PDA

View Full Version : We're taking this shit Sunday

baseline bum
06-18-2005, 04:41 AM
No way this team is losing Sunday. There's no way Tim Duncan is letting our boys go out like this. Games 3 and 4 were embarrasments, but game 5 is going to be one Spurs fans will remember 20 years down the line as one of the great moments in the history of this proud franchise.

If Detroit wins game 5, I want my title to be Detroit's Bitch until June 18th, 2006. Rest assured I'll be here if worst comes to worst. But also know that Tim Duncan will show he's the greatest power forward in NBA history Sunday, Tuesday, and possibly Thursday. These are the biggest games of his career, and there's no way he doesn't show you exactly who he is in them. 2 Time MVP... 2 time Finals MVP... 8 time All-NBA First Teamer... first ballot hall-of-famer... top PF in NBA history.

Detroit, you've said your piece and you're an amazing team, but I'm never betting against this guy. Timmy Ballgame ain't to be flexed with.

http://membres.lycos.fr/jujoseph/Tim_Duncan_and_the_MVP_Trophy_05.05.03.jpg http://membres.lycos.fr/jujoseph/Duncan_poses_with_MVP_Trophy.jpg
http://www.hhweb.com/photos/nba2003champs/Tim_Duncan_W_Trophy4_small.jpghttp://www.matichon.co.th/newsphoto/youth/you30130744p1.jpg http://www.hhweb.com/photos/nba2003champs/Tim_Duncan_W_Trophies_small.jpg

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-18-2005, 06:55 AM
I think a few Pistons have something to say about that...........

JamStone
06-18-2005, 07:55 AM
ummmmmmmm ok ...

NameDropper
06-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Rumor has it more Spurs fans are scared shitless than will admit it.

ObiwanGinobili
06-18-2005, 08:05 AM
I can't believe for 1 secound that we will lose on Sunday. And especially not the way we lost this last game. (oh my god lets not even bring it up)

I loved the way Tim was talkign after game 4.. it shows he;s the man.. a leader!

that being said. If (if if if ) we lose game 5 then i will be sorely sorely sorely disappointed. But I still won't be killing myslef or jumping off any "wagons". I may be a woman but I ain't no pussy.

SoundTheToll
06-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Its funny how both sides are certain that their team will win game 5. All I know is that the Pistons better win, or else its over. There's no way they win 2 in SA.

Nocioni
06-18-2005, 08:59 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/BenW_295_050616.jpg
Bring it all Big ben is waiting at the palace
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/__breaktown/Pistons/palace.bmp
http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/SASDET_050616_031.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/__breaktown/Pistons/benduncan.bmp
http://img293.echo.cx/img293/8992/aduncan3724fi.jpg

boutons
06-18-2005, 09:05 AM
I have no doubt that, effectively, Game5 W = Title

The Spurs have 2 days to study 96 minutes of file to see exactly "What Went Wrong" and to come up with counter-moves.

The Pistons are simply not so superior that the Spurs can't beat them.

td4mvp21
06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
I hope your right baseline bum, it will be very disappointing to see this team lose after all its gone through. It's going to be tough for the Spurs to win, very tough. Hopefully they can make adjustments and find a way to win.

boutons
06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
And fuck you to hell, Pop, if your message, even hinted, to Tim is "Well, Tim, not this year. They're too strong".

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-18-2005, 09:20 AM
I have no doubt that, on Sunday, two teams will play basketball. How can anyone say with confidence who will win after what we witnessed in the first 4 games?

samikeyp
06-18-2005, 09:32 AM
How can anyone say with confidence who will win after what we witnessed in the first 4 games?

very true.

Brandon361
06-18-2005, 09:35 AM
its going to be about turnovers

ducks
06-18-2005, 09:38 AM
I am confident the spurs are going to win

DUNCAN FLAT OUT SAID TP IS GOING TO BE BRING IT. DUNCAN HAS FAITH
Pistons are losers in game 5

Marklar MM
06-18-2005, 10:03 AM
"Both teams played hard. Both teams played hard."

admack
06-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Its good to see some people here still have a little faith in the talents of the big fundamental.

Ishta
06-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Its good to see some people here still have a little faith in the talents of the big fundamental.
Mine never left....Game 5 is ours :makemyday

06-18-2005, 10:26 AM

I don't think his talent was/will be ever in question. They question his heart and leadership...

