PDA

View Full Version : Relationships at work

JudynTX
01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
A co-worker was having an affair with someone they work with. Needless to say, he is now going through a divorce. But this is when it gets good.

The soon-to-be ex-wife is pissed off at him, she called the HR department and told them he was stealing equipment. She also named 3 other accomplices and they are all now on suspension with pay. :wow

We don't know if stealing the equipment is true, but she told him she would get him back and well she is. :D

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2012, 03:55 PM
What a bitch.

mavs>spurs
Don't blame her cheaters suck. And so do relationships at work, made that mistake once.

ChumpDumper
Paid vacation!

JudynTX
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Paid vacation!

:lol

I never ever ever dated anyone I worked with. It's a lose-lose situation.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Don't blame her cheaters suck. And so do relationships at work, made that mistake once.

Relationships at work are oftentimes inevitable, especially depending on what your job is. You're around these people more than you're around your family. I'm not saying it's right, but it's nothing abnormal at all.

Trying to get a guy arrested b/c he cheated on you is fucking dumb...if the dude is guilty in this case, then ok--but still...just walk out, much easier.

benefactor
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I learned at an early age that dating people at work usually turns out bad. We have all kinds of love triangle drama going on at my job right now. If I was single I wouldn't touch even the good looking women at my work with a ten foot pole.

Quote from one of my female coworkers..."You don't get your meat where you make your bread."

manufan10
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Don't dip your pen in company ink. :lol

The Gemini Method
01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I dated someone that came to work for me after we stopped dating--that was pretty awkward for the first few weeks.

Dex
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I just don't see how dating people you work with can turn out well.

If things don't go well in the relationship, then you are stuck with the awkward situation of having to work with your ex every day.

If things do go well, then you have to deal with your significant other virtually 24/7, especially if things progress as far as moving in with each other. I don't see how things won't get burned out quick that way unless you are truly just like peas in a damn pod, and that only increases the likelihood of ending up in the first situation.

There is currently a girl at my work who I'm attracted to and we get along great, but I just know better than to take that dive.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I've seen a few cases of highly successful ones, and honestly the success rate isn't all that different than I've seen from friends relationships that start with meeting someone at a party or through a dating website or any of the other usual methods. The difference is that when they go bad they go supernova kind of bad almost every damn time. Like others here have said as a rule I advise against them.

Spurminator
01-12-2012, 05:51 PM
So she's the kind of person who, when outraged, would not only falsely accuse someone of stealing at the possible expense of their job, but NAME OTHER ACCOMPLICES? Were they all involved in his affair somehow?

No wonder he was cheating on her. What a horrible person.

mrsmaalox
01-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Never had a problem with it myself.

TE
01-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Well the guys a player, and the chick is a bitch. Seems like two negatives attempting to attract each other.

Trill Clinton
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
yea NEVER date a chick/dude at the job. even just fucking somebody at the job can cause problems. :depressed

Engineering Major
01-12-2012, 06:19 PM
It's not a good idea. You'll understand when you're older.

marini martini
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
One of the hottest affairs I ever had was with some one from work. :toast

S'up Jesse!

Greg Oden
01-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I find it both appalling and sad that this is the kind of stuff the op lives for so she can gossip with the other grannies it.

ChuckD
01-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Don't shit where you eat.

JoeyGreco
01-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Word.

mavs>spurs
01-12-2012, 09:30 PM
One of the hottest affairs I ever had was with some one from work. :toast

S'up Jesse!

bragging about being a whore :rolleyes

TenBuckTammy
01-12-2012, 09:34 PM
bragging about being a whore :rolleyes

:flipoff

Viva Las Espuelas
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Don't shit where you eat.

Took me a few times to realize that. Oy vey.

tlongII
01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I've done it a couple of times, but I'm surrounded by a multitude of beautiful women at work. It's inevitable.

BUMP
01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
I find it both appalling and sad that this is the kind of stuff the op lives for so she can gossip with the other grannies it.

http://guidosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/guidos-guidettes-the-situation.gif

And OHHHHHHHHH GREG......O-DEN!!!! WITH NO REGARD......FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!

DMC
01-13-2012, 12:06 AM
I have three basic rules I live by.

1. Don't date coworkers
2. Don't trust a man who says you're attractive for an "older man"
3. Don't pay for the motel

never again

Sisk
01-13-2012, 02:40 AM

1. Don't date coworkers

never again

:wow

m>s
01-13-2012, 05:53 AM
dating a co-worker of the opposite sex would be just like dating one's own sister/brother, it's like incest imho

between co-workers its only friendship and all, not relationship

Koolaid_Man
01-13-2012, 06:56 AM

funny thing is we already knew you sucked..literally :lol

and scorned...whoever cheated on you must have really fucked up your world...because you've been talking about it non stop for like 2 yrs straight...perhaps she cheated with me...:lol

mavs>spurs
01-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Sigh..lemme break it down for you chimp brain. Cheaters suck, that's one separate thought. Has nothing to do with point number 2, which is don't date a coworker. These are two separate thoughts which are true all on their own. I've never been cheated on brah.

