01-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Life long member.

Libri
01-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Somebody book the Alamodome :smokin

:lol

Refocus
01-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Totally a believer in what Chuck said about this kid. He's only going to get better from here.

Buddy Holly
Amen!

jeebus
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1232/storydisplayimage.jpg

"Thank you for joining. I'm so happy to be here."

TimmehC
01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
what the fck took soo long

This. Also, can the team finally retire #12?

Bill_Brasky
01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
So fuckin in.

timtonymanu
01-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm glad he's working out. Otherwise the Hill fanboys would go crazy on here.

Darkwaters
01-13-2012, 11:06 PM
"For Pop so loved the Spurs that he gave up his only begotten favorite player, that whom-so-ever should put faith in Kawhi would be rewarded with rebounds and all-around beast mode. Amen"

5in10
01-13-2012, 11:08 PM
What did chuck say?

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:08 PM
"For Pop so loved the Spurs that he gave up his only begotten favorite player, that whom-so-ever should put faith in Kawhi would be rewarded with rebounds and all-around beast mode. Amen"

In the name of the Timmy, the Admiral and the Holy Bruce, amen.

Darkwaters
01-13-2012, 11:10 PM
When do we receive the holy sacrament of ice-water in my veins?

Nathan Explosion
01-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Kawhi got to see tonight what he could be physically in Gerald Wallace. Get some rebounds, play some D and be a mismatch against smaller SFs.

manufan10
01-13-2012, 11:13 PM

In the name of the Timmy, the Admiral and the Holy Bruce, amen.

Amen.

When do we receive the holy sacrament of ice-water in my veins?

GSH
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
If he keeps getting starter's minutes, he'll be in the top 3-4 rookies this season. A steal at the 15 spot. George Hill got 22 tonight (and 5 steals!). But Kawhi is what this team needed. The best part, for me, is that he has stepped into the starting lineup without nerves, or trying to do too much.

Spurs Brazil
01-13-2012, 11:16 PM
In

Darkwaters
01-13-2012, 11:20 PM
If he keeps getting starter's minutes, he'll be in the top 3-4 rookies this season. A steal at the 15 spot. George Hill got 22 tonight (and 5 steals!). But Kawhi is what this team needed. The best part, for me, is that he has stepped into the starting lineup without nerves, or trying to do too much.

Exactly. And now when Ginobili comes back we can just slide RJ to the bench and voila. Transition complete.

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:21 PM
The best part, for me, is that he has stepped into the starting lineup without nerves, or trying to do too much.

And he does it like a god damned robot, so Timmy-like in his demeanor. It's like under any picture of him, you can caption 'Kawhi is not amused.'

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2012, 11:22 PM
the play where he stole the ball from LA down low with the help defense...lol LA

Ditty
01-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I see him being a Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace without the craziness down the road.

manufan10
01-13-2012, 11:24 PM
And he does it like a god damned robot, so Timmy-like in his demeanor. It's like under any picture of him, you can caption 'Kawhi is not amused.'

Just change this to a picture of Kawhi.. :lol

http://apeshart.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/chuck-norris-emotions.jpg

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Oh come on, somebody has to do that, I'll have a new sig!

nbaman99
01-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Let me in please.

Buddy Holly
01-13-2012, 11:28 PM
George Hill got 22 tonight (and 5 steals!).

Just being inconsistent George. The previous game he had 4 points.

benefactor
01-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Pullin' up a pew.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2012, 11:36 PM
If you're a Spurs fan and you're not in this house, there's something wrong with you.

Kawhi Leonard, Spur4Life. :toast

Yorae
01-13-2012, 11:52 PM
I wonder how kawhi looks when he's happy...count me in!

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I wonder how kawhi looks when he's happy...count me in!

You've seen it already. Very similar to his funeral face

Brazil
01-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Leonard is for real

ggoose25
01-13-2012, 11:56 PM
in!

therealtruth
01-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Just being inconsistent George. The previous game he had 4 points.

That was GH's problem too much inconsistency. One moment he would make you want to trade Parker and hand him the PG spot. The next moment he would be forgettable. I don't think the Spurs get by the Mavs in '10 without him yet he was horrible in the Suns series. Him getting abused by Nash in the start of the series created a psychological deficit the team never overcame.

timvp
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1232/storydisplayimage.jpg

"Thank you for joining. I'm so happy to be here."

That was the first time and last time Kawhi Leonard smiled.

ace3g
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Oh come on, somebody has to do that, I'll have a new sig!

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5851/kawhiemotionscopy.jpg

Spursfan092120
01-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Testify, bitches.

benefactor

timvp

tim_duncan_fan
Signing in.

callo1
01-14-2012, 12:10 AM
:worthy:

stephen jackson
01-14-2012, 12:17 AM
kawhi is amused.
kawhi is not amused.

GSH
01-14-2012, 12:19 AM
All right - statistically this was Leonard's worst game of the last four. So why did I come away feeling like it's his best game so far? I can't put it into words without resorting to cliches.

ducks
01-14-2012, 12:22 AM
this guy will make george hill a distance memory

Buddy Holly
01-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Hey Kawhi.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SlPHKCkERmM/TgTAC9nKe-I/AAAAAAAAANk/bN_q8KEZVmA/s1600/kawhi-leonard.jpg

Can we get a second with you to take a picture?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/523/992/109079961_crop_650x440.jpg?1326255084

Ok, just sit down and we'll get this picture taken. Ready? 3...2...1 say cheese!

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/04/07/11/1077851/3/628x471.jpg

Ok, well, not what I was expecting. Kawhi, you're in the NBA, you're winning. We need some happy facial expressions Kawhi. A smile. Ready? 3...2...1 say smile!

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/kawhi-leonard-ball.jpg

Better Kawhi, but not what we're looking for. We want a big happy smile. Think of kittens or puppies. Smile and show the teeth. Ready? 3...2...1 show the teeth!

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/kawhi-leonard-spurs.jpeg

GODAMNIT KAWHI! I WANT TEETH AND A SMILE, NOT JUST TEETH. SMILE DAMNIT! LOOK, WE'LL DO THIS ONE LAST TIME. HOW ABOUT I TELL POP TO BENCH JEFFERSON WHEN MANU COMES BACK AND YOU CONTINUE TO START? HOW ABOUT I GET HIM TO START MALCOLM THOMAS AS WELL? OK, READY? 3...2..1..