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 10:33 AM
If Detroit wins game 5, I want my title to be Detroit's Bitch until June 18th, 2006. Rest assured I'll be here if worst comes to worst. But also know that Tim Duncan will show he's the greatest power forward in NBA history Sunday, Tuesday, and possibly Thursday. These are the biggest games of his career, and there's no way he doesn't show you exactly who he is in them. 2 Time MVP... 2 time Finals MVP... 8 time All-NBA First Teamer... first ballot hall-of-famer... top PF in NBA history.

Now that's a take.

Dude puts his Title on the line. Props to Baseline Bum.

Why couldn't T Park do this?

Because he's a sniveling little bitch, that's why.

duncan_21
06-18-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't think his talent was/will be ever in question. They question his heart and leadership...

He's got heart, it's his vocal leadership I'm worried about. He still has more rings then gap tooth, fro, mask, raweed each have.

However he doesn't have a retarded belt, he's got 2 finals mvp awards.

SequSpur
06-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Shit, when Ben Wallace is dropping fucking 18 footers and the Spurs are getting fucking hacked in the paint all night with just a few calls, it was time to go to game 5. Duncan just fucking realized it in the first quarter.

I mean, wtf. The NBA needs this series to last, drain all the fucking money they can. Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan are probably the top 3 out of 4 players in this series and they are getting assraped on the offensive end.

Parker is getting bumped all the way down the court, that's a fucking foul.

Pistons are not playing any perimeter defense, that shit is illegal.

Duncan is getting held by his shirt and shorts when he is in the paint. He doesn't usually play like a 6 footer.

Ginobili is getting denied any driving lane by sudden illegal blocks.

I mean wtf do you expect? Stevie Wonder could see that and that mofo is fucking blind.

No fucking way are the Pistons 50+ points better in 2 games.

Again, I keep saying this over and over and over again, the NBA is turning into Wrestling.

Also, why in the fuck am I hearing about Kobe and Phil Jackson?

I am quite sure, no one in San Antonio or Detroit gives a fuck about the Lakers.......

Fuck the NBA.

2centsworth
06-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Tim will be known as the "Big Softie" if things don't change.

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 10:37 AM

Well, I would never question Tim's heart. He practically took over game 6 on the road against a physical Sonics team, with two injured ankles. :wow

Now, if Tim sulks again in Game 5, I think the Leadership questions have merit.

But you have to remember, Tony and Manu can also take over a game at any time. Horry wants that 6th Ring. Bruce is no slouch, either.

I like our chances: 3 games left, 2 in SA. It's a brand new series, tied 0-0.

Bring it!

SequSpur
06-18-2005, 10:37 AM
One thing I would like to see is Tim Duncan bulk up a little. He could use it.

SequSpur
06-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Game 3: Mohammed-2 fouls, Duncan-1 foul in the first fucking 2 minutes and they hadn't even started playing defense yet.

The NBA is fucking stupid.

06-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Shit, when Ben Wallace is dropping fucking 18 footers and the Spurs are getting fucking hacked in the paint all night with just a few calls, it was time to go to game 5. Duncan just fucking realized it in the first quarter.

I mean, wtf. The NBA needs this series to last, drain all the fucking money they can. Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan are probably the top 3 out of 4 players in this series and they are getting assraped on the offensive end.

Duncan is getting held by his shirt and shorts when he is in the paint. He doesn't usually play like a 6 footer.

I mean wtf do you expect? Stevie Wonder could see that and that mofo is fucking blind.

Again, I keep saying this over and over and over again, the NBA is turning into Wrestling.

I am quite sure, no one in San Antonio or Detroit gives a fuck about the Lakers.......

Fuck the NBA.

Need a tissue? And don't you owe me a shirt or a hat?

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Tim will be known as the "Big Softie" if things don't change.

I'm calling bullshit on that. How is Tim Duncan soft? Because he doesn't get ejected? Oh, wait, he has. Because he doesn't take hits and finish 3 point plays? Oh, wait, he does.

Calling Tim "soft" is just another way of saying he had a bad game.

And those don't happen very often...

I think Game 6 against the Sonics proved Tim isn't soft.

SequSpur
06-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Need a tissue? And don't you owe me a shirt or a hat?

I ain't crying. I am a judicial witness to the Bullshit of the NBA.

Send me your address.

06-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Well, I would never question Tim's heart. He practically took over game 6 on the road against a physical Sonics team, with two injured ankles. :wow

Now, if Tim sulks again in Game 5, I think the Leadership questions have merit.

