PDA

View Full Version : Stern ruined this season and might have ruined some players careers

cheguevara
01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
That's right. If there is one person to blame for this lockout it's him. He was heavily involved in making this a successful lockout, and when it came time to start a season, his greed preceded the concern for player's health. Greedy fuck wanted to regain the money lost and crammed up the schedule with back to backs back to back to backs and shit like this.

The schedule is frantic and dangerous to the players that were not in shape due to the lockout. This is why we are seeing so many injuries and will see more as the season intensifies.

this is also why we see shitty basketball overall. A FIBA team could wipe the floor with many of these out of shape, our of synch, injured shitty teams.

What a crap season and it's all thanks to that fat fuck. El Che wishes that fat fuck breaks a hip while bending over to grab a Krispy Kreme.

the damage this asshole has done will have repercussions for years to come.

:pctoss

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Now I'll have to journey for a Krispy Kreme before the sun fails the sky.:rolleyes

silverblk mystix
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
I said this before and after the agreement where the players bent over and took it...

I was hoping for a whole season lost...to maybe get the owners disenchanted with Stern...but Stern fucked everyone...

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
That's right. If there is one person to blame for this lockout it's him. He was heavily involved in making this a successful lockout, and when it came time to start a season, his greed preceded the concern for player's health. Greedy fuck wanted to regain the money lost and crammed up the schedule with back to backs back to back to backs and shit like this.

The schedule is frantic and dangerous to the players that were not in shape due to the lockout. This is why we are seeing so many injuries and will see more as the season intensifies.

this is also why we see shitty basketball overall. A FIBA team could wipe the floor with many of these out of shape, our of synch, injured shitty teams.

What a crap season and it's all thanks to that fat fuck. El Che wishes that fat fuck breaks a hip while bending over to grab a Krispy Kreme.

the damage this asshole has done will have repercussions for years to come.

:pctoss

Che I'm with you on this one. What if this was the last best chance for Duncan, Manu, Pierce, Kobe, KG to get rings? As much as I killed Cuban the new deal and the jacked up season is probably also why Cuban blew up half his team.sure he wants a new big 3 in Dallas, and no I dont agree with his moves, but maybe he figured it made no point to chase this abortion of a season. no lockout, keep same core Mavs had a pretty decent chance to repeat ...

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 11:27 AM
I said this before and after the agreement where the players bent over and took it...

I was hoping for a whole season lost...to maybe get the owners disenchanted with Stern...but Stern fucked everyone...

I wanted it canceled as well. To preserve my booty, my treasure trove of advantage. That's all gone now. Poof!

This is better than nothing and it'll get better presently.

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I wanted it canceled as well. To preserve my booty, my treasure trove of advantage. That's all gone now. Poof!

This is better than nothing and it'll get better presently.

Hope you are right, most nights the ball is dogshit awful ...but I love the sport regardless.

baseline bum
01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I think this is way worse than the 99 lockout, because that season the players still expected to play. This one Stern and the owners dug in and basically told the world they were canceling the 11-12 season, so the players weren't as concerned with being in game shape, not expecting to play at all this year (see Odom). It's too bad the league didn't just go with a 50-55 game schedule to keep from killing the players, but Stern loves putting a boot up their asses.

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 11:46 AM
I think this is way worse than the 99 lockout, because that season the players still expected to play. This one Stern and the owners dug in and basically told the world they were canceling the 11-12 season, so the players weren't as concerned with being in game shape, not expecting to play at all this year (see Odom). It's too bad the league didn't just go with a 50-55 game schedule to keep from killing the players, but Stern loves putting a boot up their asses.

I think they should've held to the 82 game standard, but, just extended it for the additional two months of the delay into late August.

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 11:48 AM

This. I would of made sure every team played each opposite conference team once. Everyone within conference and division twice (home and away). Whatever that comes out to games wise ... that is the schedule. Greedy bastards wanted to make sure they kept their extra money and saved their marquee matchups. Player health was secondary ...

cheguevara
01-19-2012, 11:50 AM
50 games with a week of pre-season would have been merciful to the "slaves"

baseline bum
01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I think they should've held to the 82 game standard, but, just extended it for the additional two months of the delay into late August.

I would have like that too, but no way Stern would let the league interfere with the cocksucking Olympics and all the free advertising he gets for the NBA game there.