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/04/07/11/1077848/3/628x471.jpg

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

LakerHater
01-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Jesse Blanchard:

Leave it the Spurs to find the only player in NBA history to show less emotion than Tim Duncan. Hit a three-pointer, made an impressive pass off a spin move to Blair, and was an all around fourth quarter terror without so much as a blink. Maybe Tim can teach him how to make his eyes bigger.

spectator
01-14-2012, 01:54 AM
I see him being a Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace without the craziness down the road.

so you mean twice as good, right?

ivanfromwestwood
01-14-2012, 02:01 AM
what a talented kid. pop finally found the mold he was looking for. he will shape this kid into a force to be reckoned with. congrats Kawhi

tim_duncan_fan
01-14-2012, 02:05 AM
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/04/07/11/1077848/3/628x471.jpg

Photoshopped.

The Btown Spur
01-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Bridge on the River Kawhi was always one of my favorite movies

ace3g
01-14-2012, 02:42 AM
http://s17.postimage.org/qpdss5te5/Kawhismile.gif

Man In Black
01-14-2012, 03:11 AM
I knew him when, saw Kawhi live and watched him play as a Freshman here at Montezuma Mesa and now...He's so much a Spur that I don't miss George Hill and I thought GHill was a great fit. But with the Big 3 in various states of slow decline, this is an infusion of youth that was so spot on. Props to Pop, RC, Holt and the rest of the FO for doing what was unpopular for the betterment of the team and Spurs fans the world over.

:flag:

analyzed
01-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Based on stats ( productivity (pts/reb/ast) : ranked 10th among rookies and efficiency ratings : 7th among rookies) plus the intangibles that don't appear in the box score e.g defense. Kawhi is easily a top 8 rookie and arguably in the top 5. especially if you look at his last 4 games. Based on that I'd have to say it was a steal to get him 15th in the draft. Any clues why he dropped so low? Many originally had him as a lottery pick

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2012, 04:36 AM
his role will be different if he was on a scrub team rebuilding

even though his starting for the spurs, his still not the 1-2-3-4 option on offense...

Спурс_Фан
01-14-2012, 06:11 AM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/wixd1h.jpg

Yes, he can smile...

ChuckD
01-14-2012, 08:41 AM

No, he's actually Gerald Wallace, minus 9 years of NBA mileage.

The player on the Spurs that he reminds me of most is Blair. He just always seems to be in the right place, and has a real nose for the ball. He's a basketball player that loves playing the game.

Harry Callahan
01-14-2012, 09:25 AM
I am looking forward to the Phoenix game being on National TV tomorrow. I missed a couple of KL's stronger games.

This is the type of player we needed going forward as the Spurs transition from the all time great Big 3 to the next group of players.

Kawhi fell to 15 in part to his offensive limitations (shooting motion, range) at the time of the draft. He seems to have been working on these things during the lockout.

The best part of all is that he is one of the youngest players in the NBA. He could be in the league for 15 years with good health.

I really liked George Hill with the Spurs and what he brought as a player, but SA has been able to replace him with the offense of Gary Neal and the special skills of Kawhi to get steals and defend much bigger players.

It is really encouraging to see the Spurs continue to win (at home at least) with Manu having already missed six or seven games.

Danny Green, Blair, Splitter, Neal, and Leonard look to be guys that can be here for a good while. It wasn't that long ago when the Spurs had no young players to build around. That is now changing.

urunobili
01-14-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm just stunned he shows this kind of composure so early on his career. Will he go down as the 3rdnd all time Spur to get over himself so quickly after Duncan and D-Rob?

Darkwaters
01-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Danny Green, Blair, Splitter, Neal, and Leonard look to be guys that can be here for a good while. It wasn't that long ago when the Spurs had no young players to build around. That is now changing.

I think it's funny how James Anderson has been conspicuously missing from these conversations for a while now.

BackHome
01-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah with Manu being out I was hoping that Anderson would start showing us why we drafted him. I know he was behind the eight ball in the fact that his first year he got hurt and no summer camp and then this year no summer camp because of lockout.

I would like to know what he did this summer as far as keeping in shape, playing pick up games? I know that Neal and Leonard were playing ball the whole lockout..

Darkwaters
01-14-2012, 12:11 PM
And Danny Green signed in Europe

TJastal
01-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah with Manu being out I was hoping that Anderson would start showing us why we drafted him. I know he was behind the eight ball in the fact that his first year he got hurt and no summer camp and then this year no summer camp because of lockout.

I would like to know what he did this summer as far as keeping in shape, playing pick up games? I know that Neal and Leonard were playing ball the whole lockout..

I bet he can play a mean game of NBA2k

Harry Callahan
01-14-2012, 12:24 PM
I think it's funny how James Anderson has been conspicuously missing from these conversations for a while now.

I should have mentioned him. He was very effective at the start of last year (pre stress fracture) and got passed by Neal, who came out of nowhere as a small shooting guard.

The Spurs should not give up on Anderson at all. With this compacted schedule, there will likely be a time when he is needed.

He can definitely be part of this. I hope they give him adequate time to develop. The FO, in my view, gave up on Ian Mahimi too soon to save a low seven figure amount on the salary cap. Unfortunately, the light has now turned on to a degree, and he is a rotation player in Dallas. Of course he is also playing for a contract next year. A 10/5 guy on a playoff team is not a bad player.

Anderson can be a rotation player with time as well.

In my opinion, the last #1 pick the Spurs have totally missed on (that signed here and played) is Cory Alexander which goes to show how good a job the Spurs do with their player draft evaluations. That was a long time ago.

We'll see with Anderson and Joseph in the next couple of years. I think it is clear that Leonard is a player.

TJastal
01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
I should have mentioned him. He was very effective at the start of last year (pre stress fracture) and got passed by Neal, who came out of nowhere as a small shooting guard.

The Spurs should not give up on Anderson at all. With this compacted schedule, there will likely be a time when he is needed.

He can definitely be part of this. I hope they give him adequate time to develop. The FO, in my view, gave up on Ian Mahimi too soon to save a low seven figure amount on the salary cap. Unfortunately, the light has now turned on to a degree, and he is a rotation player in Dallas. Of course he is also playing for a contract next year. A 10/5 guy on a playoff team is not a bad player.

Where will the minutes come from? Seriously, Neal fills the role of outside shooter (as does Green). When Manu comes back he'll be Manu. Green has shown he can do pretty much everything Anderson can do (which isn't much) and about 50 other things he can't. That's 3 guys already ahead of him in the rotation at his position (SG). That's not even including any minutes KL gets there.