But you have to remember, Tony and Manu can also take over a game at any time. Horry wants that 6th Ring. Bruce is no slouch, either.

I like our chances: 3 games left, 2 in SA. It's a brand new series, tied 0-0.

Bring it!

Replace heart in my previous post with psyche. Sound about right?

Ishta
06-18-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm calling bullshit on that. How is Tim Duncan soft? Because he doesn't get ejected? Oh, wait, he has. Because he doesn't take hits and finish 3 point plays? Oh, wait, he does.

I totally agree with you on this MadDog...Calling Tim soft is about as stupid as it gets...I guess next people will be saying he's really not that good...Give me a FUCKING break people...It was a BAD game.

2centsworth
06-18-2005, 10:47 AM

calm down a bit a listen. Seattle made it a series because they could man handle tim, before they did that the spurs won by 20 or so a game.

Any 7 footer who continues to take fadaway 3fts is going to be perceived as soft.

However, it's just two games, but if things don't change his name around the league will be the "big softie".

Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix lost with more dignity and heart than what the spurs are showing right now.

06-18-2005, 10:48 AM
I ain't crying. I am a judicial witness to the Bullshit of the NBA.

Send me your address.

I've been saying it for a while now, the officiating in this postseason has been brutal. No consistency from game to game, shit from possession to possession.

But both teams have benefited from it in this series so it isn't like they are favoring one team i.e. Lakers.

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 10:50 AM
calm down a bit a listen. Seattle made it a series because they could man handle tim, before they did that the spurs won by 20 or so a game.

Any 7 footer who continues to take fadaway 3fts is going to be perceived as soft.

However, it's just two games, but if things don't change his name around the league will be the "big softie".

Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix lost with more dignity and heart than what the spurs are showing right now.

"Soft" because Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace are blocking shots and forcing Tim turnovers? Maybe some people will call that "soft", I just call it being outplayed.

Shit, I hope people do call him soft. That will just make him angry. And they won't like him when he's angry....

2centsworth
I've been saying it for a while now, the officiating in this postseason has been brutal. No consistency from game to game, shit from possession to possession.

But both teams have benefited from it in this series so it isn't like they are favoring one team i.e. Lakers.
all this crying is killing me, play like f'n men. Spurs fan just looking for another excuse for this team getting bitch slapped.

baseline bum
You can't question the heart of a motherfucker who comes 2 blocks from a quadruple double while leading his team from 10 down in the fourth quarter to win game 6 of the NBA Finals. Fuck all of you who call his heart into question. You're going to learn Sunday night.

SequSpur
06-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Where does all this heart shit come from?

Someone needs to show their balls and discard the shrinkage factor and kick some fucking ass.

Oh.. I agree about the Referee Laker Lovin takes too. That's why I preferred a Piston Spurs series rather than a Shaq/Wade Spurs series.

2centsworth
06-18-2005, 10:55 AM
"Soft" because Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace are blocking shots and forcing Tim turnovers? Maybe some people will call that "soft", I just call it being outplayed.

Shit, I hope people do call him soft. That will just make him angry. And they won't like him when he's angry....
How does the suppossedly greatest forward in NBA history get outplayed so bad. Why does the potentially future "Mr. Softie" continue to take soft shots(how many dunks did he have or even attempt?).

He's got Sunday to redeem himself. Again how do you explain 20 pt wins turning into 30 pt losses? No heart is my answer.

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 10:55 AM
You can't question the heart of a motherfucker who comes 2 blocks from a quadruple double while leading his team from 10 down in the fourth quarter to win game 6 of the NBA Finals. Fuck all of you who call his heart into question. You're going to learn Sunday night.

Tell it like it is, baseline. Damn, I'm liking your talk.

2centsworth
06-18-2005, 10:57 AM

We're going to find out. No other tough guys on the team like in '03 and '99 to back him up.

50 pt swings can only happen by bitch slapping the opponent.

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 10:57 AM
How does the suppossedly greatest forward in NBA history get outplayed so bad. Why does the potentially future "Mr. Softie" continue to take soft shots(how many dunks did he have or even attempt?).

He's got Sunday to redeem himself. Again how do you explain 20 pt wins turning into 30 pt losses? No heart is my answer.

I think you're giving Ban and Rasheed too little cradit. This isn't fucking Kenya Martin, dude. These are two of the best defensive players in the NBA defending their title. So, even if Tim loses this matchup, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Tim is still one of the best players in the game... period.

As for "no tough guys"... :wtf

Manu is not tough? Horry? Bruce?

