PDA

View Full Version : So once again Bonner gets more minutes than Tiago

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't know how many excuses we can keep making for Pop, but this is just becoming a joke.

Tiago should easily be getting around 30 min a night, and yet he can barely get 20 minutes from Pop. He should demand a trade. :bang

Cry Havoc
01-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Probably the most baffling coaching decision I've ever seen in terms of length and sheer lack of logic. Absolutely inexcusable.

Spurs Brazil
01-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Pathetic. Tiago has to play close to 30 minutes

ElNono
Only to sit Matty after a horrible fuckup that almost costs us the game... just baffling

Cant_Be_Faded
We'd have closed the game out in regulation with rebounding had we not gone small

Cry Havoc
01-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Also notable tonight: Dejuan Blair, who had 8 points and 6 rebounds in 17 minutes, while going 4-7.

Bonner - 20 minutes, 2-5 from the field, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 1 (very lucky) steal. 4. points. 0-3 from downtown. Bonner was out of position on so many rebounds it's a wonder he even knows how to fucking tie his shoes.

Seriously, fuck Pop. Tiago doesn't have any NBA minutes and Blair is as young as his knees will ever be. RUN the horses while we have them. This should be fucking obvious to anyone who's watched more than a season of basketball.

therealtruth
01-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't know how many excuses we can keep making for Pop, but this is just becoming a joke.

Tiago should easily be getting around 30 min a night, and yet he can barely get 20 minutes from Pop. He should demand a trade. :bang

It's obviously because of Bonner's awesome lockdown defense and lights out shooting. If Tiago wants to get more minutes he's got to practice his 3 point shooting.

SequSpur
01-18-2012, 10:06 PM
We won....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Yup, baffling. Play the Brazilian Pop. WTF!?!?!

SenorSpur
01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
It's not as though Tiago was playing poorly either. As a matter of fact, he was holding his own defensively and getting some good work done inside on the offensive end. There's just no way Pop can justify this shit.

Texas_Ranger
01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
but, but, but Matt had +6 today...

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
It's not as though Tiago was playing poorly either. As a matter of fact, he was holding his own defensively and getting some good work done inside on the offensive end. There's just no way Pop can justify this shit.

Exactly, at least in Miami he got in foul trouble quickly, tonight, no excuses whatsoever.

Congrats Spurs, you won in spite of Pop.

acoelho1
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't worry guys. Pop will play Splitter in game 5 of the playoffs when we are down 3 to 1 with Bonner getting beat down the first 4 games of the series.

Buddy Holly
01-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Bonner seriously has dirt on Pop. There's no excuse.

Buddy Holly
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM
I get the feeling Pop is always expecting Bonner to go lights out from the three. IDK...

Russ
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Don't worry guys. Pop will play Splitter in game 5 of the playoffs when we are down 3 to 1 with Bonner getting beat down the first 4 games of the series.

And it willl end in six. :bang

jeebus
01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Bonner - 20 points, 2-5 from the field, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 1 (very lucky) steal. 4. points. 0-3 from downtown. Bonner was out of position on so many rebounds it's a wonder he even knows how to fucking tie his shoes.

Not bad.

Buddy Holly
01-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Not bad.

Not true.

jeebus
01-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Not true.

Cry just said he scored 20 points. Not bad in my book.

angelbelow
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/71/fullj.f51e9d408d69f5e1830ff72b1d4925cd/ap-201201102138778931092.jpg

ElNono

He scored 4 points.

ElNono
01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/71/fullj.f51e9d408d69f5e1830ff72b1d4925cd/ap-201201102138778931092.jpg

Smoke and mirrors... he'll be back playing his 20 mins while Tiago watches from the bench

jeebus
01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
He scored 4 points.

:depressed

Buddy Holly
01-18-2012, 10:36 PM

It's not true though. Bonner scoring 20 points on 2-5 shooting and 0-3 from 3? :lol

jeebus
01-18-2012, 10:38 PM
It's not true though. Bonner scoring 20 points on 2-5 shooting and 0-3 from 3? :lol

He could've made 16 free throws due to his driving to the basket and getting the foul.

:p:

Borosai
01-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Pop is splitting the center minutes between Duncan and Splitter. Unless Duncan sits out a game or it's a blowout, I don't see Splitter getting a ton of minutes. It's the current rotation.

I want to see Splitter play more as well, but that would mean playing him next to Duncan, which sounds great until you see the depth. The Spurs are fine from 1-3. Not so much inside.

timvp
01-18-2012, 11:56 PM

Got damn it Matty, who the hell told you to come out of the game?

therealtruth
01-19-2012, 12:22 AM
I get the feeling Pop is always expecting Bonner to go lights out from the three. IDK...

