spurs want to add a vet center, and they should want that, they should better hurry up. Warriors and Hawks will look at adding vet centers to fill their loss.

Cane
01-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Miami frontrunners are dealing with a few injuries, although two of them came from the offseason:

Udonis Haslem has a fractured rib
Eddy Curry injured his hip flexor during training, his sudden weight loss probably didn't help
Mike Miller out with a sports hernia
Wade has some foot issues, possibly plantar fascitis (spelling)
LeBron tweaked his ankle not too long ago, but looks okay
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/16791682/roster-report

ace3g
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
If Spurs want to add a vet center, and they should want that, they should better hurry up. Warriors and Hawks will look at adding vet centers to fill their loss.

LangGreene Lang Greene
Larry Drew said #Hawks may explore trades to help compensate for loss of Al Horford, but said he hasn't spoke with EVP / GM Rick Sund yet
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by AlexKennedyNBA

Hey Hawks, do you want Bonner? ...

Sense
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
lol I have 4 injured players on my fantasy team..

this thing is serious

Libri
01-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Add Carmelo to the list, sprained ankle and wrist.

ace3g
01-13-2012, 01:25 AM
JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins
Magic spokesman says Jason Richardson has a sprained left knee and is questionable to return.

Dex
01-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Jeez....every night it seems like two or three more go down.

Sean Cagney
01-13-2012, 01:36 AM

Bro this is like the NFL this year! I had a fantasy team with players week after week just out for the year! Stars too! Conditioning it has to be, these lockouts must kill your damn body lol. You will see more.

Bruno
01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
LangGreene Lang Greene
Larry Drew said #Hawks may explore trades to help compensate for loss of Al Horford, but said he hasn't spoke with EVP / GM Rick Sund yet
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by AlexKennedyNBA

Hey Hawks, do you want Bonner? ...

I'm going to say something that's both funny and sad at the same time: Spurs can't afford to trade Bonner away. the state of Spurs' frontcourt is depressing.

Brazil
01-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm going to say something that's both funny and sad at the same time: Spurs can't afford to trade Bonner away. the state of Spurs' frontcourt is depressing.

Speaking of I read somewhere that Bonner has a kind of injury that bothers him. Anybody I heard about that ?

GSH
01-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Spend $7 Million on Kwame Brown, and this is what you get.

Sucks about Horford.

Imagine giving that much to Charlie Villanueva, then having him tell you, "Gee, my ankle hurts. I don't remember doing anything to it, but I don't think I can play."

I guess he technically goes on the list of injuries.

I just saw an article about the scrubs and damaged merchandise they're considering. It's depressing, because it's the same stagnant gene pool we're looking at. Here:
"The Warriors will likely cut reserve point guard Ish Smith and sign one of the forgotten big men on the market. Alexis Ajinca and Hilton Armstrong are playing in France, Dan Gadzuric last played in China, and the Warriors flirted with signing Ukrainian Kyrylo Fesenko last month. D.J. Mbenga, Joel Przybilla, Theo Ratliff and Etan Thomas are experienced options."

And here:
"Golden State previously had an agreement with free agent center Kyrylo Fesenko, formerly of Utah. But after he worked out with the team, the Warriors decided to pass. One team source said Golden State would not take another look at Fesenko."

Edit:
Q. How bad do you have to be for Golden State to look and pass?
A. I heard Ike Diogu is available.

cheguevara
01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Kobe killer Barea is sidelined

Seventyniner
01-13-2012, 12:36 PM

I didn't realize this until I read this thread; I don't pay much attention to teams other than the Spurs. But damn, it's getting depressing.

This is why a regular regular season should be 60-65 games and not 82. You'd see some really high-quality basketball with rested players, and far fewer injuries as well.

Fireball
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't want nobody injured, but perhaps LaMarcus Aldridge can come down with the flu before tonights game ... otherwise I fear the first home loss is near

ace3g
01-13-2012, 06:59 PM

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
Earl Barron is expected to sign a partially guaranteed contract with the Golden State Warriors, according to sources close to the situation.

ace3g
01-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Marcus Camby rolled his ankle tonight in the 2nd quarter vs the Spurs

hater
01-13-2012, 09:44 PM
his ankle exploded :(

loveforthegame
01-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Camby's injury was hard to watch. :(

TacoCabanaFajitas
01-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Marcus Thornton has missed the last 3 games with a thigh contusion

Jason Kidd out the last 3 games with a lower back injury

phxspurfan
01-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Down goes Wade (ankle sprain)

GSH
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Earl Barron is expected to sign a partially guaranteed contract with the Golden State Warriors, according to sources close to the situation.

