PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: "Kobe Bryant’s Legacy and Continued Superiority Over LeBron James"

Koolaid_Man
01-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Below are some excellent extrapolations from the article: :lol

It's only when you look deeper do you realize LeBron will never even be mentioned in the same breath as Kobe Bryant when our children discuss the legends of this era.
While LeBron may enhance the very poor player by getting him easy baskets, I'm not so sure James' skill set is the best to match with another perimeter player.

I guess we're all dying to see Kobe pretty much hammer the coffin closed on this ridiculous conversation by sweeping the Heat in the Finals this year. I think that's pretty much inevitable, and will finally make it completely lucid to LeBron James and Miami Heat (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/mia/) fans that he is never going to be the kind of legend we consider when we discuss the "Pantheon" of great players (credit: Bill Simmons).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10828807

LakaFan
01-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Sorry Lakers won't make the finals much less swept the Heat. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Mel_13
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Sorry Lakers won't make the finals much less swept the Heat. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

The writer:

Brett David Roberts

http://l.yimg.com/ck/user/A8851/885144/150_885144-2.jpg

Brett is a 30 year old freelance writer who writes about NBA Basketball. He writes for Maddux Sports and is also syndicated in national media outlets. In addition to basketball, Brett now writes baseball columns for The Diamond's Edge (www.thediamondsedge.com).

Education/Experience

BS in Technical Management from DeVry University

Motto

If you aint laughin' , you aint livin' !

wanggi
01-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Every NBA player can be superiority if they can shoot 30 times in a game.:hat

Killakobe81
01-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Of course the Lakers cant sweep the Heat Wade would never let that happen ...

Seriously, though the best line was: "...will finally make it completely lucid to LeBron James and Miami Heat fans that he is never going to be the kind of legend we consider when we discuss the "Pantheon" of great players."

Im not saying I agree with this ...yet. But Simmons is a Clips season ticket holder was at this game and was (is?) a HUGE Lebron James fan. I think he goes too far to speak so absolutely, but the fact that even his biggest supporters, not just Skip Bayless are calling out James ...is telling.

I have not given up on him yet, he may prove us all wrong in June ... but I'm starting to have some doubts and concerns he may NEVER be as great as his talent suggests ..which is sad, not funny.

JamStone
01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Lol the writer also wrote:

Because that is the bottom line: James is not good enough to get it done on his own, so he has to piggy back with other superstars. He might as well just get Dwight Howard in on the deal and make it ridiculous. James and Howard would be the deadliest pick n roll combo since Magic and Kareem, and would go on to win several championships. But mostly because Howard makes teams that much better on the court and would enable James to have less pressure on him since he clearly has proven he is incapable of handling that pressure already.

Kobe really didn't need to piggy back. He had Shaq, but that was just fortuitous; the Lakers got Kobe for Vlade Divac. He can win championshps with or without great second fiddles. Jordan needed Pippen, Kobe needed Shaq and Gasol. Every Option 1A, needs an option 1B. Durant has Westbrook; Blake Griffin has Chris Paul, and so on. Teams don't try to do it with one guy that often anymore, with it of course highly debateable if such a strategy has ever worked (Hakeem was certainly without a legitimate superstar second fiddle since Drexler was ancient by that point).

When referencing a historically great pick-and-roll combo, who references Magic and Kareem??? It's always Stockton and Malone. Did Magic and Kareem even run many pick-and-rolls?

And lmao "Kobe didn't need to piggy back."

The piece is a certifiable hack job.

stretch
01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Lebron does deserve some props though... he finally has being unleashing a post game on the league, and settling less for bad jumpshots. He's not flawless by any means, but I still think he just has a type of court presence that helps elevate the play of teammates better than anyone in the league. What he did with such an AWFUL supporting cast in Cleveland should not be ignored by any means. He had those guys playing way over their heads on an yearly basis, by instilling a great amount of confidence in them by constantly trusting them and even giving away some of the types of shots a leader like himself should generally be taking. To me, the fact that they would win 60+ games a year, but somehow flame out in the playoffs was proof that he had poor talent surrounding him, simply playing way above their actual talent level. To win championships, as important as the team concept is, you MUST have talent to compliment the team concept as well.