Even if Bonner is lights out from 3 it's not a good or sustainable way to win. It's like cheating on your homework. It's going to hurt you when you have a test. Winning by playing defense first is like doing your homework. When the test of the playoffs comes you're ready and don't lose in the first round.

Ditty
01-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I believe today had more to do with matchups with Ryan Anderson, but going forward I don't see no reason why Splitter, and Duncan can't play together in clutch time.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM
This is the reason I am pretty close to giving up on being a Spurs fan...

Last season was excruciating to watch, excruciating to remain a Spurs fan....and I have been a Spurs fan since the Spurs were the Dallas Chapparrals and I was a child just discovering basketball...

Every game the Spurs won last year it was the same story...sure it was nice to get a win but Bonner would log 30 minutes and Splitter would be nailed to the goddamn bench and it just killed me to think I was unhappy and unfulfilled ---after a fuckin' win....

A lot of Popologists here gave me shit because I was complaining after a win....and after Pop & company were posting an insanely scorching regular season record, I mean, how could I complain or criticise Pop when the Spurs had the leagues best record....

Anyone who has watched basketball and is a fan and has at least a rudimentary knowledge of the game can see who can play and who cannot right away...I mean c'mon anyone with half a brain can see the obvious...right?

Right?

This is a hall of fame coach, this guy is one of the greatest NBA coaches of all time...seriously..I am being sincere...I really believe that Pop's accomplishments as a coach speak for themselves with no apologies....

Then you see what he is doing with the Bonner/Splitter situation and it makes you just wanna throw a fuckin brick at your flat screen...WTF?

What the fuck has happened to this man in the last 3-4 seasons?

How long before this madness ends?

I can just quit being a Spurs fan, I know, no one is forcing me to watch games in excruciating pain....but I just keep thinking that it is about to finally reach Pop's consciousness...that very , very soon Pop is going to see ENOUGH....
I kept hoping for this ALL LAST SEASON....and it never happened....then all the Popologists
perpetuated the myth that Tiago was injured all last season...or that Bonner is really not that bad....or another one...that Bonner is ok as long as he only plays 5-10 minutes...

Or wait....here's another fave Popologist line: Bonner and Splitter are not directly competing for minutes.....

GIVE ME A FUCKIN' BREAK.....

But....it just does not happen...Pop just REFUSES TO SEE THE OBVIOUS....

FML

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 12:50 AM
I believe today had more to do with matchups with Ryan Anderson, but going forward I don't see no reason why Splitter, and Duncan can't play together in clutch time.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Here's another one.....matchups.....GTFO.....

Pop does not have to fuckin' match up to other teams....

Did you watch the fuckin' second quarter when Splitter was scoring at will inside the paint but fuckin' Parker would not feed him?????

This would have been a PERFECT time for asshole Pop to call a timeout and realize that Splitter had a mismatch and he should have exploited it until the Magic were forced to bring Howard back....

but the insane idiot didn't even realize it and instead he goes back to fuckhead redhead....

FUCK!

NRHector
01-19-2012, 12:52 AM

Last season was excruciating to watch, excruciating to remain a Spurs fan....and I have been a Spurs fan since the Spurs were the Dallas Chapparrals and I was a child just discovering basketball...

Every game the Spurs won last year it was the same story...sure it was nice to get a win but Bonner would log 30 minutes and Splitter would be nailed to the goddamn bench and it just killed me to think I was unhappy and unfulfilled ---after a fuckin' win....

A lot of Popologists here gave me shit because I was complaining after a win....and after Pop & company were posting an insanely scorching regular season record, I mean, how could I complain or criticise Pop when the Spurs had the leagues best record....

Anyone who has watched basketball and is a fan and has at least a rudimentary knowledge of the game can see who can play and who cannot right away...I mean c'mon anyone with half a brain can see the obvious...right?

Right?

This is a hall of fame coach, this guy is one of the greatest NBA coaches of all time...seriously..I am being sincere...I really believe that Pop's accomplishments as a coach speak for themselves with no apologies....

Then you see what he is doing with the Bonner/Splitter situation and it makes you just wanna throw a fuckin brick at your flat screen...WTF?

I can just quit being a Spurs fan, I know, no one is forcing me to watch games in excruciating pain....but I just keep thinking that it is about to finally reach Pop's consciousness...that very , very soon Pop is going to see ENOUGH....
I kept hoping for this ALL LAST SEASON....and it never happened....then all the Popologists
perpetuated the myth that Tiago was injured all last season...or that Bonner is really not that bad....or another one...that Bonner is ok as long as he only plays 5-10 minutes...

Or wait....here's another fave Popologist line: Bonner and Splitter are not directly competing for minutes.....

