PDA

View Full Version : Let's be real - Dirk is playing like crap

monosylab1k
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
he's been doing it all season. the Mavs live and die on Dirk's performance, and he laid another calculated shit bomb tonight.

We can bitch all we want about Odom or Vince or Roddy or Kidd or whoever, but as always, we go as far as Dirk takes us. And he looks like shit right now.

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:27 AM
At least he ain't quit like you did, Mono.

pass1st
01-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Maybe after winning a chip, he's just collecting his check since Cuban tore apart the team

skut_farkus
01-19-2012, 01:28 AM
its been tough to watch him like this, its like he doesnt care right now

mavs>spurs
01-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Tosb

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Tosb

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Maybe after winning a chip, he's just collecting his check since Cuban tore apart the team

this ...

But come on dirk has had his moments ... Terry has been the best clutch shooter ...but Mavs keep wasting his potential game winners :lol

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Then Cuban goes on TV and tells bold face lies ...or is stupid.

Cubes saying he is not rebuilding and he believes that this team is better than last year's ...yeah right.

mavs>spurs
01-19-2012, 01:34 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

nuh uh. you got tired old shitbag duncan. i reverse engineered your shit and came up with something even better.

monosylab1k
01-19-2012, 01:35 AM
But come on dirk has had his moments

not this season. not one game can i think of where he really put his stamp on the game and delivered a classic dirk performance.

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:36 AM
nuh uh. you got tired old shitbag duncan. i reverse engineered your shit and came up with something even better.

Please.

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:37 AM
not this season. not one game can i think of where he really put his stamp on the game and delivered a classic dirk performance.

You quit.

skut_farkus
01-19-2012, 01:38 AM
G' you quit on the cavs, youv'e no room to talk you yeller bellied sapsucker you

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:39 AM
G' you quit on the cavs, youv'e no room to talk you yeller bellied sapsucker you

I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

skut_farkus
01-19-2012, 01:40 AM

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:40 AM

Its my religion.

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 01:41 AM

Last year he had one of the best and most consistent shooting and clutch shooting seasons I had ever seen. Nothing will ever compare for him. Dirk was a great player at his peak delivering big shot after big shot. he may get close but he will never be that good again ...because almost no one in 30 years have ever been that hot. Sure MJ, wade etc have had even bigger scoring games but my guess is that those guys (especially Wade) had way more FTA's ... Dirk did his scoring mostly on jumpers. Dirk last year shot better than Bird in 1984 ...which was the best shooting I had ever seen by a HOF'er before Dirk last year.

midnightpulp
01-19-2012, 01:41 AM

He quits on all his teams. Indians, Browns, Cavs, Suns, and expect him to do the same with the Lakers when they hit a dry spell.

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:42 AM
He quits on all his teams. Indians, Browns, Cavs, Suns, and expect him to do the same with the Lakers when they hit a dry spell.

It is my religion.

skut_farkus
01-19-2012, 01:42 AM
G' careful there old fella, kori sees ya acting up she'll put the cuffs on ya and throw you in the corner again while we spray ya with the garden hose

Jacob1983
01-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Maybe, he is just still in shock because of the Finals and that he finally won. Maybe after 2006, he thought he would never get a 2nd chance and he just doesn't know how to move forward as an NBA player now that he has a ring and a Finals MVP trophy.

midnightpulp
Maybe, he is just still in shock because of the Finals and that he finally won. Maybe after 2006, he thought he would never get a 2nd chance and he just doesn't know how to move forward as an NBA player now that he has a ring and a Finals MVP trophy.

The king.

BUMP
I wanna say he's just saving himself for the playoffs but that's what GNSF said all of last season about Duncan

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 01:44 AM
G' careful there old fella, kori sees ya acting up she'll put the cuffs on ya and throw you in the corner again while we spray ya with the garden hose

As long as I'm naked I'm in total agreement.

monosylab1k
01-19-2012, 01:45 AM

YK4ThkJKqMo

DAF86
He had a career year last season and now he's getting back down around his career average in terms of FG%, the problem is that he isn't beign very agressive, only 14 shots per game.

Giuseppe
...and he can't move on defense. It's incredible.

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 01:50 AM
He had a career year last season and now he's getting back down around his career average in terms of FG%, the problem is that he isn't beign very agressive, only 14 shots per game.

Thing is he is only slightly down from his career scoring numbers ... but last year he was soo good, he raised the bar.