2cent, just because the Spurs got blown out twice doesn't mean the Spurs are pussies or soft or all the other bullshit that gets thrown out by "fans".

Do you think Piston fans were calling Rasheed and Ben soft after Games 1 and 2? And if they were, don't they feel stupid now?

baseline bum
06-18-2005, 11:00 AM
You'll find out. I already know.

2centsworth
06-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I think you're giving Ban and Rashees too little cradit. This isn't fucking Kenya Martin, dude. These are two of the best defensive players in the NBA defending their title. So, even if Tim loses this matchup, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Tim is still one of the best players in the game... period.
You're somewhat right, but if you're going to lose then lose with dignity not by folding.

BTW, if you're a legend you can not be stopped! Ask Michael, Kobe, Snaq, Magic, Barkley etc.. if anyone ever stopped them for a prolonged period of time. Still plenty of time for Tim.

06-18-2005, 11:03 AM
You're somewhat right, but if you're going to lose then lose with dignity not by folding.

BTW, if you're a legend you can not be stopped! Ask Michael, Kobe, Snaq, Magic, Barkley etc.. if anyone ever stopped them for a prolonged period of time. Still plenty of time for Tim.

2004?

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Shit, all those players were "stopped" at one point or another in their careers. But no one remembers Kobe being held to 20 points in 2003 when the Spurs blew out the Lakers. (I know, 20 sounds like a lot, but he shot a lot to get those 20).

But I think we both agree: These last two games do not define Tim. This series does not define him. The motherfucker already has two Championships, 2 Final MVPs. More will come, as you say, he has plenty of time.

But I'm betting they come sooner than later! :smokin

2centsworth
06-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Shit, all those players were "stopped" at one point or another in their careers. But no one remembers Kobe being held to 20 points in 2003 when the Spurs blew out the Lakers. (I know, 20 sounds like a lot, but he shot a lot to get those 20).

But I think we both agree: These last two games do not define Tim. This series does not define him. The motherfucker already has two Championships, 2 Final MVPs. More will come, as you say, he has plenty of time.

But I'm betting they come sooner than later! :smokin
One or Two games ok but if it turns into Four games then he's "Mr. Softie". If he plays tough and the spurs still lose, and then it's just that detroit is better. These 30 pt blowouts are for wimps.

2centsworth
06-18-2005, 11:16 AM
You'll find out. I already know.
let me be on record as not predicting anything. I hope you're right.

E20
06-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Tim Duncan ain't having no bad game niether is Ginobili or Parker!!
No one can't mess Tim 'MVP' Duncan he's gonna go off on the city of Detroit!!!

Translation:
Spurs are gonna fucking OWN THE PISTONS. It's already over!!!!!
http://img237.echo.cx/img237/8731/img79587992du.jpg

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 11:47 AM
let me be on record as not predicting anything. I hope you're right.

:lol Do you really have to be "on the record" to not predict anything?

geerussell
06-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I totally agree with you on this MadDog...Calling Tim soft is about as stupid as it gets...I guess next people will be saying he's really not that good...Give me a FUCKING break people...It was a BAD game.

No, it was three bad games. At the very least it was three very un-duncanlike performances.

Game 1: 24-17
Game 2: 18-11
Game 3: 14-10
Game 4: 16-16

It got drowned out because the spurs won in a blowout but the trends in games 3 and 4 had their roots in game 2. Duncans numbers started to decline. The spurs were outrebounded. The pistons took more shots. McDyess busted out. All this in the big spurs win. The only missing piece was Ben Wallace stepping up and brining the energy, once he did that the spurs were sent reeling.

Don't expect anything different for the rest of the series. The spurs have been solved.

DDS4
06-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Face it, Tim can win a gajillion titles and some people will still think he's soft.

And in my opinion, game 5 is a tossup. You have Piston's momentum vs. Spurs appropriate fear.

MadDog73
06-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Don't expect anything different for the rest of the series. The spurs have been solved.

Gee, I hope all the Pistons are feeling this way! They'll never know what hit them...

:elephant

PistonFreak
06-18-2005, 11:55 AM

Fuck the NBA.

ROFLAO....Spurs in 4.........LOL :rolleyes

ObiwanGinobili
06-18-2005, 12:16 PM

I totally agree. It almost seems as tho the league were trying to drag this series out. I can honestly say that game 2 wwas calle dbadly againstthe Pistons, and game 4 was called atrociously against the Spurs.
Watching these 2 games specifically how can Stern say there is no problem with the refs??

