PDA

View Full Version : Did we just....

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:06 PM
...ruin another clutch pure shooter by making him play point? Wtf Pop?

Bender
01-13-2012, 11:07 PM
he sucks at PG that's for sure...

TimmehC
01-13-2012, 11:07 PM
In fairness, he was being guarded by Gerald Wallace.

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Now we know....never remove an appendix if you're on fire.

William Hung
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing, RMJ all over again :rollin

Manu20
01-13-2012, 11:19 PM
To me it seems he just does not have his legs yet......

manufan10
01-13-2012, 11:21 PM
To me it seems he just does not have his legs yet......

Yup. He's way behind compared to everyone else conditioning wise. It will take some time. Hopefully Corey Joseph will start to impress so he can get some of those backup PG minutes.

Darkwaters
01-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Yup. He's way behind compared to everyone else conditioning wise. It will take some time. Hopefully Corey Joseph will start to impress so he can get some of those backup PG minutes.

I would love nothing more than for the light bulb to come on for Corey Joseph and him be able to give us 10 mins a night as the back-up PG. I just don't think it happens this season.

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Yea, all kidding aside, I agree with that. All of his shots are short. He's still cold, he just needs some run. I hope.

manufan10
01-13-2012, 11:26 PM
I would love nothing more than for the light bulb to come on for Corey Joseph and him be able to give us 10 mins a night as the back-up PG. I just don't think it happens this season.

We should all go to the Church of Kawhi and light some freaking candles. :lol

benefactor
01-13-2012, 11:27 PM
You guys really need to quit. Mason and Neal are NOT the same. With no camp and the surgery it's going to take some time.

And Pop did not ruin Mason. Mason is a weak minded pussy. That is all.

timtonymanu
01-13-2012, 11:28 PM
You guys really need to quit. Mason and Neal are NOT the same. With no camp and the surgery it's going to take some time.

And Pop did not ruin Mason. Mason is a weak minded pussy. That is all.

Muthafuckin this.

The Neal-Mason comparisons are getting old. Neal will always have the balls to hit a clutch shot. Mason's a butthurt pussy who complains about playing time.

Manu20
01-13-2012, 11:30 PM
We should all go to the Church of Kawhi and light some freaking candles. :lol

COK its out of candles as Malcolm Thomas followers have taken them all!!

Bruno
01-13-2012, 11:33 PM
The theory that Pop ruined Mason by playing him at PG is just plain wrong.

First, Mason started to suck before he played some PG. He was awful the whole month before playing the point.
Second, Mason sucked last year with Knicks and sucks this year with Washington.

So to buy the Pop ruined Mason theory, you also need to buy:
- The reason why Mason sucked before playing PG was that he had the intuition that he would play PG in a the future.
- The reason why Mason still sucks now is that he has been so traumatized by playing PG a couple of months that he hasn't recovered from it almost 2 years after it.

But yeah, keep repeating that Pop ruined Mason. It makes so much sense...

benefactor
01-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Bruno...goods...tbh...fwiw......

BackHome
01-13-2012, 11:41 PM
you guys really need to quit. Mason and neal are not the same. With no camp and the surgery it's going to take some time.

And pop did not ruin mason. Mason is a weak minded pussy. That is all.

+1

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh god, get over yourself, I was making a joke. I'm not so naive as to believe that every player is the same, like a manufactured cutout waiting to be coached and led either astray or to stardom. What is this, congress?

MaNu4Tres
01-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Bruno/Bene pwning noobs... tbh

Interrohater
01-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Interrohater rolling eyes, tbqh.

TJastal
01-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Muthafuckin this.

The Neal-Mason comparisons are getting old. Neal will always have the balls to hit a clutch shot. Mason's a butthurt pussy who complains about playing time.

Mason hit plenty of clutch shots in the first year of his spurs career. He was great .. for awhile until Pop started tinkering with his minutes and making him play unfamiliar positions.

The verdict is still out on whether Neal will continue his clutch shooting.
The comparison is valid, IMO until Neal can prove he's immune to Pop's fascination with tinkering with players' minds and constant meddling.

William Hung
01-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Mason hit plenty of clutch shots in the first year of his spurs career. He was great .. for awhile until Pop started tinkering with his minutes and making him play unfamiliar positions.

The comparison is valid, IMO until Neal can prove he's immune to Pop's fascination with tinkering with players' minds and constant meddling.

:tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Mason-Neal aside, Neal is great at creating his shot but clearly NOT a PG, and trying to make him one is counter-productive. Let him stick to what he does best.

gospursgojas
01-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Neal can neal with it...Mason couldnt and used it as an excuse

TJastal
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Neal can neal with it...Mason couldnt and used it as an excuse

So far this year he's balancing on one knee...

jjktkk
01-14-2012, 01:56 AM

Thank you for allowing yourself to get shit on in this thread. Pop is forced to play Neal at the point, due to Ginoboli and Ford's injuries. Lol tinkering.