Red Hawk #21
01-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Fuck Stern for this terrible season. Che you're right on the money, hermano. Teams look exhausted and out of shape. Players are getting injured left and right. Somehow, that dumbfuck Stern thought it was a good idea to reduce the players preparation time and still give them a 66 game season. Little greedy bastard has really fucked over so many teams and fans with this travesty of a season.

JamStone
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
If you watched the four-letter pregame last night, they had Mark Cuban on set. He made a comment that basically both the owners and the players didn't want to lose any more money and wanted this schedule. How completely truthful that is, who knows? But I tend to tend to think it makes sense that the players don't want to lose even more money than they did at the time of the agreement, especially for the majority of players who aren't set for life. They know what they bargained for. Don't feel sorry for those spoiled millionaires.

cheguevara
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
possibly. But the league should be the ones protecting the players, even from themselves.

Giuseppe
01-19-2012, 12:23 PM
"You" can't have it both ways. Most of the posters here wanted NBA at any cost and called the players everything in the book. Ever since the deal was signed these same champion of the owners have now conveniently switched around.

It's weak & puny.

cheguevara
01-19-2012, 12:27 PM
not me. El Che has been supporting the slaves and against the slave drivers. I also wanted this shit to be canceled.

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 12:28 PM
If you watched the four-letter pregame last night, they had Mark Cuban on set. He made a comment that basically both the owners and the players didn't want to lose any more money and wanted this schedule. How completely truthful that is, who knows? But I tend to tend to think it makes sense that the players don't want to lose even more money than they did at the time of the agreement, especially for the majority of players who aren't set for life. They know what they bargained for. Don't feel sorry for those spoiled millionaires.

I heard that too, but Cuban always plays the "side" that is in his best interest. I dont feel sorry for the players per se, except the older ones. Who Im sure are greedy and spoiled too ...but it was still a lockout. And it was Stern who kept giving deadlines on what days they had to agree to save X number of games. He and his owners drew first blood and they are the ones who wrecked this season.

Killakobe81
01-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I never wanted it cancelled, but I never was on the owner's side here.

And I agree Che sometimes you have to protect the players from themselves, but you trust the owners to do it? The same guys who throw hundreds of millions at fringe all-stars like Rashard, and Gilbert? the same guys that needed a lockout to force THEMSELVES from over spending? That crew?! stern was the only one that could of protected BOTH sides but he had the Dan G and his ilk so far up his ass you could see their fists when he opened his mouth.

I have not spent one dollar on LP, merchandise since the lockout. And I doubt I will this year even if the Lakers miraculously won it all or swung a big trade ...I'll watch but they wont see a penny this year ...

cheguevara
01-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I can just imagine Stern and the owners meeting.

"Stern, how do we make up for all the money lost? These fucking players fucked us they need to be taught a lesson!"

"Easy, run niggga run! till they drop!"

(laughter)

cheguevara
01-19-2012, 12:40 PM
We all know the owners won the lockout. Sure, they had to give a little back to get the agreement that came early Saturday morning, but compared to the old collective bargaining agreement, this was a rout.

The schedule also will lean in the owners' favor, at the expense of fans, coaches and players. As Jeff Van Gundy said last night on NBA-TV, "Let's face it, the schedule is made for money."

Fans lose out because the quality of play, especially early, won't be the best the league is capable of. In its hunger to have its annual Christmas Day showcase serve as the start of the season, the league is allowing just 15 or 16 days of training camp and free agency. Back in 1998-99, teams started training camps Jan. 6, with the first games played Feb. 7.

"We're going to see, I suspect, some very poor basketball early on," Van Gundy said.

Some teams will struggle just to field a team, much less compete. New Orleans has only six players under contract, Boston seven. Also, six teams have new head coaches who will barely have enough time to learn their new players' names, much less install a system. Minnesota hired Rick Adelman during the lockout, meaning he's yet to be allowed to speak to his players (at least until the gag order is lifted).

These are not conditions for the good basketball that fans have the right to expect considering how much they pay for tickets.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2011/11/nba_high-5_111.html

hehateme
01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
The thought of putting it all on stern is asinine at best. Both sides dug their graves by disputing so long and I am damn sure the players gave in for fear of losing even half a season of paychecks paid for performance/incentives and gametime itself.

cheguevara
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
you are not really understanding.