All i know is, game4 I saw that Bavetta was on the floor and I knew right then that it was the Piston's game.

Das Texan
06-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Great players win big games.

There is no better player than Tim Duncan on the floor.

Tim Duncan is going to take the team and tell them to ride his back. Great players carry their teams in big games.

There will be big shots made by other players, but in the end, no player will have greater numbers than Tim Duncan tomorrow.

I want Ginobili to go off, but the simple truth is, Tim Duncan is the San Antonio Spurs. We often forget about him in many ways. He is going to show us just how special of a player he is for all the reasons baseline bum said.

Duncan may again approach that quad double of game 6 versus New Jersey. Let the Pistons bring all their thuggish gangster shit to the floor in game 5, along with that zoo of an arena, along with the only announcer to get camera time in NBA history that I can recall. Who cares. Great players win. There will be no Dick Bavetta or Bennett Salvatore tomorrow to assrape the spurs. Its on.

Believe

Ishta
06-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Great players win big games.

There is no better player than Tim Duncan on the floor.

Tim Duncan is going to take the team and tell them to ride his back. Great players carry their teams in big games.

There will be big shots made by other players, but in the end, no player will have greater numbers than Tim Duncan tomorrow.

I want Ginobili to go off, but the simple truth is, Tim Duncan is the San Antonio Spurs. We often forget about him in many ways. He is going to show us just how special of a player he is for all the reasons baseline bum said.

Duncan may again approach that quad double of game 6 versus New Jersey. Let the Pistons bring all their thuggish gangster shit to the floor in game 5, along with that zoo of an arena, along with the only announcer to get camera time in NBA history that I can recall. Who cares. Great players win. There will be no Dick Bavetta or Bennett Salvatore tomorrow to assrape the spurs. Its on.

BelieveCouldn't have said it any better myself.....http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiking.gif
Go Spurs Go

BELIEVE

geerussell
06-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I totally agree. It almost seems as tho the league were trying to drag this series out. I can honestly say that game 2 wwas calle dbadly againstthe Pistons, and game 4 was called atrociously against the Spurs.
Watching these 2 games specifically how can Stern say there is no problem with the refs??

All i know is, game4 I saw that Bavetta was on the floor and I knew right then that it was the Piston's game.

What a difference a day makes. Between games 2 and 3 everyone here said the officiating was great (which it wasn't) and the pistons were crybabies (which they were). Now you have spurs fans echoing Rasheed Wallace's conspiracy theories.

http://www.freep.com/photos/2005/pistons0614/06pistons0614.jpg

smeagol
06-18-2005, 03:50 PM
What bugs me the most is that the idiots that are quick to label TD as a "softie" are going to be celebrating with the rest of the Spurs fan in a couple of days.

You "soft" fans should not be allowed to go to the parade. Moreso, you should be forced to root for the Hawks for a year.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Duncan or Ginobili need to dunk on someone EARLY in this game, I think if we can get that done, it will give the spurs confidence, and it will fire the team up.

Russ
06-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Okay, baseline, good news, bad news . . .

The bad news is you're probably gonna have to be called Detroit's Bitch.

The good news is that the Spurs may (probably will?) win the championship, anyway.

Would you take that outcome? :)

misterduckman
06-18-2005, 05:19 PM
The Spurs Are Dead! They Were Exposed Last Two Games, Cant Play Physical Ball. 7 Detroit Playes In Double Figures Now Thats Team Ball. Spurs Are A Two Man Team, And If You Take Out Ginobilli Its All Over. Detroit Wins And Wraps Up Title In San Antone.

baseline bum
06-18-2005, 05:38 PM
This is the same Detroit team that barely beat Miami with Dwayne Wade at maybe 50% in game 7 and 0% in game 6. This is the same Spurs team that was on pace for 65 wins before the Duncan injury. This is the team that adapted to the cheap shots of Seattle, the thug-ball and run-and-gun of Denver, and outran the Suns in convincing fashion. This team is just better than the Pistons, and it's going to show Sunday and then again Tuesday. After all the Spurs have fought through to get here there's no way they're dropping this thing to a team that backed into the finals. Detroit isn't the 96 Bulls, and they're not even the 2004 Pistons.

whottt
06-18-2005, 05:47 PM
This is the same Detroit team that barely beat Miami with Dwayne Wade at maybe 50% in game 7 and 0% in game 6. This is the same Spurs team that was on pace for 65 wins before the Duncan injury. This is the team that adapted to the cheap shots of Seattle, the thug-ball and run-and-gun of Denver, and outran the Suns in convincing fashion. This team is just better than the Pistons, and it's going to show Sunday and then again Tuesday. After all the Spurs have fought through to get here there's no way they're dropping this thing to a team that backed into the finals. Detroit isn't the 96 Bulls, and they're not even the 2004 Pistons.

