PDA

View Full Version : Sonogram results: I'm having a .......

ObiwanGinobili
06-18-2005, 08:22 AM
GIRL

We found out yesterday, came back to town form my "mini vacation" for the doctor's appointment. It was awesome. I even got a good picture of the face.
So this will be girl #2. And thats it.. no more kids.

:elephant :princess :elephant

spurschick
06-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Congratulations!

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Congrats...

Slomo
06-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Congrats!!!!

SpursWoman
06-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Congratulations! :elephant :elephant

samikeyp
06-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Congrats! Here is to a healthy and happy little girl! :elephant

E20
06-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Congratulations!
Boys are better though!

desflood
06-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Congratulations!

Gatita
06-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Congratulations! Now we can go shopping for baby clothes. I will be in town at the end of the month. :)

sa_butta
06-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I have some baby girl clothes that I need to get rid of, they are in very good condition.

Ishta
06-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Congrats!! I have 3 girls aged 5,7,and 9....Get ready for the craziness!!( in a good way though)

Shelly
06-18-2005, 04:11 PM
congrats! did you get one of those 4D ultrasounds?

desflood
06-18-2005, 06:32 PM
When are you due again? I have mostly summer clothes, but a few winter.

JoeChalupa
06-18-2005, 06:51 PM
That is great news! I've got 2 girls, 5 and 11.

tsb2000
06-19-2005, 12:51 AM
After my second daughter was born, we decided to try to balance out the family. We ended up with a third daughter, and me being hopelessly outnumbered. :)

Congrats to you and your family, and God Bless! :)

SpursWoman
06-19-2005, 08:58 AM
congrats! did you get one of those 4D ultrasounds?

or transvaginal....those are kind of ackward... :wow :fro :lol

ObiwanGinobili
06-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks everyone!!

For those of you that have baby clothes -PM me!!... I've been looking thru Isabella's clothes that I had saved and they are not as stain free aqs I remeber so I'm definatly going to have to replenish my supply. :lol

Shelly, I had a regular ultrasound. Man I wish I had the 4-D tjhose are awesome. And thankgod I'm too far along for transvaginal... those are just weird.

Desflood, I'm due 10/26/05.. but my ultrasound says more likely 11/02/05. However I doubt my doctor will change my due date to Nov.... since I had the exact same time discrpeancy with my 1st one and they never changed the date. I'm booking on this being an October baby.

Flea
06-20-2005, 09:18 AM
CONGRATS!!! Girls Rock!!!

I was wondering why you were so quiet, was the vacation nice?

gophergeorge
06-20-2005, 09:35 AM

I disagree....

You have a boy, you have one dick to worry about.

You have a girl, you have half a million.... :)

tlongII
06-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Congratulations! I have many children....although I haven't actually met any of them.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 11:59 AM
I disagree....

That is not right. :vomit Yet, its true... :lol

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Congratulations! I have many children....although I haven't actually met any of them.

That many sheep, eh?! :lol

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 12:57 PM

Yeah it was nice in the sence that i got to see the family, and didin't have to cook.. (uncle benito = BBq master)

But i hate being a guest, I like being in my own home... whre i can walk around naked if i feel like it. :lol

We went down the frio one day, my mother in law spent that time taking care of Isabella.

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
That many sheep, eh?! :lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Oh my god.. i wonder if i ever ate one of tlong's children?????

06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Obi, splurge and get the 4D. We did with my son and it's too cool. One pic even had the little shit sticking his tongue out at us.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 01:02 PM
One pic even had the little shit sticking his tongue out at us.

Tender words from a loving papa. :lol

Taco
GIRL

We found out yesterday, came back to town form my "mini vacation" for the doctor's appointment. It was awesome. I even got a good picture of the face.
So this will be girl #2. And thats it.. no more kids.

:elephant :princess :elephant

COOL!!

Congrats!!!!

Flea

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 01:03 PM
There is a place right here in the medical center that offers a pretty good package..... DVD, color pics and stuff from the 4-D session...