FML

+1 :toast

200 miles
01-19-2012, 01:55 AM

Right?

FML

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:flag:

200 miles
01-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Fire Pop.
Waive Bonner.
And all is right in the Spurs world again.

objective
01-19-2012, 02:01 AM
remember all the Bonner lovers insisting last year that he was the '5th big'? :lol

And he's STILL ahead of Splitter.

Right now Mahinmi is straight clowning the Spurs' choices like a poor man's Scola. Getting minutes, closing out games, guarding the other team's best scorer . . . damn. He's not special, but even Mahinmi is a giant leap forward from Bonner.

DrSteffo
01-19-2012, 02:25 AM
It's plain stupid. Same old bullshit.

ElNono
01-19-2012, 04:07 AM
remember all the Bonner lovers insisting last year that he was the '5th big'? :lol

:lol

In the last 3 seasons I think I've heard it all...

3 seasons ago:
- He spaces the floor
- Impresses Pop in practices
- He'll get better

2 seasons ago:
- He's a shooter, can't ask him to play D
- If Matt's not there, Tim can't operate, and Tony and Manu can't penetrate
- We should re-sign him, but as the 4th big, 10 mins/game

1 season ago:
- What other 4th/5th big can you get for $3m/season?
- He knows the system
- Tiago will start by the time playoffs roll around
- He's the top 3 point shooter in the NBA when it doesn't matter, you want him to play D too?
- Pop is using him wrong

There's probably more, but I'm too sleepy now.

z0sa
01-19-2012, 04:12 AM
oh no, Bonner played too much and we lost!

wait ...

Redshadows
01-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Pop: Why not keep shooting?!

Bruno
01-19-2012, 05:58 AM
I can see Pop's logic of going with Bonner instead of Splitter in this game.

Splitter/Bonner was matched up against Ryan Anderson. Against him, Splitter post/paint defense and rebounding is quite useless since Anderson is mostly on the perimeter. To defend him, Bonner or even RJ can do the job as well as Splitter. On offense, Bonner can spread the floor which allow to open more the paint for Parker and Duncan. Splitter's offense is weak, he is just a blue collar guy.

I'm not saying that I agree with that, be cause I really don't but that's Pop flawed logic to explain that. I do think the biggest issue with Pop is that he is underrating Splitter's offense. Splitter isn't a gifted scorer but he is an efficient offensive player. He isn't just the "blue collar" guy Pop is referring too.

urunobili
01-19-2012, 06:37 AM
We won....

:rolleyes

TJastal
01-19-2012, 07:39 AM
FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Here's another one.....matchups.....GTFO.....

Pop does not have to fuckin' match up to other teams....

Did you watch the fuckin' second quarter when Splitter was scoring at will inside the paint but fuckin' Parker would not feed him?????

This would have been a PERFECT time for asshole Pop to call a timeout and realize that Splitter had a mismatch and he should have exploited it until the Magic were forced to bring Howard back....

but the insane idiot didn't even realize it and instead he goes back to fuckhead redhead....

FUCK!

Pop is too fucking dumb to realize a mismatch and exploit it. He will continue to do the same thing over and over, like giving Bonner 20+ minutes a game.

BRs.Ganso
01-19-2012, 10:28 AM
wow

what a big basket by Tiago in NBA.com highlights! :lol

SenorSpur
01-19-2012, 10:53 AM

Right?

FML

:toast

Whatever the reasons or predjudice that Pop has for withholding minutes from Splitter appear to be the same reasons that Pop had for subjecting Mahinmi to a similar treatment two seasons ago, when the kid was finally healthy and available. Pop never game him an opportunity to continue his development and how he's flourishing in Dallas.

Pop chose Bonner over Ian then. He chose Bonner over Ian two summers ago, when both were free agents. And now he chooses to dole out the majority of minutes to Bonner over Splitter. Meanwhile, Splitter is demonstrating a high level of confidence and enjoying the most productive period of his pro career.

Who the fuck knows what goes on in that renaissance brain of Pop? I agree that even a novice fan can easily distinguish between those players who can play and those who cannot. It's pretty freaking obvious. Yet Pop seems to either overthink himself or he believes his own bullshit. It's almost as though he is deliberately sabotaging the Spurs season. There's no rhyme or reason for it and it is maddening to watch.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 10:56 AM

Splitter/Bonner was matched up against Ryan Anderson. Against him, Splitter post/paint defense and rebounding is quite useless since Anderson is mostly on the perimeter. To defend him, Bonner or even RJ can do the job as well as Splitter. On offense, Bonner can spread the floor which allow to open more the paint for Parker and Duncan. Splitter's offense is weak, he is just a blue collar guy.

