PDA

View Full Version : I've seen this movie before.

acoelho1
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
I preface this by saying I think Pop is a great coach. However, I can't understand giving Blair/Bonner more minutes than Splitter. I don't care how many points Blair scores, he has no chance on a guy like Bosh. Pop preaches defense but doesn't play his best defensive players. Blair and RJ should come off the bench. It is only one game but unless Pop changes course we will fall hard again in the playoffs.

My starting lineup until Manu is back

Parker
Green
Leonard
Splitter
Duncan

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
the word great and pop has been misused for the last 5yrs ever since he didnt figure out small ball and trying to implement that shit to our roster which is not effective in the league, when every other team has started to play big lineups...

yet we continue to put wankers out there prancing around the court like a horse doing shit all...

ElNono
01-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Splitter was in foul trouble.

If there was anything I didn't like about Pop tonight, was his decision not to start doubling Lebron when he started to get hot early in the 3rd. I also thought he didn't even try to adjust to Miami's defensive changes as our offense was sputtering.

Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but I thought that's when the Heat regained their confidence.

MaNu4Tres
01-17-2012, 10:37 PM

I never understand the "foul trouble" excuse for a player that plays 20 minutes a game max.

Now for a player that plays 30 minutes + I can understand.

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2012, 10:38 PM

If there was anything I didn't like about Pop tonight, was his decision not to start doubling Lebron when he started to get hot early in the 3rd. I also thought he didn't even try to adjust to Miami's defensive changes as our offense was sputtering.

Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but I thought that's when the Heat regained their confidence.

whats worst our 2 best defenders werent on the court at the same time...fkn pathetic

ElNono
I never understand the "foul trouble" excuse for a player that plays 20 minutes a game max.

Maybe Pop planned to play him 30 minutes...

... nah

DesignatedT
All the bigs played like shit tonight, including splitter.

acoelho1
01-17-2012, 10:41 PM

Exactly and Pop must have forgotten about the Memphis series when we were getting eaten up by their bigs. He waited to the last minute to put Splitter in and guess what, he made it tough on them. Splitter is still trying to figure out the NBA game and don't you think more time on the court would help his development (rhetorical).

Juggity
01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Blair is trash when he comes off the bench. He's only really effective in the starting role.

The spurs need to keep playing him as a starter to increase his trade value so he can be moved sooner rather than later.

ElNono
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Blair is trash when he comes off the bench. He's only really effective in the starting role.

The spurs need to keep playing him as a starter to increase his trade value so he can be moved sooner rather than later.

Moved for who?

Juggity
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Moved for who?

Somebody taller than 6'7 preferably. How about the ghost of Manute Bol? Even though he'd be made of vapor, it would still probably be harder to shoot over him than Blair.

ElNono
01-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Somebody taller than 6'7 preferably. How about the ghost of Manute Bol? Even though he'd be made of vapor, it would still probably be harder to shoot over him than Blair.

He's on a rook contract. Basically, unless you package him with RJ and somebody bites, it's just better to keep him.

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Splitta is a bum. Get over it already.

where was the chinese rasengan yesterday against 6 chinese ninjas?

TJastal
01-17-2012, 11:24 PM
I preface this by saying I think Pop is a great coach. However, I can't understand giving Blair/Bonner more minutes than Splitter. I don't care how many points Blair scores, he has no chance on a guy like Bosh. Pop preaches defense but doesn't play his best defensive players. Blair and RJ should come off the bench. It is only one game but unless Pop changes course we will fall hard again in the playoffs.

Parker
Green
Leonard
Splitter
Duncan

Just relax, it's all part of the grand master plan. It's some major major CIA stuff you need to just be patient and let the master ply his craft.

Pop's savin' Splitter for the grand finale. You'll see.

timvp
01-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I've been whining about Splitter playing more but I don't see how Pop can be blamed this game. Splitter got three fouls within one minute and the Spurs played well throughout the first half. Maybe Splitter should have gotten in a little bit earlier in the third but Blair was a big part of the first half play ... and it wasn't like Splitter being on the court would have stopped LeBron's perimeter explosion.

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I've been whining about Splitter playing more but I don't see how Pop can be blamed this game. Splitter got three fouls within one minute and the Spurs played well throughout the first half. Maybe Splitter should have gotten in a little bit earlier in the third but Blair was a big part of the first half play ... and it wasn't like Splitter being on the court would have stopped LeBron's perimeter explosion.

i rather have splitter out there using up all his 6 fouls then having rj, bonner, blair out there with bone headed plays, at leasts splitter makes them earn those fouls and not ur typical tick tack touch fouls, if they want to hand out touch fouls go play touch football

Interrohater
01-17-2012, 11:51 PM

:rollin

jjktkk
01-17-2012, 11:54 PM

Watch some of the brilliant posters on here work their magic.