But I was thinkign about splurging on somethign like solid bedroom furniture for the girls.
(hehe.. i call them "the girls" now..... )

Flea
06-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I disagree....

:huh

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 01:04 PM
BTW- for got to mention,

baby's name is going to be:
Eloisa Genevieve

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 01:05 PM
:huh

he's saying you have ot protect your little girl from every tom dick and harry.

Flea
06-20-2005, 01:06 PM
There is a place right here in the medical center that offers a pretty good package..... DVD, color pics and stuff from the 4-D session...

But I was thinkign about splurging on somethign like solid bedroom furniture for the girls.
(hehe.. i call them "the girls" now..... )

I am so excited for you. Even though I am glad that I am done having kids there is always that small part of me that longs for a little one all over again. :depressed

Flea
06-20-2005, 01:07 PM
he's saying you have ot protect your little girl from every tom dick and harry.

Oh ok. That is Daddy's job.

Flea
06-20-2005, 01:08 PM
BTW- for got to mention,

Eloisa Genevieve

Beautiful Name.

06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh ok. That is Daddy's job.

Damn straight, every "young man" who comes to take my daughter out for a date will find me at the kitchen table field stripping my 1911 and a muddy shovel sitting in the corner...

I'll also be enlisting her Godfather to help in a reenactment of the date scene from "Bad Boys II".

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Damn straight, every "young man" who comes to take my daughter out for a date will find me at the kitchen table field stripping my 1911 and a muddy shovel sitting in the corner...

:lmao

Flea
06-20-2005, 01:10 PM

I love the muddy shovel! :lol

Shelly
06-20-2005, 01:24 PM
I am so excited for you. Even though I am glad that I am done having kids there is always that small part of me that longs for a little one all over again. :depressed

Oh, HELL NO! I do not get that maternal craving again at all. Plus, the kid would end up practically being an only child without a baby book (I hardly wrote in son #2's book :oops)

Flea
06-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh, HELL NO! I do not get that maternal craving again at all. Plus, the kid would end up practically being an only child without a baby book (I hardly wrote in son #2's book :oops)

I don't think mine will ever go away! I saw the cutest little baby the other day dressed in pink and about 2 months old. Awww....I wanted to bring her home. I am a sucker for babies(which explains my 4 kids) I get teary eyed every time I see a baby being born on TLC or discovery health.

Jekka
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
BTW- for got to mention,

Eloisa Genevieve

Well then you're going to have to have the book Eloise around somewhere - it's a classic, and one of my childhood favorites -

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/067122350X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

gophergeorge
06-20-2005, 02:02 PM

I'll also be enlisting her Godfather to help in a reenactment of the date scene from "Bad Boys II".

Got ya there 1 - 3 - 6 - 9.... My baby girl is 8.... My plan is to be sharpening my rather large knife from Afghanistan as he walks in the door... "Did I ever tell you about the time..."

Jekka
06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
My minister mother scared away guys faster than any muddy shovel.

06-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Gopher, nice move with the blade. Is that one of those "kuri" ghurka looking knives?

My daughter is only 3, so I have time to work on my delivery.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 02:13 PM
My minister mother scared away guys faster than any muddy shovel.

Yeah you scared Ed & I with that one. :lol

gophergeorge
06-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Gopher, nice move with the blade. Is that one of those "kuri" ghurka looking knives?

My daughter is only 3, so I have time to work on my delivery.

Yep.... my SAPD buddy said it is very illegal.. but oh well... looks good on the wall....

Jekka
06-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah you scared Ed & I with that one. :lol

One of my best friends has ministers for both of his parents (I can't even imagine - although he actually gets along with them fairly well) - but when his 20-something sister brought home a boyfriend his mother actually asked the guy, "What are your intentions with my daughter". That's got to suck.