I'm not saying that I agree with that, be cause I really don't but that's Pop flawed logic to explain that. I do think the biggest issue with Pop is that he is underrating Splitter's offense. Splitter isn't a gifted scorer but he is an efficient offensive player. He isn't just the "blue collar" guy Pop is referring too.

This is not called-logic.

This is stupidity.
Splitter took Anderson down on the block and had his way with him everytime....watch the fuckin game. This was right in front of the fuckin' spurs bench...right in front of Pop's stupid face....

Did Pop snap to the fact that these were easy points? Did Pop ever stop to think...hmmm...they don't have ANYONE on the floor that matches up to Splitter right now? Did Pop call a play for him?

No.

You are saying that Pop should instead try to match up to the guy that Splitter is killing...by inserting Bonner to stay with him out on the perimeter.

Brilliant.

Stalin
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM

:lol pop shitting on his son

TJastal
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM

This is stupidity.
Splitter took Anderson down on the block and had his way with him everytime....watch the fuckin game. This was right in front of the fuckin' spurs bench...right in front of Pop's stupid face....

Did Pop snap to the fact that these were easy points? Did Pop ever stop to think...hmmm...they don't have ANYONE on the floor that matches up to Splitter right now? Did Pop call a play for him?

No.

You are saying that Pop should instead try to match up to the guy that Splitter is killing...by inserting Bonner to stay with him out on the perimeter.

Brilliant.

This is 100% 1st team All ST logic. I'd hate to think what 2nd team gets ya.

Horse
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Bonner definetly has pictures of Pop in womens clothing, or in a club with a minor or something. Splitter is young let the fucker play. bonner can't even shoot anymore so what the fuck good is he? Tiago was going off last night when he first came in. He's crafty ass hell and finding his way. I also noticed Kawi out for a long period what's up with that?

Bruno
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM

No, I'm not saying that.

I'm first explaining Pop's logic and then said that it sucks.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 03:42 PM
No, I'm not saying that.

I'm first explaining Pop's logic and then said that it sucks.Nevermind, Bruno. If you aren't frothing at the mouth and ranting insanely, you're an apologist.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Nevermind, Bruno. If you aren't frothing at the mouth and ranting insanely, you're an apologist.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
And? What part of it do you not understand?

TJastal
01-19-2012, 04:01 PM
And? What part of it do you not understand?

Logic dictates you play to your advantage. The advantage was clearly in using Splitter more since he was hot and destroying the magic frontcourt.

As silverblk mystix alluded to, where is the logic to be found for yanking him out of the game at that point?

Please gives us the goods, mr 2nd Team ALL ST.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Logic dictates you play to your advantage. The advantage was clearly in using Splitter more since he was hot and destroying the magic frontcourt.

As silverblk mystix alluded to, where is the logic to be found for yanking him out of the game at that point?

Please gives us the goods, mr 2nd Team ALL ST.It's Pop's logic.

Bruno described Pop's logic.

Bruno did not say he agreed with Pop's logic.

Bruno explicitly said he did not agree with Pop's logic.

Bruno understands the English language better than you.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
It's Pop's logic.

Bruno described Pop's logic.

Bruno did not say he agreed with Pop's logic.

Bruno explicitly said he did not agree with Pop's logic.

Bruno understands the English language better than you.

Then quit calling it logic. It's clearly stupidity.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Then quit calling it logic.It clearly fits one of the many definitions of logic.

You're simply ignorant of that fact. Bruno is not.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 04:15 PM
It clearly fits one of the many definitions of logic.

Clearly.

You guys are just too logical for me. /bow

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 04:15 PM
It clearly fits one of the many definitions of logic.

And I clearly called it stupidity...but refrained from clarifying whose stupidity it was...feeling it was obvious I was referring to Pop.

...but if the shoe fits...

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Clearly.

You guys are just too logical for me. /bowProbably just less hysterical and less ignorant. :toast

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:17 PM
And I clearly called it stupidity...but refrained from clarifying whose stupidity it was...feeling it was obvious I was referring to Pop.

...but if the shoe fits...Who said anything about your post?

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
...but if the shoe fits...

What up Cinderella? :lol

TJastal
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Probably just less hysterical and less ignorant. :toast

/applaud

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 04:22 PM

Please gives us the goods, mr 2nd Team ALL ST.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Who said anything about your post?

see above...

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:23 PM
...Oh, so do you know what Bruno means by logic or not?

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh, so do you know what Bruno means by logic or not?

Of course not...I never claimed to be as smart as a Popologist.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:25 PM
:madrunSee what I mean, Bruno?

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Of course not...I never claimed to be as smart as a Popologist.