Where will the minutes come from?

WeNeedLength
01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/98PUJ.gif

manufan10
01-14-2012, 12:44 PM

Awesome!

WeNeedLength
01-14-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm bored so I made another version:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Jollyblue/LEONARDEMOTIONS.jpg

ChuckD
01-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Where will the minutes come from? Seriously, Neal fills the role of outside shooter (as does Green). When Manu comes back he'll be Manu. Green has shown he can do pretty much everything Anderson can do (which isn't much) and about 50 other things he can't. That's 3 guys already ahead of him in the rotation at his position (SG). That's not even including any minutes KL gets there.

You're assuming that all of those players will be 100% healthy for the remainder of the season. This almost no training camp year has shown otherwise.

Manu is still out for more than another month, Neal is playing like crap, and RJ is starting to sputter. Pop is also showing a penchant for running three wing lineups with some combination of RJ, Kawhi, Green, and Anderson. There will be minutes for him for another 4-6 weeks, but James needs to get his head and his ass wired together, and I mean NOW. Otherwise, it could be another lost season for him.

Darkwaters
01-14-2012, 01:29 PM
You're assuming that all of those players will be 100% healthy for the remainder of the season. This almost no training camp year has shown otherwise.

Manu is still out for more than another month, Neal is playing like crap, and RJ is starting to sputter. Pop is also showing a penchant for running three wing lineups with some combination of RJ, Kawhi, Green, and Anderson. There will be minutes for him for another 4-6 weeks, but James needs to get his head and his ass wired together, and I mean NOW. Otherwise, it could be another lost season for him.

Neal is playing like crap: FALSE - Neal is currently learning to play a new position at the highest level and that is why his stats have declined. However, if he were to return to the SG role he would, in all liklihood, be back to his old self.

RJ is starting to sputter: FALSE - While I'm not usually a RJ apologist, I will say that I don't think hes sputtering yet. Hes had an off game or two, but no more so than Danny Green did just a couple of nights ago. His play this year has actually been pretty decent an above average for his par with this team.

Pop is running a three wing lineup: TRUE - However, many of those lineups also included a pairing of Tony Parker and TJ Ford and was before the Spurs signed Malcolm Thomas as depth. Now, Thomas' contributions will likely be slight at best. But the injury bug that has plagued the wings will force Pop to adjust his rotations, and that might mean more bigs and fewer wings.

ChuckD
01-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Neal is playing like crap: FALSE - Neal is currently learning to play a new position at the highest level and that is why his stats have declined. However, if he were to return to the SG role he would, in all liklihood, be back to his old self.

RJ is starting to sputter: FALSE - While I'm not usually a RJ apologist, I will say that I don't think hes sputtering yet. Hes had an off game or two, but no more so than Danny Green did just a couple of nights ago. His play this year has actually been pretty decent an above average for his par with this team.

Pop is running a three wing lineup: TRUE - However, many of those lineups also included a pairing of Tony Parker and TJ Ford and was before the Spurs signed Malcolm Thomas as depth. Now, Thomas' contributions will likely be slight at best. But the injury bug that has plagued the wings will force Pop to adjust his rotations, and that might mean more bigs and fewer wings.

Neal's bread and butter, his jumper, has seemingly deserted him. His defense seems to have gone to the same place as his jumper. His crappy play has nothing to do with his few minutes of PG play. We'll have to disagree with this one.

To me, sputtering means having a few bad games. Stalling is what JA is doing. My definition of sputtering may actually agree with your assessment of a few off games. It still may open a few minutes for JA if RJ isn't bringing it.

Thomas likely will get no minutes at JA's expense, and damn few overall. We disagree on this one, too. I like the kid, but Pop is reluctant to play inexperienced bigs. He'll be a garbage time fan favorite for the rest of the year.

Darkwaters
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Thomas likely will get no minutes at JA's expense, and damn few overall. We disagree on this one, too. I like the kid, but Pop is reluctant to play inexperienced bigs. He'll be a garbage time fan favorite for the rest of the year.

I'm not saying that Thomas will play big minutes, or even any minutes each game. But I am saying that a reduced number of wings will mean that bigmen may end up playing a larger role (ie, less small ball). Those minutes could come from Splitter, Blair or doubtfully but possibly Thomas.

Interrohater
01-14-2012, 03:31 PM

Yes, he can smile...

He's not smiling, you clown, he's about to bite somebody!

shorttotry
01-14-2012, 04:02 PM
But! But, I already started the Leonard fan club! Does this mean I have to convert?!

Спурс_Фан
01-14-2012, 04:11 PM
He's not smiling, you clown, he's about to bite somebody!Yeah, your sisters fat ass... :oink R U blind or just stupid? Watch this video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120113_leonard

sehui
01-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, your sisters fat ass... :oink R U blind or just stupid? Watch this video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120113_leonard

He's just joking you idiot

Libri
01-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Must learn to shoot......everything else is there for him to be a superstar.

Unlike Blair who tried to teach himself, hopefully Leonard hires a shooting coach during the summer.

BoricuaCJA
01-15-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm in! I love hustle and defensive players like him. That's why I became a Spurs fan. He just needs to learn to shoot 3's.

SenorSpur
01-15-2012, 01:43 PM

In my opinion, the last #1 pick the Spurs have totally missed on (that signed here and played) is Cory Alexander which goes to show how good a job the Spurs do with their player draft evaluations. That was a long time ago.

We'll see with Anderson and Joseph in the next couple of years. I think it is clear that Leonard is a player.

Agree very much on Anderson. Agree very much on Ian. Imagine having him as part of this mix of young, up and coming players and having him as part of the frontcourt rotation instead of Bonner?

SenorSpur
01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Praise the Lord, this church is now open! Pass the collection plate.

Harry Callahan
01-16-2012, 12:07 AM

Neal is now hurt - I don't know how seriously. Bonner tweaked something tonight. Ginobili is not back for another month. The games keep coming.

The Spurs may need someone like Anderson this week - some minutes may come this week. This season more than any other teams will need something from all the bench guys.

Will Anderson get a chance? We'll see.

spectator
01-16-2012, 12:12 AM
love kl - energy, hustle and good shooting as of late. if he continues to play 30-35 min/game and cj manages to look decent for 12-15 minutes, the spurs would not be forced to rely on anderson. we have looked well pairing rj with kl on the wings and pop prefers green over anderson at this point - which i cannot argue with.

