PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else agree that Green needs to start.

Buddy Holly
01-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Send RJ to the bench.

Parker
Green
Kawhi
Tim
Blair

Sean Cagney
01-18-2012, 01:25 AM
YES, end thread.........

SenorSpur
01-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Not right now. I'm hopeful RJ will be sent to the bench once Manu returns. In the meantime, Leonard will continue to get that much better.

timvp
01-18-2012, 01:35 AM
The sooner RJ is coming off the bench, the better. He's such a non-competitor that he sets a soft tone. My final RJ-as-a-starter straw was when Battier bullied him into submission. That was just embarrassing.

RJ is good to have on your side when he's shooting 60% on threes but other than that, he's pretty damn worthless. Especially this season because he doesn't drive the ball to the basket anymore, which also means he doesn't get to the line.

Fireball
01-18-2012, 01:46 AM
While I agree on RJ I still think Green made some serious mistakes against the Heat. The layup on the fast break could have been a momentum changer, but he missed it ...

TJastal
01-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Send RJ to the bench.

Parker
Green
Kawhi
Tim
Blair

One rook in the starting lineup is more than enough, IMO. Pick one or the other, KL or Green. Don't matter which. They're both doing incredibly well so far.

The guy I'd like really to see in the starting lineup is Splitter.

ElNono
01-18-2012, 01:54 AM
The sooner RJ is coming off the bench, the better. He's such a non-competitor that he sets a soft tone. My final RJ-as-a-starter straw was when Battier bullied him into submission. That was just embarrassing.

RJ is good to have on your side when he's shooting 60% on threes but other than that, he's pretty damn worthless. Especially this season because he doesn't drive the ball to the basket anymore, which also means he doesn't get to the line.

The problem with this is that you might just completely turn him off. I get the sense the problem with RJ isn't just being physically soft, but mentally too.

stephen jackson
01-18-2012, 01:56 AM
dont matter, gonna be the same

Ice009
01-18-2012, 02:00 AM
While I agree on RJ I still think Green made some serious mistakes against the Heat. The layup on the fast break could have been a momentum changer, but he missed it ...

So what? RJ curled up into the fetal position at one point. Does that mean he should continue to start?

jjktkk
01-18-2012, 02:01 AM
The problem with this is that you might just completely turn him off. I get the sense the problem with RJ isn't just being physically soft, but mentally too.

Green would be the better option to start right now, but, imo Pop would worry about RJ contributing nothing by benching him and bringing him off the bench.

ElNono
01-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Green would be the better option to start right now, but, imo Pop would worry about RJ contributing nothing by benching him and bringing him off the bench.

It's maddening because he's another "pro", "experienced" guy. He should act like it. I just think it's not happening, and I wouldn't mind turning the page.

Frankly, what's going to be worse is what the Spurs are going to have to throw away in young talent and/or picks to dump his contract.

Jahivah
01-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Send RJ to the bench.

Parker
Green
Kawhi
Tim
Blair

Excellent Lineup except that I would start Splitter over Blair. Blair is an energy player. Manu and Neal would be excellent coming off the bench as well

TJastal
01-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Excellent Lineup except that I would start Splitter over Blair. Blair is an energy player. Manu and Neal would be excellent coming off the bench as well

I'm in agreement totally on this. Pop has singlehandedly handicapped the team's frontcourt with the Bonner resigning and by letting Mahinmi walk for nothing but that can't be used an excuse not to move Tiago into the starting lineup.

Timmy needs and also deserves more than the guy who surrenders the league highest PER to his opponent starting next to him.

Jahivah
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
I'm in agreement totally on this. Pop has singlehandedly handicapped the team's frontcourt with the Bonner resigning and by letting Mahinmi walk for nothing but that can't be used an excuse not to move Tiago into the starting lineup.

Timmy needs and also deserves more than the guy who surrenders the league highest PER to his opponent starting next to him.

Mahinmi is not the best defender but he is a tremendously gifted offensive player. WE let the guy walk too fast without giving him a real opportunity. For some reason POP seems to hate every big that is not Matt Bonner. Blair has completely transitioned into an offensive player and his rebounding has suffered for it. Tiago would take alot of the defensive and rebounding load off Duncan.