Good to see that you have some sense.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for showing up, 2nd teamer. Do we have a 3rd teamer ready? Manu4tres?

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for showing up, 2nd teamer. Do we have a 3rd teamer ready? Manu4tres?Thanks for being an ignorant ass, and for being wrong.

Again.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 04:31 PM
It is good that you showed up here Cumdumpster, it gives me a little more respect for you and it is good that you are fully admitting to being a first team Popologist...

I haven't forgotten how much you defended Bonners minutes over Splitter and Dice all last season...

you pretty much gloated and ridiculed people because the Spurs and Pop posted an impressive regular season record...

then the Memphis massacre happened....and Pop scrambled to throw Splitter into the fire...and all the Popologists...began throwing excuses (Manu, RJ, etc...) like crazy...

Good to see you owning up. :toast

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
:madrunIn your misreading of Bruno's point, you guys just proved once again how little you understand.

explanation < > endorsement

Never has.

You'll never stem your vaginal flow enough to realize that.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Seriously, you guys got owned in English usage by a Frenchman.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM

Nobody got owned, 2nd team.

The disagreement we have is in using the word "logic" in regards to Pop's substitution patterns. At best, there is little rhyme or reason to them, other than Bruno's sophistic explanation that Bonner being a 3pt shooting big himself is therefore best able to cover another 3pt shooting big.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Nobody got owned, 2nd team.

The disagreement we have is in using the word "logic" in regards to Pop's substitution patterns. At best, there is little rhyme or reason to them, other than Bruno's sophistic explanation that Bonner being a 3pt shooting big himself is therefore best able to cover another 3pt shooting big.Sorry, it's logic. The term was appropriate and properly used.

You were just ignorant of that definition.

Bruno owned you. Decisively.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Sorry, it's logic. The term was appropriate and properly used.

You were just ignorant of that definition.

Bruno owned you.

Splitter is proving himself quite nimble and able to defend even perimeter players. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to the substitution. Unless I'm missing something. Give us the goods, 2nd team.

shraediggz
01-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Fire Pop.
Waive Bonner.
And all is right in the Spurs world again.

You forgot to throw RJ under the bus...

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Splitter is proving himself quite nimble and able to defend even perimeter players. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to the substitution. Unless I'm missing smoething. Give us the goods, 2nd team.They have already been given.

You're missing something.

Bruno
01-19-2012, 04:56 PM
:corn:

biskvito
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
You know they say as you get old you just don't give a fuck anymore.

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 05:00 PM

Dex
01-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Just to offer a different perspective on this clusterfuck of an argument....logic can be a relative term. What's "logical" for person A may not be "logical" for person B, but it's still person A's "logic".

Since we apparently have to go as far as busting out definitions...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/logic

log·ic
   [loj-ik]
noun
a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.

Whether you agree or disagree with Pop's logic, it's still Pop's logic. You may think its stupidity...but that's not even your logic, that's another English word called "opinion".

I sincerely hope we don't have to break down "opinion" next.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
They have already been given.

Oh right, it's called logic. You and Bruno like to use that word to describe Pop's thought process.

Like how he needed Bonner in the game to guard Anderson because Bonner shoots 3's too.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM

You don't even know what the fuck your laughing at, do you?

z0sa
a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.

take a real close look at this one, tjastal

ChumpDumper
Oh right, it's called logic. You and Bruno like to use that word to describe Pop's thought process.

Like how he needed Bonner in the game to guard Anderson because Bonner shoots 3's too.You were actually missing an explicit explanation that was spoon fed to you.

Now, Dex just shoved it down your throat.

Are you going to spit it out again?

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Just to offer a different perspective on this clusterfuck of an argument....logic can be a relative term. What's "logical" for person A may not be "logical" for person B, but it's still person A's "logic".

Since we apparently have to go as far as busting out definitions...

log·ic
   [loj-ik]
noun

Whether you agree or disagree with Pop's logic, it's still Pop's logic. You may think its stupidity...but that's not even your logic, that's another English word called "opinion".

I sincerely hope we don't have to break down "opinion" next.

You might have to, stay tuned. :lol

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:05 PM
You don't even know what the fuck your laughing at, do you?I'm thinking he does.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
What else can Popologists do?
Just play the semantics game since their defense of Bonner over Splitter was exposed last season and this season so far...

Just keep defending the insane coach...and keep worrying about semantics...

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
:madrunSo do you understand what Bruno meant by logic?

Yes or no.

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 05:13 PM
You don't even know what the fuck your laughing at, do you?

Now your a mindreader too. :lol. Okay I'll clarify my laughter: I'm laughing at you. Feel better now? :lol

TJastal
01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
What else can Popologists do?
Just play the semantics game since their defense of Bonner over Splitter was exposed last season and this season so far...