:tu

That post doesn't quite have the conviction of Tony Parker you fucking bitch...but I can tell there is a sincere belief in what you say.

pooh
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
This will be the closest game of all the four so far, in my opinion. Detroit has to come out with the same intensity that allowed them to even up the series in order to finish off the Spurs. The Spurs on the other hand, have to re-build their confidence and realize that if they win or lose game five, they can seal the deal at home. If they can't get back their "swagger", they're toast. And Detroit "closes" out series, they don't waste any time either.

slayermin
06-18-2005, 06:37 PM
A seven game series is a roller coaster of emotion. I think the Pistons played at their pinnacle the last two games. They had to play at their best or the series was over.

It's the Spurs turn to answer the call. I think the Pistons will level off a little and the Spurs will play better.

IMO, the Pistons have the pressure. They haven't won in San Antonio in eight years. I expect them to start the game with great energy but I do not expect them to shoot the lights out like they did in game four.

Also, the law of averages is in play here. It doesn't discriminate. They would have to win their third straight against the Spurs. IMO, the Pistons will have to blow out the Spurs. If it's a close game, I think that favors San Antonio. To blow out the Spurs three games in a row would be incredible.

If the Pistons win on Sunday, they would sweep the three middle games in the Finals for the second straight season. They would be the only team to ever sweep the middle three games going back 18 years of playing the 2-3-2 format in the Finals. I do not see that happening either. There is a reason that no team ever did that before last season. It's freakin' difficult.

The Pistons played arguably the best game ever in Finals history. Are they the greatest team ever? No. Was their performance special? yes. I cannot see anyone duplicating that type of performance two games in a row.

The home team received homer treatment as far as the calls went the first four games. I expect the next three to be officiated in more neutral terms. This favors San Antonio. In game four, we went to the line 24 times. It should have been more like 34. The Pistons do not have guys that can take a defender off the dribble like the Spurs, yet they still went to the line 23 times. The Spurs should always have an advantage at the line because of the way TP and Manu attack the basket along with the calls TD usually draws.

Manu and TD are as great as advertised. I don't care what anyone says about TD's heart or Manu's possible injury. To me, TD plays the best when he's contributing in all facets of the game. I mean, a quadruple double tomorrow would be ideal but I'm not brave enough to predict it. Manu doesn't look hurt to me. I think he will be ready.

Yeah, Detroit has heart. Detroit is playing well. But I didn't dig all that confetti after a game four. That was cheezy, imo. I don't recall the Spurs dropping confetti after any big wins during the reg. season or the playoffs. It's about championships and I think the Pistons are just relieved they are tied up 2-2.

I like the Spurs on Sunday. 91-88

ForestBrain
06-18-2005, 06:38 PM
I don't know why, but I keep remembering that Lakers/Spurs series. When the Spurs won the first two, then lost four in a row.
My motto:
Stay humble, expect the worst.
Detroit is a good team, SA is a good team. I have a feeling the next few games will be very closely called, and I have no idea who will win it all.

slayermin
06-18-2005, 06:46 PM
I don't know why, but I keep remembering that Lakers/Spurs series. When the Spurs won the first two, then lost four in a row.

To the Spurs, the Pistons are not the Lakers.

There is a huge difference in playing a team that has beaten you before and a team that has not.

whottt
06-18-2005, 06:57 PM
If you wanna bring up the Lakers bring up the fact that the Spurs were 2-2 against the Lakers the last time we won the title...and we played horribly in LA that year...

Salvatore fouled Drob out in like 12 minutes in one of those games...I'd say we looked about as bad in LA as we do in Detroit...

I think this years team looks a lot more like the 03 team than it does last years team.

geerussell
06-18-2005, 07:10 PM
The Pistons played arguably the best game ever in Finals history. Are they the greatest team ever? No. Was their performance special? yes. I cannot see anyone duplicating that type of performance two games in a row.

Say the pistons come down a little from that high and the spurs come up a little from that low... ok, now you're back to game 3 levels and it's still ugly for the spurs.

The Spurs should always have an advantage at the line because of the way TP and Manu attack the basket along with the calls TD usually draws.