As good as Wade was last year ...he was not as good as he was in his First Finals and he probably never will be THAT good again ever.Same with Paul Pierce. It happens. Dirk still plenty good to be the clutch leader of a title team, I just dont think this team is that. YOu had a title team but decided to play "futures" for a possible Big 3D ... we'll see if it was worth it.

On a side note JET has been "dirk like" in the clutch ...but yall keep wasting his game winner/game tying jumpers ...:lol

m>s
01-19-2012, 09:30 AM
complacence still their major enemy right now tbh, n!ggas need to get back the ambition that they used to have and start playing like champs again. TC's departure ain't having THAT much impact on us as the lack of ambition does tbh. dirk's tired and maybe he's waiting for some potential partners that he can build a true dynasty with, here comes the list of names which include Deron Williams and Dwight MF'N Howard

Triple D MF'N Dynasty here in da big D :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

stretch
01-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Dirk and Kidd both have been absolutely atrocious... its annoying because they could easily be 11-4 as opposed to 8-7, if in those 3 close games where they lost by a buzzer beater, they give a shit for just an extra 20 seconds in each game and hit just one of their ridiculously wide open shots they keep bricking.

I know Dirk will be fine and will break out eventually, but I'm starting to wonder about Kidd...

Stalin
01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
i tried to tell mavfan about the TOSB signs Dirk is displaying, but you don't wish to accept it... well come playoff time, when mavs get bounced in the first, stretch will be cutting himself in rage, and the rest of you be jumping of the bridge, don't blame me, cause i tried to tell you scros... tbh

Leetonidas
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I wanna say he's just saving himself for the playoffs but that's what GNSF said all of last season about Duncan

Yep but I think he probably actually is saving it for the playoffs, he'll turn it up once that time rolls around. Unlike Duncan he didn't have to endure deep post season runs year after year amounting to more than an extra season worth of games so he won't become a tosb as quickly as Jim

MavFan6488
01-20-2012, 01:44 AM
12 pts, 5-12 FG, 5 rebounds against utah..

but who cares? he doesn't have to prove anything anymore :toast

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/Dirk-Nowitzki-wins-the-Finals-MVP-award-NBA-Update-75288.jpg

jjktkk
01-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Bad wheel?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7478926/dallas-mavericks-dirk-nowitzki-battling-knee-issues

Cry Havoc
01-20-2012, 02:18 AM
He'll be back. It's tough to get excited about early regular season games after ringing. The lockout probably threw him out of rhythm, too.

mavsfan1000
01-20-2012, 03:23 AM
He might be done to. Kidd is for sure done.

endrity
01-20-2012, 04:59 AM
His knee is bothering him, that's obvious. And the short preparation time did him no favours.

He might not reach 2011 level again, but that's fine because statistically speaking he was a monster last year, and arguably the MVP had he and Butler not gone down in the middle of the season.

But make no mistake about it, this group is more talented than last years. Odom, Carter, Delonte, Roddy bring so much more than JJ, Butler, Peja, DeShawn. And their aggressive perimeter D is making it so that the centers don't need to clean up so much, and therefore until now Tyson is not being missed all that much.

This team is getting there, they're old and with a short camp, but judge them after the All-Star break because they are still in training camp right now.

Stalin
01-20-2012, 09:25 AM
His knee is bothering him, that's obvious. And the short preparation time did him no favours.

He might not reach 2011 level again, but that's fine because statistically speaking he was a monster last year, and arguably the MVP had he and Butler not gone down in the middle of the season.

But make no mistake about it, this group is more talented than last years. Odom, Carter, Delonte, Roddy bring so much more than JJ, Butler, Peja, DeShawn. And their aggressive perimeter D is making it so that the centers don't need to clean up so much, and therefore until now Tyson is not being missed all that much.

This team is getting there, they're old and with a short camp, but judge them after the All-Star break because they are still in training camp right now.

fucked up knee, yet another TOSB sign, tbh

DMC
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Dirk looks like HIV right now.

m>s
01-20-2012, 10:32 AM
lack of ambition that is. what concerns me most isn't the depth at C that they're lacking in but the low level of ambition & determination they're displaying. VC ain't the best player on our squad but he's been the one who works hardest, seems VC & Ian are the only n!ggas on this team who still want to win something tbh. Ian would easily be a double-double guy if given 30+ min a night

stretch
01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Ian would easily be a double-double guy if given 30+ min a night

I bet he would get those 30+ minutes a night, if he didn't pick up fouls at such an astronomical rate.

Stalin
01-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Dirk looks like HIV right now.

Co sign