TJastal
01-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Thank you for allowing yourself to get shit on in this thread. Pop is forced to play Neal at the point, due to Ginoboli and Ford's injuries. Lol tinkering.

Pop has other options still. Joseph is still on the roster and available last time I checked. Wouldn't be optimal but still better than ruining a guy's confidence that is/was a key part of the team. I think its pretty obvious now that Neal flat out sucks at point guard. All I can say is thank god Pop at least wised up and had the good sense to bring in TJ Ford and not go with his initial idea of relying on Neal to back up Parker like Manu4tres and other fools (like you probably) were all excited about.

jjktkk
01-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Pop has other options still. Joseph is still on the roster and available last time I checked. Wouldn't be optimal but still better than ruining a guy's confidence that is/was a key part of the team. I think its pretty obvious now that Neal flat out sucks at point guard. All I can say is thank god Pop at least wised up and had the good sense to bring in TJ Ford and not go with his initial idea of relying on Neal to back up Parker like Manu4tres and other fools (like you probably) were all excited about.

Joesph was just called up Einstein. Good to see your in mid season form. :toast

TJastal
01-14-2012, 02:30 AM

Well good to know.. Pop learned his lesson finally.

InK
01-14-2012, 08:18 AM
- The reason why Mason sucked before playing PG was that he had the intuition that he would play PG in a the future.
- The reason why Mason still sucks now is that he has been so traumatized by playing PG a couple of months that he hasn't recovered from it almost 2 years after it.

Anonymous Cowherd
01-14-2012, 08:22 AM
evil Pop getting TJ injured

ChumpDumper
01-14-2012, 01:05 PM

Well good to know.. Pop learned his lesson finally.So you didn't actually watch the game. :lol

SenorSpur
01-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Pop needs to let Neal do what he does best - shoot. Forget cluttering is mind and saddling him with backup PG duties. I disagree with those who claim Pop has no choice. He does have a choice - allow Cory Joseph to learn on the job. After all, that's why he was drafted. Joseph has got more PG instincts in his little finger than Neal has in his entire body. That's no knock on Neal. He's just not cut out to be a PG.

Pop needs to kill the project and stop overthinking shit. Let Neal go back to doing what he does best. As for the backup PG duties, play the rook and live with the results.

will_spurs
01-14-2012, 01:21 PM
I wonder what Joseph has done not to even get backup minutes at point with Ford injured and Neal sucking real bad.

There are 2 issues with rookie PG:
- too many turnovers. Joseph has only one TO so far this season, in 24 minutes. In the same amount of time Neal managed to get 4 in the last game only.
- not creating enough on offense. Joseph has 4 assists in 24 minutes, which certainly isn't great, but seems serviceable (especially combined with low TOs).

There should be a way to play Joseph at point for ~10 minutes and not completely ruin the Spurs chances to win a game...

TJastal
01-16-2012, 02:24 AM
I wonder what Joseph has done not to even get backup minutes at point with Ford injured and Neal sucking real bad.

- too many turnovers. Joseph has only one TO so far this season, in 24 minutes. In the same amount of time Neal managed to get 4 in the last game only.
- not creating enough on offense. Joseph has 4 assists in 24 minutes, which certainly isn't great, but seems serviceable (especially combined with low TOs).

There should be a way to play Joseph at point for ~10 minutes and not completely ruin the Spurs chances to win a game...

That's just Pop for ya. When push comes to shove he doesn't show confidence in his young players very often. Recall when he wouldn't let George Hill play the point either in the playoffs when Parker was hurt. Even though he had been doing it for a large chunk of the season and doing spendidly. So instead we got to witness the Roger Mason Jr fiasco.

DMC
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Neal at PG means no ball movement. If Neal would actually play the PG like a 1 and not a 2, others would get involved. He's forcing his offense and when they don't go, his mentality is to keep shooting. That keeps him on the bench because Pop needs a PG to play the 1, not the 2.

Doesn't he get any practice shots in? Does he airball them?

It will turn around, and we have little choice in the matter, but Neal is much better than he's been this season. He didn't RMJ into the season last year, he's been playing that way for years overseas.

DMC
01-16-2012, 02:32 AM
That's just Pop for ya. When push comes to shove he doesn't show confidence in his young players very often. Recall when he wouldn't let George Hill play the point either in the playoffs when Parker was hurt. Even though he had been doing it for a large chunk of the season and doing spendidly. So instead we got to witness the Roger Mason Jr fiasco.
Hill sucked at the point. He comes down the court sideways like a crab and he drives into the corner and turns the ball over. He has piss poor court vision. RMJ was at least as good as Hill, and I would rather Hill get an open look from the corner than bring the ball up the court.