This is about the crazy crammed up schedule that is ruining basketball and player's healths. That is all on Stern.

hehateme
01-19-2012, 02:57 PM
i am pretty sure the union had a say in agreeing/disagreeing on the schedule terms

ChumpDumper
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
you are not really understanding.

This is about the crazy crammed up schedule that is ruining basketball and player's healths. That is all on Stern.Eh, players wanted to be paid.

NewcastleKEG
01-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Stern?

The lazy negros should have got off their ass and back to work sooner

Seventyniner
01-19-2012, 05:41 PM
The players are getting 66/82 of their contract salaries. If the season were shorter, they'd get less money. Easy to understand why the players wouldn't push for fewer games.

DMC
01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Ruined...

What was their potential that doesn't include playing a school yard game?

LnGrrrR
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
"You" can't have it both ways. Most of the posters here wanted NBA at any cost and called the players everything in the book. Ever since the deal was signed these same champion of the owners have now conveniently switched around.

It's weak & puny.

Not me.

InRareForm
01-19-2012, 10:12 PM
ahhh boooo hooooo! give me a fcking break

leemajors
01-19-2012, 11:07 PM
players could have caved way earlier.

mavsfan1000
01-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Poor rich players. Fucking lame thread.

Spurtacus
01-21-2012, 05:56 PM
http://gothamist.com/attachments/jsaxena/052710benjamins.jpg

IronMexican
01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
tbh, this season is absolutely fucking terrible. I wish it was cancelled.

And on the other end of things, it's crazy how we almost missed out on this NFL season. Shit was so cash. NFL just needs to allow some bump and run for 7 to 10 yards.

cheguevara
01-25-2012, 04:32 PM
bump

cheguevara
02-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Fuck Stern :pctoss