TJastal
01-18-2012, 12:31 AM

I think alot of us, are just getting fed up with Pop's little retarded games of hiding Splitter in the 2nd unit and playing cat and mouse with not using him with Timmy. If anyone on the team needs Tiago's support, it is Tim Duncan. I'm so frickin tired of Pop hanging poor Tim out to dry year after year with guys who are total fucking SHIT. Speaking of which, Dejuan Blair comes to mind. This guy is a HORRID defensive player as you revealed in a prior thread a few days ago.

Also Maybe its not his fault and the problems with the knees thrown his athleticism into steep freefall but Pop needs to do something about it soon.

It is time Tiago Splitter started next to Tim Duncan. And I don't give a fucking rat's bald ass about the Blair/Boner combo. Pop has options at his disoposal. He can put Leonard & Green in the 2nd unit if he wants to minimize the defensive shortcomings of the turd towers. He can use that new guy whatever the hell his name is (Kawhi's teammate).

As usual Pop is going to dick around and dick around and dick around some more. Wasting critical time.

therealtruth
01-18-2012, 02:31 AM

Parker
Green
Leonard
Splitter
Duncan

You're preaching to the choir that Pop can't hear. Unless Blair's scoring 20 a game he's not helping the cause. And even if he's getting 20 he's not making it hard for the other pf to do the same. Winning by just outscoring your opponent is not a sound strategy for advancing in the playoffs.

therealtruth
01-18-2012, 02:39 AM

I would rather have Splitter making it difficult for the opposing pf from the jump than Blair scoring 20 points. How good the defense becomes is ultimately going to determine how far the team goes.

jjktkk
01-18-2012, 02:48 AM
I think alot of us, are just getting fed up with Pop's little retarded games of hiding Splitter in the 2nd unit and playing cat and mouse with not using him with Timmy. If anyone on the team needs Tiago's support, it is Tim Duncan. I'm so frickin tired of Pop hanging poor Tim out to dry year after year with guys who are total fucking SHIT. Speaking of which, Dejuan Blair comes to mind. This guy is a HORRID defensive player as you revealed in a prior thread a few days ago.

Not alot really. Just a select few, special, individuals. You start Splitter, then you have the turd towers coming off the bench and getting used and abused. Thats a really bad idea.

It is time Tiago Splitter started next to Tim Duncan. And I don't give a fucking rat's bald ass about the Blair/Boner combo. Pop has options at his disoposal. He can put Leonard & Green in the 2nd unit if he wants to minimize the defensive shortcomings of the turd towers. He can use that new guy whatever the hell his name is (Kawhi's teammate).

A Blair/Bonner combo is a disaster waiting to happen. Try looking at the big picture. Pop is trying to improve the defense. Pairing Bonner and Blair together, for long stretches at a time, is not the way to improve the defense.

TJastal
01-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Not alot really. Just a select few, special, individuals. You start Splitter, then you have the turd towers coming off the bench and getting used and abused. Thats a really bad idea.

A Blair/Bonner combo is a disaster waiting to happen. Try looking at the big picture. Pop is trying to improve the defense. Pairing Bonner and Blair together, for long stretches at a time, is not the way to improve the defense.

I hear what you're saying. I just don't agree that its the right strategy anymore (or ever was). Why spread the manure around? Just keep in one neat tidy pile.

Think about this.

Running Duncan into the ground isn't a better solution, I guarantee you. And thats what's gonna happen my friend.

Why not put your best big out there with Duncan so he will do less heavy lifting and be sharp for the playoffs. And while they're at it build some chemistry together I guarantee you that when the playoffs roll around, Duncan & Tiago's minutes will increase, thus greatly increasing the odds of them playing together. Might as well get some minutes together now. What better way to do that than starting them together?

And since the turd towers are going to get minutes (its inevitable) might as well be concentrated against the other teams bench players.
Just deal with the fallout of the Blair/Bonner combo. Who knows, maybe it won't be so bad. Defense to start, put the scorers in the 2nd unit.

The caveat being when Manu comes back its possible he will help that 2nd unit sustain and be productive. If he's willing.

therealtruth
01-18-2012, 03:19 AM

If Pop plays them with Leonard and against the opposing bench it might work out. But seriously they just needs to find a backup center if they want to prevent that.

acoelho1
01-18-2012, 09:11 AM

Well, Bosh scored pretty well in the first half and was the only one really keeping it close so yes, I think Splitter would have helped. I know he had foul trouble but as others have pointed out, he hasn't been playing a lot of minutes lately.

Cane
01-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Splitter's a fragile player. He was also in foul trouble.

But I think this is the biggest reason why Splitter's minutes were limited last night, the Spurs need to have their only two bigs (Duncan and Splitter) ready for this guy tonight:

http://www.nba4all.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dwight-howard1.jpg