Just keep defending the insane coach...and keep worrying about semantics...

Pretty sad when the 1st and 2nd team All ST resort to semantics to make themselves believe they have won an argument.

I'm sure they will continue to "see" Pop's "logic". Next time Matt Bonner is subbed into the game for Splitter to guard that perimeter 4 I'm sure they'll be saying "See! I can see why Pop did that. We needed Matt Bonner to guard that perimeter guy!"

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Pretty sad when the 1st and 2nd team All ST resort to semantics to make themselves believe they have won an argument.

I'm sure they will continue to "see" Pop's "logic". Next time Matt Bonner is subbed into the game to guard that perimeter 4 I'm sure they'll be saying "See! I can see why Pop did that. We needed Matt Bonner to guard that perimeter guy!"You still have no understanding of what Bruno said.

silverblk mystix
So do you understand what Bruno meant by logic?

Yes or no.

Yes.
What's not to understand? Is logic now supposed to be something complicated?

Do you understand that I said that this was not logic-that it was stupidity that Pop was guilty of?

Yes or No.

z0sa
The only logic that exists is my own.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes.
What's not to understand? Is logic now supposed to be something complicated?

Do you understand that I said that this was not logic-that it was stupidity that Pop was guilty of?

Yes or No.I understand what you were trying to say. Unfortunately, you were wrong because you didn't know the definition of the word logic.

Made you look stupid tbh.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I understand what you were trying to say. Unfortunately, you were wrong because you didn't know the definition of the word logic.

Made you look stupid tbh.

So where is this lack of understanding of the word logic that I allegedly failed to understand?

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
So where is this lack of understanding of the word logic that I allegedly failed to understand?You just showed it again.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
I gotta hand it to Bruno, he clowned the shit out of these guys while actually agreeing with them.

:clap

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Pretty sad when, over the top, drama queens, like myself and silverblk mystix, can't get people on here to see what a idiot of a coach Pop is.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Show me where you are referring to ...where is it written that I don't know the definition of the word logic?

Be specific.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Show me where you are referring to ...where is it written that I don't know the definition of the word logic?

Be specific.You need it to be written for you?

OK.

silverblk mystix doesn't know the meaning of the word logic.

Hope this helps.

Link to follow.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
You need it to be written for you?

OK.

silverblk mystix doesn't know the meaning of the word logic.

Hope this helps.

Link to follow.

So you can't...you basically just talked out of your ass. Ok.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Link. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5588916&postcount=102)

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
In your misreading of Bruno's point, you guys just proved once again how little you understand.

explanation < > endorsement

Never has.

You'll never stem your vaginal flow enough to realize that.

This is where I originally told you, genius.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:29 PM
This is where I originally told you, genius.

Show me where I said that Bruno endorsed Pop?

I understood Bruno saying that this was Pop's logic....I also understood where Bruno felt it was flawed logic.

At this point I stated that Pop's alleged logic was not logic it was stupidity.

Which part do you need me to explain or spell out to you? I never even had an issue with Bruno's explanation of his perceived understanding of Pop's flawed logic.

I stated what I felt about Pop's logic and that it was stupidity instead of logic.

Which part is hard for you to understand?

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM

This is stupidity.

No.

Brilliant.You said it wasn't logic.

You were wrong.

You said that Bruno was endorsing Pop's logic.

You were wrong.

If you were trying to make some other point, you failed.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Exactly. This is all about Pop's coaching. You and Bruno can call it logic or flawed logic.

I call it stupidity.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Exactly. This is all about Pop's coaching. You and Bruno can call it logic or flawed logic.

I call it stupidity.You said it's not called logic.

It is called logic.

You just didn't know it.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I think people are just getting testy and tired of the excuses of why Splitter isn't garnering more PT. Anything that sounds like an excuse for Pop's bizarre substitution patterns is going to get flamed.

Unfortunately, Bruno's first sentence was "I can see Pop's logic of going with Bonner instead of Splitter in this game." That's going to garner a vitriolic response, regardless of what was said after.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I think people are just getting testy and tired of the excuses of why Splitter isn't garnering more PT. Anything that sounds like an excuse for Pop's bizarre substitution patterns is going to get flamed.

Unfortunately, Bruno's first sentence was "I can see Pop's logic of going with Bonner instead of Splitter in this game." That's going to garner a vitriolic response, regardless of what was said after.
Nevermind, Bruno. If you aren't frothing at the mouth and ranting insanely, you're an apologist.Only took you three pages this time. :tu

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:37 PM
lol blaming the victim

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 05:38 PM
So you can't...you basically just talked out of your ass. Ok.