IMO, Lebron's type of leadership that he has is what is hurting him the most in his situation in Miami. It seems like he is more interested in keeping the morale of the team high, and doesn't want to step on the shoes of Wade, despite the fact he is a superior player to Wade.

To me, there is only one thing holding Miami back from being one of the greatest teams ever, and it is Wade being the #1 option when Lebron should be. If Wade willingly deferred to Lebron, I think it would make them so much better, because Lebron, although egotistical, doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just take that away from Wade unless Wade gave it to him.

I'm not gonna lie, I am definitely a big Lebron fan still, despite all that has gone on. But this is just my personal thoughts on his situation. I still think he is the best player in the NBA, and if I could build a team with the current NBA players, he would be my #1 pick, without question.

ElNono
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
lol extrapolations

z0sa
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
If you ain't laughin, you ain't livin

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Lebron does deserve some props though... he finally has being unleashing a post game on the league, and settling less for bad jumpshots.

You've been running around this Forum the last few days spewing this cock & bull story.

You're out of your fuckin' mind, dude.

JamStone
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Isn't that starting to happen this season now anyway? LeBron averaging close to 30 PPG, Wade close to 20 PPG. LeBron getting more touches. Has more FGA (albeit only 1 more per game) and going to the line 3 more times. So LeBron is essentially "the guy."

I don't really see a problem with the two co-existing. People do seem to minimize the fact that they did get to the NBA Finals in their first season together last year. More important than having LeBron the undisputed #1 option is having Wade the closer.

It's clear that LeBron is the best player on the planet for the first 3 1/2 quarters of games. Let Wade close out the games. Same with the threepeat Shaq-Kobe Lakers. They let Shaq dominate the game and in the closing possessions of close games, Kobe had the ball in his hands to make decisions, take clutch shots, and hit free throws. People have been saying it since last year. Let LeBron dominate the game for those first 3 1/2 quarters. Then hand over the game to Wade.

cantthinkofanything
MJ>Manu>Kobe>LeBron

stretch
You've been running around this Forum the last few days spewing this cock & bull story.

You're out of your fuckin' mind, dude.

Your entire time at Spurstalk has been spent swallowing cock & bull.

You've no room, faggot.

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Your entire time at Spurstalk has been spent swallowing cock & bull.

You've no room, faggot.

Perhaps, but, I ain't lettin' it (your James low post malarkey) go in abject silence any longer.

Ya a-hole, you.

stretch
01-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Isn't that starting to happen this season now anyway? LeBron averaging close to 30 PPG, Wade close to 20 PPG. LeBron getting more touches. Has more FGA (albeit only 1 more per game) and going to the line 3 more times. So LeBron is essentially "the guy."

I don't really see a problem with the two co-existing. People do seem to minimize the fact that they did get to the NBA Finals in their first season together last year. More important than having LeBron the undisputed #1 option is having Wade the closer.

It's clear that LeBron is the best player on the planet for the first 3 1/2 quarters of games. Let Wade close out the games. Same with the threepeat Shaq-Kobe Lakers. They let Shaq dominate the game and in the closing possessions of close games, Kobe had the ball in his hands to make decisions, take clutch shots, and hit free throws. People have been saying it since last year. Let LeBron dominate the game for those first 3 1/2 quarters. Then hand over the game to Wade.

I agree entirely with this post. I have always felt Lebron is like a "guard" version of Shaq. It's not that Lebron is neccesarily a choker, its that he doesn't have a skillset that the best closers have. He has a very different skillset that comes in extremely handy for the majority of the game, and still can be very handy in closing situations too, just not as handy as a skillset that guys like Kobe, Carmello, Wade, and Dirk have (basically a combo of an ability to use moves to consistently get space for jumpers and hit tough jumpers)

stretch
01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Perhaps, but, I ain't lettin' it (your James low post malarkey) go in abject silence any longer.

Ya a-hole, you.

So you don't see any growth in his post game whatsoever?

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
So you don't see any growth in his post game whatsoever?

None.

I've seen no evolution to his game this season at all.

