PDA

View Full Version : Bonner shot fake, dribble, pass it back

nkdlunch
01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
who else is sick of this move???

it's fucking pointless and it looks goofy

z0sa
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Teams closing out harder than ever and Bonner unfortunately, has lacked the balls to shoot it.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 05:11 PM
who else is sick of this move???

it's fucking pointless and it looks goofy

And if he doesn't have an open shot, you can see him panic and look around for someone to get rid of the ball to. Not giving a shit if it's going to lead to anything. Just getting rid of the ball. You said it, he always passes back to the wing or guard outside the arc. When has anyone ever seen Bonner make a good pass to a cutter? Just one. I don't think I've ever heard the phrase, "great pass from Bonner".

z0sa
01-19-2012, 05:12 PM
When has anyone ever seen Bonner make a good pass to a cutter? Just one. I don't think I've ever heard the phrase, "great pass from Bonner".

see the Kawhi Leonard dunk just last night ...

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 05:15 PM
see the Kawhi Leonard dunk just last night ...

I must not have...
Which game?

nkdlunch
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I also must have missed that one.

I do remember last night Bonner finally cut to the basket and got a good pass from a guard and a layup. I could not believe it.

sadly that is the exception to the rule. I remember at least a dozen on those fake,dribble,pass stupid moves in the last 3-4 games

therealtruth
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
He's got plenty of options in that situation. He just has to be decisive. Look for a cutter or someone who's open, drive to the basket, or pullup jumper.

z0sa
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
I must not have...
Which game?

nvm, thinking of another play

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 05:21 PM
nvm, thinking of another play

:lol

z0sa
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
:lol

i was thinking of another pass from bonner to kawhi for a dunk :P

it's in the CoL thread

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 05:27 PM
i was thinking of another pass from bonner to kawhi for a dunk :P

it's in the CoL thread

I was 99%, you just wanted me to spend 10 minutes searching for something that didn't exist. But I'll be damned.

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?cid=nba_12_facebook_L

DMC
01-19-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.animateit.net/data/media/30/knight-shield.gif

Bonner in transition.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 05:32 PM

Bonner in transition.

I fucking wish.

nkdlunch
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
all I'm saying is if Pop is bent on putting Bonner out there.

at least teach him some plays. If he cannot shoot it what is he supposed to do? I don't think he knows.

cantthinkofanything
01-19-2012, 06:08 PM
all I'm saying is if Pop is bent on putting Bonner out there.

at least teach him some plays. If he cannot shoot it what is he supposed to do? I don't think he knows.

lol. I agree but lol at him not knowing what to do at this point in his career.

ElNono
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I think the separation from his knees while he takes the three point shot is different from what it used to be. I don't know if this is due to an injury or a byproduct of the lockout process. It obviously causes a different motion dynamic on the shot release and might be partly the cause of his poor shooting as of late. If you take a look at his shot in the second quarter of last game, around the 1:05 mark, and then you compare it with the shot he took in the 3rd quarter (around 3:23 mark) against the Timberwolves on March 5, 2008, you can see exactly what I mean. On the older game he just kind of bends his knees in a way where the separation is probably about a foot and 3 inches, whereas in the latest game it's close to just a foot. When he actually does release the ball, you can see the curvature of the shot to be markedly different, even though they both go in. Is it a cause of concern? sure. Should we be screaming trade Matty? not so fast. I noticed a similar change in separation on Quentin Richardson when he was with the Phoenix Suns back in 2007. He actually went through the same drop in production temporarily but eventually his percentage went back up. So I don't think it's unreasonable to think Matty might be undergoing the same adaptation period. Now, for those of you who think this is an unreasonably long and winded post over a very minor aspect you might be onto something. But the reality is that this kind of details help understand a lot of things. Including how I busted my DVR.

DMC
01-19-2012, 06:48 PM
I think he's pussied out early this year and is in total playoff deference mode. Ginger had several wide open looks that he passed up, or did the one dribble into the lane (as if he's a threat) and back out before giving it back to the one who just passed to him.

He's become a place holder for the ball. He looks like arthritis on steroids.

Dex
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Bonner in transition.

More like...

http://home.dmv.com/~les/T-REX.GIF

Big P
01-20-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm sick of him period! Whenever he is out there chucking up 3's, he's getting lit up on defense. We have a better chance of winning without him. Play Tiago not boner.

Sean Cagney
01-20-2012, 01:39 AM
I am sick of him and his face here, I have been sick of this crap! I hate addressing it now.
I'm sick of him period! Whenever he is out there chucking up 3's, he's getting lit up on defense. We have a better chance of winning without him. Play Tiago not boner.

He is f in garbage, he had his fans in here and now they can't even defend this bozo! He is trash.

angelbelow
01-20-2012, 02:07 AM
He looks goofy period. He runs like a 5 year when he tries to sprint.

01-20-2012, 02:09 AM
tbh the entire spurs roster is guilty of this, not just bonner. drive and kick, drive and kick, drive and kick, until someone finally pulls the trigger on a jumper. not very encouraging that the spurs can't get anyone to penetrate other than parker and even parker is declining in that area.

ElNono
01-20-2012, 02:16 AM
oh well, i guess my not so subtle humorous jab at GSH didn't quite work out :depressed