Sometimes pictures are easier to understand than just words:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8265/vocabularyfordummies.png

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:39 PM
You said it's not called logic.

It is called logic.

You just didn't know it.

It may be logical to you because you are a Popologist.

It is stupidity to me because it makes no sense. If you believe logic should make no sense whatsoever and still be called logic then I can't help you. Your Pop love knows no bounds. Congrats.

Making a stupid decision which makes no sense and making this decision repeatedly while harming the team you are paid to coach to victory is pretty stupid. If people that support you think you are using logic to make these decisions that pretty much makes these people as stupid as you.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:41 PM

It is stupidity to me because it makes no sense. If you believe logic should make no sense whatsoever and still be called logic then I can't help you. Your Pop love knows no bounds. Congrats.

Making a stupid decision which makes no sense and making this decision repeatedly while harming the team you are paid to coach to victory is pretty stupid. If people that support you think you are using logic to make these decisions that pretty much makes these people as stupid as you.So, you still really don't know what the word logic means after the actual definition was posted in front of your face.

And posted again for emphasis.

Understood.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:44 PM

Making a stupid decision which makes no sense and making this decision repeatedly while harming the team you are paid to coach to victory is pretty stupid. If people that support you think you are using logic to make these decisions that pretty much makes these people as stupid as you.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:48 PM
You don't have to repeat it -- you didn't understand before and you don't now.

No one can ever expect you to understand it after this thread.

We tried, man.

Keepin' it real
01-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Let me set the record straight: you're all idiots. Now can we get back to SPURS talk? Thx.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 05:50 PM

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Nevermind, Bruno. If you aren't frothing at the mouth and ranting insanely, you're an apologist.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 05:55 PM
You just need to expand your thinking a little, silverblk mystix.

For example.

If you throw away your straight flush to make two pair there's logic there if you look hard enough. Maybe your a hustler trying to instill false confidence in your opponent. Maybe your a queer and don't like anything straight. See? There's logic there if you look hard enough.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 05:59 PM
No one ever said logic had to be good or sound.

Well, no one who actually knows the definition of the word did.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:01 PM
But now you're just mad that your ignorance was confirmed yet again and that a Frenchman, with whom you actually agree on this topic, knows English better than you.

So the tantrum will continue for awhile.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 06:15 PM

Dictionary.reference.com disagrees.

logic
noun
the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.

the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.

reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: There wasn't much logic in her move.

convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: the irresistible logic of the facts.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Dictionary.reference.com disagrees.

logic
noun
the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.

the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.

reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: There wasn't much logic in her move.

convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: the irresistible logic of the facts.Actually it does agree.

Thanks for providing the definitions that don't require it to be good or sound. :tu

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM

Well, no one who actually knows the definition of the word did.

Really.

Maybe it is you that does not understand what logic is.

Owned yourself here didn't you genius.

You remind me of the guy who walks around with a t-shirt that says: JENIUS...:lmao

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Really.

Maybe it is you that does not understand what logic is.

Owned yourself here didn't you genius.

You remind me of the guy who walks around with a t-shirt that says: JENIUS...:lmaoNo one ever said it had to be good or sound.

You guys still don't get it?

I'd post another emoticon but this is just getting sad.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Jenius!

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
And I'd wager a guy who purposely wears a shirt with the word "JENIUS" knows the correct spelling.

It this your way of admitting I'm right?

I can live with taht.

TJastal
Actually it does agree.

Thanks for providing the definitions that don't require it to be good or sound. :tu

Not quite sure I follow you. Where does it say it doesn't need to be good or sound?

silverblk mystix

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Not quite sure I follow you.I'm sure you don't follow me.
Where does it say it doesn't need to be good or sound?In the definitions without the words "good" or "sound" in them.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
:madrun

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Not quite sure I follow you. Where does it say it doesn't need to be good or sound?

I think some of you are equating "logic" and "logical". Anyone using any kind of process to come up with some solution or course of action can be said to be using logic. No matter how insane the decision or outcome may seem. The logic may not be logical.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm sure you don't follow me.In the definitions without the words "good" or "sound" in them.

There wasn't much logic in her move.

This what you're referring to?

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
This what you're referring to?That's an example, not a definition.

Sheesh.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 06:35 PM
:pop: "I'm really proud of you Cumdumpster...besides Matty & Mike Finley..no one really believes in me anymore. Keep fighting for me son. Love you."

TJastal
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I think some of you are equating "logic" and "logical". Anyone using any kind of process to come up with some solution or course of action can be said to be using logic. No matter how insane the decision or outcome may seem. The logic may not be logical.

I don't know if I buy that. The very defenition of the word states otherwise. Logic must have some sound roots, if I'm reading it right.

