PDA

View Full Version : Spurs in talks for Paul Pierce

4>0rings
01-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Spurs are wanting Pierce and are talking to Boston to acquire him from my sources.

Link coming soon

stretch
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Who do the Spurs have to offer?

According to Spurfan, they could trade Leonard and Splitter straight up for Lebron and Wade. So probably the classiest $50 offer on Earth would be more than enough to get Pierce.

jeebus
Bonner (who is knife wound free) for Pierce straight up.

Dex
Who do the Spurs have to offer?

Maybe the Celtics are interested in a Brian Scalabrine replacement?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't see a single trade that would work for both. Maybe if other teams got involved, but seems pretty unlikely.

FkLA
01-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't see a single trade that would work for both. Maybe if other teams got involved, but seems pretty unlikely.

:lol

stxspurs
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Spurs are wanting Pierce and are talking to Boston to acquire him from my sources.

Link coming soon

bwahahahahahahahaha

Giuseppe
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Maybe the Celtics are interested in a Brian Scalabrine replacement?

Your shit bag is old & tired, but, he ain't quite that far gone yet.

stephen jackson
01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
bonner and cory joseph should get pierce

TimmehC
01-17-2012, 06:21 PM

Link coming soon

:wow Are these like TheMACHINE's sources? If so, this is ironclad tbh.

Mal
01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
So Celtics threw a white flag ? As I watched celtics during weekend, Garnett looked awful. Pierce also. They have Rondo, who played great then, Allen but he is old. No bench, no depth, no qualitty big mens. Yes, they can go rebuild. No, Spurs cant get Pierce with his current deal.

01-17-2012, 06:29 PM
of course the celtics should blow it up. they aren't going to trade pierce though. he is a career celtic and finals mvp. no way the celtics would deal him unless he requests it.

pass1st
01-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Pierce should retire in green, send him to the Bucks

Mal
01-17-2012, 06:34 PM
of course the celtics should blow it up. they aren't going to trade pierce though. he is a career celtic and finals mvp. no way the celtics would deal him unless he requests it.

I can see him traded, but Celtics will ask where he want to go. And there is the problem. I cant see him going to Nets or other shitty team with aspirations, but withoud talent. He`s too old for this.

Dallas wouldnt take his salary after clearing everything for this summer. Rest contenders dont have salary cup space, and probably wouldnt want to pay 37yrs old Pierce his 15 mln $.

Celtics will play with this team for a month or so, see where team is going, and then they can amnesty his ass so he can resign and play for championship elsewhere.

Of course he would want to stay in Boston.

midnightpulp
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM
No thanks. Spurs are already deep enough at the perimeter.

LnGrrrR
01-17-2012, 06:59 PM

This. While we definitely need to blow it up and rebuild, I want Pierce retiring in green if it's his choice. If he wants to play for another team, that's his call, but I think he's earned the right to retire here.

lefty
01-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Lol no

They will ask too much in return

baseline bum
01-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't see a single two-team trade in the league for Pierce that makes any sense. The Celtics would almost certainly require a talented young player, an expiring contract, and a first round pick, and trading for Pierce only makes sense for a title contender. Maybe the Celtics can find a good deal in the summer, but right now I have a hard time seeing him in anything but Celtics green this season.

rayjayjohnson
01-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Poor Rondo.

All that talent wasted on a team of TOSBs

LnGrrrR
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Poor Rondo.

All that talent wasted on a team of TOSBs

Ainge will probably trade him next year, don't worry. :lol

Man, that Perkins trade fucked us so hard.

m>s
01-18-2012, 08:51 AM
why look for another tired old SHITBAG when you already have one (duncan)?

dunkman
01-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Games are won by rookies, championships however by proven veterans . . .

Killakobe81
01-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I can see him traded, but Celtics will ask where he want to go. And there is the problem. I cant see him going to Nets or other shitty team with aspirations, but withoud talent. He`s too old for this.

Dallas wouldnt take his salary after clearing everything for this summer. Rest contenders dont have salary cup space, and probably wouldnt want to pay 37yrs old Pierce his 15 mln $.

Celtics will play with this team for a month or so, see where team is going, and then they can amnesty his ass so he can resign and play for championship elsewhere.

Of course he would want to stay in Boston.

Pierce and Dirk together would be filthy on offense ... do it Cubes!!!

cheguevara
01-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Games are won by rookies, championships however by proven veterans . . .

bingo.

LOL at the ppl saying we too deep to acquire a perenial allstar :lmao

NewcastleKEG
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Only guy Boston would want is Manu and there is no point of making that deal