PDA

View Full Version : School Rejects New Mascot

manufan10
01-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Students at a new Utah high school are facing disappointment after their choice for a new school mascot was rejected for one of the strangest reasons possible: Board members deemed it might be seen as offensive to middle-aged women.... the school's future student body -- which was given the opportunity to select its own future mascot -- had chosen to be the Cougars.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/school-t-cougars-because-middle-aged-women-might-161402778.html

:lmao

This can't be serious.. when did we become so PC that THIS happens??

The Gemini Method
01-19-2012, 03:59 PM
I saw this article earlier today and couldn't help but roll my eyes and laugh...poor Cougars...

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Bullshit. WTF. So we can't use any legitimate name for anything if it's been used as a double entendre??? Will we have to change the name "Spurs" because it's something that gay people wear when having sex? Or "Lakers" because it's slang for being retarded?

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Now this on the other hand...
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/mascot-fail-amarillos-stiff-sock-sent-back-to-wash?urn=mlb,wp11178

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/krod.com/files/2011/07/070111-Amarillo-Sox-Mascot-250x200.jpg

SA210
01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
This is stupid. I read about this earlier. Our Pop Warner team is the Cougars lol. Can't wait till this wave of stupidity comes to our city and tries to make us change our name.

Morons

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-19-2012, 04:21 PM
That's just dumb. Here at UH we've had to deal with the evolution of the term Cougar in regards to our mascot. It's particularly funny since our current president of the university (a woman who looks to be 50ish or so) sends out regular campus wide e-mails that start with a picture of her in her office and the words, "My fellow Cougars..."

On top of that our school's hand signal, which we've had for about several decades, has gotten a rather x-rated rebranding in recent years.
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cougar-paw.png

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:22 PM
That's just dumb. Here at UH we've had to deal with the evolution of the term Cougar in regards to our mascot. It's particularly funny since our current president of the university (a woman who looks to be 50ish or so) sends out regular campus wide e-mails that start with a picture of her in her office and the words, "My fellow Cougars..."

On top of that our school's hand signal, which we've had for about several decades, has gotten a rather x-rated rebranding in recent years.

Wow. That's a shocker.

mavs>spurs
01-19-2012, 04:36 PM
i'm starting to hate this retarded society we live in. people are so damn pussy and stupid, omg get over it. i mean seriously? let's make all guys named "dick" change their names because thats sexist :cry

mavs>spurs
01-19-2012, 04:37 PM
pretty soon we'll all live in a society like the book "The Giver" and everyone will be the same and there will be no emotion or happiness sadness pain color etc because that way everyone is equal and nobody gets offended :cry

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:42 PM
pretty soon we'll all live in a society like the book "The Giver" and everyone will be the same and there will be no emotion or happiness sadness pain color etc because that way everyone is equal and nobody gets offended :cry

They need to change the name of that book. Mild homosexual overtones. Just think of all the trouble baseball will have. Changing the names of positions to "Guy Who Throws the Ball" and "Guy Who Catchs the Ball". Also the names of the bases, "First White Square", "Second White Square", etc. "Pitcher's Hill". Shit, what are they going to call the ball.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
They need to change the name of that book. Mild homosexual overtones. Just think of all the trouble baseball will have. Changing the names of positions to "Guy Who Throws the Ball" and "Guy Who Catchs the Ball". Also the names of the bases, "First White Square", "Second White Square", etc. "Pitcher's Hill". Shit, what are they going to call the ball.

Can't call it a sphere, that might offend anyone with a lisp. But the first thing that will have to go are the sexist names for the team leaders. They should be Person-agers.

SpursWoman
01-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Also the names of the bases, "First White Square", "Second White Square", etc.

Racist. :nope

Ernie Banks will soon be known as a HOF Vertically Challenged Stop.

SA210
01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
My daughters elementary school rudely tells parents not to clap for their child at end of the year award ceremonies. The pussified excuse?????? "Some kids might not have a parent here to clap for them, it wouldn't be fair"

Well, I went straight to the damn office and said well thats why we ALL clap for everyone! What the hell is this a damn funeral, just dead silence every time a student crosses the damn stage and accepts an award? What kind of appreciation does that show kids these days after a year of hard work?

:pctoss

That'll teach our kids how hard work pays off growing up

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Can't call it a sphere, that might offend anyone with a lisp.

Not to mention the broadcast problems when a black pitcher is on the hill.

manufan10
01-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Racist. :nope

Ernie Banks will soon be known as a HOF Vertically Challenged Stop.

:lol

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:55 PM
My daughters elementary school rudely tells parents not to clap for their child at end of the year award ceremonies. The pussified excuse?????? "Some kids might not have a parent here to clap for them, it wouldn't be fair"

Well, I went straight to the damn office and said well thats why we ALL clap for everyone! What the hell is this a damn funeral, just dead silence every time a student crosses the damn stage and accepts an award? What kind of appreciation does that show kids these days after a year of hard work?

What about doing Twinkles Up?

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Not to mention the broadcast problems when a black pitcher is on the hill.

:lol Took me a minute before that clicked.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:56 PM

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM

manufan10
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM

Screw that, I would have clapped anyways. I've never witnessed only the person's family being the only ones to clap. :lol

SA210
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Screw that, I would have clapped anyways. I've never witnessed only the person's family being the only ones to clap. :lol

I did clap anyway. This was an ongoing argument with the school for a couple years already. My daughters in middle school now and i bet that elem school still does that crap.

Axe Murderer
01-19-2012, 06:00 PM

holy shit you're not funny at all

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
holy shit you're not funny at all

Oh noes!

The Cougar
01-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Interesting

Frenzy
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Hopefully they don't say "monkeys" are offensive. People like to see them act up...and laugh at them when they do silly things like being loud and jumping all crazy.

The Cougar
01-19-2012, 07:02 PM
They also can't win superbowls