PDA

View Full Version : Greg Popovich and the 2nd half

TDfan2007
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Last night's embarassing 2nd half effort had me wondering why I was surprised. I've been a Spurs fan since 2002, and for as long as I can remember, the Spurs have often struggled when going into halftime with the lead. There are plenty of possible reasons, like overconfidence, an inability to adjust to changes in the opponent's defense, etc., but I know one thing. Throughout all of the many 2nd half meltdowns that I have witnessed (so many of which came against the Phil Jackson coached Laker) the two constants have been Pop and Timmy. This has been a pattern be it the regular season or the playoffs, with or without Manu or Tony. So the question is, why? Why have Pop's teams had such a high tendency to give up big 3rd quarter leads?

Pop was very quick to call his team soft, but perhaps he should look in the mirror first, because such meltdowns are nothing new.

xtremesteven33
01-18-2012, 02:02 PM
It happens to everybody, except Michael Jordan of course

silverblk mystix
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
...cue the Popologists in 3,2,1...

silverblackfan
01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Two words. Shane Battier. The guy is a damn Spurs killer and knows how to affect the teams offense. Always seemed to do it with Houston, last year with Memphis, and now the Heat. Damn.

Wish he was on our team for the mentality alone.

jjktkk
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
...cue the Popologists in 3,2,1...

Why would one apologize for admiring a future hof coach?

silverblk mystix
01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
:lmao Schtiiick to the rescue...PART DEAUX!!!!