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Well then you're going to have to have the book Eloise around somewhere - it's a classic, and one of my childhood favorites -

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/067122350X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'll have to look for that book.
even tho Eloisa and Eloise don't sound anythign alike... i LOVE books and am always looking for good ones for the kids to build up their little library. :tu

Jekka
06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
I'll have to look for that book.
even tho Eloisa and Eloise don't sound anythign alike... i LOVE books and am always looking for good ones for the kids to build up their little library. :tu

I grew up with a dad in the publishing business, so if you need recommendations I have tons of stuff that I loved as a kid - we were always surrounded by books. Roald Dahl always gets a thumbs up, especially Mathilda and the BFG, and I loved the Cricket in Times Square book as well. Actually, a lot of the series coming out now for kids like 8 and over are great (and entertaining for adults as well), even though they seem to keep getting darker - but the Series of Unfortunate Events are great, and I love the Artemis Fowl books, and of course Harry Potter.

gophergeorge
06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Stay away from "Soxs on Foxs" by Dr. Seuss... that one will make your tongue hurt!

06-20-2005, 02:25 PM
"Charlie and Lola" is a big hit with my daughter as well as "Angelina Ballerina".

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 02:47 PM
i have the whole line of Mary poppins books and 2 in the Olivia series. ( i love that pig.. those books are awesome).
And I have some books saved over from my childhood. The Monster at the End of This Book, and 4 versions of Cinderella.
I laso got a whole slew of bilingual books at the hospitol when Isabella was 1st born.

gophergeorge
06-20-2005, 02:48 PM
"The Crayon Box That Talked"... very good book, not only for kids, but for all....

06-20-2005, 03:07 PM
"Where The Wild Things Are" is a must have for any kids library.

Also, "Through The Looking Glass (And What Alice Found There)" is good for when they get a bit older.

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I used to love The Littles....and Judy Blume. I guess I just wasn't that pretentious when I was a little kid. :oops :lol :lol

desflood
06-20-2005, 03:29 PM
My boys love the Little Critter books and anything with Thomas the Tank Engine. When I had the girl, that was my green light to rush out and buy the whole "Little House" series of books - then I reread them all.

Jekka
06-20-2005, 03:32 PM
My boys love the Little Critter books and anything with Thomas the Tank Engine. When I had the girl, that was my green light to rush out and buy the whole "Little House" series of books - then I reread them all.

A native American woman just rewrote those recently, actually, and I'm working on locating a copy.

jcrod
06-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Got ya there 1 - 3 - 6 - 9.... My baby girl is 8.... My plan is to be sharpening my rather large knife from Afghanistan as he walks in the door... "Did I ever tell you about the time..."

I so dread the coming times, my little girl is also 8.

She just bought a shirt that reads, To Old for Toys, To Young for Boys. :cuss

&

Little girl, BIG attitude. She picks her own clothes out, so she's true to herself.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 04:13 PM
I so dread the coming times, my little girl is also 8.

She just bought a shirt that reads, To Old for Toys, To Young for Boys. :cuss

&

Little girl, BIG attitude. She picks her own clothes out, so she's true to herself.

At that age my mother was still picking out my clothes. :)

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 04:25 PM
At that age my mother was still picking out my clothes. :)

My daughter is almost 10 and I still pick out her clothes for the most part.

My favorite so far on a t-shirt I bought her: "Stupidity is not a crime - You're free to go"

:)

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 04:44 PM
my mom was picking out my clothes till i was 11, and from then on I had to have her approval. I couldn't just wear what I wanted.

she didin't let me wear makeup till i was 15 either.

I'll probebly be the same way with my girls.
no way will they be loking like these 9 yr old hookers i see at HEB! :lol

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 04:45 PM
My daughter is almost 10 and I still pick out her clothes for the most part.

My favorite so far on a t-shirt I bought her: "Stupidity is not a crime - You're free to go"

:)

I got one for my brother that's Camo - it says: "you can't see me" :lmao

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I'll probebly be the same way with my girls.
no way will they be loking like these 9 yr old hookers i see at HEB! :lol

One of those might be my daughter's best friend. The first time I saw her I didn't know whether to laugh or punch her mother in the mouth.

