PDA

View Full Version : lOL things Austinites say...

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Sel1qIWg5w0

cantthinkofanything
01-16-2012, 01:05 PM
I didn't watch the clip. But it made me think of the film from the 90's called "Slackers" or maybe "Slacker". But it was interesting at the time and it followed person to person about these kids/young adults. There are two films called almost the same thing and this isn't the one that came out a few years ago. Anyway, anyone remember the one that I'm talking about? I'm slightly drunk but think my spelling is pretty good. If you're DMC, please tell your mom "sorry" for me. It should wash out next time she takes a shower.

DMC
01-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Funny, but I don't know anyone who drinks Lone Star.

Austin is all about drinking locally made beer that you cannot buy in convenience stores (except the outer fringe that drinks anything).

DMC
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I didn't watch the clip. But it made me think of the film from the 90's called "Slackers" or maybe "Slacker". But it was interesting at the time and it followed person to person about these kids/young adults. There are two films called almost the same thing and this isn't the one that came out a few years ago. Anyway, anyone remember the one that I'm talking about? I'm slightly drunk but think my spelling is pretty good. If you're DMC, please tell your mom "sorry" for me. It should wash out next time she takes a shower.

The mom stuff never gets old.

actually it did, about 30 years ago

marini martini
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
The hipster's drink PBR, the bastard retards drink LS. TBQO

ChumpDumper
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
The hipster's drink PBR, the bastard retards drink LS. TBQOThey'll drink whichever one is on special that night.

cantthinkofanything
01-16-2012, 02:52 PM
The mom stuff never gets old.

actually it did, about 30 years ago

Your mom's stuff got old 30 years ago.

The Reckoning
01-16-2012, 04:19 PM
eh alot of people drink lone star. its just the stuck up 30 somethings with a dick up their ass who are anal about local beers. the guy drinking mickeys and talking about al pastor sounds about right.

best part is my old boss was an extra on friday night lights (tv show) :lol

Magua
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Your mom's stuff got old 30 years ago.

:lolok that was good

you still have the FG% of John Starks in Game 7, but det one was nothin but net:lol

cantthinkofanything
01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
:lolok that was good

you still have the FG% of John Starks in Game 7, but det one was nothin but net:lol

Shit, I'm totally OK with that.

I wasn't a Knicks fan and I like MJ but one of my alltime favorite dunks:

DGwqAAS2Ip8

CuckingFunt
01-16-2012, 11:21 PM
I didn't watch the clip. But it made me think of the film from the 90's called "Slackers" or maybe "Slacker". But it was interesting at the time and it followed person to person about these kids/young adults. There are two films called almost the same thing and this isn't the one that came out a few years ago. Anyway, anyone remember the one that I'm talking about?

Slacker. Richard Linklater's first film and, I think, the one that got him enough money to make Dazed and Confused.

koriwhat
01-17-2012, 02:32 AM
fuck austin

DisAsTerBot
01-17-2012, 09:48 AM

Austin is all about drinking locally made beer that you cannot buy in convenience stores (except the outer fringe that drinks anything).

pretty much everyone i know drinks lone star here.

the bold part of your sentence is hipsters and beer connoisseurs, they're everywhere.

The_Worlds_finest
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
there was a slacker 2011 made last year.

koriwhat
01-18-2012, 04:52 AM
i went to austin this past sunday for a tattoo convention, was supposed to help my mentor work but he ended up saying fuck it and came back early. went straight to the expo and right back afterwards, fuck austin.

btw, i spent way too much dough. $450 on 2 books and 1 shirt, damn these books are amazing!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
fuck austin

oh crap
01-18-2012, 03:30 PM
:lmao:lmao

mad cause nobody could give two shits about that shithole san antonio?

leemajors
01-18-2012, 03:40 PM

tbh most of the local breweries don't bottle (except for one-offs), like 512.

I do, however, avoid downtown and South Austin like the plague if possible. Except for Lucy's Fried Chicken, that place is badass.

DesignatedT
01-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Downtown Austin is legit. Don't think I could ever live in that city though.

Blake
01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
I bet you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than at an Austin tattoo convention.

leemajors
01-19-2012, 02:22 PM
where tha fuck do you go if not downtown or south austin?

gentrified east austin? hyde park? westlake hills?

I live in the Wooten neighborhood, and my girlfriend lives in Hyde Park. Plenty of good places to go eat/get a drink within bike riding distance of here. Why go downtown?

The Reckoning
01-19-2012, 03:20 PM
I live in the Wooten neighborhood, and my girlfriend lives in Hyde Park. Plenty of good places to go eat/get a drink within bike riding distance of here. Why go downtown?

because downtown is fucking awesome. warehouse district and blue moon on 6th. peche during happy hour is a blast.

Dr. Gonzo
01-19-2012, 03:41 PM
There is a 25% chance I may have to move to Austin for a job. I dread even the idea of living in Austin.

DMC
01-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I bet you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than at an Austin tattoo convention.

I might have to research that.

leemajors
01-19-2012, 11:08 PM
ever go to ichiban on burnet? best sushi for the money imho

I have not had sushi there but I do like the place, good food.