Whatever happened to Barron? He actually put up some okay numbers for Miami, for a plug-in big body. And then for a couple of weeks with the Knicks he averaged a double-double. I only watched him a couple of times, but one game he got like 19 boards. I'm surprised somebody didn't have him on the bench, just because he's a minimum contract 7-footer. He's got to be better than Mengke Bateer.

ace3g
01-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Lakers say Steve Blake out 3 to 4 weeks due to the costochaondral fracture (fracture of the cartilage that connects the rib to the sternum).

Spurs Brazil
01-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Dwyane Wade sprains ankle in loss

DENVER -- Dwyane Wade's had countless sprained ankles in his life but said he was never in as much pain as he was after rolling his right ankle Friday night.

Wade said he feared his ankle was broken after he landed on Denver Nuggets forward Al Harrington's foot in the fourth quarter of the Miami Heat's 117-104 loss. X-rays showed that wasn't the case. But Wade's status was unclear as he left the Pepsi Center with the Heat on a three-game losing streak.

"It never hurt that bad before," Wade said. "It's not broken so that is the positive. Everything else & you know. I've sprained my ankle plenty of times but I've never sprained it like that before."

Wade was coming to help on defense when he landed on Harrington's foot, jamming his own foot before bowing his ankle on the court. Wade was able to put weight on the foot and walked to the team bus without crutches. The Heat don't play again until Tuesday, Wade's 30th birthday, when they host the San Antonio Spurs. They play the Los Angeles Lakers next Thursday.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7461215/dwyane-

benefactor
01-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Wow...Wade is 30? How time flies.

Seventyniner
01-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow...Wade is 30? How time flies.

And people call Parker old...

FlAVaK
01-20-2012, 04:32 AM
Marc J. Spears: Blame NBA’s schedule for rash of injuries (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtWjRlHvSAFqMS6eCTj820u8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_nba_injuries_011812)

A partial list of players who have missed games this season because of injury:

Paul Pierce / bruised heel
Al Horford / torn pectoral muscle
Corey Maggette / strained hamstring
Derrick Rose / turf toe
Jason Kidd / lower back strain
Nene / heel strain
Charlie Villanueva / sore ankle
Stephen Curry / sprained ankle
Kwame Brown / torn pectoral muscle
Courtney Lee / strained calf
Chris Paul / strained hamstring
Chauncey Billups / strained groin
Mo Williams / sore foot
Steve Blake / fractured rib cartilage
Josh McRoberts / sprained toe
Zach Randolph / torn knee ligament
Dwyane Wade / sprained, strained calf, sore foot
Mike Miller / hernia
Mike Dunleavy / strained groin
Michael Beasley / sprained foot
Brook Lopez / broken foot
Eric Gordon / bruised knee
Trevor Ariza / strained groin
Carmelo Anthony / sprained ankle
Amar’e Stoudemire / sprained ankle
Iman Shumpert / sprained knee
Eric Maynor / torn knee ligament
Jason Richardson / bruised knee
Marc Thornton / thigh contusion
Manu Ginobili / broken hand
TJ Ford / torn hamstring
Andrea Bargnani / strained calf

angelbelow
01-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Al Horford was having his worse statistical season in his short career. Wonder if he was out of shape leading to his struggle/injury.

mathbzh
01-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Al Horford was having his worse statistical season in his short career. Wonder if he was out of shape leading to his struggle/injury.

His PER was almost 20, 2nd best after last season 20.7.

The only stats were he was significantly worse is rebounding... coincidence Josh Smith and Marvin Williams have their best season in rebounding.

And that was just 11 games...

I don't know if he was out of shape but his statistics looked Ok.

angelbelow
01-20-2012, 05:24 AM
His PER was almost 20, 2nd best after last season 20.7.

The only stats were he was significantly worse is rebounding... coincidence Josh Smith and Marvin Williams have their best season in rebounding.

And that was just 11 games...

I don't know if he was out of shape but his statistics looked Ok.

I have him on my fantasy team and he was giving off the impression of having a poor statistical season. Looks like his minutes are down by 4 this year as well.

ace3g
01-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Dirk Nowitzki will miss the next four games for the Dallas Mavericks to rest his sore right knee and get in shape.

DwainPrice Dwain Price
Mavs forward Dirk Nowitzki will miss four games with a sore right knee. He won't play again until Jan. 29 against the Spurs.

ace3g
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
D.J. Augustin will miss the Charlotte Bobcats' next four games after being diagnosed with an inflammatory condition of the sesmoid bones.