Killakobe81
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Lebron does deserve some props though... he finally has being unleashing a post game on the league, and settling less for bad jumpshots. He's not flawless by any means, but I still think he just has a type of court presence that helps elevate the play of teammates better than anyone in the league. What he did with such an AWFUL supporting cast in Cleveland should not be ignored by any means. He had those guys playing way over their heads on an yearly basis, by instilling a great amount of confidence in them by constantly trusting them and even giving away some of the types of shots a leader like himself should generally be taking. To me, the fact that they would win 60+ games a year, but somehow flame out in the playoffs was proof that he had poor talent surrounding him, simply playing way above their actual talent level. To win championships, as important as the team concept is, you MUST have talent to compliment the team concept as well.

IMO, Lebron's type of leadership that he has is what is hurting him the most in his situation in Miami. It seems like he is more interested in keeping the morale of the team high, and doesn't want to step on the shoes of Wade, despite the fact he is a superior player to Wade.

To me, there is only one thing holding Miami back from being one of the greatest teams ever, and it is Wade being the #1 option when Lebron should be. If Wade willingly deferred to Lebron, I think it would make them so much better, because Lebron, although egotistical, doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just take that away from Wade unless Wade gave it to him.

I'm not gonna lie, I am definitely a big Lebron fan still, despite all that has gone on. But this is just my personal thoughts on his situation. I still think he is the best player in the NBA, and if I could build a team with the current NBA players, he would be my #1 pick, without question.

Agree he is the most dominant player and the only guy that you can consider trading for Dwight Howard straight up with no fillers, not because Dwight is better but he is a BIG. I agree maybe it would work better the way you say it, but that is what is part of the problem. You don't want a Shaq/Kobe like struggle but the best player needs to lead the team. When shaq was that for the Lakers Kobe was wrong for taking bad shots ...later when Shaq lost his "shape" and injuries started to take hold that was Kobe. Shaq held on to power too long, Kobe went after it too soon.

Problem is though Jame is the more dynamic, dominant talent right now in the clutch Wade is still the more complete and reliable player. And even though I agree he is the better talent, maybe they should just defer all big shots to Wade. Miami fans have been calling for that since last season ...until Lebron was the star in the clutch against the Bulls and Celts and we thought he hd broken through. Then Dallas happened and we face the same questions we have faced since his breakthrough against the Pistons in the ECF.

Maybe, we were wrong thinking since he has done so much at a young age that he would just keep getting better. he has but not the way we thought. I have maintained on here consistently that he has the talent to surpass both Kobe and MJ (legacy wise) ...while some here have called me crazy. Lebron is THAT talented.

stretch
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
None.

Then either you haven't watched him, or you are a moron.

I think both are correct.

Killakobe81
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
And Cully is right, his post game has NOT gotten better. His footwork is still atrocious. His shot selection has just gotten better. he has eliminated the long 3's and most of the long 2's and is attacking from the high and mid post. He is scoring from there, quite well. But it's not a true post game ... really it's a "drive" game. Which to me, more than any improvements Bron has made ...has been a great adjustment by Spo. From those spots he drives quick before help can arrive or he finds the open man. Wade is STILL a better post player at his height ...but wade even had a sneaky good post-game in college. Lebron could have done this before this season, but he seemed to prefer to survey the court from the top of the key, extended. I don't see great improvement in his low post game. I see smarter decisions by him, and the coach.

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Then either you haven't watched him

I've watched him and his progress is nil.

stretch
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Agree he is the most dominant player and the only guy that you can consider trading for Dwight Howard straight up with no fillers, not because Dwight is better but he is a BIG. I agree maybe it would work better the way you say it, but that is what is part of the problem. You don't want a Shaq/Kobe like struggle but the best player needs to lead the team. When shaq was that for the Lakers Kobe was wrong for taking bad shots ...later when Shaq lost his "shape" and injuries started to take hold that was Kobe. Shaq held on to power too long, Kobe went after it too soon.

Problem is though Jame is the more dynamic, dominant talent right now in the clutch Wade is still the more complete and reliable player. And even though I agree he is the better talent, maybe they should just defer all big shots to Wade. Miami fans have been calling for that since last season ...until Lebron was the star in the clutch against the Bulls and Celts and we thought he hd broken through. Then Dallas happened and we face the same questions we have faced since his breakthrough against the Pistons in the ECF.

Maybe, we were wrong thinking since he has done so much at a young age that he would just keep getting better. he has but not the way we thought. I have maintained on here consistently that he has the talent to surpass both Kobe and MJ (legacy wise) ...while some here have called me crazy. Lebron is THAT talented.

