PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets and Sixers

rayjayjohnson
01-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Dayum that was some game.

Sixers are dangerous this year for sure.

Killakobe81
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Dayum that was some game.

Sixers are dangerous this year for sure.

They are. Good win for your squad. If you guys did not have all those chinese refugees you guys would be even deeper. Maybe though, some of it was addition by subtraction. Miller didnt he used to play for Philly? He was murdering them cats.

I really like Jrue Holiday too. I would sell Ron Artest's soul to have him run point for us. He is a good defender too ...

Morg1411
01-18-2012, 10:38 PM
They are. Good win for your squad. If you guys did not have all those chinese refugees you guys would be even deeper. Maybe though, some of it was addition by subtraction. Miller didnt he used to play for Philly? He was murdering them cats.

I really like Jrue Holiday too. I would sell Ron Artest's soul to have him run point for us. He is a good defender too ...

Philly is legit. That team is scary as hell.

rayjayjohnson
01-18-2012, 10:42 PM

chandler's the only one who counts, JR and Kenyon were unrestricted FAs, and I didn't see the nuggs FO resigning

baseline bum
01-19-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm not buying the hype on Philly at all; their schedule has been ridiculously easy so far. Their games have been:

1 @Portland
2 @Phoenix
3 @Utah
4 @Golden State
5 @New Orleans
6 Detroit
7 Toronto
8 Indiana
9 Sacramento
10 @New York
11 Washington
12 @Washington
13 Milwaukee
14 Denver

Look at how many games against shit teams they have played. Not saying they aren't improved from last season, but they should have a really strong record against the doormats of the league.

jeebus
01-19-2012, 12:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos/order/false

They've had the easiest SOS according to Trollinger...

baseline bum
01-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Against teams .500 or better Philly is 1-3, with the win being against Indiana and the losses being to Portland, Utah, and Denver. Hell, they even lost to New York.

rayjayjohnson
01-19-2012, 12:42 AM
it's nice to see people showing up to games tho

DeadlyDynasty
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM

+1...he's quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the league. Would love for The Show to get him

rayjayjohnson
01-19-2012, 04:06 AM
holliday is for real

Xylus
01-19-2012, 05:51 AM
I'm not buying the hype on Philly at all; their schedule has been ridiculously easy so far. Their games have been:

1 @Portland
2 @Phoenix
3 @Utah
4 @Golden State
5 @New Orleans
6 Detroit
7 Toronto
8 Indiana
9 Sacramento
10 @New York
11 Washington
12 @Washington
13 Milwaukee
14 Denver

Look at how many games against shit teams they have played. Not saying they aren't improved from last season, but they should have a really strong record against the doormats of the league.
I see your point, but the two best indicators of a really good team are:

1. Point Differential (+13.5)
2. Beating teams they're supposed to beat

Sixers are performing very well in both areas. By the way, they beat Indiana, who are 9-4.

baseline bum
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
I see your point, but the two best indicators of a really good team are:

1. Point Differential (+13.5)
2. Beating teams they're supposed to beat

Sixers are performing very well in both areas. By the way, they beat Indiana, who are 9-4.

The point differential is meaningless on a small sample size like this when schedules aren't anywhere close to being equal. It'll start becoming an important stat 20-30 games from now once team's schedules have started to converge to a mean. I just don't see at all how beating truly awful teams while getting beaten 4/5 by playoff teams would make one predict playoff success.

baseline bum
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
It would be like saying the Spurs will be kicking ass in the playoffs this year, ignoring the fact they have played a really unbalanced schedule with tons of home games so far.

baseline bum
04-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Bump. Told you all the Sixers weren't shit. Glad to be wrong about the Spurs though.