Harry Callahan
01-16-2012, 12:17 AM
love kl - energy, hustle and good shooting as of late. if he continues to play 30-35 min/game and cj manages to look decent for 12-15 minutes, the spurs would not be forced to rely on anderson. we have looked well pairing rj with kl on the wings and pop prefers green over anderson at this point - which i cannot argue with.

Yes. Green is looking good too. It's a nice problem to have somewhat of a logjam at the SG, SF from the looks of it.

I don't think the Spurs need to bury anybody yet either.

The reason they have a pretty good record right now is the new found depth. Depth will be tested along the way this year.

Mel_13
01-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Not a good sign for Anderson that he didn't get minutes even after Neal went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs decline to pick up his 3rd year option.

sehui
01-16-2012, 12:19 AM
It's awesome to see a Spurs draft pick to pretty much liveup to expectations and the hype within the first 10 games of the season.

Hill was pretty much a no-show during the beginning, Tiago needed about a year to learn the system, James Anderson is still a WIP, Cory Joseph is very raw. Dejuan however was always pretty effective.

Every year, I brag to my friends about the Spurs draft pick - its a nice feeling when the player is actually tearing it up during the beginning.

timtonymanu
01-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Not a good sign for Anderson that he didn't get minutes even after Neal went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs decline to pick up his 3rd year option.

I would hate to see Anderson go so early, but it makes sense right now. Hopefully he turns the corner soon.

DPG21920
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM

Which is surprising considering all the reports on how high they were on him. Not to beat a dead horse, but seeing Pop let these rookies play really makes me wonder how much success Hairston could have had if given a Danny Green type role? I think he could have performed admirably.

spectator
01-16-2012, 12:26 AM

:depressed

Mel_13
01-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Which is surprising considering all the reports on how high they were on him. Not to beat a dead horse, but seeing Pop let these rookies play really makes me wonder how much success Hairston could have had if given a Danny Green type role? I think he could have performed admirably.

I don't spend too much time in the game threads, but I was amused by the complaining about Pop sticking with the young guys as long as he did. After all the years of calling for him to play the young guys, now they complain when he leaves them in too long.

DPG21920
01-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Naturally people get antsy with any type of run, but it's hard to fault them with a line up of CJ/Anderson/Green/Bonner/Tiago :lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2012, 12:32 AM
why you clowns still on high on anderson? dude is a scrub when his shots aint falling, he does nothing else on the court

as for green at least he hustles on defense, same with KL...

GSH
01-16-2012, 12:35 AM
I love the way Kawhi is playing. His shooting leaves something to be desired, but he's still putting up consistent points. How many times have you heard the announcer say, "... and Leonard gets his own rebound, and puts it back."? I'm always envious of other teams that have players who do that on a regular basis. Now we have one.

Sean brought up a freeze-frame of Kawhi shooting, and his left hand was on the front side of the ball. Chip Engellund will help him straighten that out, and he will just get better. Make him a little more accurate shooter, and he will ba an absolute terror.

DPG21920
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
After the preseason, Kawhi has really exceeded my expectations. I still find myself underwhelmed with his athleticism as I mentioned throughout the preseason but he does a lot of really good things.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2012, 12:48 AM
isnt kl avg the same stats as bowen so far...thats good enough...

at least him, green, splitter are playing better then expected...

therealtruth
01-16-2012, 12:52 AM
After the preseason, Kawhi has really exceeded my expectations. I still find myself underwhelmed with his athleticism as I mentioned throughout the preseason but he does a lot of really good things.

I think motor and having a nose for the ball can be more important than athleticism. A athletic player might make a spectacular block and then be lazy getting back on defense or boxing out.

ducks
01-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Kawhi Leonard play should keep him in the starting lineup when manu gets back
limit manu's minutes and keep him fresher makes more since
that is saying kawhi does not hit the wall and keeps playing well

spectator
01-16-2012, 01:01 AM
kawhi leonard - last 5 games

min -- pts -- FG% -- 3FG% -- reb -- blk -- stl -- pf -- ast/to ratio
34.6 --13.2 -- .569 -- .500 -- 6.8 -- .8 -- 1.8 -- 1.0 -- 1.0

spectator
01-16-2012, 01:03 AM
i would agree with pop that the young one is starting to figure out our offense

Spursfan092120
01-16-2012, 01:07 AM
why you clowns still on high on anderson? dude is a scrub when his shots aint falling, he does nothing else on the court

as for green at least he hustles on defense, same with KL...

Agreed...I'm so sick of him missing wide open jumpers. And those 3's we always hit with the extra pass or the dish to the baseline, he seems to be the only one who misses them. Yeah, he's athletic, but so was James White...he doesn't seem to have the shooting touch.

Spursfan092120
01-16-2012, 01:08 AM
After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
PG - Tony
SG - Manu
SF - Leonard
PF - Tim
C - Blair...though it could be Splitter by that time... (hopefully)

RJ off the bench for a spark...hopefully he'll still be going.

spectator
01-16-2012, 01:21 AM
After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
PG - Tony
SG - Manu
SF - Leonard
PF - Tim

i think pop will not break the usual starting lineup. he will probably replace rj for kl very early in the game (4-5 min).

for the record, i really like kawhi. he showed he can guard SGs, SFs and mobile, perimeter oriented PF like odom.

TJastal
01-16-2012, 01:26 AM
i think pop will not break the usual starting lineup. he will probably replace rj for kl very early in the game (4-5 min).

for the record, i really like kawhi. he showed he can guard SGs, SFs and mobile, perimeter oriented PF like odom.

This. Given Pop's track record last year where he would hardly let Splitter see the floor I seriously doubt KL will stay in the starting lineup.

But you never know what poppycock is brewing up in his head...

BoricuaCJA
01-16-2012, 01:35 AM
After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
PG - Tony
SG - Manu
SF - Leonard
PF - Tim

I'm thinking Manu may come off the bench. I think RJ should be starting, I just don't think he is gonna be good coming off the bench. I feel his confidence might take a hit if he is put on the bench. Even against 2nd stringers, I think he'll be very passive like he is right now and him maybe being the #1 option offensively from the bench won't work well with his skillset imo.

Sean Cagney
01-16-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm thinking Manu may come off the bench. I think RJ should be starting, I just don't think he is gonna be good coming off the bench. I feel his confidence might take a hit if he is put on the bench. Even against 2nd stringers, I think he'll be very passive like he is right now and him maybe being the #1 option offensively from the bench won't work well with his skillset imo.