Lebron HAS to develop a consistent jumper that he can hit even with a small amount of space for him to consistently be a lethal closer. His skillset is what holds him back.

The reason he failed against Dallas was because they forced him to shoot tough jumpers all game long, thanks to a strong zone defense, and he never was able to really get in a rhythm, and thus crumbled in closing time. Chicago and Boston generally allowed him to get in a rhythm early, and it was too late by the end of games.

Their inability to consistently beat a strong zone defense may still be their downfall. While I still think the Heat will win the title this year, there is ONE team that has a chance to beat them again IMO, and that's Dallas (if they get their stuff together and Odom breaks out of his slump), simply because they still run a very strong, swarming zone defense, and have the personel to matchup with the Heat and make Bron/Wade work both on offense and defense.

stretch
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
And Cully is right, his post game has NOT gotten better. His footwork is still atrocious. His shot selection has just gotten better. he has eliminated the long 3's and most of the long 2's and is attacking from the high and mid post. He is scoring from there, quite well. But it's not a true post game ... really it's a "drive" game. Which to me, more than any improvements Bron has made ...has been a great adjustment by Spo. From those spots he drives quick before help can arrive or he finds the open man. Wade is STILL a better post player at his height ...but wade even had a sneaky good post-game in college. Lebron could have done this before this season, but he seemed to prefer to survey the court from the top of the key, extended. I don't see great improvement in his floor game. I see smarter decisions by him, and the coach.

I think it's not perfect, but I think it's improved. Mainly because of the fact that he feels comfortable to consistently use it, and use it correctly. That IMO shows growth and improvement, and is more what I was referring to.

I agree his moves and footwork still needs a lot of work, but he definitely is using it far better than he ever has.

Bill_Brasky
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
None.

Not surprising given your Suns prediction and the fact you really know nothing about basketball other than "Kobe good, Duncan bad".

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Not surprising given your Suns prediction and the fact you really know nothing about basketball other than "Kobe good, Duncan bad".

What you really mean is:::

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I think it's not perfect, but I think it's improved. Mainly because of the fact that he feels comfortable to consistently use it, and use it correctly. That IMO shows growth and improvement, and is more what I was referring to.

I agree his moves and footwork still needs a lot of work, but he definitely is using it far better than he ever has.

There you go again being out of your fuckin' mind.

Killakobe81
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM

I almost posted the correction for you, but I knew you would not let that shit slide ... :lol :toast

Bill_Brasky
01-13-2012, 12:57 PM

:lol not knowing shit about anything

Mel_13
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Cully knows some things, but he seems to be stuck in a infinite loop with the Kobe/Duncan schtick.

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Cully knows some things, but he seems to be stuck in a infinite loop with the Kobe/Duncan schtick.

Exactly.

& I'm content there.

When you get old like me you crave that contentment.

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 04:05 PM
What a wasteful article

Rose & Durant > Kobe & James

stretch
01-13-2012, 04:22 PM
What a wasteful article

um

no

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
What a wasteful article

Sweet jesus you're fucking retarded.

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM
um

no
- Kobe isn't even TOP5 in the league
- James isn't even the go to guy on his own team

So WTF is the point of this midget pissing contest

DAF86
01-13-2012, 04:36 PM
All this Kobe fan articles will end when Lebron wins finals MVP this year.

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 04:40 PM
- Kobe isn't even TOP5 in the league
- James isn't even the go to guy on his own team

So WTF is the point of this midget pissing contest

Kobe leads the league in scoring - in his 16th NBA campaign. LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/year/2012/seasontype/2)

...and he doing it in less mpg and FTAs than LeHype. :lol

:downspin:

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Kobe leads the league in scoring - in his 16th year. LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/year/2012/seasontype/2)

Why is being the 6th or 7th best player in the league such a slap in the face, especially for a 16th year vet?

We both know Kobe won't finish with the scoring title (even though he's #1 in shot attempts) so what is the #1 single thing Kobe is the best in the league at?

IMO, Kobe is solid at every single facet of basketball BUT he is not #1 at anything. Other younger players have superior strengths and room to grow with age at other aspects of basketball

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Why is being the 6th or 7th best player in the league such a slap in the face, especially for a 16th year vet?

We both know Kobe won't finish with the scoring title (even though he's #1 in shot attempts) so what is the #1 single thing Kobe is the best in the league at?

