PDA

View Full Version : Lowry, Martin lead Rockets past Blazers

ElNono
01-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Lowry, Martin lead Rockets past Blazers
Portland loses third straight, falls to 1-4 on road

HOUSTON – Kevin Martin sank four straight free throws over the final nine seconds of overtime lift Houston to a 107-105 victory over the Trail Blazers Saturday night at Toyota Center.

Kyle Lowry had a season-high 33 points, along with nine assists and eight rebounds, and Martin scored a season-high 28 points to lead the Rockets (5-7) to their second win in two nights.

It was the third straight loss for Portland (7-5), which fell to 1-4 on the road.

Portland was behind 14 points late in the first half and trailed by 10 late in the third quarter, but rallied to force the extra session.

LaMarcus Aldridge’s jumper with 22.9 seconds left tied the score at 97-97. After a timeout, Lowry dribbled the clock down and missed a 22-footer over Raymond Felton as time expired.

Portland led briefly at 100-99 in overtime, but Martin’s running bank shot pushed Houston ahead 103-100 with 31.9 seconds to play. Martin’s free throws down the stretch secured the triumph.

The Blazers lost despite one of the top performances of Nicolas Batum’s four-year career. The small forward came off the bench for a season-high 29 points, two shy of his career high. The French native made 9 of 15 shots from the field, 6 of 7 from 3-point range and 5 of 6 from the foul line. He had eight rebounds and four blocked shots in 42 minutes.

“I got a lot of open shots, some easy layups, and I was making free throws,” Batum said. “I let the game come to me, and I was very aggressive. I am defense first, and then the offense comes.”

pass1st
01-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Lowry deserves to be an all-star, tbh. He's doing work

m>s
01-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Rockets compensated for the rudy gay trade tbh

Jodelo
01-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Keep it up!