LOL in that case we are working with the soft minded punk we worked with for a few years now man lol, good lord he is such a mental f in midget! RJ is so damn soft, I miss Bowen out there spite his O at times.

mystargtr34
01-16-2012, 02:00 AM
People are too quick to shit on JA.. he is just lacking some confidence atm.. this is pretty much his rookie season so ill give him a bit more time.

BoricuaCJA
01-16-2012, 02:21 AM
LOL in that case we are working with the soft minded punk we worked with for a few years now man lol, good lord he is such a mental f in midget! RJ is so damn soft, I miss Bowen out there spite his O at times.
Everyone of us misses Bowen. We won't ever get someone like him again. He is one of the best perimeter defenders ever imo. He pretty much does everything that RJ does this year on offense but wayyy more on Defense.

People are too quick to shit on JA.. he is just lacking some confidence atm.. this is pretty much his rookie season so ill give him a bit more time.
I'll give him a little more time too. Not long ago, everyone of the Spur players were praising him during the short training camp, saying he will be the surprise of the season. He has surprised us so far, surprised us of sucking tremendously. He can't hit any shot, not even wide open ones. He has been a big disappointment but I still believe he will turn it around(I think Pop has already lost any confidence in him this season).

TJastal
01-16-2012, 02:30 AM

He lacks alot more than confidence. His one dimension and bread and butter is even suspect at the nba level. Green has shown much more versatility to his skillset and there is literally no way even a confident Anderson is going to move past him in the depth chart at this point.

But all hope is not lost. The way Gary Neal is playing atm however he may just have a shot at sticking on the roster.

Harry Callahan
01-16-2012, 08:35 AM

The dumbest thing the FO could do is not pick up a 3rd year option on Anderson when they already signed him to a somewhat below market rookie contract in the first place.

This team is still not good enough with the young players to jettison someone who still might turn into something.

Before his injury last year (1st month of the season) he was doing a really good job and playing well.

He had a serious injury. A stress fracture is not an easy thing to get over. The lockout prevented him from being in contact with the training staff.

Getting rid of this guy before you have to is not a good idea - especially when he is on a fairly modest rookie contract.

If the FO had been honest, they would admit they made a mistake getting rid of Mahimi a year too soon.

I bet Cleveland wishes it held on to Danny Green for another year.

The FO has time to be sure that Anderson is or is not a player if they see his rookie deal through without spending a fortune.

TJastal
01-16-2012, 10:04 AM
The dumbest thing the FO could do is not pick up a 3rd year option on Anderson when they already signed him to a somewhat below market rookie contract in the first place.

This team is still not good enough with the young players to jettison someone who still might turn into something.

Before his injury last year (1st month of the season) he was doing a really good job and playing well.

He had a serious injury. A stress fracture is not an easy thing to get over. The lockout prevented him from being in contact with the training staff.

Getting rid of this guy before you have to is not a good idea - especially when he is on a fairly modest rookie contract.

If the FO had been honest, they would admit they made a mistake getting rid of Mahimi a year too soon.

The FO has time to be sure that Anderson is or is not a player if they see his rookie deal through without spending a fortune.

I totally agree with you, Mahinmi is a nice super-cheap insurance big to have on the roster in case we need some size on the frontline (in case either Blair or Bonner ain't workin).

Oh wait, you're talking about the deepest position on the team, SG. Never mind.

Muser
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
This is the first guy the Spurs have signed in the past few years who i've really got excited about, I wanted Gerald Wallace on the Spurs since his Charlotte days but this guy is like a clone.

LakerHater
01-16-2012, 02:12 PM

Yes, he can smile...

http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/leonardsmli.gif

SenorSpur
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Bingo and Amen to all of this! :toast

cheguevara
01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
El Che is a devoted believer

Libri
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
http://theshowsdsu.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/human-avatar1.jpg

Mal
01-17-2012, 08:29 PM
I`m in. Playin great D on LBJ

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2012, 10:05 PM
I`m in. Playin great D on LBJ

3rd quarter says otherwise, most of his points were either open from KL givin him too much ground to play with, or in KLs grills

Hoops Czar
01-17-2012, 10:11 PM
3rd quarter says otherwise, most of his points were either open from KL givin him too much ground to play with, or in KLs grills

And you call that good defense?

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
And you call that good defense?

which part of my answer said he played good defense on lebron? he got beatened out there by giving him to much ground

Mal
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM

Its freakin LeBron James vs 19yrs old rookie. 1st half was a good sign from Kawhi.

Second half was ...,yy ...eee well. If LeBron starts making his shots, nobody can stop him.

Spurs were out played, and 19yrs old rookie with his defensive abilities could help them.

But I can tell you, he`s got talent. Great pick up in draft.

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Its freakin LeBron James vs 19yrs old rookie. 1st half was a good sign from Kawhi.

Second half was ...,yy ...eee well. If LeBron starts making his shots, nobody can stop him.

Spurs were out played, and 19yrs old rookie with his defensive abilities could help them.

But I can tell you, he`s got talent. Great pick up in draft.

his been playin like this all season, he only beats his man from his long wingspan catchin them from behind with the reach in...but thats not an effective way to play defense...

DAF86
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
PG - Tony
SG - Manu
SF - Leonard
PF - Tim

I'm starting to warm to the idea of a shortened rotation for the playoffs consisting of:

Starting 5: TP, Manu, Leonard, Duncan, Splitter (our best defensive unit)

And a bench of three players: Ford or Neal (whoever is playing better), RJ or Green (ditto), Bonner or Blair (the same).

Never have TP and Manu on the bench at the same time, and the same with Duncan and Splitter.

MannyIsGod
01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Leonard was my favorite part of tonight. Not that there were many bright spots to choose from.

timtonymanu
01-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah despite that overall very disappointing game, Leonard still continues to impress.

Hoops Czar
01-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Leonard was my favorite part of tonight. Not that there were many bright spots to choose from.

Must have been a power outage during the second half where you live. Green was better.

Indazone
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Kid is a stud!

SenorSpur
01-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Leonard is definitely rewarding the Spurs faith for trading up to get him in the draft.

TJastal
01-18-2012, 01:03 AM

You don't say..

Borosai
01-18-2012, 01:38 AM
What he saw out there tonight will only make him a better player. Yay.

