PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace mulling over NBA return

Duncan2177
01-12-2012, 11:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_rasheed_wallace_nba_return_011212

If he does return should the spurs sign him?

William Hung
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Spurs already got one TOSB, they don't need another one. :rollin

jjktkk
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
If he can handle getting yelled at by Pop, would love it if he signed with the Spurs.

01-13-2012, 11:39 PM
spurs would be fools not to pursue this and see if wallace is up to shape

SenorSpur
01-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Why do you people persist in salivating after the corpses of old-ass, semi-retired, NBA has-beens?

8FOR!3
01-13-2012, 11:50 PM
I think this guy's still good for 15 minutes a game. Yeah he's 37 and probably out of shape, but at the same time I doubt his talent has fallen off a cliff and he's 6'11. Dude could play backup center, maybe take some of Bonner's minutes.

Duncan / Sheed / Bonner
Blair / Splitter / Thomas

callo1
01-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Why do you people persist in salivating after the corpses of old-ass, semi-retired, NBA has-beens?

Because corpses, old-ass semi retired has beens would be an upgrade over Bonner?

ducks
01-14-2012, 12:29 AM

kind of like manu huh

chazley
01-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Bonner has really regressed this season, but he's still shooting a decent percentage (36%) from 3, that is likely to go up as the season progresses. So, the question is, who would you rather have as your 4th big? Rasheed or Bonner? On the surface, it's easy to say Rasheed, but you have to take into account, Rasheed is a chucker on offense. In his last season in Boston, he averaged 9.0 PPG in only 22 MPG, but he only shot 40% (terrible for a big man), and he put up 3.7 3's per game, while only making 28% of them. I predict that if we did sign him, Spurs fans would likely long to see Bonner back in the 4th big man role rather than see Rasheed bog down the offense with terrible shot selection. I'm not against replacing Bonner at this point, as all advanced stats and the eye test tell me he no longer should be guaranteed minutes... I just don't want it to be Rasheed.

That said, if Pop could convince him to never shoot another 3 pointer, I'd love to have him.

jjktkk
01-14-2012, 02:33 AM

I'm not all giddy about Wallace, but let the Spurs bring him in, kick the tires, see if hes got anything left. Just like Diogu.

TJastal
01-14-2012, 02:40 AM

Because the spurs interior defense is really THAT bad and nobody outside of Mel_13 has any confidence that Splitter is going to actually get enough PT.

Mel_13
01-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Because the spurs interior defense is really THAT bad and nobody outside of Mel_13 has any confidence that Splitter is going to actually get enough PT.

Just watch the games.

100%duncan
01-14-2012, 06:52 AM

still a better choice than bonner

spurspokesman
01-14-2012, 09:29 AM

I bet he made this decision while eat watching a Miami heat game smh.

spurspokesman
01-14-2012, 09:30 AM

I bet he made this decision while watching a Miami heat game smh.

xmas1997
01-14-2012, 09:59 AM
No, I'd rather they keep working with Thomas and see what he brings to the table defensively. He looks like a shot blocker and a keeper.

GSH
01-16-2012, 06:22 PM
This from Sam Smith (bulls.com) via nba.com. So tell me, Sam... how do you really feel abou Rasheed?:

Interested in Rasheed? Think again

-- You’ve got to love that trial balloon floated last week by Rasheed Wallace about making a comeback. Though when thinking of Wallace you do think about inflation, that being his bloated, out of shape body that left the NBA after the 2009-10 season after career lows in about everything but missed shots. Sounds like someone may have spent all his money. That didn’t take long. He may not be the worst person ever to play in the NBA given Bill Laimbeer was there, but he’s certainly in the team picture. Here’s my ‘Sheed story. It’s when I was president of the basketball writers association and Wallace was again abusing reporters with foul language he saved for officials as well. I tried to get him aside and make a plea of understanding and that reporters were merely a way of communicating with the fans who supported the game. He listened briefly, then he said, “I don’t give a crap (much worse word) about anything but myself and my family.” Which also included not much caring about his team or the NBA. So I could go, well, you know what he suggested. If any team were to sign the 37-year-old it would suggest a move beyond desperation and a strike at the integrity of the game itself.

ChuckD
01-16-2012, 06:40 PM
This from Sam Smith (bulls.com) via nba.com. So tell me, Sam... how do you really feel abou Rasheed?:

Interested in Rasheed? Think again

-- You’ve got to love that trial balloon floated last week by Rasheed Wallace about making a comeback. Though when thinking of Wallace you do think about inflation, that being his bloated, out of shape body that left the NBA after the 2009-10 season after career lows in about everything but missed shots. Sounds like someone may have spent all his money. That didn’t take long. He may not be the worst person ever to play in the NBA given Bill Laimbeer was there, but he’s certainly in the team picture. Here’s my ‘Sheed story. It’s when I was president of the basketball writers association and Wallace was again abusing reporters with foul language he saved for officials as well. I tried to get him aside and make a plea of understanding and that reporters were merely a way of communicating with the fans who supported the game. He listened briefly, then he said, “I don’t give a crap (much worse word) about anything but myself and my family.” Which also included not much caring about his team or the NBA. So I could go, well, you know what he suggested. If any team were to sign the 37-year-old it would suggest a move beyond desperation and a strike at the integrity of the game itself.

Revenge is a dish best served cold...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM
NO.

He was done two years ago, and he's still done. Move forward with the youth.

SenorSpur
01-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold...

And guys like Wallace, Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury are tasting it plenty.

SpurCharger
01-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Hell No, He is Lazy at Times, And Is probably way out of shape.... he shot Below 30% from three his last season... And he does not like bangin down low and doing what a Big man should do. waste of time.... Id rather See Malcolm Thomas Play, At Least he has upside.

boutons_deux
01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Hall of Fame talent, Hall of Fucktard head

jjktkk
01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
As a 4th big sure if hes in shape. Would fit our system.

According to you, anyone 6'10" or better, with a pulse, would fit the Spur's system. Now thats some evaluating. :lol