We may just have to take Dex's advice and just admit that nobody can fathom Pop's logic.

With a few notable exceptions that is.

ChumpDumper
:madrun

TJastal
:pop: "I'm really proud of you Cumdumpster...besides Matty & Mike Finley..no one really believes in me anymore. Keep fighting for me son. Love you."

:lmao

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't know if I buy that. The very defenition of the word states otherwise. Logic must have some sound roots, if I'm reading it right.Then the phrases "flawed logic" and "bad logic" would have no meaning whatsoever if the logic is sound and good by definition.

There was bad sound judgment in her actions.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Bruno was clearly using something like definition 2, which had been pointed out to you pages ago.

You are now free to act like you discovered it yourself.

cantthinkofanything
We may just have to take Dex's advice and just admit that nobody can fathom Pop's logic.

I'm good with this.

ChumpDumper
Duplicate post.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Then the phrases "flawed logic" and "bad logic" would have no meaning whatsoever if the logic is sound and good by definition.

There was bad sound judgment in her actions.

If Bruno would have used either of those terms instead to describe Pop's thinking I don't think we'd be having this discussion.

By omitting those adjectives he invokes the base meaning of the word IMO, which is by defenition something of sound nature.

DMC
01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Pop is trying to get Bonner some face time before the trade deadline.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 06:52 PM
If Bruno would have used either of those terms instead to describe Pop's thinking I don't think we'd be having this discussion.

By omitting those adjectives he invokes the base meaning of the word IMO, which is by defenition something of sound nature.Except when it's not necessarily sound by definition, a definition you posted yourself.

You overreacted to someone you actually agreed with because you were ignorant of that definition, and look like a fool for doing so.

therealtruth
01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Bonner would be cut by 29/30 coaches. He's not even better than Brian Cardinal who's the 13th man on the Mavs.

TJastal
01-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Bonner would be cut by 29/30 coaches. He's not even better than Brian Cardinal who's the 13th man on the Mavs.

Coincidentally, I was just looking at Cardinal's salary

Cardinal: 1.35m
Mahinmi: 900k
----------------------
Total: 2.25m

Bonner: 3.3m

Makes me wonder just what in the hell Pop was smoking when he signed Bonner.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Coincidentally, I was just looking at Cardinal's salary

Cardinal: 1.35m
Mahinmi: 900k
----------------------
Total: 2.25m

Bonner: 3.3m

Makes me wonder just what in the hell Pop was smoking when he signed Bonner.

ummm..

he was using logic

BRs.Ganso
01-19-2012, 07:08 PM
trade Bonner for Scalabrine

TJastal
01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
ummm..

he was using logic

I bet the chumpettes understand it perfectly and could write a 10 page thesis about it too.

jag
01-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow... this thread turned into a steaming pile of shit.

TJastal has the reasoning skills of an infant. The saddest part is that he's a real person. When we're all done here, he'll go out into the world and interact with people while being completely unaware of his unfortunate limitations. I can only imagine what the world looks like through his eyes.

And I can only assume ChumpDumper is bored.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
I bet the chumpettes understand it perfectly and could write a 10 page thesis about it too.No need. It took one sentence.

You still don't understand it after five pages, posting the definition yourself and blaming Bruno for using the term properly.

ElNono
01-19-2012, 07:14 PM

TJastal has the reasoning skills of an infant. The saddest part is that he's a real person. When we're all done here, he'll go out into the world and interact with people while being completely unaware of his unfortunate limitations. I can only imagine what the world looks like through his eyes.

This is a solid contribution to this turd, tbh :lol

TJastal
01-19-2012, 07:22 PM
No need. It took one sentence.

You still don't understand it after five pages, posting the definition yourself and blaming Bruno for using the term properly.

Eh? I was talking about silverblk mystix's comment about my post on Bonner. Why you still wading around in the muck 2 pages back?

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 07:23 PM
:pop:"Sometimes Cumdumpster & I like to watch old gladiator movies together."

jag
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
You people are so selfish. This thread isn't about you; it's about freeing a man who's been persecuted and oppressed for well over a season now.

He must be freed!
http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/TiagoSplitter/1140542904.jpg

Free this beautiful man!
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/999/4344q.jpg

TJastal
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM

Well thank god the great Jag came to rescue of the thread. You saved it, man! Be proud. Puff out the chest now and go do your manly duty. You stud, you.

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 07:29 PM
:pop:"Sometimes Cumdumpster & I like to watch old gladiator movies together."

:pop:"We both like to muss up Matty's hair everytime a guy in a skirt bends over. Good times."

Nathan89
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
:pop:" Tiago was hurt until game 5 of the playoffs last year. We just couldn't play him."