PDA

View Full Version : Word to yo Momma

The_Worlds_finest
01-13-2012, 09:49 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/food/2012/01/freetails-hilarious-response-to-cease-and-desist-request/

shout out to Scott and Freetail

Drachen
01-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the laughs Scott!

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-13-2012, 11:40 PM
:lol Fuckin awesome.

Blake
01-13-2012, 11:49 PM
:tu

Wild Cobra
01-14-2012, 02:03 AM
That was good.

The redacting was done wrong. You are suppose to xerox the redacted document do you can't make out what's under the ink.

CubanMustGo
01-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Well done, Freetail. Fucking lawyers.

Here's a classic GFY response from one lawyer to another, perhaps not nearly as creative, but wonderful nonetheless. http://www.edibleapple.com/2011/03/13/cleveland-browns-send-law-firm-best-letter-ever/

Wild Cobra
01-14-2012, 11:24 AM
So Scott...

Trying to make friends in Eugene?

DPG21920
01-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Scott, I watched the video attached to the link. Nice job, but I had a question. Why is it, in your opinion that certain goods (beer) will continue to thrive regardless of the situation in the marketplace? As you mentioned, even when there was a lack of quality and choice, the need to get drunk supplanted the typical marketplace theory for there to be a product consumers want to buy because of quality and choice. Are there some fundamental things that supersede traditional market theory and can thrive regardless of the situation such as beer? Obviously, market theory is just a theory and as efficient as the market can be, that doesn't mean it's 100% efficient, but it's interesting to think that there are innate cravings that seem shatter any logical thought and take place at a different level of human thought/emotion.

fraga
01-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Cc: Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mahahahahahahaha...

scott
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Scott, I watched the video attached to the link. Nice job, but I had a question. Why is it, in your opinion that certain goods (beer) will continue to thrive regardless of the situation in the marketplace? As you mentioned, even when there was a lack of quality and choice, the need to get drunk supplanted the typical marketplace theory for there to be a product consumers want to buy because of quality and choice. Are there some fundamental things that supersede traditional market theory and can thrive regardless of the situation such as beer? Obviously, market theory is just a theory and as efficient as the market can be, that doesn't mean it's 100% efficient, but it's interesting to think that there are innate cravings that seem shatter any logical thought and take place at a different level of human thought/emotion.

Well, in the case of beer, I believe you had a product that had certain qualities (it got you intoxicated) and the vast majority of consumers never knew anything otherwise in terms of what was available. Even today, the majority of people are unfamiliar with craft beer (it still only represents 5% of the market in the US) despite the fact that the vast majority of companies making beer are craft brewers (and the average American lives within 10 miles of a craft brewery).

I think the Hamburger Analogy is a good one. So long as you've never had another hamburger in your life, McDonald's may seem great. It's not when you are able to compare it against better products that you see it for what it really is.

Thanks for thinking I can occasionally be funny, everyone. This whole thing has kind of "gone viral" and it's being blown out of proportion. I have nothing against the other brewery and would love to drink their beers.

Support your local brewery, wherever that may be.

Cheers!

Wild Cobra
01-15-2012, 10:45 AM
so the brewery i live nearby has a few lines of beer - 2 different lagers, a bock (7% alcohol take that shiner) and a light lager

i would really like them to make an IPA, but i've been told that an IPA would require serious adjustments to the existing brew equipment/process/system.

Is this true Mr Scott?
I'm pretty sure a good IPA requires dryhopping. That's an added process.

scott
01-15-2012, 11:29 AM
so the brewery i live nearby has a few lines of beer - 2 different lagers, a bock (7% alcohol take that shiner) and a light lager

i would really like them to make an IPA, but i've been told that an IPA would require serious adjustments to the existing brew equipment/process/system.

Is this true Mr Scott?

An IPA doesn't require any different process, just different ingredients (and increased quantity of certain ingredients) - unless they are specifically set up to only do Lagers (which may be possible since all 4 of those beers are lagers) and only have horizontal tanks, in which case their equipment may not be appropriate for ales.

They may also just not want to do an IPA but rather than tell you that they are blowing smoke up your butt.

I'm pretty sure a good IPA requires dryhopping. That's an added process.

Some IPAs are dry hopped, some are not. Whether a "good" IPA requires dry hopping would be a matter of personal preference.

Wild Cobra
01-16-2012, 04:14 AM
An IPA doesn't require any different process, just different ingredients (and increased quantity of certain ingredients) - unless they are specifically set up to only do Lagers (which may be possible since all 4 of those beers are lagers) and only have horizontal tanks, in which case their equipment may not be appropriate for ales.

They may also just not want to do an IPA but rather than tell you that they are blowing smoke up your butt.

Some IPAs are dry hopped, some are not. Whether a "good" IPA requires dry hopping would be a matter of personal preference.
I forgot about the top and bottom yeasts. Makes sense.