PDA

View Full Version : So Who wins MVP now? Rodgers or Brees?

crc21209
01-15-2012, 08:03 PM
So with both MVP candidates out in the Divisional round, who wins it? Discuss......

LnGrrrR
01-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Probably the guy that threw 6 TDs in the last playoff game. Though Eli is making a strong claim.

Pelicans78
01-15-2012, 08:32 PM
The MVP is a regular season award.

LnGrrrR
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM

Obviously but I assumed this was a "What if" thread.

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Rodgers proved that he is nothing more than a VERY GOOD system QB. Matt Flynn could have done what he did today.

resistanze
01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Like I said at the end of the regular season, when you eliminate stat padders, Brady is the true MVP.

Pelicans78
01-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Like I said at the end of the regular season, when you eliminate stat padders, Brady is the true MVP.

Brees put up 32 points against the best defense on the road. Brady beat an 8-8 team at home.

resistanze
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Brees put up 32 points against the best defense on the road. Brady beat an 8-8 team at home.

He also chucked the ball 62 times and threw 2 picks, and once again fell on the road in the playoffs. But I was talking about the regular season anyway.

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM

son you can take Brady off of the Pats and they would still be Super Bowl contenders. they did just fine without him (11-5 record) when he missed the entire season a couple of years ago. he is a system QB. a very good one, but a system QB none the less.

Pelicans78
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
He also chucked the ball 62 times and threw 2 picks, and once again fell on the road in the playoffs. But I was talking about the regular season anyway.

And threw 4 TDs and led a big comeback against the best defense on the road. Its not his fault the 49ers shut down the running game. Also the 2nd interception wasn't his fault. He had a WR one on one who fell and let the defender get the INT. He also scored 36 points last year on the road at Seattle without his best 2 RBs and Graham when they lost. How much can he do before anyone realizes the Saints have a shitty defensive coordinator who constantly sabotages Brees.

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Brees only made one mistake in that game and it was the first interception. his second interception was a hailmary-like bomb just trying to get the ball down the field that caused no harm. he brought his team back from a 17-0 deficient while Aaron Rodgers couldn't do shit.

resistanze
01-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Son, they're both out of the playoffs, rationalize it any way you like. The greatest offense in the history of the world was outgunned by Alex Smith.

BRHornet45
01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
and son the second best offense got stomped out at home by Eli lol

Pelicans78
01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Son, they're both out of the playoffs, rationalize it any way you like. The greatest offense in the history of the world was outgunned by Alex Smith.

Only cause of shitty play-calling by the defensive coordinator. Brees won that game. Shitty coordinator lost it.

resistanze
01-15-2012, 10:45 PM
And threw 4 TDs and led a big comeback against the best defense on the road. Its not his fault the 49ers shut down the running game. Also the 2nd interception wasn't his fault. He had a WR one on one who fell and let the defender get the INT. He also scored 36 points last year on the road at Seattle without his best 2 RBs and Graham when they lost. How much can he do before anyone realizes the Saints have a shitty defensive coordinator who constantly sabotages Brees.

Hey that's how it is, son. You mentioned Brady beat a 8-8 team at home. He gets that luxrry because he led his lead to the #1 seed in the AFC, while having an atrocious D and staging many comebacks throughout the season. As great as Brees record chase was, they were still playing on Wild Card Saturday.

Pelicans78
01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey that's how it is, son. You mentioned Brady beat a 8-8 team at home. He gets that luxrry because he led his lead to the #1 seed in the AFC, while having an atrocious D and staging many comebacks throughout the season. As great as Brees record chase was, they were still playing on Wild Card Saturday.

And Brady lost his last two playoff games at home before so lets no act like he's superior.

rascal
01-15-2012, 10:52 PM
The MVP just goes on regular season.

resistanze
01-15-2012, 10:53 PM
And Brady lost his last two playoff games at home before so lets no act like he's superior.

Whether he's superior or not is irrelevant. I'm simply saying he was my pick for this year's MVP.

monosylab1k
01-16-2012, 02:10 AM

lol

Pelicans78
01-16-2012, 12:38 PM
lol

Everything I said was true.

DeadlyDynasty
01-16-2012, 12:46 PM
If Brees doesn't throw that first quarter pick leading to 7 SF points, the Saints win.

True story.

Pelicans78
01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
If Brees doesn't throw that first quarter pick leading to 7 SF points, the Saints win.

True story.

That's true, but scoring 32 points should have been enough in the end. No way the Niners should have driven 67 yards in 40 seconds to win the game. Inexcusable.

monosylab1k
01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Everything I said was true.

And the context in which you said it was contradictory and stupid.

BUMP
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM

considering Eli is one of the better playoff quarterbacks of this generation, i don't see how that's an insult

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Since it is a regular season award, I still say Rodgers wins it because he had the best regular season.

Regarding Brady vs. Brees, it's close. Brees had better numbers by a little bit, but I'd argue his offensive supporting cast was much better. His offensive line didn't have the injuries New England had, and while New England's tight ends were better, Brees still had the 2nd best tight end in football with much better receivers. Brees also had Sproles and the best play caller in football. I'd still say Brees > Brady this year because they had the same record while the Saints had a much tougher schedule and Brees had better numbers, but it's close.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
The best offense got stomped out by Alex Smith.

Pelicans78
01-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Since it is a regular season award, I still say Rodgers wins it because he had the best regular season.

Regarding Brady vs. Brees, it's close. Brees had better numbers by a little bit, but I'd argue his offensive supporting cast was much better. His offensive line didn't have the injuries New England had, and while New England's tight ends were better, Brees still had the 2nd best tight end in football with much better receivers. Brees also had Sproles and the best play caller in football. I'd still say Brees > Brady this year because they had the same record while the Saints had a much tougher schedule and Brees had better numbers, but it's close.

I agree with this. I think Brees does have better overall weapons and an o-line. The Saints WRs aren't great or Pro Bowlers, but they have more speed downfield compared to New England. Plus, the RBs are much better compared to New England. Brady was also much better on the road compared to Brees this season.

Having Lance Moore out was a big loss since he's the Saints best slot and 3rd down receiver, but injuries happen and the Saints didn't have to commit 5 turnovers or let Smith drive 67 yards in 40 secs.

Pelicans78
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
And the context in which you said it was contradictory and stupid.

How was that? I said the MVP was a regular season award and that Brees put up alot of points against the Niners defense. I wasn't saying that this game had anything to do with the MVP award. Just making comparisons because some idiot decided to incorporate playoff performance to the MVP award.

Pelicans78
01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Eli's much better than Smith. Smith didn't do much until the last 4 minutes of the game. The Niners had chances to blow the game open and for whatever reason, they couldn't score without the turnovers. A better QB would have blown out the Saints early in the game especially since the Saints defense on the road is usually crappy.

Blake
01-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Saints fan going full homer lol.

On a serious note, the reasons why the 49ers and Pats are going strong are Crabtree and Welker.

Pelicans78
01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Saints fan going full homer lol.

On a serious note, the reasons why the 49ers and Pats are going strong are Crabtree and Welker.

LOL Craptree. He's an average receiver and was a no show against the Saints. Even had a couple of easy drops.

Greg Oden
01-17-2012, 04:16 PM
I forgot Welker was even playing in the Broncos game after the first td.

lol trabtree

Deion Sanders
01-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Oh! A phong is ringin!

Deion Sanders
01-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Michael Trabtree.