Ice009
01-18-2012, 02:02 AM
It should be good for Kawhi, now he can start working on what he needs to do. Lebron was really, really hot, can't get too much hotter than that, so it's a good learning experience for Kawhi.

ace3g
01-18-2012, 05:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406529_10150521074958463_8245623462_8968638_138593 9333_n.jpg

#7 http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?cid=nba_12_facebook_L

lol the title of the vid "Bonner's sweet assist"

ace3g
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
More on the story of Kawhi from Spurs.com: http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120119_leonard

TJastal
01-19-2012, 03:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406529_10150521074958463_8245623462_8968638_138593 9333_n.jpg

#7 http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?cid=nba_12_facebook_L

lol the title of the vid "Bonner's sweet assist"

title should be "Bonner's telegraphed pass past sleeping bucks' defender" ... seriously a 2nd grader could have made that pass.

Spur|n|Austin
03-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Just stopped by to light a candle and give praise to KL.

Hooks
03-17-2012, 02:37 AM
So, is he going to be starting from here till the end of the season or will jax?

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Not that I wanna act like Rapper or something, but how Kawhi's dunk over Ibaka didn't make the NBA top 10 from last night is kinda puzzling.

Spur|n|Austin
03-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Not that I wanna act like Rapper or something, but how Kawhi's dunk over Ibaka didn't make the NBA top 10 from last night is kinda puzzling.

My dog barked at me and my girl jumped when I screamed at the awesomeness of that dunk. The first thing I said was, "that's definitely going be a top 10 tonight!"

Who cares if it's not, I'm just happy to witness the growth of KL.

Manu-of-steel
03-17-2012, 03:28 AM

That was an awesome dunk by KL. The problem is that the NBA expect Ibaka to block all shots. Ibaka was Mozgoved tonight by KL. I think it should have been an and one situation.

Wildcat67
03-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Kawhi's dunk was #2 on Sportscenter top 10 plays.

Libri
03-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Leonard with 19 points and 9 rebounds against the Kings. :ihit :downspin:

spectator
03-28-2012, 11:26 PM
it's in session

Darkwaters
03-28-2012, 11:38 PM
http://blainefaircloth.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/praise_worship.jpg

100%duncan
03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Kawhibunga!

AztecSpur
03-29-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm proud to be an Aztec Alumni who grew up on Aztec BB as a kid and proud that KL is now a badass AztecSpur graduate.

Watch out next year for Winston Shepard !! Hope he also becomes an AztecSpur.

myk13
03-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm proud to be an Aztec Alumni who grew up on Aztec BB as a kid and proud that KL is now a badass AztecSpur graduate.

Watch out next year for Winston Shepard !! Hope he also becomes an AztecSpur.

Same here! I wouldn't be mad if they took Jamaal either :lol

AztecSpur
03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Same here! I wouldn't be mad if they took Jamaal either :lol

Did you see Jamaal let Leslie of NC State drive right through him in the big dance. He just stepped to the side whenever his man drove to the basket. I don't think POP would ever draft Jamaal. He shoots better than Kawhi, but I just don't believe his rebounding or defensive skills match Kawhi. I could be wrong, it would be interesting.

myk13
03-29-2012, 08:44 PM
How many people own his jersey?

I have a San Diego State Jersey of his

Did you see Jamaal let Leslie of NC State drive right through him in the big dance. He just stepped to the side whenever his man drove to the basket. I don't think POP would ever draft Jamaal. He shoots better than Kawhi, but I just don't believe his rebounding or defensive skills match Kawhi. I could be wrong, it would be interesting.

Yes but A) He was in foul trouble and B) I don't think he'd be covering someone like Leslie at the next level if he makes it. Jamaal is a 6'5 G, Leslie is a 6'9 F

will_spurs
03-31-2012, 10:50 AM
From http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/03/30/leonard-recalls-short-time-with-pacers/

In March, the 6-foot-7 Leonard is contributing 11.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.

Damn nice! :hat :clap

ace3g
01-06-2013, 01:24 AM
found this cool vid while looking for a better clip to use in the gif thread of his dunk vs bucks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_S4hwBGSDY

look_at_g_shred
01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
found this cool vid while looking for a better clip to use in the gif thread of his dunk vs bucks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_S4hwBGSDY

nice!

Chinook
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
And we're back.

thOOdee
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
the FUTURE..... that is all

Floyd Pacquiao
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::wor thy:

Wildcat67
02-13-2013, 09:26 PM
He's always been clutch.

As far as clutch ability

Kawhi>>>>>Kobe

Brunodf
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
:clap:clap

Budkin
If it were the 80s you would call him Bad.

SpurPadre
Can't y'all understand? Kawhi is the motherfuckin' man! Please more shots from Kawhi and less from that motherCHUCKER Neal.

superbigtime
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Kawhi is fuckin awesome !!!! Another terrific post game interview too. Kawhi is a badass!

EricB
02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
13 10 and four blocks

He's more and more playing like a young Sean Elliott.

capek
02-13-2013, 09:33 PM
So in love! :cheer

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
What a bad-ass. Also the future of the Spurs organization.

racm
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
First 26 points against Chicago

Then this stat line against Cleveland: 13 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 4 blocks, and the game winning 3. :wow

racm
02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
13 10 and four blocks

KL's rookie PER = 17.1
Sean's highest career PER = 16.3

:hat

Chinook
02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Waiters scored on him on Cleveland's penultimate possession, but before that, Leonard had two blocks in a row giving the Spurs chances to take the lead which they fumbled was until Kawhi decided to do it himself.

spurraider21
02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
:worthy:

Chinook
02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
*Tries to pretend like he didn't just accidentally quote himself*

Yeah, so, um, Leonard is awesome...

itzsoweezee
02-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Kawhi is probably my new favorite player on this team. The guy just does it all.

SpurPadre
02-13-2013, 09:39 PM
13 10 and four blocks

I love Sean but I don't think he ever had a game where he had 4 blocks. Kawhi is starting to make good on the earlier Shawn Marion comparisons, except he's not a pussy like "Maid" Marion.

Manu-20
02-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Great game by Kawhi you could tell he wanted to shoot the game winner.

look_at_g_shred
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Good bump.

SpurPadre
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Kawhi is probably my new favorite player on this team. The guy just does it all.

George Hill, who?! Oh, you must mean Bob Hill, the guy Pop shitcanned and showed everybody what a REAL HOF coach looks like!

2centsworth
02-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I love Kawhi, but his D isn't as good as Sean. Sean was one of the most underrated defenders ever. He could guard Rasheed Wallace and then guard Kevin Johnson the next night. Guy was unbelievable defensively.