JudynTX
01-13-2012, 09:48 AM

The punk is back!

DMC
01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
:wow
Imagine my surprise when I found out.

JoeChalupa
01-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I met my wife at work.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Sometimes they do work. Somehow. The VP of the company I work for married our warehouse manager and they've been married for quite a while. Don't know how she can stand that man but it works for her. He's a lucky SOB. She's a dead ringer for Erin Burnett. Only chink(no racist) in the armor is she's Cuban.

cantthinkofanything
01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Imagine my surprise when I found out.

But it sure the hell explains a lot.

PakiDan
01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Dad !?!?!

Koolaid_Man
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM

1. Don't date coworkers

never again

I'm sorry DMC I didn't know you were really gay...that was mean of that guy to make you pay for the hotel...:lol

z0sa
01-13-2012, 04:02 PM
DMC made a mistake, and not just in this thread.

manufan10
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
No no no, idiots. Always, and I mean always get that co-worker pussy, especially if she's married. Look, nerds, there are no strings attached. Its easy play. Some of my favorite female friends are ex fuck buddies at work. The military has a code of honor where you must have a fuck buddy at work. I had three. The only exception to the rule is if you are her boss. Then you have to pass her along to a buddy.

Pot, meet kettle.

:lol Naruto

benefactor
01-13-2012, 05:39 PM
No no no, idiots. Always, and I mean always get that co-worker pussy, especially if she's married. Look, nerds, there are no strings attached. Its easy play. Some of my favorite female friends are ex fuck buddies at work. The military has a code of honor where you must have a fuck buddy at work. I had three. The only exception to the rule is if you are her boss. Then you have to pass her along to a buddy.

http://cosplay.ph/resume/costume/9135.jpg

You tell 'em Abdul...

Wild Cobra
01-13-2012, 06:15 PM
LOL...

Don't blame her?

She should be arrested. If it is true, she is an accomplice. If it is false, she is making false allegations, harming other people's livelihood.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
:lol

I never ever ever dated anyone I worked with. It's a lose-lose situation.
I agree. There are three women at my workplace that immediately come to mind that I would approach for a date if they weren't coworkers.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I met my wife at work.
It's not always a bad thing. Just too many problems can occur, even if the relationship doesn't sour.

clambake
01-13-2012, 06:22 PM
wild cobra giving relationship advice.

this world is truly fucked.

Blake
01-13-2012, 09:51 PM

1. Don't date coworkers

never again

roflmaoioso

DMC
01-14-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry DMC I didn't know you were really gay...that was mean of that guy to make you pay for the hotel...:lol
He said "I left my wallet at the office".

:rolleyes

DMC
01-14-2012, 11:29 AM
There's no such code.

DMC
01-14-2012, 11:30 AM
DMC made a mistake, and not just in this thread.
I know, I told you it was time but you didn't move your face so that's that. Nothing a towel won't fix.

JudynTX
02-02-2012, 12:07 PM
The soon-to-be ex-wife is pissed off at him, she called the HR department and told them he was stealing equipment. She also named 3 other accomplices and they are all now on suspension with pay. :wow

We don't know if stealing the equipment is true, but she told him she would get him back and well she is. :D

Update :lol

The accusations of the 4 workers stealing equipment was true. :wow

They have since been fired and will be prosecuted.

:wakeup

rascal
02-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I have never worked with an attractive girl.

The guy deserved what his wife did.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM

Daaaaaamn. What about the scorned woman?

JudynTX
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Daaaaaamn. What about the scorned woman?

Well I imagine she's getting her nails done. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
I have never worked with an attractive girl.
Damn. Where in the hell do/have you work/worked? I find that hard to believe unless you're pretty picky.

mrsmaalox
02-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Well I imagine she's getting her nails done. :lol

Euphemism for "having her claws sharpened"......:lol

JudynTX
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Euphemism for "having her claws sharpened"......:lol

:toast Maalox got it. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Y'all do have that :D

PakiDan
02-02-2012, 02:47 PM

Dad????

JudynTX
02-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Y'all do have that :D

Just what exactly are you saying? :lol

Dad????

??

rascal
02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Damn. Where in the hell do/have you work/worked? I find that hard to believe unless you're pretty picky.