That would be true... except the pistons have closed the lane. TP and Manu looked for penetration but the openings just weren't there. There is an intimidation factor going on here when they try to penetrate that's causing them to bail out because they don't want their shot blocked or to end up on the floor again even if they get the foul call.

Yeah, Detroit has heart. Detroit is playing well. But I didn't dig all that confetti after a game four. That was cheezy, imo. I don't recall the Spurs dropping confetti after any big wins during the reg. season or the playoffs. It's about championships and I think the Pistons are just relieved they are tied up 2-2.

Confetti? You think the team notices or cares? Seriously, do you? The palace drops it for the fans after every win. Fans get pumped about every victory and celebrate it, players go back to the locker room hungry for the next one. You'd be making a big mistake to confuse the two.

SpursWoman
06-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey, man....GTFO of our Rah!Rah! thread, fucker! :flipoff

:lol

pooh
06-18-2005, 07:35 PM
haha

ForestBrain
06-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Hm, from the media you would get Spurs fans are great, and Pistons fans are terrible. I'm sick of this holier-than-thou Spurs fans thing. I've been on both boards, and the Pistons fans are about ten times nicer. pff, I'm not going to gloat about my team, I'm not going to be a jerk, I walk with trepidation concerning my team and know that anything can happen. I don't treat the other teams fans meanly or anything when their team wins. The whole Lakers thing sucked. The refs gave them that series.
In all honesty, in this series, the refs have helped the Spurs out a bit. It's because Detroit has the rep of being dirty (which their not, they just play hard). The last game was called fairly, if the rest can be like that (concerning calls) then everything will be fair, no matter who wins or loses.
I think the Spurs are a great team, and I'm being completely honest.

boutons
06-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Fuck all you trolls.

You say hear to say absolutely nothing except Pistons good/Spurs bad.

How can you holier-than-thou nit-wits think you're going to convice anybody here over to your side? You know you won't.

You're here with nothing but bad will to get in the face of the Spurs fans here and trash the Spurs and pimp your team.

We're not all choirboys here, so STFU and GTFO.

I KNOW the Pistons are a great team, but I don't go say that on a Pistons board "in all honestly". GMAFB with your pretensions of good will here.

slayermin
06-18-2005, 08:35 PM
That would be true... except the pistons have closed the lane. TP and Manu looked for penetration but the openings just weren't there. There is an intimidation factor going on here when they try to penetrate that's causing them to bail out because they don't want their shot blocked or to end up on the floor again even if they get the foul call.

There were some calls against TP & Manu that were not called in game four, that I have a feeling will be called in game five. Pistons got away with some interesting strips. A few calls against Detroit will calm that crap down.

jalbre6
06-18-2005, 08:40 PM
There were some calls against TP & Manu that were not called in game four, that I have a feeling will be called in game five. Pistons got away with some interesting strips. A few calls against Detroit will calm that crap down.

We flop. They hack.
Relying on the infinite wisdom of NBA officials is not the way to get things done. Causing more then four turnovers is.

slayermin
06-18-2005, 09:23 PM
We flop. They hack.
Relying on the infinite wisdom of NBA officials is not the way to get things done. Causing more then four turnovers is.

Hacking causes many more turnovers. The Spurs should use the same tactics unless they start calling the game tighter. That is one way to be more physical.

I am watching game five from the 2003 Finals and damn, I miss Speedy. Eerily, Lindsay Hunter's play in game four, reminds of the way Speedy played during our '03 title run.

2centsworth
06-19-2005, 09:12 AM
What bugs me the most is that the idiots that are quick to label TD as a "softie"

what bugs me most is people who don't know how to read. If Tim continues to play the way he has many people will call him "Mr. Softie". The operative word being continues.

MadDog73
06-19-2005, 09:20 AM
The Spurs Are Dead! They Were Exposed Last Two Games, Cant Play Physical Ball.

I love this mis-perception that the Spurs can't play physical.

Like Nazr, Tim, and Manu are soft bitches or something.

I'll admit, they have not been physical enough the last two games. But it would be a huge mistake by Piston fans to assume the Spurs are soft.

I honestly don't know who will win tonight, but I expect the Spurs to put up a fight for a close game, no matter what.

As for closing it out in San Antonio, well, let's just say SA has not been kind to Detroit and leave it at that! :lol

cherylsteele
06-19-2005, 11:21 AM

Mine never left......his talents are still there...he just needs to refocus.