HI-FI
02-13-2013, 09:48 PM
:cheer I love this guy. Soon as he joined the Spurs, you could sense a new hope. the ultimate X factor.:danceclub

LoneStarState'sPride
02-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I have long been a sinner--holding the circumstances under which George Hill departed against our Savior. Tonight I recant and repent. I have been saved.

crc21209
02-13-2013, 09:53 PM
CLUTCH play by Kawhi tonight! :toast

Interrohater
02-13-2013, 09:55 PM
I missed the game :( Anybody going to post a replay?

Dex
02-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I missed the game :( Anybody going to post a replay?

http://www.nba.com/video/games/cavaliers/2013/02/13/0021200776-sas-cle-play3.nba

ace3g
02-13-2013, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i941W8YdvRM

Dex
02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Not only did he have the game-winning shot, but he locked down on defense and blocked 2-3 shots in the final minutes to keep the Spurs in the position for the game-winner.

Great night by Kawhi.

hater
02-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Kawhi FiveO bitches

OVY15CHD6FQ

Samr.
02-13-2013, 10:52 PM
All credit to KL and Parker, but I don't understand how the cavs missed that. KL bolted straight for the corner, and they just left him. Clutch shot to be sure, but epic fail on defense.

ace3g
02-13-2013, 10:56 PM
http://binaryapi.ap.org/01b85ee160e1419a8695930acb1addce/940x.jpg

racm
02-13-2013, 10:59 PM
All credit to KL and Parker, but I don't understand how the cavs missed that. KL bolted straight for the corner, and they just left him. Clutch shot to be sure, but epic fail on defense.

They overhelped on TP's penetration because if they attempted to cover him one on one he'd likely make a layup or secure an and-1.

Spursfan092120
02-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Kawhi is the future...Spurs have GOT to hold on to this guy..

TampaDude
02-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Kawhi is the future...Spurs have GOT to hold on to this guy..

^ truth

Dex
02-14-2013, 12:10 AM
http://binaryapi.ap.org/01b85ee160e1419a8695930acb1addce/940x.jpg

:lol The poor kid on the bottom left corner.

Must be terrible to be a Cavs fan.

JB91
02-14-2013, 12:30 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/teamphotos/nba/20130213/APTOPIX_Spurs_Cavaliers_Basketball_146492_game.jpg

polandprzem
02-14-2013, 12:40 AM
simple shot

why the excitement?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Kawhi had a choppy first few months to this season on the offensive end, but with the rash of injuries he's been given a chance to shine and man, is he ever brilliant! Shining like the Sun! :D

Of course, his D was never in question, that is second nature to him.

I predicted last year that he'd be an All-Star in his 4th season, and I think he's on track for that, 5th at the outside.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-14-2013, 01:13 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/teamphotos/nba/20130213/APTOPIX_Spurs_Cavaliers_Basketball_146492_game.jpg

Showboat. No place for this shit right here :nope

spurraider21
02-14-2013, 01:14 AM

Pop sees picture

Traded for cash considerations

Old School 44
02-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Kawhi had a choppy first few months to this season on the offensive end, but with the rash of injuries he's been given a chance to shine and man, is he ever brilliant! Shining like the Sun! :D

Of course, his D was never in question, that is second nature to him.

I predicted last year that he'd be an All-Star in his 4th season, and I think he's on track for that, 5th at the outside.

I agree 100%. I can't believe some people on this board only see a "solid role player" or "defensive specialist" as Kawhi's ceiling.

Juggity
02-14-2013, 09:57 AM

:cry unclassy :cry

Interrohater
02-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Pop sees picture

Traded for cash considerations

this, I lol'd

txstr1986
02-15-2013, 11:24 AM
I love this pic of Kawhi from the NBA's Rising Stars facebook album. He looks so calm and mature compared to everyone else. Also, I love Chandler Parsons' game, but his picture looks creepy...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151380953053463.479213.8245623462&type=1

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/555960_10151380953488463_48823190_n.jpg

Darius McCrary
02-15-2013, 01:18 PM
What's the over/under on times the announcers will refer to Kawhi as a "defensive stopper" tonight?

chapnis
02-15-2013, 06:00 PM
What's the over/under on times the announcers will refer to Kawhi as a "defensive stopper" tonight?

I wonder if he will loosen up a bit and throw down some big dunks. Part of me hopes he does, but the other part of me wants him to play how he normally does...

SpurSpurSpurs
02-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Watching this kids Rising Star video right now. Love the way he said he doesn't want to hang out or talk to other vets in the NBA, that he came out just for himself.

chapnis
02-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Watching this kids Rising Star video right now. Love the way he said he doesn't want to hang out or talk to other vets in the NBA, that he came out just for himself.

Yeah, I'm sure most other players would be wanting to hang with all the superstars but he just doesn't seem to give a shit haha.

Spur|n|Austin
02-16-2013, 03:01 AM
To say, Kawhi was on the up and up would almost be an understatement.

racm
02-16-2013, 03:12 AM
That pic... Seems like while the other Rising Stars are looking at going for an All-Star nod, the kid is going for his Finals MVP nod. :lol

will_spurs
02-16-2013, 09:36 AM
They overhelped on TP's penetration because if they attempted to cover him one on one he'd likely make a layup or secure an and-1.

Yup, 3 guys on TP and Kawhi is left all alone in the corner... textbook play.

buttsR4rebounding
02-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Kawhi FiveO bitches

[youtube]

The best thing about this shot besides him making it is that once the ball goes through the hoop there is no celebration until the time out is called by any Spurs player. They all turn and start running back on defense. How many times do you see a guy bury a big shot and start celebrating with time left on the clock and get burned. All business!

hooperflash
02-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Kawhi's Rising Stars Performance Recap and Grade:

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/64503_601113673236870_88605166_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/11346_601113923236845_578023438_n.jpg

look_at_g_shred
02-18-2013, 04:14 PM
I hope KL continues his onslaught the second half of the season!!

spurraider21
02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
that Chicago game has done Kawhi wonders

ace3g
02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
http://is.gd/iAuKnw

Chinook
02-18-2013, 05:14 PM

That's glorious. :lol

I love that Leonard is not into the typical NBA shenanigans, but I hope he's not too apathetic to do HEB commercials.

ace3g
02-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Kawhi would be perfect for HEB commercials, just have to find some dry humor for him to deliver; like Pop vs Kawhi vs Duncan in a poker match or something like that.