NBA INJURIES UPDATE
Atlanta Hawks
Updated Player Pos Injury Expected Return
02/18/12 Jason Collins C Elbow Out until at least late March
02/07/12 Al Horford C Pectoral Out until at least mid-April
02/27/12 Joe Johnson SG Knee Probable for Feb. 29 vs. Golden State
Boston Celtics
01/10/12 Jeff Green PF Heart Out for the season
02/28/12 Brandon Bass PF Knee Probable for Feb. 28 at Cleveland
02/27/12 Jermaine O'Neal C Wrist Doubtful for Feb. 28 at Cleveland
02/28/12 Chris Wilcox C Groin Probable for Feb. 28 at Cleveland
Charlotte Bobcats
02/23/12 Gerald Henderson SG Hamstring Questionable for Feb. 29 at Detroit
02/27/12 Corey Maggette SF Knee Questionable for Feb. 29 at Detroit
02/22/12 Byron Mullens C Illness Questionable for Feb. 29 at Detroit
Chicago Bulls
02/27/12 Luol Deng SF Wrist Probable for Feb. 28 vs. New Orleans
02/28/12 Richard Hamilton SG Groin, thigh Questionable for Feb. 28 vs. New Orleans
02/27/12 C.J. Watson PG Concussion Probable for Feb. 28 vs. New Orleans
Cleveland Cavaliers
02/28/12 Anthony Parker SG Back Probable for Feb. 28 vs. Boston
02/16/12 Anderson Varejao C Wrist Out until at least mid-March
Dallas Mavericks
02/17/12 Delonte West SG Finger Out until at least early March
Denver Nuggets
02/24/12 Ty Lawson PG Ankle Questionable for Feb. 29 vs. Portland
02/23/12 Rudy Fernandez SG Back Questionable for Feb. 29 vs. Chicago
02/24/12 Danilo Gallinari SF Ankle Out until at least late February
02/20/12 Nene C Calf Out until at least late February
Detroit Pistons
02/27/12 Charlie Villanueva PF Foot Out until at least mid-March
Golden State Warriors
01/31/12 Kwame Brown C Shoulder Likely out for the season
02/22/12 Stephen Curry PG Foot Questionable for Feb. 28 at Indianapolis
Houston Rockets
02/22/12 Jonny Flynn PG Back Questionable for Feb. 28 vs. Raptors
02/18/12 Jordan Hill PF Knee Out until at least early March
02/22/12 Hasheem Thabeet C Back Questionable for Feb. 28 vs. Raptors
Indiana Pacers
No injuries reported.
Los Angeles Clippers
02/08/12 Chauncey Billups PG Achilles Out for season
02/28/12 Kenyon Martin PF Back, ribs Probable for Feb. 28 vs. Minnesota
Los Angeles Lakers
02/27/12 Kobe Bryant SG Nose Questionable for Feb. 29 vs. Minnesota
02/27/12 Andrew Bynum C Knee Probable for Feb. 29 vs. Minnesota
Memphis Grizzlies
01/10/12 Darrell Arthur PF Achilles Out for the season
02/13/12 Zach Randolph PF Knee Out until at least early March
Miami Heat
No injuries reported.
Milwaukee Bucks
01/27/12 Andrew Bogut C Ankle Out until at least early April
02/28/12 Drew Gooden PF Wrist, knee Probable for Feb. 28 vs. Washington
02/22/12 Tobias Harris SF Shoulder Questionable for Feb. 28 vs. Washington
02/22/12 Stephen Jackson SF Hamstring Questionable for Feb. 28 vs. Washington
02/28/12 Jon Leuer PF Illness Questionable for Feb. 28 vs. Washington
Minnesota Timberwolves
No injuries reported.
New Jersey Nets
02/10/12 Keith Bogans SG Ankle Out for the season
02/19/12 Jordan Farmar PG Groin Out until at least early March
02/22/12 Kris Humphries PF Calf Questionable for Feb. 28 at Dallas
02/10/12 Damion James SF Foot Out for the season
02/18/12 Mehmet Okur C Back Out until at least early March
02/22/12 Shawne Williams SF Foot Out for season
New Orleans Hornets
02/13/12 Eric Gordon SG Knee Out until at least early April
02/06/12 Carl Landry PF Knee Out until at least late February
02/23/12 Emeka Okafor C Knee Questionable for Feb. 28 at Chicago
02/23/12 Jason Smith PF Concussion Questionable for Feb. 28 at Chicago
New York Knicks
02/28/12 Tyson Chandler C Wrist Probable for Feb. 29 vs. Cleveland
02/23/12 Josh Harrellson C Wrist Questionable for Feb. 29 vs. Cleveland
02/27/12 Iman Shumpert PG Knee Doubtful for Feb. 29 vs. Cleveland
02/27/12 Bill Walker SG Elbow Doubtful for Feb. 29 vs. Cleveland
Oklahoma City Thunder
02/24/12 Nick Collison PF Quadriceps Questionable for Feb. 29 at Philadelphia
01/24/12 Eric Maynor PG Knee Out for the season
02/18/12 Lazar Hayward SF Eye Out until at least early March
02/17/12 Thabo Sefolosha SF Foot Out until at least late March
Orlando Magic
02/28/12 Jameer Nelson PG Knee Probable for Feb. 29 at Washington
02/23/12 Quentin Richardson SG Achilles Questionable for Feb. 29 at Washington
Philadelphia 76ers
02/28/12 Elton Brand PF Thumb Probable for Feb. 28 at Detroit
02/27/12 Spencer Hawes C Achilles Out until at least early March
Phoenix Suns
No injuries reported.
Portland Trail Blazers
02/22/12 Wesley Matthews SG Ankle Questionable for Feb. 29 at Denver
02/20/12 Greg Oden C Knee Out for the season
Sacramento Kings
02/22/12 John Salmons SF Hip Questionable for Feb. 28 vs. Utah
San Antonio Spurs
02/28/12 T.J. Ford PG Hamstring Questionable for Feb. 29 vs. Chicago
02/28/12 Manu Ginobili SG Oblique Out until at least early March
02/28/12 Kawhi Leonard SG Calf Out for Feb. 29 vs. Chicago
02/28/12 Gary Neal SG Hamstring Questionable for Feb. 29 vs. Chicago
02/28/12 Tiago Splitter PF Calf Questionable for Feb. 29 vs. Chicago
Toronto Raptors
02/27/12 Solomon Alabi C Chest Out until at least March 2 vs. Memphis
02/28/12 Andrea Bargnani C Calf Out for Feb. 28 at Houston
02/28/12 Linas Kleiza SF Knee, ankle Probable for Feb. 28 at Houston
Utah Jazz
02/28/12 Raja Bell SG Adductor Out for Feb. 28 at Sacramento
Washington Wizards
02/28/12 Andray Blatche C Calf Doubtful for Feb. 28 at Milwaukee
02/28/12 Ronny Turiaf C Hand Out until at least early March

cheguevara
02-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Spurs Bucks and Nets for the FTMFL

ChumpDumper
02-28-2012, 04:01 PM
players could have caved way earlier.

cheguevara
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
:lol 16% of the league down with injuries

ChumpDumper
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Considering their concessions, it's pretty much their own fault.

cheguevara
02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Considering their concessions, it's pretty much their own fault.