Luol Deng Injury: Bulls Forward To Miss Time With Torn Wrist Ligament

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/1/24/2730486/luol-deng-injury-chicago-bulls-wrist#.Tx8UwhDD0qo.twitter

elemento
01-24-2012, 04:15 PM
huge miss for the Bulls and great chance to Kemba to show his value

ace3g
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Bucks C Bogut leaves with ankle injury
http://www.hoopsworld.com/bucks-c-bogut-leaves-with-ankle-injury

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Bucks just announced that hard-luck Andrew Bogut suffered fractured left ankle in Wednesday's tangle in Houston and is out indefinitely.

ace3g
01-30-2012, 11:23 PM
depending on severity of the injury, Nic Batum could be out for a while with a knee injury

IUcu2Ye0PTg

Dex
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Indiana's George Hill out with a chip fracture of the left ankle after coming down on Petro's foot after a jumper. Out indefinitely, had to be walked off.

ace3g
01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks dex for posting it here, reason I started this thread so that , there wouldn't be like 50+ thread for every injury that happens this year.

blkroadrunners
02-01-2012, 03:54 AM
NJ Nets rookie G/F MarShon Brooks out indefinitely w/ broken toe:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7519568/new-jersey-nets-rookie-marshon-brooks-sidelined-broken-toe

ace3g
02-02-2012, 06:49 PM
sam_amick Sam Amick
From bad to worse for Charlotte: Gerald Henderson out 2 to 4 weeks w/ right hamstring strain. Not that he was their best player or anything…

johnhollinger John Hollinger
Jason Collins sprained his left elbow and is not expected to return. I'm just glad it wasn't his shooting arm.

ace3g
02-05-2012, 04:55 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Hornets just announced Carl Landry out 3-4 weeks with second-degree MCL sprain in left knee after collision with Detroit's Jason Maxiell

--

Good thing they kept Kaman

Wild Cobra Kai
02-05-2012, 07:26 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Hornets just announced Carl Landry out 3-4 weeks with second-degree MCL sprain in left knee after collision with Detroit's Jason Maxiell

--

Good thing they kept Kaman

Doesn't matter. If they get the right offer, they'd flip Kaman tomorrow anyway. The Hornets aren't at all concerned about this season. In fact, the worse they do, the more lottery win chances they have.

ace3g
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
Gallinari: left ankle sprain, will NOT return, X-rays revealed chip fracture of foot

Chauncey Billups was carried back to the locker room by two teammates. He couldn't put any weight on his foot.

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
Carmelo has a strained right groin and WILL NOT return, Knicks say.

Mugen
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
lol 66 games in 120 days

Robz4000
02-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Man this is getting way out of hand...

Mel_13
02-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Gallinari (ankle chip fracture) out 1 month.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34735056

Mel_13
02-07-2012, 06:01 PM
An MRI exam today revealed that Clippers guard Chauncey Billups has a torn his left Achilles’ tendon. Billups, who was injured in Monday’s overtime victory over the Magic in Orlando, Fla., will be out at least eight months, ending his season.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/02/clippers-chauncey-billups.html

Robz4000
02-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Wow, that really sucks. Knew it was coming, but still, Chauncey is one of the most-likeable players in the league.

Rick Von Braun
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
lol 66 games in 120 days

This is getting ridiculous with all the injuries... :shootme

I wonder if $S$tern planned this indirectly as a way to get some form of revenge (against the players) in addition to protecting the almighty $. But ultimately, this does not even make sense, since a devalued league is bad business for everyone.

Why not play 50 games in the shortened season? Players would be fresher, quality of the games would increase, the number of injuries would get reduced and you'd end up with better playoffs and a better overall product. This is the typical case when less is more! IMO.

Spurs Brazil
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
New Jersey Nets shooting guard Keith Bogans fractured his left ankle and completely tore his deltoid ligament Wednesday night against the Detroit Pistons and will undergo surgery Monday, the team announced.

Bogans will miss the rest of the season, a league source confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7559301/new-jersey-nets-keith-bogans-season-surgery

Robz4000
02-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I know it's low and it sucks that he's done this season, but...

lol Bogans

lol Nets signing him a week ago

sabar
02-10-2012, 10:50 AM
This is getting ridiculous with all the injuries... :shootme

I wonder if $S$tern planned this indirectly as a way to get some form of revenge (against the players) in addition to protecting the almighty $. But ultimately, this does not even make sense, since a devalued league is bad business for everyone.

Why not play 50 games in the shortened season? Players would be fresher, quality of the games would increase, the number of injuries would get reduced and you'd end up with better playoffs and a better overall product. This is the typical case when less is more! IMO.