DMC
01-16-2012, 02:34 AM

You cannot necessarily see all the turnovers a player is responsible for by his stats. If he dribbles the shot clock down and passes, the next guy could have a shot clock violation. He could pass into a double team and that leads to a turnover. He could do a lot of things that lead to turnovers.

CJ doesn't seem to be NBA ready to me. He's ok, but you gotta get Neal minutes some how, he's not going to magically get better if you don't.

TJastal
01-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Hill sucked at the point. He comes down the court sideways like a crab and he drives into the corner and turns the ball over. He has piss poor court vision. RMJ was at least as good as Hill, and I would rather Hill get an open look from the corner than bring the ball up the court.

So apparently I just imagined all those games Hill started and ran the point and the spurs winning % was something along the lines of 80%+?

When he was asked to run the point he did a good job at it IMO. Despite not getting alot of opportunites.

In retrospect, RMJ was a complete disaster as a point guard.

Mel_13
01-16-2012, 10:56 AM
So apparently I just imagined all those games Hill started and ran the point and the spurs winning % was something along the lines of 80%+?

That's one explanation. You could have just made it up. Maybe you're trolling. I really don't know where you got the 80% figure, but it's not even close to the truth. The actual facts are available, you just have to be interested enough to check...

cheguevara
01-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Hill sucked as PG

Agloco
01-16-2012, 11:25 AM
TJ still going strong I see.......

ChumpDumper
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm convinced he doesn't actually watch games.

Not a lot of opportunities?

TJastal
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm convinced he doesn't actually watch games.

Not a lot of opportunities?

Tbh you may have a point about opportunties. Past 3-4 years TP has seemingly always went down with multiple various ankle sprains/problems (IE planar fascitis) and/or other issues.

Hill was always right there to plug the gap and as I recall did some fine work as a stopgap point guard. Not really his fault nobody ever took the time to teach him the fine art of passing in order to let him develop those skills.

Good thing Rondo had Doc Rivers coaching him, huh?

Mel_13
01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Channeling Fabbs really doesn't help if a poster wants to be taken seriously.

rmt
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Play Joseph at backup PG. Pop seems like he's urging TP to be the "closer" of games. I don't fault Pop for trying Neal at PG since TJ went down but the experiment is a failure. I do fault him for Splitter still playing the least amount of big man minutes.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Channeling Fabbs really doesn't help if a poster wants to be taken seriously.:lmao

lol plantar fasciitis of the ankle.

Mel_13
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Play Joseph at backup PG. Pop seems like he's urging TP to be the "closer" of games. I don't fault Pop for trying Neal at PG since TJ went down but the experiment is a failure. I do fault him for Splitter still playing the least amount of big man minutes.

Except he's not.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Play Joseph at backup PG. Pop seems like he's urging TP to be the "closer" of games. I don't fault Pop for trying Neal at PG since TJ went down but the experiment is a failure.It's not something that can really be done on the fly, it seems.

Joseph is doing fine IMO. His man problem in Austin was he was trying to play the shooting guard position as a point guard, but that wasn't his fault.

jjktkk
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Tbh you may have a point about opportunties. Past 3-4 years TP has seemingly always went down with multiple various ankle sprains/problems (IE planar fascitis) and/or other issues.

Hill was always right there to plug the gap and as I recall did some fine work as a stopgap point guard. Not really his fault nobody ever took the time to teach him the fine art of passing in order to let him develop those skills.

Good thing Rondo had Doc Rivers coaching him, huh?

Playing dumb realy wasn't cool in high school, but doing it as a adult.....

ChumpDumper
01-16-2012, 04:16 PM
That's just Pop for ya. When push comes to shove he doesn't show confidence in his young players very often. Recall when he wouldn't let George Hill play the point either in the playoffs when Parker was hurt. Even though he had been doing it for a large chunk of the season and doing spendidly. So instead we got to witness the Roger Mason Jr fiasco.So you watched last night's game right?

lol splendidly

txstr1986
01-16-2012, 06:30 PM
The theory that Pop ruined Mason by playing him at PG is just plain wrong.

First, Mason started to suck before he played some PG. He was awful the whole month before playing the point.
Second, Mason sucked last year with Knicks and sucks this year with Washington.

Haha, yeah, Mason is on the worst team in the league and still can't get more than 10 minutes a game.

ChuckD
01-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Clowned. Pop played CoJo 13 minutes last night, including some 4th Q action.