IMO, Kobe is solid at every single facet of basketball BUT he is not #1 at anything. Other younger players have superior strengths and room to grow with age at other aspects of basketball

My job is done. :lol

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 04:53 PM
My job is done. :lol
Man I'm not joking when I say considering Kobe's mental personality and declined defense.....I wouldn't deal Deng for Kobe right now

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Man I'm not joking when I say considering Kobe's mental personality and declined defense.....I wouldn't deal Deng for Kobe right now

Kobe sent MJ to the tree of woe. Dropped 42 on his ass at the half on him and a double nickel for the game. Do you deny this fact? Now it is 2012 and Kobe is the iold G now and I guarantee you D Rose wont do that shit to him. :downspin: that shit, ya dig?

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 04:57 PM
late again. Sorry.

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Kobe sent MJ to the tree of woe. Dropped 42 on his ass at the half on him and a double nickel for the game. Do you deny this fact? Now it is 2012 and Kobe is the iold G now and I guarantee you D Rose wont do that shit to him. :downspin: that shit, ya dig?
Could Rose score 40 on the Lakers? In one Half

Would he do it out of spite and to fuck his team mates over? No

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 05:02 PM
There is a reason Wilt & Kobe (2 most selfish players of all time) are the 2 highest scorers ever

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Could Rose score 40 on the Lakers? In one Half

Would he do it out of spite and to fuck his team mates over? No

No he couldn't. Without Bynum anchoring, he barely dropped 22 on Fisher. Say it with me: Kobe dropped 55 on MJ, and nobody bad enough to do that to Kobe. Not LeHype. Not D-Whistle. Not KD... Can you dig it?

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 05:10 PM
There is a reason Wilt & Kobe (2 most selfish players of all time) are the 2 highest scorers ever

Is this a preemptive post? ;)

DAF86
01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Kobe leads the league in scoring - in his 16th NBA campaign. LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/year/2012/seasontype/2)

:lol mpg and FTA

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 05:20 PM
:lol mpg and FTA

Que' pasa? He is scoring more in less minutes and les free throw attempts than LeHype despite more years played.

DAF86
01-13-2012, 05:39 PM
But Kobe more than makes up for that with the 6 more shots he takes every game.

Ace
01-13-2012, 05:45 PM

He called the Suns coming out West last year and said Hedo would fortify...

Ace
01-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Que' pasa? He is scoring more in less minutes and les free throw attempts than LeHype despite more years played.

57% compared to 45%

I would say stop being idiotic but it's apparent you can't help it...

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 05:51 PM
57% compared to 45%

Will he shoot like that all year? Anyone can shoot like that on dunks and and-1 ref induced layups.

How is his 3 ball %? :downspin:

Giuseppe
01-13-2012, 05:51 PM
He called the Suns coming out West last year and said Hedo would fortify...

...you've nary room. You said you'd leave for good if the Mavs beat the Heat.

Ace
01-13-2012, 05:53 PM
What a wasteful article

In terms of being overrated sure...

Koolaid_Man
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Every NBA player can be superiority if they can shoot 30 times in a game.:hat

Jerry West:
"I don't know if anyone could have stopped him last night. It's so senseless to me to say he shouldn't take over like that. You give the same amount of shots to everybody else and they're not making that many, I know it. Players are jealous of greatness. Kobe is a unique talent and a unique person. His belief that he can jump to the moon is never going to change. But I admire him, what he's been able to overcome. You would think he would be a fair-haired man of the NBA with what's he's already done. But he's taken a fairly good battering."

Killakobe81
01-13-2012, 06:07 PM

KEG you are cool but so wrong ... neither are in the top 2 currently in scoring :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-13-2012, 06:12 PM
KEG you are cool but so wrong ... neither are in the top 2 currently in scoring :lol

Keg is cool on deez nuts...that fucker didn't even now that shit...:lol

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 07:30 PM
No he couldn't. Without Bynum anchoring, he barely dropped 22 on Fisher. Say it with me: Kobe dropped 55 on MJ, and nobody bad enough to do that to Kobe. Not LeHype. Not D-Whistle. Not KD... Can you dig it?

Rose scored 22 points on 13 shots.