It is done because more games significantly increases revenue, regardless of injuries or product quality. All owners want to do is draw a decent amount at the gate then push for as many games in the arena as possible.

I don't think there is a single sports writer who hasn't advocated playing something like 70 game seasons instead of 82 in order to have better quality. They all know it will never happen.

Muser
02-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Wow Bogans got absolutely destroyed.

Mel_13
02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Anderson Varejao has suffered a fractured wrist, an MRI reveals. Tough blow for Cavs and him. Many teams had been anxious to trade for him.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

DPG21920
02-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Just read that. Tough break as he was really having a tremendous season statistically. There goes one semi-realistic (although rather hopeful) trade partner for the Spurs.

loveforthegame
02-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Danny Granger has a left ankle sprain. Questionable to return tonight.

lmbebo
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Eric Gordon likely shelved for another 6 weeks. If he plays any part of this season again, likely last 15 games or so.

Screwed up my fantasy team...Freaking dead last now

timtonymanu
02-14-2012, 10:18 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge just sprained his ankle. Headed back to the locker room.

ace3g
03-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Chris Mannix ‏ @ChrisMannixSI

Ricky Rubio has a torn ACL in his left knee, a source told SI

Calderon Sprains Right Ankle

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219624/Calderon_Sprains_Right_Ankle

Chris Wilcox Out Indefinitely With Heart Issue

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219625/Chris_Wilcox_Out_Indefinitely_With_Heart_Issue

ace3g
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
David Locke ‏ @Lockedonsports

Close

BREAKING NEWS -- Utah Jazz forward Josh Howard to undergo surgery on left knee out for the remainder of the season (Correction left knee)

slick'81
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Danilo Gallinari (broken thumb) has no timetable to return.

Gallo obviously won't play Wednesday and had this to say on Monday night. "I don't know how long it's going to be. It's not going to be short. It's a fracture. The doctor told me the fracture takes four weeks to heal. Hopefully I can put something on and play sooner than that." The damage is to Gallo's non-shooting thumb, but the signs here are bad. We should have an official timetable from the team in the next few days.

Source: Nuggets on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#%21/denvernuggets/statuses/182161635790696449)

Andre Miller (shoulder) has been diagnosed with a separated shoulder and will not play on Wednesday.

Miller is one of the game's all-time ironmen, but even he can't play through a separation in his shooting shoulder. His timetable will depend on the degree of separation. Meanwhile, Ty Lawson is going to see all of the minutes he can handle and Julyan Stone will slide into the backup role.
Source: Nuggets on Twitte (https://twitter.com/#%21/denvernuggets/statuses/182160997774131201)

monkeypunk
03-20-2012, 04:35 PM
David Locke ‏ @Lockedonsports

Close

BREAKING NEWS -- Utah Jazz forward Josh Howard to undergo surgery on left knee out for the remainder of the season (Correction left knee)

We so dodged a bullet on that one.

therealtruth
03-20-2012, 05:47 PM
We so dodged a bullet on that one.

The FO was trying desperately to get hit by that bullet.

Mel_13
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Nuggets G Rudy Fernandez will require surgery on his lower back and is expected to miss the remainder of the regular season.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/fernandez_surgery_03_22_2012.html

ace3g
03-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS

Close

Word could come as early as Tuesday on whether Amar'e Stoudemire needs season-ending back surgery, a source told @CBSSports.

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Marc Gasol might miss game tonight against T's because of sprained ankle.

Gasol hid injury but has been told he needs to sit at least 5 days. Injury could put Z-Bo back in starting lineup.

http://twitter.com/#!/CAGrizBlog

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Raptors announce Jerryd Bayless expected to miss the rest of the season with a partially torn left oblique muscle.

http://twitter.com/#!/KBergCBS

Mel_13
03-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Suns small forward Grant Hill will undergo minor right knee surgery Friday morning and miss at least most of the season's remaining games.

A magnetic resonance imaging test on Hill's right knee revealed Thursday that he has a meniscus tear to the right knee, which underwent an arthroscopy in September to remove a loose piece of cartilage.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2012/03/29/20120329phoenix-suns-grant-hill-minor-right-knee-surgery.html

Mel_13
04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Denver Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler needs surgery to repair a labral tear in his left hip and is done for the season.

Chandler played seven minutes Monday night against Houston after missing eight games with hip and groin injuries. But further discussions with team doctors determined he needs surgery as soon as possible.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/04/18/nuggets-chandler-done-for-the-season/

Cane
04-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Kobe likely to miss tonight's game @ GSW due to the shin that's kep him out for a handful of games already

http://www.nba.com/games/20120418/LALGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100931