GSH
01-18-2012, 02:45 AM
I had been giving R.J. credit, even in some not-so-great games, for at least not playing soft. Tonight he became Miss Congeniality. I listened to him in an interview before this road trip. He said that he was going to try and lighten the mood in the locker room, and that he was going to get the other players to listen to recordings of some-damn-body-I-didn't-recognize. (He said it seemed to help before the last couple of games, and he thought they should do it some more.)

The Spurs don't need him to make them laugh, and they don't need him to bring his damned motivational recordings. They need someone with some stones to play SF. I really like having Green coming off the bench. I think it's good for the team, and I think it's good for Green right now. But I don't know who else they could put out there in place of Dear Abbey.

If they do that, the second unit is going to have R.J., Stonemason Neal, Ginger, and The Invisible Manderson, surrounding Splitter and Corey Joseph. (Just when Splitter and CoJo were starting to look pretty good.) That sounds like a reason to lay in a supply of Tums.

jjktkk
01-18-2012, 02:52 AM
It's maddening because he's another "pro", "experienced" guy. He should act like it. I just think it's not happening, and I wouldn't mind turning the page.

Frankly, what's going to be worse is what the Spurs are going to have to throw away in young talent and/or picks to dump his contract.

Trying not to think about that. :depressed

SenorSpur
01-18-2012, 02:58 AM
No team in their right mind would ever trade for RJ - especially when they know that he was one breath away from being amnestized.

There's no doubt that RJ deserves to be benched. We all knew it was only a matter of time before his punk-ass would regress again. However I fear if Pop were to do that, RJ would even less useful in a bench role because of his weak-minded, soft-ass personality. If Pop made this move, he may as well bury RJ an move JA ahead of him.

SpurNation
01-18-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm not sure changing the perimeter player starting line up will mask the lack of quality interior defense...but it's worth a shot.

We all realize that the majority of opposing teams post players (even the mediocre) have been posting high double digit scores against the Spurs right? As well as other teams perimeter players posting some of their best in the paint performances while playing against the Spurs.

angelbelow
01-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Yeah, sounds good to me. KL can move to the 3 while Green starts at the 2.

therealtruth
01-18-2012, 03:16 AM
RJ's missing TJ Ford. He was doing pretty well with the second unit and TJ running the point.

SenorSpur
01-18-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm not sure changing the perimeter player starting line up will mask the lack of quality interior defense...but it's worth a shot.

We all realize that the majority of opposing teams post players (even the mediocre) have been posting high double digit scores against the Spurs right? As well as other teams perimeter players posting some of their best in the paint performances while playing against the Spurs.

This.

This would be akin to shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

cheguevara
01-18-2012, 05:30 PM
All I know is RJ and Bonner need to sit.

TD 21
01-18-2012, 05:52 PM

You should swap physically with mentally, because that's the bigger problem. And teams not only sense it, they prey on it. They know he folds under pressure, just like they know Bonner does and they know this team is soft and weak. That's why none of the elite teams have an ounce of respect for them and haven't for the past few seasons.

Why do you think those arrogant pukes were rubbing it in? Part of that is just who they are, but the other part was because of who they were doing it to. You'd have most likely never seen them pull that shit with the Celtics or the Lakers and by the off chance they did, at some point one of them would have been laid out coming down the lane.

As usual, the Spurs took it lying down though. It's both sickening and embarrassing to watch. And you know it's got to kill Pop to have a team like this, but he only has himself and Buford to blame for this mockery. This has been an ongoing problem in recent seasons and they've failed to address it.

Dex
01-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Who would've thought that Bonner and RJ would be the ones holding this team back?

Oh, that's right. Everyone but Pop.

timtonymanu
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I would rather just go with Parker, Manu, Leonard, Blair, Timmy.

If RJ can't handle coming off the bench, then he's a big loser and it's no loss for the team other than the BS money we're throwing at him.

Truckules
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM

You can't start Splitter because then your two bigs off the bench are Blair and Bonner. Spurs need another quality big before Splitter can start.

acoelho1
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Green is playmaker and should start over RJ. Plus the kid has a lot of heart and I'm willing to deal with the mistakes since he is still pretty green :). Also, I don't get this Splitter shouldn't start because that would leave 2 turds to come off the bench. It's not like the other team has 7 footers coming off the bench either. Lets put our best team on the floor.

Parker
Green
Leonard
Duncan
Splitter

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
is it just me or is danny green looking more & more like danny granger 2.0?