Needless to say, I don't know how many conversations I've had with my daughter that starts out something like:

"What in the hell are you wearing....?!?!?!?!?! Where did you get that?!?!?!?"

Flea
06-20-2005, 05:28 PM
My two oldest girls are 11.5 and almost 10. They have a say but mostly because they don't want anything too girly. I have it easy so far, they love the soccer/ girl power tshirts from academy. I have a big problem with the shorts they have out there for little girls. And no I am not talking about the ones with soccer or dance written across the butt, I'm talking about the length. During the spring we went to the boys dept and bought shorts they could wear to school. All the girls are waaaay too short.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Congrats! Although be cautioned: sometimes they can mistake a boy for a girl when it's just that they just can't see "it".

My co-worker has a classic sonogram of his first kid: she's actually giving them the finger.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 06:48 PM
My two oldest girls are 11.5 and almost 10. They have a say but mostly because they don't want anything too girly. I have it easy so far, they love the soccer/ girl power tshirts from academy. I have a big problem with the shorts they have out there for little girls. And no I am not talking about the ones with soccer or dance written across the butt, I'm talking about the length. During the spring we went to the boys dept and bought shorts they could wear to school. All the girls are waaaay too short.

I don't remember the last time I bought a pair of shorts. They are way too short. I would have booty hanging out if I dared wear them. Of course, for home use they are ok. But, outside of my home... No way! :nope

Faccia di Angelo
06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
awww.congratulations! I love kids! Can't wait to have a ton of my own! Best wishes to you and the little one!

jcrod
06-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Well, she's been picking her clothes since she was almost 5. BUT NOWAY does she dress inappropriate, she's wouldn't want to anyways. She doesn't match sometimes when we leave the house, she knows she doesn't but doesn't care. Man I love my little girl.

gophergeorge
06-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Well, she's been picking her clothes since she was almost 5. BUT NOWAY does she dress inappropriate, she's wouldn't want to anyways. She doesn't match sometimes when we leave the house, she knows she doesn't but doesn't care. Man I love my little girl.

Does she give you those damm "puppy dog eyes"????

I hate it when my baby girl does that....

Vashner
06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Gratz

Flea
06-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Does she give you those damm "puppy dog eyes"????

I hate it when my baby girl does that....

You men are such wimps when it comes to your daughters. My girls have my husband wrapped tightly around their fingers.

They come to me like that and I say, get over it. :lol

Shelly
06-21-2005, 12:35 PM

Is your daughter starting middle school this year? Some of the girls there look like they flunked a few grades!

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 12:48 PM
She doesn't match sometimes when we leave the house, she knows she doesn't but doesn't care. Man I love my little girl.

awwwwwwwww. :fro thast so cool.

Flea
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Is your daughter starting middle school this year? Some of the girls there look like they flunked a few grades!

YES....... :depressed
She is really excited and I am really nervous. Our neighbor's grandaughter is 13 and she could easily pass for 18.

Flea
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM

Kids rock don't they? I need a sign to put on my 3yo letting everyone know she dressed herself. :lol

Shelly
06-21-2005, 01:10 PM
YES....... :depressed
She is really excited and I am really nervous. Our neighbor's grandaughter is 13 and she could easily pass for 18.

Does her school have a camp for incoming 6 graders? That helped a lot.

My son had a rough time at the beginning of the year. We finally figured out that the poor kid was really hungry (he didn't eat lunch until 1pm!) and thought he'd get in trouble if he was caught eating between classes. He would constantly complain of stomach aches, etc. and swore up and down that no one was picking on him. That took about 2 months to figure out. Finally, the counselor told him that if any teacher said anything to tell them to talk to her. Problem solved! But man, I felt so helpless.

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 01:10 PM
You men are such wimps when it comes to your daughters. My girls have my husband wrapped tightly around their fingers.

They come to me like that and I say, get over it. :lol

Isabella is only 14 months and she OWNS my husband. He completely gives into her every little want. Ugh! Of course I'm the one stuck putting her in time out's.