Actually Manu in many ways is more important in this sereis/game than Timmy.....he must play smarter/better.

geerussell
06-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Like Nazr, Tim, and Manu are soft bitches or something.

No one would ever say that about Tim (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ShyZl3YWFK4J:www.xtcian.com/vagisil.jpg) or Manu. (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:m8gbuXgfjncJ:www.yopi.de/images/prod_pics/49/e/49489.jpg)

SpursWoman
06-19-2005, 11:53 AM
No one would ever say that about Tim (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ShyZl3YWFK4J:www.xtcian.com/vagisil.jpg) or Manu. (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:m8gbuXgfjncJ:www.yopi.de/images/prod_pics/49/e/49489.jpg)

I've heard a million and one reasons why many think Tim is soft....but care to elaborate on the Manu = Charmin reference?

whottt
06-19-2005, 11:59 AM
I think it has something to do with when they asked Manu after games 1 and 2 if he liked wiping his ass more with the Pistons, or Charmin...he said Charmin. Pistons and their fans have been upset every since...

baseline bum
06-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Duncan's bringing this back home with a 3-2 lead.

SPARKY
06-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Duncan's bringing this back home with a 3-2 lead.

Amen. Hope Piston Fan doesn't hurt themselves jumping onto the Spurs bandwagon...

twincam
06-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I just don't understand that majority of you.

How can you give up on the Spurs?
"IF" they fall in game 5, you're calling it quits?
Loyal Spurs fans my ass!
Get off the "wagon" and get into gear!
You guys/gals need to wake up and realize that when Detriot lost their first two games against San Antonio...you thought it was all over! Well, you're wrong...Detroit won the next two. It's now tied 2-2. Even if the Spurs lose tonight...it's not over. Do you actually think they'll just fold and lose in San Antonio? It's the NBA FINALS people...wake up!
San Antonio is in a slump...they know what needs to be done...and it's all up to them to fix it.
Forget the prayers, lucky charms, voodoo, etc...that will NOT get it done!
It's all about DEFENSE and POISE!

Yes, I'm repeating myself with that once again...
DEFENSE and POISE!

Where's your heart !!!???
nuff said!

twincam
06-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Bump!

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2005, 06:46 PM
How about Ben (http://www.drugs-plaza.com/pictures/funny/big_weed_joint.jpg) or Sheed (http://www.drbongs.com/product_descriptions/bongs/images/ceramic_bongs_ball_bong_with_leaf_big.jpg) ?

geerussell
06-19-2005, 06:52 PM
How about Ben (http://www.drugs-plaza.com/pictures/funny/big_weed_joint.jpg) or Sheed (http://www.drbongs.com/product_descriptions/bongs/images/ceramic_bongs_ball_bong_with_leaf_big.jpg) ?

How about that new spurs logo? (http://www.gsmvc.org/images/MainCircleJpg.jpg)

baseline bum
06-19-2005, 11:54 PM
BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/RHorryGW_295_050619.jpg

Wait! That ain't it... damn you NBA.com!

baseline bum
06-19-2005, 11:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/HorryDunk2_295_050619.jpg

violentkitten
06-19-2005, 11:57 PM
awesome. you the man.

:makemyday

hey piston fan, i think sheed needs some of that vagisil. oops.

baseline bum
06-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Here we go! For the win!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050620/capt.dtp12906200441.nba_finals_dtp129.jpg

For the motherfucking win!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050620/capt.dtp12906200441.nba_finals_dtp129.jpg

One more time!

Rob, you're the only man I've ever wanted to kiss!

Spurminator
06-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Where does Horry's dunk rank among the all-time greatest dunks in Finals history?

Where does his 3-pointer rank in terms of most important/clutch?

And has anyone had two plays like that back to back?

timvp
06-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Baseline was on the money.

:smokin

T Park
06-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Horry's shooting tonight, IMO, ranks up with Steve Kerr's performance in game 6 against Dallas.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-20-2005, 03:26 AM
Horry's shooting tonight, IMO, ranks up with Steve Kerr's performance in game 6 against Dallas.

You gave up.

Fuck off.

texbumTHElife
06-20-2005, 03:30 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2005/HorryGW_360_050619.jpg
It used to be .4 that got Spurs fans worked up. Now it will be 7.6 that gets the Pistons hearts racing.

baseline bum
06-20-2005, 03:48 AM

The Spurs needed this one a lot worse than we needed those in game 6. This Detroit team is no joke. The 2003 Mavs weren't title material.