It's Stern jobs to ultimately deliver a good product. It's Stern job to ultimately look after health of the players.

In the end it's the boss's fault. In the end, it's all on Stern.

:lol blaming the horse

Fabbs
02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Even with Sterns schenanigans, teams have a 13 man roster.
Coaches/players fault if they allow themselves to be overplayed.

ChumpDumper
02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
It's Stern jobs to ultimately deliver a good product. It's Stern job to ultimately look after health of the players.

In the end it's the boss's fault. In the end, it's all on Stern.

:lol blaming the horseAll the players had to do was not play this season.

Turns out they wanted to.

Do you not know how labor negotiations work?

No. Of course you don't. Look who I'm talking to.

lol calling NBA players dumb animals

cheguevara
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
yup. and the horse wants to run.

clambake
02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
why isn't odom's vagina on that list?

dude1394
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
I thought this way also until someone pointed out that the players union agreed to it. They are getting what they asked for.

in2deep
02-28-2012, 05:03 PM
I thought this way also until someone pointed out that the players union agreed to it. They are getting what they asked for.

you have a point. But to be fair, the other option was not getting paychecks at all.

Also I believe it was the Union who agreed to the deal, not the individual players, in other words most of the individual players might have not even known these details. I might be wrong.

dude1394
02-28-2012, 05:07 PM
you have a point. But to be fair, the other option was not getting paychecks at all.

Also I believe it was the Union who agreed to the deal, not the individual players, in other words most of the individual players might have not even known these details. I might be wrong.

Hey man...the players signed off on it...gotta live with your decisions. I think it is horrible, but I bet the teams would have agreed to 50 games or so if pushed, but the players wanted to make up lost salary, so the paying fan is the main person that gets reamed here.

Latarian Milton
02-28-2012, 06:36 PM
fat old son of a bitch stern might have ruined some players careers while he might also give other players some unexpected chances that they would never get otherwise (e.g. jeremy lin)

DMC
02-28-2012, 08:53 PM
I am wondering who's careers were ruined. Overrated faggots like Odom should have shut the fuck up and just done what they were paid to do, play fucking basketball. It's not hard. Just dribble the ball and shoot the ball, then collect your millions. Boo fucking hoo he had to move to Dallas with his hog, Green Acres is the place to be.

dude1394
02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
I am wondering who's careers were ruined. Overrated faggots like Odom should have shut the fuck up and just done what they were paid to do, play fucking basketball. It's not hard. Just dribble the ball and shoot the ball, then collect your millions. Boo fucking hoo he had to move to Dallas with his hog, Green Acres is the place to be.

So silly.

cheguevara
05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
and they keep dropping like flies :lol

Horford
Pachulia
Allen
Howard
Miles
Rose
Iman
Tiago
Amare

:lol Sternicide

ChumpDumper
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
You just don't believe in personal responsibility at all, do you?

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Amare injured himself by punching a fire extinguisher facility. You really consider that Stern's fault?

cheguevara
05-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Amare injured himself by punching a fire extinguisher facility. You really consider that Stern's fault?

it's arguable. The psychological pressure of a rush season could have affected a mental midget such as Amare

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
it's arguable. The psychological pressure of a rush season could have affected a mental midget such as Amare

Amare has been shrinking in big games since God knows when. I don't get why this time would be more pressuring to him compared to those other situations.

cheguevara
05-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Amare has been shrinking in big games since God knows when. I don't get why this time would be more pressuring to him compared to those other situations.

you might have a point. Maybe Amare should be off that list.

Rummpd
05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Spurs back to back to backed his ass (6-0 those games) for trying to absolutely ensure a tired and hurt Spurs team in particular would not make the playoffs with an inane schedule and he hurt other teams too. He also set up the Paul trade then retracted it screwing the LAL and other teams. This overly self important commish needs to retire already.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
possibly. But the league should be the ones protecting the players, even from themselves.
David Stern works for the owners. It's his job to appease the owners, not protect the players.

