PDA

View Full Version : Kobe got his...

ElNono
01-15-2012, 01:34 AM
winning, losing... who cares, right?

DJ Mbenga
01-15-2012, 01:45 AM
i would expect a blatant hate trolling from BR not you. without him they get blown out. come on you know that right?

ElNono
01-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Don't hate on me, DJ... I'm just the messenger, tbh

pass1st
01-15-2012, 01:51 AM
tbh, he's done this for so long, LAL doesn't know how to play if he doesn't volume shoot. for better or for worse, that's our system.

DMC
01-15-2012, 01:53 AM
tbh, he's done this for so long, LAL doesn't know how to play if he doesn't volume shoot. for better or for worse, that's our system.
You do realize that a good number of the players have only played on the Lakers a couple of years max, and that the coach is new, right?

It's not a good excuse for chucking.

Mike Brown did the same with Lebron, only he was more apt to pass.

Spur_Fanatic
01-15-2012, 01:57 AM
Kobe will sleep just fine tonight.

DMC
01-15-2012, 01:58 AM
So what's he gonna do what that tattoo now? Is he going to say the butterflies are taking the ring away?

pass1st
01-15-2012, 02:35 AM
You do realize that a good number of the players have only played on the Lakers a couple of years max, and that the coach is new, right?

It's not a good excuse for chucking.

Mike Brown did the same with Lebron, only he was more apt to pass.

Not an excuse, it's just how it is for us. Mike Brown won't mess with it too much, the new players have already accepted their roles of keeping the Kobe-Offense going. I don't like it and I wish Kobe shot less, but this simply will not change.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2012, 03:27 AM
Not an excuse, it's just how it is for us. Mike Brown won't mess with it too much, the new players have already accepted their roles of keeping the Kobe-Offense going. I don't like it and I wish Kobe shot less, but this simply will not change.

That doesn't mean Laker fans need to find a way to excuse it or even defend it as a legitimate offensive strategy. At the very least, it undermines team chemistry. Laker fans would rather get swept again than admit Kobe is not nearly the player that he has ever wanted to be and in fact often does more harm than good.

Yes, his chucking wins games. But it doesn't improve a team. It doesn't gel the teammates. It doesn't make ANYONE better, Kobe included. It just gives those individual nights when he's unstoppable the pristine look of a Jordan-type game, except it only happens once in a blue moon as opposed to all the time. Jordan was smart enough to frequently recognize the difference between a bad shot and a good shot, and there is no such thing as the former to Kobe, even 4v1 with 3 teammates wide open.

pass1st
01-15-2012, 03:32 AM
That doesn't mean Laker fans need to find a way to excuse it or even defend it as a legitimate offensive strategy. At the very least, it undermines team chemistry. Laker fans would rather get swept again than admit Kobe is not nearly the player that he has ever wanted to be and in fact often does more harm than good.

Yes, his chucking wins games. But it doesn't improve a team. It doesn't gel the teammates. It doesn't make ANYONE better, Kobe included. It just gives those individual nights when he's unstoppable the pristine look of a Jordan-type game, except it only happens once in a blue moon as opposed to all the time. Jordan was smart enough to frequently recognize the difference between a bad shot and a good shot, and there is no such thing as the former to Kobe, even 4v1 with 3 teammates wide open.

It's not an excuse or defense, it is simply how it is. Is it that hard to get?

Xevious
01-15-2012, 07:07 AM
It's not an excuse or defense, it is simply how it is. Is it that hard to get?

I think he was referring to the posters like kool that ride Kobe's cock constantly, not the real Lakers fans like you.

CubanMustGo
01-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I think he was referring to the posters like kool that ride Kobe's cock constantly, not the real Lakers fans like you.

Yes, the ones who are suspiciously absent from this thread.

Harry Callahan
01-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't think Bryant can continue to play 40+ minutes a night like he's done the last three games and be effective late in the season - especially this compacted strike season.

I'm sure the new coach really does not have the ultimate authority to curtail the wear and tear on Bryant - maybe Kobe is seeing his career winding down and he wants to pass MJ for some career totals.

The only noticable drop for him this year is the three point shooting percentage (8 poiints lower the career).

Kobe is a chucker, no doubt, but he is putting up serious statistics too. For a 33 going on 34 year old shooting guard, his is still a real force. As a Spurs fan, I really hate to say this because he really is a dirtbag as a person from everything I've seen and read.

The biggest thing I see is something he has done before when he really doesn't trust his teammates. He just takes away some shots from guys like Gasol and Ron Artest (I refuse to acknowledge a silly nickname) - people he maybe does not trust right now.

I looks like the Lakers will be a really good team and make the top eight, but their age and lack of guard play outside of Kobe will eventually get them in the POs. Chris Paul with an injured hammy can still run circles around the corpse of Derek Fisher.

dunkman
01-15-2012, 09:51 AM
He takes 40-45% of the shots, then some complain the bench doesn't produce, but its difficult to do something in 7 combined shots. Not speaking about this specific game, but in general. Bynum and Pau are also under utilized.

The Lakers would be way better with Kobe taking half his shots.

ChrisRichards
01-15-2012, 09:53 AM
I saw the game yesterday because I love Griffin and after watching the full 48 minute game, I'd have to say that yesterday Kobe's chucking was warranted. The Lakers were getiing blown out by the Clippers then Kobe came out guns blazing in the third quarter (scoring 13 of the Lakers 15) and cutting down the Clippers lead to just 2 points. I think Kobe was the only Laker out there who wanted that game so bad. Gasol was shooting mid range and 3's and Bynum could not score on double teams.

Kobe has been on a tear shooting 50% scoring 43.0 ppg 6.25 rpg 3.5 apg and 2.2spg with the lakers winning 3 of 4, so you have to give him his respect. But the way I see it, the Lakers are a first round and out team. They're heavily relying on Kobe to bail them out. Gasol has mentally checked out this year and Bynum simply isn't ready yet to be their second option because the guy is clueless when it comes to double teams.

I think Kobe knows they can't compete this year so he's just getting his numbers. They can deal with the Mavs and Spurs but the Western Conference belongs to the younger teams (Clippers, OKC, Grizz and Portland) the Lakers backcourt simply stands no chance against these quick and athletic teams.

Frenzy
01-15-2012, 11:00 AM
14 of 28 :lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2012, 11:17 AM
i doubt he cares, his chasing the total scoring points bullshit.....

he probably get there first, then worry about deferring to the next big thing whatever it is in LA to move the franchise along...