PDA

View Full Version : Leonard, Green, Splitter

nkdlunch
01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
We stacked! :lol

I don't even care if we go far. These guys are fun to watch :toast

TJastal
01-16-2012, 03:41 PM
The fans agree. Spurs home attendance is one of highest in league.

cheguevara
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
PER 48:
pippen '88: 14pts 7rbs 1stl
marion '00: 17pts 11rbs 1stl
leonard '12: 14pts 9rbs 2stl

Gagnrath
01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Sort of the Spurs have drafted/found in the last few years a number of really good role-players, and this is supporting an aging and declining core of stars. They also have yet to find a truly serviceable back-up power-forward. Make no mistake this is needed to truly be competitive in the NBA. With very good role players you can get by with second tier stars like the pistons a few years ago, but the turn of the century pacers, and recent hawks teams should show us you really need at least one superstar, and a couple of all-star pieces to really threaten to win a championship.

What I am hoping for is that in the year after Duncan retires, Manu misses most of the year with an injury, spurs get a high lottery bigman who is can't miss and doesn't blast his ego (I like sullinger out of OSU for this next to splitter at center.) But that is just my hope.

ChuckD
01-16-2012, 06:33 PM
The fans agree. Spurs home attendance is one of highest in league.

I saw a promo while watching the game for a package of games at $55 each...in the lower bowl. That might have something to do with attendance being up.

ChuckD
01-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Sort of the Spurs have drafted/found in the last few years a number of really good role-players, and this is supporting an aging and declining core of stars. They also have yet to find a truly serviceable back-up power-forward. Make no mistake this is needed to truly be competitive in the NBA. With very good role players you can get by with second tier stars like the pistons a few years ago, but the turn of the century pacers, and recent hawks teams should show us you really need at least one superstar, and a couple of all-star pieces to really threaten to win a championship.

What I am hoping for is that in the year after Duncan retires, Manu misses most of the year with an injury, spurs get a high lottery bigman who is can't miss and doesn't blast his ego (I like sullinger out of OSU for this next to splitter at center.) But that is just my hope.

Sullinger is coming out this year. Duncan isn't retiring this year.

acoelho1
01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Our best 3 defensive players..period. If only Pop would play them at least 25mins each.

Nathan Explosion
01-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I saw a promo while watching the game for a package of games at $55 each...in the lower bowl. That might have something to do with attendance being up.

That and check some of the prices on Stub Hub. Lots of tickets going for under $1. Sure they're high up, but walk to the Fan Zone and watch there.