PDA

View Full Version : Al Hortford out 3 months, maybe for the season ; Kwame Brown out 3 months

lefty
01-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Hawks = fucked

Red Hawk #21
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
:cry fml

mystargtr34
01-12-2012, 05:26 PM
That is bad news.. but maybe now they actually trade for a real C and play Horford at the 4. I would move Smith if you can get a quality C.. if not move Marvin.

Killakobe81
01-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Wow that sucks. I know injuries would happen ...lockout or no ...but

Manu, ZBO and Horford are all-stars ...

Killakobe81
01-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Greedy ass owners, blame them.

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
oooof, that sucks for the hawks.

good thing the draft is staaaacked this year, guess it's a silver lining.

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
tank, draft sullinger and tell horford to quit whining and play center. it's not like he's bad there.

Killakobe81
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
They won't miss playoffs ... what 8 teams are better?

JamStone
01-12-2012, 05:46 PM
tank, draft sullinger and tell horford to quit whining and play center. it's not like he's bad there.

Does Horford whine about playing center? I honestly don't know. I haven't heard of him complaining. I thought it was just more of an issue of fans and some media who feel he's better suited to play PF, not that Horford complains about it.

Only available big that I can think of that might make sense for the Hawks would be Varejao on the Cavs. But I'm sure the Cavs would want a pretty price in return.

Red Hawk #21
01-12-2012, 05:47 PM
We're still gunna make the playoffs, and we'll probably be ok as long as we can avoid Orlando and Miami.

baseline bum
01-12-2012, 05:48 PM

I'd tank and draft Davis and tell Hoford to quit whining an play center. Or tank and draft Drummond and let Horford get his wish of moving to the 4.

JamStone
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I'd tank and draft Davis and tell Hoford to quit whining an play center. Or tank and draft Drummond and let Horford get his wish of moving to the 4.

Tanking doesn't guarantee a chance at Davis or Drummond. They're both projected to go in the top 3.

Do we forget how the draft lottery works?

Killakobe81
01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
We're still gunna make the playoffs, and we'll probably be ok as long as we can avoid Orlando and Miami.

Yall owned the Magic last year ...but without Al it could be different ...

i like that one brawny guy that was beasting against the Heat I know he is not a long-term answer, and playing him more will probably lead to diminishing returns ...but he can probably at least replace his toughness and presence inside on defense.

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Does Horford whine about playing center? I honestly don't know. I haven't heard of him complaining. I thought it was just more of an issue of fans and some media who feel he's better suited to play PF, not that Horford complains about it.

Only available big that I can think of that might make sense for the Hawks would be Varejao on the Cavs. But I'm sure the Cavs would want a pretty price in return.

sorry, you're right, i haven't heard him complain about playing center, by all accounts dude seems pretty humble. I rate him highly. There's just a huge number of Cs in the league right now that have all said (whiney or otherwise) they'd rather play PF - Nene (interestingly, GK has Mozgov starting at C then rotating Birdman, who's also preferred at PF), A''''''mare, Duncan (I think, Blair isn't starting, is he? I don't keep up with the spurs), Jordan's a PF too I think...

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Tanking doesn't guarantee a chance at Davis or Drummond. They're both projected to go in the top 3.

Agreed. Sullinger will be 5-10 I think due to concerns regarding the size of his ass.

Bynum 2.0 imo

ChuckD
01-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Agreed. Sullinger will be 5-10 I think due to concerns regarding the size of his ass.

Bynum 2.0 imo

I'd draft Sullinger before Drummond. Drummond has more upside, but there are major red flags about his motor and work ethic. He'll probably never reach that potential, and seems to have Olowokandi written all over him. You can plug Sullinger into your lineup for 15 years, and he'll always bust his ass, no matter what size it is.

NewcastleKEG
01-12-2012, 10:12 PM

No playoffs. Horford is by far your best player & the only one that actually cares. Hawks to nose dive

baseline bum
01-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Yeah, the way the lottery works is that if you're the worst team you have a 64% chance at drafting top 3, if you're the second worst you have a 56% chance, and 3rd you have a 47% shot since it's heavily weighted to favor the worst teams.

baseline bum
01-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd draft Sullinger before Drummond. Drummond has more upside, but there are major red flags about his motor and work ethic. He'll probably never reach that potential, and seems to have Olowokandi written all over him. You can plug Sullinger into your lineup for 15 years, and he'll always bust his ass, no matter what size it is.

Huge questions about him for sure (what happened to this guy's passing, for instance?), but bigmen are always going to be a crapshoot when guys can get drafted at 19 years old.

Rip-Hamilton32
01-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Drummond is staying in school

lefty
01-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Kwame being ignored in this thread :lol