Chinook
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
A season-long series: What makes Kawhi smile?

Spur|n|Austin
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

He's a robot! Oh and Ace, I would pitch that idea to the HEB creative department!

ace3g
02-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Or make fun of the whole Tommy Lee Jones "grumpy" face thing with different Spurs players trying to make Kawhi laugh with stand up routines.

ace3g
02-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Arnold was just doing his "Kawhi" in T2:

http://img4.joyreactor.com/pics/post/gif-terminator-smile-392394.gif

Chinook
02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
I do wonder how long it's going to be until other Spurs make it back into those commercials. Bowen and Barry were great in their appearances.

HI-FI
02-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Or make fun of the whole Tommy Lee Jones "grumpy" face thing with different Spurs players trying to make Kawhi laugh with stand up routines.
TLJ does live in SA, wonder if he's been giving him tips.

that gif of him, Rubio and Faried is hilarious though. I love Kawhi, but he makes TD look like Robin Williams. He strikes me as a very guarded and determined individual, which I think is great as a competitor. I do hope in time he can relax more, perhaps as he becomes more comfortable with the team.

Chinook
03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Back in session per request from baseline bum

HI-FI
03-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Back in session per request from baseline bum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=131)

I think CoM is about to give him a stroke, but least CoK has been delivering the sermons and truth bombs all season tbh.

baseline bum
03-22-2013, 10:06 PM
LOL CoM Mexicans getting beaten down by the CoK tonight.

03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
really needs to take over as the third option. probably too late this season though...

TheGoldStandard
03-22-2013, 10:26 PM
I want to know what makes Kawhi laugh.

look_at_g_shred
03-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Feelin a big game for Leonard tonight.

wtgspurs
03-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Kawhi seems to be in his own world...maybe if he finds a girlfriend or something that oughta lift his spirit much higher :downspin:

ace3g
04-04-2013, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOFyCc0k_hI

loveforthegame
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Like that. Thanks. :tu

chapnis
04-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Kawhi seems to be in his own world...maybe if he finds a girlfriend or something that oughta lift his spirit much higher :downspin:

NO! He can't be distracted.

ace3g
07-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Found this online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nYjhZ33Fqvc

SpurAddict561
07-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Kawhi has quickly become my top 3 fav players.

I can't wait to see how we utilize him going forward into this season.

hooperflash
07-29-2013, 01:52 PM
http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/52504112f86411e2901622000a1fa7fb_7.jpg

rick1991
07-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Found this online

Kawhi will be a All-Star this year!

TrueSpursFan
07-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Chills....that is all

DesignatedT
07-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Sick video. Need more.

wildchild
07-29-2013, 02:40 PM
http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/52504112f86411e2901622000a1fa7fb_7.jpg

Spurs BSK Camps? 29-Aug 2 Leonard's days with the kids

Chinook
07-29-2013, 03:36 PM
He needs to play in the post more. As opposed to trying to get better perimeter skills, I think he should focus on strengthening his post moves. With the trend to small-ball, he will be playing the four a lot. I think he can be extremely effective there the way James and Anthony are.

ace3g
07-29-2013, 03:55 PM
He needs to play in the post more. As opposed to trying to get better perimeter skills, I think he should focus on strengthening his post moves. With the trend to small-ball, he will be playing the four a lot. I think he can be extremely effective there the way James and Anthony are.

To go along with that, it will be interesting to see what type of plays Pop designs for Kawhi next season (Pop mentioned they will finally run plays for him next year). He has a good corner 3, midrange game is good, can make cuts, post up, etc. Lots of possibilities in the playbook.

Chinook
07-29-2013, 05:24 PM
To go along with that, it will be interesting to see what type of plays Pop designs for Kawhi next season (Pop mentioned they will finally run plays for him next year). He has a good corner 3, midrange game is good, can make cuts, post up, etc. Lots of possibilities in the playbook.

I'd love to see him be the roll man in the PnR. He's a decent finisher, and his mid-range game makes him a good popper. The same way that the Thunder run Durant/Westbrook and the Heat run James/Wade PnRs, Parker/Leonard or Green/Leonard PnRs could be a great way to force some bad matchups.

Then you can also have Leonard as the handler on the PnR, which can force some good switches if the Spurs are playing small.

RD2191
07-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Man, I fucking miss Spurs basketball. When does the season start? Lol

GB20
07-29-2013, 05:54 PM
leonard is a really special player because since bruce bowen left our team, we could not pass second round. now that we got kawhi leonard we have gone deep in the playoff the last two years.

Dverde
07-29-2013, 06:04 PM
leonard is a really special player because since bruce bowen left our team, we could not pass second round. now that we got kawhi leonard we have gone deep in the playoff the last two years.Also not having RJ soak up 30 mpg helps.

Bill_Brasky
07-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Found this online

April can't get here soon enough.

exstatic
07-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Ridiculous body control, athleticism and work ethic = STAR.

therealtruth
07-29-2013, 10:17 PM
leonard is a really special player because since bruce bowen left our team, we could not pass second round. now that we got kawhi leonard we have gone deep in the playoff the last two years.

Wish he would have came in '09. We could have skipped the RJ years.

Libri
07-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Nice video.

TheRemix
07-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Kawhi is the goat:worthy:

hooperflash
09-05-2013, 07:03 PM
https://sphotos-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1170715_10151761550568463_1420734880_n.jpg

Chinook
09-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Jeff Green has been in the league too damned long to talk about him making the leap.

xellos88330
09-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Harrison Barnes. He can jump pretty damn high.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 07:57 PM

:rollin nice. but tbh barnes is heading to the bench with iggy/klay at the 1-2 and Lee healthy at the 4, so its hard for me to see him taking the "big leap." Jeff Green might make the biggest statistical leap since that Boston roster is pretty empty. Still, I think Leonard/Butler are the 2 to keep an eye on from that list

xellos88330
09-06-2013, 01:05 AM
:rollin nice. but tbh barnes is heading to the bench with iggy/klay at the 1-2 and Lee healthy at the 4, so its hard for me to see him taking the "big leap." Jeff Green might make the biggest statistical leap since that Boston roster is pretty empty. Still, I think Leonard/Butler are the 2 to keep an eye on from that list

Completely agree if you are talking about team contributions. But Barnes has my money for leaping ability.

exstatic
09-06-2013, 06:33 AM

:lol ISWYDT