PDA

View Full Version : so who wins big tomorrow at Golden Globes?

BRHornet45
01-14-2012, 11:41 PM
sons where is MannyisGod? I know he has some predictions.

mouse
01-14-2012, 11:57 PM
http://www.mybeautybunny.com/wp-content/uploads/golden-globe.jpg

SA210
01-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Moneyball, Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, Aaron Sorkin for screenplay :tu

mouse
01-15-2012, 12:18 AM
SA210

with the goods!

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 01:26 AM
sons Leonardo DiCaprio should win best actor for J. Edgar

Moneyball was a good movie, but Brad Pitt did absolutely nothing special in it and definitely nothing award winning worthy. if anything Jonah Hill was the standout star in that movie.

DJ Mbenga
01-15-2012, 01:54 AM

Moneyball was a good movie, but Brad Pitt did absolutely nothing special in it and definitely nothing award winning worthy. if anything Jonah Hill was the standout star in that movie.

hopefully j edgar doesnt win for best makeup. edgar's boyfriend as an old person seriously looked weird, like a zombie. i was laughing my ass off in the theater. i didnt like moneyball. completely neglected mulder zito hudson truth.
i think clooney wins it and i dont know why he wins it i thought he was ok.

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 01:59 AM
hopefully j edgar doesnt win for best makeup. edgar's boyfriend as an old person seriously looked weird, like a zombie. i was laughing my ass off in the theater. i didnt like moneyball. completely neglected mulder zito hudson truth.
i think clooney wins it and i dont know why he wins it i thought he was ok.

son J. Edgar movie wise was 3 out of 5 stars at best, but DiCaprio's performance in it was 5 stars. he should sweep both Golden Globes and Oscars for lead actor, but who knows. if they let Clooney win then it will show what a joke the awards have become.

SA210
01-15-2012, 03:19 AM

I have to disagree. You believe that Brad is the GM of a baseball team.
He lives and breathes that team in the movie and you feel that, and of course his face when his daughter sings to him, and the last scene..if he wins it, those are the scenes that put him over the hump.

I loved it. And it's more than baseball, you can apply that "outside the box" kind of thinking to just about any business, and that is inspiration.

I'm totally rooting for Moneyball. In a world of crappy movies the past so many years, it's about time Hollywood actually made a good one and left out all the Disney shit that they usually insert in these types of films. I'd like Bennett Miller to also win for Best Director, he was a good selection.

That's my opinion. I did like Leo though in J. Edgar, but I'd really like to see Brad win this year. Soundtrack was solid too.

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 03:37 AM
I have to disagree. You believe that Brad is the GM of a baseball team.
He lives and breathes that team in the movie and you feel that, and of course his face when his daughter sings to him, and the last scene..if he wins it, those are the scenes that put him over the hump.

I loved it. And it's more than baseball, you can apply that "outside the box" kind of thinking to just about any business, and that is inspiration.

I'm totally rooting for Moneyball. In a world of crappy movies the past so many years, it's about time Hollywood actually made a good one and left out all the Disney shit that they usually insert in these types of films. I'd like Bennett Miller to also win for Best Director, he was a good selection.

That's my opinion. I did like Leo though in J. Edgar, but I'd really like to see Brad win this year. Soundtrack was solid too.

Moneyball is the MTV-like movie this year in the awards

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 03:41 AM
DiCaprio did more in this 50 second clip than Clooney or Pitt did in their films ...

P2soVLmOrEA

silverblk mystix
01-15-2012, 05:49 AM
The Help...because..."white people is evil"...

The Help ftw...

monosylab1k
01-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Moneyball is the MTV-like movie this year in the awards

lolwut

monosylab1k
01-15-2012, 11:50 AM
i didnt like moneyball. completely neglected mulder zito hudson truth.

uhh, so did the book for the most part. Advanced stats for pitching were difficult to find and unreliable, the A's and Michael Lewis focused mostly on hitting. The only pitcher they focused on in the book was Chad Bradford, which is what happened in the movie too.

mrsmaalox
01-15-2012, 01:34 PM
I'd only watch it for Ricky Gervais, but I'll be at the Spurs game anyway....

But I'd love my favorites to be rewarded regardless of how good their competition is ;) So Leonardo DiCaprio should win, he was amazing as J. Edgar Hoover and it's just time for him to start winning! And George Clooney should win anything he is nominated for cuz I like him and I think he tries to be a decent human being. Also Boardwalk Empire and Downton Abbey deserve to win everything-----geez, I haven't checked if they are pitted against each other! Also I'd like to see Enlightened win; I haven't seen any of the other comedy series that are nominated, but I kept up with that entire series and no matter how silly/annoying/embarrassing the lead character (Laura Dern) was, every episode left me with a lump in my throat----I'm looking forward to season 2.

And then after all those, I just don't care about anything/anyone else :lol

silverblk mystix
01-15-2012, 05:50 PM
The Help for best drama...

Midnight in Paris for best comedy...

Midnight in Paris for best screenplay...

Oh, Gee!!
01-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Me, for skipping the whole thing.

Spurminator
01-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Still weirds me out to hear Stringer Bell with a British accent.

SA210
01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Jesus, these actors and actresses go too damn far with the tanning. Looks frickin unreal. Don't they realize this? Rob Lowe looked cooked as hell.

CuckingFunt
01-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Still weirds me out to hear Stringer Bell with a British accent.

And he hugged McNulty on the way to the stage. Talk about weird.

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 10:42 PM
ridiculous how they are giving everything to "The Artist" just because it is a silent movie. definitely not deserving of all these awards and hype.

BlackSwordsMan
01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
bunch of jews giving awards to a bunch of jews
ricky gervais do anything worthy of me youtubing?

SA210
01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Not particularly one of my favorite Golden Globe's shows.

Proxy
01-16-2012, 02:50 AM
So Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones both get snubbed... it's all bullshit.

ploto
01-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Jesus, these actors and actresses go too damn far with the tanning. Looks frickin unreal. Don't they realize this? Rob Lowe looked cooked as hell.

Rob Lowe's is actually a real tan from all the time he spends in the sun. I hate to imagine how bad his skin looks.

cheguevara
01-16-2012, 11:03 AM
LOL ppl actually watch this show?