PDA

View Full Version : The best play for the Spurs when they are trying to kill time..

Blake
01-19-2012, 02:13 PM
....is obviously to have Parker dribble in and out of the key before shooting on off balance shot fading left, or to just turn the ball over.

I've seen this play run countless times to perfection and last night was no exception. :tu

Amuseddaysleeper
01-19-2012, 02:52 PM
:lol

SequSpur
01-19-2012, 03:34 PM
It's not even funny...since parker can't shoot a three, it really makes no sense to run screen roll with him to win a game... He is not going to pass it....when has he ever passed it? He was tripled teamed, ran the screen and Duncan was wide open at the top of the key and he jacks it up from outside of his range...

The play prior was a screen with Green and Duncan...Green takes it in strong, draws the defense and dishes to Duncan for a Gimmee....

Not sure what Parker is thinking...

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 03:38 PM
It's not even funny...since parker can't shoot a three, it really makes no sense to run screen roll with him to win a game... He is not going to pass it....when has he ever passed it? He was tripled teamed, ran the screen and Duncan was wide open at the top of the key and he jacks it up from outside of his range...

The play prior was a screen with Green and Duncan...Green takes it in strong, draws the defense and dishes to Duncan for a Gimmee....

Not sure what Parker is thinking...

Spurs have become way too dependent on Tony Parker. If he has a bad game, they are in trouble. Even if has a bad 4th quarter. All his scoring in bunches won't mean anything if we lose in the last minutes because he won't pass and fires up some bullshit.

And it's becoming way to easy to defend. He gets way too far in the lane before he tries pass back to TD. Orlando got smart to this last night and as soon as he got caught in the air, they sagged back and got in the passing lane.

boutons_deux
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
"Not sure what Parker is thinking..."

thinking he was taking over the game like Manu

hater
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
meh, this is what happens when you don't have a PG

Dex
01-19-2012, 03:51 PM
....is obviously to have Parker dribble in and out of the key before shooting on off balance shot fading left, or to just turn the ball over.

I've seen this play run countless times to perfection and last night was no exception. :tu

The worst part is....Manu usually runs the same damn play, but at least he's a threat to drive or pull up from three (even though he still usually dribbes into a step-back fadeaway anyways).

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 03:57 PM
The worst part is....Manu usually runs the same damn play, but at least he's a threat to drive or pull up from three (even though he still usually dribbes into a step-back fadeaway anyways).

But Manu is also looking to pass from the beginning if it's open. Much better court vision. Parker isn't even thinking pass until it's clear he doesn't have a shot. Then it's usually a wild ass throw to one of the corners or back to Duncan at the top of the key. Oh yeah...and the jump in the air two foot bounce pass to a big directly under the goal after he's sucked all the defense into the lane. He's good at that one.

lefty
01-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Ducks, Brazil, Sonic, Bruno !

Get in here !!!!!

jjktkk
01-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Spurs have become way too dependent on Tony Parker. If he has a bad game, they are in trouble. Even if has a bad 4th quarter. All his scoring in bunches won't mean anything if we lose in the last minutes because he won't pass and fires up some bullshit.

And it's becoming way to easy to defend. He gets way too far in the lane before he tries pass back to TD. Orlando got smart to this last night and as soon as he got caught in the air, they sagged back and got in the passing lane.

With Ginoboli out, and to a lesser extent, Ford, Parker is the only guy that can break down a defense. The problem is defenses know this as well.

Dex
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
With Ginoboli out, and to a lesser extent, Ford, Parker is the only guy that can break down a defense. The problem is defenses know this as well.

Sad, but true. Gone are the days when you could just throw the ball into Tim in the post and expect to get a good possession out of it.

It's a good thing Timmy's jumper is falling, because his post moves make me want to cry for the old days, and he gets absolutely no respect from the refs anymore (maybe all that griping finally caught up with him).

Case in point, Duncan was shoved in the back last night by Anderson on that hook shot after the drive-and-dish from Green, and of course....no call. A few possessions later, Green takes a swipe on a guy driving to the basket (I think it was Nelson or Richardson) and gets all ball, but still gets called for the foul just for swiping. So much for not calling them in the heart of the game...

Then again, we caught a break on Jefferson's non-called over-and-back, so maybe I should just quit my bitchin'.

will_spurs
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Let me guess: you've started watching the Spurs last year. Or you just haven't been paying attention for 10 years now.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Let me guess: you've started watching the Spurs last year. Or you just haven't been paying attention for 10 years now.

WTF? I would bet I've watched the Spurs longer than you. What's your point? Are you disagreeing or just being a cocksucker?

will_spurs
01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
WTF? I would bet I've watched the Spurs longer than you. What's your point? Are you disagreeing or just being a cocksucker?

I'm just saying that what you describe has been the case ever since Parker joined the Spurs, not just in the last couple of years. Phil Jackson learned very early on that Parker was the head of the snake, and that taking him out of his comfort zone was the key, or the Spurs would have had b2b rings by now.

DMC
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM
But Manu is also looking to pass from the beginning if it's open. Much better court vision. Parker isn't even thinking pass until it's clear he doesn't have a shot. Then it's usually a wild ass throw to one of the corners or back to Duncan at the top of the key. Oh yeah...and the jump in the air two foot bounce pass to a big directly under the goal after he's sucked all the defense into the lane. He's good at that one.
I think Manu has some of the greatest court vision in the game today, and his passes are right up there as well.

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2012, 01:44 PM
lol this thread...the truth hurts

ElNono
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM

The hero shot!

TDomination
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
our final plays aren't usually very pretty. though we got lucky on this one

4FmLSPSw2L8

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
you also forgot the part when he sucks like shit and pop pulls him out for most of the game playin the mercy card with the bench which gets us back into the game, then he comes in saves the game for the win....then his fans jump up and down sayin his clutch and deserves a better rating....

DesignatedT
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
The thing is.. once the playoffs start everything starts going to Manu at the end of games (if he's healthy) and that's a big IF. Parker can't help it if Manu is always hurt.

siraulo23
01-20-2012, 04:07 PM
:lol

and when he's got a mismatch, pf/center on him, thats his go-to move :lol:lol

DBMethos
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
our final plays aren't usually very pretty. though we got lucky on this one

4FmLSPSw2L8

That was my first ever Spurs home game. Quite a memorable ending, to say the least!