I am in a field (electronics) where men are mostly the workers. The women that work directly in my area are not attractive, overweight or black ect. It has always been like that where ever I have worked.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Just what exactly are you saying? :lol
Ha. Yeah right.

cantthinkofanything
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I am in a field (electronics) where men are mostly the workers. The women that work directly in my area are not attractive, overweight or black ect. It has always been like that where ever I have worked.

so you work with skinny or in shape whites and Mexicans but they're ugly? all of them? butterfaces?

rascal
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
so you work with skinny or in shape whites and Mexicans but they're ugly? all of them? butterfaces?

I don't work with any Mexicans. I am in CT.

I have had 30 different jobs in my lifetime(fields where very few women are working) and never have I worked directly with one attractive woman. I never had a date from work. Getting to know a girl at work makes it easy to get a date. Much easier than approaching as a stranger.

rascal
02-02-2012, 06:45 PM

I worded it wrong. It should be I work with overweight(fat), black, old or not attractive women. That is ususually the norm. Attractive women are not all that common in many lines of work. If your not in the right field you are out of luck.

tlongII
02-03-2012, 12:07 AM
I work with so many good looking women it's ridiculous. Seriously.

Wild Cobra
02-03-2012, 12:14 AM
There are some beauties where I work, but not the women technicians. Some of the women who operate the equipment I service are pretty fine.

rascal
02-03-2012, 05:32 AM
I should have chosen a field in the medical field. Lots of good looking women there and the pay is better than electronics.

mrsmaalox
02-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I should have chosen a field in the medical field. Lots of good looking women there and the pay is better than electronics.

LOTS of hanky panky happening at hospitals....

Proxy
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Proximity is a big part of attraction. Just throwing that out there as a variable in work-relationships taking root.

GoodOdor
02-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Tbh it's almost inevitable, where else am I supposed to meet chicks I can date? I'm not into the bar scene and all the chicks in my coed soccer games are taken. It's gonna have to be a co-worker tbh.

tlongII
02-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Soccer chicks are hot.

GoodOdor
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Soccer chicks are hot.

Interestingly enough they go in 2 extremes: the hot, fit chicks who are really good soccer players, and the 200+ pound chicks who used to play back in college, and now think it's a good idea to start playing again to lose some weight.....not much inbetween tbh.

rr2418
02-06-2012, 02:14 AM
I've dated women I've worked with and remained friends with both. But I'm sure it doesn't happen often tbh.

rascal
02-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Tbh it's almost inevitable, where else am I supposed to meet chicks I can date? I'm not into the bar scene and all the chicks in my coed soccer games are taken. It's gonna have to be a co-worker tbh.

This is what makes meeting women hard if you don't work with them. You basically have to approach them as a complete stranger on the street. If your friends don't know anyone and you don't want to meet a girl in a bar you are left with dating services or meeting them as a stranger on the street or in a store. Very awkward approaching a girl you don't know, high probability of failure.

rascal
02-06-2012, 05:37 AM
If you go about your regular boring life and try to meet a girl naturally, just have her there were you work or meet through a mutual friend it can take years to get a date.

Possible things you do during the week:
Go to work(nothing there), go to the gym(possibly a good place but numbers are not that great for attractive available women and many more guys there than women), go to a store, go home do it all over again until the weekend.

Go fishing(no girls there), go play in your softball league( no girls there) go to more stores(back to trying to meet a woman as a stranger), for some go to church( what are you going to do run up to one as they are leaving after church as they are walking out and try to strike up a conversation not knowing anything about her).

You almost have to go to a bar because there are not a lot of other good options.

benefactor
02-06-2012, 08:11 AM
LOTS of hanky panky happening at hospitals....
Yup...everybody is banging everybody...from admin on down. I have several that are after me right now, but that's a road I've been down and will never go down again.

Capt Bringdown
02-06-2012, 08:16 AM
I met my wife at work.
I never could live by the rules and still never do. (Thanks, Chrissy)

rascal
02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I met my wife at work.
I never could live by the rules and still never do. (Thanks, Chrissy)

So your banging everyone at the hospital.

rascal
02-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Women generally don't like guys approaching them out of the blue. If you don't have many other options then this is how you have to do it or just let luck come into play and met a girl whenever it happens by just going about your life, unfortunately that can take years. I know through experience, it can take years.

Women generally don't like or trust guys they don't know and it takes some time to warm them up to like you. So you are already fighting an uphill battle when you just walk up to a girl you don't know. First off most of the best looking girls won't even be interested or are not available.

You often hear I am married or I am seeing someone or I don't know you. If your a smooth talker you can get somewhere faster , if your not it will take many failures before you met a girl willing to give you a shot.