PDA

View Full Version : About Last Night Travesty...

deibero
01-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Probably toughest and most embarrassing regular season loss i can remember.

One more thing: For all those saying that we are good for the time being without manu, and that we are able to replace his production with neal, green, leonard etc, just letting you know that no way in hell this happens with manu on the court...He's too much of a competitor to fold like that!

You can replace production? maybe. Intangibles never!

timvp
01-18-2012, 10:01 AM
The Spurs lost by more points last year in Miami when Manu was healthy.

Obviously the Spurs are a much better team with Manu but let's not start pretending they are impervious to bad losses when he's around.

deibero
01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
its not the loss, its the way they lost!

with manu they go down swinging, last night they folded and thats what made it painful to watch...

we have lost by 30 and 40 and i didn't feel so shitty

lefty
01-18-2012, 10:05 AM
The Spurs lost by more points last year in Miami when Manu was healthy.

Obviously the Spurs are a much better team with Manu but let's not start pretending they are impervious to bad losses when he's around.
Ducks

Get in here !

acoelho1
01-18-2012, 10:15 AM
There have been a few bad losses the last 2 years and its yet another example that we need to change the makeup of this team. We need to go back to our defensive roots and bring in the players that have the mental toughness needed to compete in the tough games. I think back to the Pistons, which had no superstar but were solid defensively and were able to beat a very talented Shaq and Kobe team. I really like what the 76ers are doing and they seem to be following the Spurs defense first model.

bus driver
01-18-2012, 10:18 AM
i am not worried

DMC
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Let's not get all suicidal over a regular season game.

The 1st half lead was superficial. We played soft the entire game, they just were missing shots.

blackfire12
01-18-2012, 10:33 AM
See, it isn't even because Lebron started making shots or everyone on the Heat for that matter. Right into the 3rd quarter no one could make a damn shot. It was a clank after every friggin clank and nothing would roll in. Defense looked terrible, it was a massive turn around from the first half and I don't know what caused that. It definitely wasn't because of the Heat since we showed so much intensity and ferocity on defense in the first half too.

DMC
01-18-2012, 10:37 AM
See, it isn't even because Lebron started making shots or everyone on the Heat for that matter. Right into the 3rd quarter no one could make a damn shot. It was a clank after every friggin clank and nothing would roll in. Defense looked terrible, it was a massive turn around from the first half and I don't know what caused that. It definitely wasn't because of the Heat since we showed so much intensity and ferocity on defense in the first half too.

It was all about making shots for Miami. Most of the time you will take them pulling up in transition from outside the arc. Last night they made those shots, but Mike Miller isn't going to go 6/6 again this year and I doubt Lebron goes on a tear like that for a while. Too many things at once to contend with.

Sometimes you just got your ass handed to you, and you have to man up and admit it.

Horse
01-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Thomas was a superstar.
He's talking about '04 dickhead!

cd98
01-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Please. It's obvious that this is a mediocre Spurs team. In a regular season, you will have wins and losses that don't always add up. Heck, even the worst team in the NBA will win at least some games. And even the best team in the NBA will lose some games.

The real focus we need to have is that our team is in decline and needs to rebuild. Because we are small market, rebuilding won't come through free agency; it will only come through the draft. So I cheer for every Spurs loss because it just means a better draft position next year in a very deep draft. We have some decent young pieces, but we are a new superstar away from winning a title. This team has no superstars anymore and the only way we'll get one is through the draft.

Spurtacus
01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Let's not get all suicidal over a regular season game.

The 1st half lead was superficial. We played soft the entire game, they just were missing shots.

And getting a lot of favorable calls in the first quarter.

acoelho1
01-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Thomas was a superstar.

You need to read more carefully. I was speaking of the 03-04 Pistons. No Isaiah Thomas on that team unless he was impersonating C. Billups.

DMC
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Please. It's obvious that this is a mediocre Spurs team. In a regular season, you will have wins and losses that don't always add up. Heck, even the worst team in the NBA will win at least some games. And even the best team in the NBA will lose some games.

The real focus we need to have is that our team is in decline and needs to rebuild. Because we are small market, rebuilding won't come through free agency; it will only come through the draft. So I cheer for every Spurs loss because it just means a better draft position next year in a very deep draft. We have some decent young pieces, but we are a new superstar away from winning a title. This team has no superstars anymore and the only way we'll get one is through the draft.

The bright side is we're almost out of decline. We are nearing the valley, which could be long and flat.

Once Tim's contract is up, we have to rebuild if we are serious about winning another championship and even then the odds are heavily against us. Owners might choose to keep familiar names around to sell seats.

DMC
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
And getting a lot of favorable calls in the first quarter.
There were ample opportunities for the Spurs to jump out, but they kept making mistakes. Not all of the calls were bogus, some were, but surely you've grown to expect that on the road.

xmas1997
01-18-2012, 02:29 PM

This is basically what I have been saying, and it was exposed when Manu went down. So the sooner the Spurs begin, the better, especially with this draft.