BlairForceDejuan
05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
They are making millions of dollars to toss around an orange ball.

Do not care. Oh no, these poor guys have to travel first class and stay in 5 star hotels every night now. The horror. Pay me 10 mil in a year and you can break my leg, arm, and foot.

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
They are making millions of dollars to toss around an orange ball.

Do not care. Oh no, these poor guys have to travel first class and stay in 5 star hotels every night now. The horror. Pay me 10 mil in a year and you can break my leg, arm, and foot.

That 10 million a year is going to get spent on medical expenses. I can't believe you're saying that.

Sportcamper
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
This thread is a classic Pool of Ignorance…Blaming the Commissioner of the National Basketball Association for representing the team owners wishes? This contract was not just about revenue sharing…More importantly it was about putting the kibosh on marquee teams like the Lakers & Celtics…If you don’t like the outcome blame the self proclaimed small market owners like Peter Holt, Dan Gilbert, Michael Jordan and Mark Cuban…

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
The Lakers went from paying $4-6 million to $50 million. How the fuck does that happen? :lol

BlairForceDejuan
05-01-2012, 11:28 AM
That 10 million a year is going to get spent on medical expenses. I can't believe you're saying that.

medical insurance

Matter Bonner makes #3.5 mil for one season! LOL He could wear an entire full body cast by June and still come out like a bandit stylin on Fortune 500 CEOs. Quit babyin grown ass men who have 0 financial worry in life.

cheguevara
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
DBiddy (knee explosion)
Rose (surgery out 8-12 months pending on SAT scores)
Bosh (vaginal cavity strain)

:lol stern

Spurtacus
05-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Stern ruined the playoffs. Its been ugly for those who like scoring.

Spur_Fanatic
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
DBiddy (knee explosion)
Rose (surgery out 8-12 months pending on SAT scores)
Bosh (vaginal cavity strain)

:lol stern

As long as it doesn't happen to a Spur...

SequSpur
05-16-2012, 12:24 AM
dumb

DMC
05-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Oh to have my career ruined and have 50 million in the bank. Lord, I lean on thee.

Jacob1983
05-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Stern has to take some of the blame but you have to blame the players probably more than Stern. They bitched about not getting enough money and look what they got. Was the bitching and diva behavior really worth it? These grown ass men get paid millions of dollars to play a kid's game yet they bitch about not getting paid enough? You get what you deserve is what I say. They knew that Stern and his minions weren't going to cave yet they bitched to the point where they would play a shitty shortened season if they made a deal. That's their fault. They could have caved in September or October and still could have had a full 82 game season but they didn't want to do so. They wanted to bitch and moan.

cheguevara
05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Stern has to take some of the blame but you have to blame the players probably more than Stern. They bitched about not getting enough money and look what they got. Was the bitching and diva behavior really worth it? These grown ass men get paid millions of dollars to play a kid's game yet they bitch about not getting paid enough? You get what you deserve is what I say. They knew that Stern and his minions weren't going to cave yet they bitched to the point where they would play a shitty shortened season if they made a deal. That's their fault. They could have caved in September or October and still could have had a full 82 game season but they didn't want to do so. They wanted to bitch and moan.

um you got your history wrong buddy. The owners started this shit by bitching they are not making money off their teams. And they are the ones who extended the multi million contrats to scrubs and overpayed these damn scrubs in the first place.

I equate Stern abiding to the owners to Bush/Obama bailing out Wall Street. Same shit, the owners/bankers fuck up and its the slaves the ones who end up with the short end of the stick.

and now it's the players' fault? :lmao

the players were protecting what they had. WHich is what any union would do. Get your facts straight.

boutons_deux
05-16-2012, 08:43 AM
"It's Stern jobs to ultimately deliver a good product."

your business ideas iare as naive as your politics.

Stern/owners' job is to deliver the shittiest possible product for the highest possible profit. The quality of the basketball games is simply not their priority.

Cutting many $Bs out of player salaries (owners' costs) increases profit margins, NOT increases basketball quality.

The real consumers are the advertisers, who are sold the real product, which is viewers, as in all commercial TV.

Spurs9
05-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Anyone got a list of all the injuries this season? :lmao