PDA

View Full Version : Bionic Hand

Spursfan092120
01-20-2012, 01:19 AM
http://c0014140.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_a7c0672

Wow....not sure how this won't effect him when he gets back.

The ADMIRAL 50
01-20-2012, 01:24 AM
Damn. There's a plate in there, right? I can't imagine that's comfortable. With this in his shooting hand...I just hope we haven't seen the end of the real Ginobili. He's a warrior, but damn. Especially now that as he's older he has been relying on his jumper more.

slick'81
01-20-2012, 01:29 AM
they dont call him super manu for nothing

Spursfan092120
01-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Damn. There's a plate in there, right? I can't imagine that's comfortable. With this in his shooting hand...I just hope we haven't seen the end of the real Ginobili. He's a warrior, but damn. Especially now that as he's older he has been relying on his jumper more.

Yep...there's a plate...that's what I'm worried about too...I just don't want to see him fade.

spurs10
01-20-2012, 02:02 AM
If his fingers are good I think he'll be fine.

GSH
01-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Other than the trauma of the surgery, I'm not sure the plate will affect him at all. The plate is a very thin sheet of titanium that is wrapped around the bone at the point of the break, to reinforce it. It just lays along the bone, and doesn't interfere with muscles or tendons. I understand the new ones are really thin, and conform to the bone so much that it's almost like nothing is there.

That being said, if I had that huge gash on my hand, and had to go play a contact sport it would interfere so much I might just stay home and watch on TV.

NRHector
01-21-2012, 12:42 AM
http://c0014140.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_a7c0672

Wow....not sure how this won't effect him when he gets back.

damn look at fingers, they're croked and broken :wow

Obstructed_View
01-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Other than the trauma of the surgery, I'm not sure the plate will affect him at all. The plate is a very thin sheet of titanium that is wrapped around the bone at the point of the break, to reinforce it. It just lays along the bone, and doesn't interfere with muscles or tendons. I understand the new ones are really thin, and conform to the bone so much that it's almost like nothing is there.

That being said, if I had that huge gash on my hand, and had to go play a contact sport it would interfere so much I might just stay home and watch on TV.

Good info. Based on that, it seems entirely possible that the scar will bother him more as it heals than the bone will. I doubt the pinky finger is all that critical in shooting jumpers, and it should be as strong as before the break for gripping the ball, right?