Kobe averages 25 shots per game

So basically Rose would have scored 44 points. Thanks for playing kiddo

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 07:33 PM
By the way, here's a quote from Kobe's 55 point game vs MJ

"He then went cold from the floor in the second half, making just one of 10 shots"

Fkn scrub. Dominqiue Wilkins & Iverson = Kobe

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 07:34 PM
In terms of being overrated sure...
Rose & Durant = MVP & Scoring Champ last year

Kobe & James = Exposed in playoffs

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Rose scored 22 points on 13 shots.

Kobe averages 25 shots per game

So basically Rose would have scored 44 points. Thanks for playing kiddo

Coulda woulda shoulda, but didn't. :downspin:

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Coulda woulda shoulda, but didn't. :downspin:
Ahhhh because he's an efficient player. Kobe went 1 of 10 in the 2nd Half of that game.....

He's a fkn scrub man. It's nice to see him exposed for the overrated player he always was.

Ace
01-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Rose & Durant = MVP & Scoring Champ last year

Kobe & James = Exposed in playoffs

James sent that overrated gangbanger packing tail behind legs. Getting out coached by Spo :lmao

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 07:49 PM
James sent that overrated gangbanger packing tail behind legs. Getting out coached by Spo :lmao
And then pooped his pants in the Finals

Korver & Boozer choked. It happens

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Ahhhh because he's an efficient player. Kobe went 1 of 10 in the 2nd Half of that game.....

He's a fkn scrub man. It's nice to see him exposed for the overrated player he always was.

Zero rangs for MJ in the '80s. During Showtime he won nothingPERIOD.

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Zero rangs for MJ in the '80s. During Showtime he won nothingPERIOD.
Haha ENOUGH

Point is this article is stupid to focus on Kobe vs James. There is nothing similar in their game styles or career paths. Kobe was drafted on a All Star team/James on the Cavs & LeBron skipped town to join a sidekick/Kobe threatened to leave.

The only similarity is they both skipped College. Rings vs MVPs. They are different in every single way

pass1st
01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Haha ENOUGH

Point is this article is stupid to focus on Kobe vs James. There is nothing similar in their game styles or career paths. Kobe was drafted on a All Star team/James on the Cavs & LeBron skipped town to join a sidekick/Kobe threatened to leave.

The only similarity is they both skipped College. Rings vs MVPs. They are different in every single way

Both have hairlines chasing their ass too

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Both have hairlines chasing their ass too
Their personalities are so different too. Kobe = womanizer, LeBron = fat hometown girl. Kobe = fueds with everyone, LeBron = kinda gets walked over

Ace
01-13-2012, 08:16 PM
And then pooped his pants in the Finals

Korver & Boozer choked. It happens

Rose choked. He did in college and did last year as he was shut down by Lebron. Heat made Chicago their bitch sending them home 4-1...

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Rose choked. He did in college and did last year as he was shut down by Lebron. Heat made Chicago their bitch sending them home 4-1...
Link to being shut down

Link to choking

I'll wait

Ace
01-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Link to being shut down

Link to choking

I'll wait

Link? Lebron guarded Rose, Rose didn't score. Rose missed shots down the stretch. Just watch the games you faggot...

Jelloisjigglin
01-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow, this Newcastle guy is really fucking stupid.

KidCongo
01-13-2012, 08:58 PM
James should still shoot the 3 ball, it was the heat checks that killed his game. Long 2's are a shit shot when he is one step in from the 3 pt line.

He's gotta play like an mvp when it counts, he blew a gasket in his head against Boston with the Cavs and did it again against the Mavs.

dunkman
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
The only time Kobe was better, was during LeBron's rookie season. From there on, LeBron is better.

NewcastleKEG
01-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Link? Lebron guarded Rose, Rose didn't score. Rose missed shots down the stretch. Just watch the games you faggot...
Link to Rose not scoring?

LkrFan
01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
the only time kobe was better, was during lebron's rookie season. From there on, lebron is better.

Scottie Pippen James: 0

dunkman
01-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Scottie Pippen James: 0

The two times LeBron played in the finals his teams overachieved. While he played acceptably but no great in those finals (Kobe neither plays well there), he will eventually have some great finals.

Shaq and then the NBA best by far bigman rotation are the reason why Kobe has 5 rings. It's easy to get championships on the Lakers, they never pay real value for talent and get refs help.