PDA

View Full Version : Monterrey taking a stab at the Worm

KoriEllis
09-29-2004, 02:54 AM
Monterrey taking a stab at the Worm
Web Posted: 09/29/2004 12:00 AM CDT

Dane Schiller
Express-News Mexico City Bureau

www.mysanantonio.com/spor...015ce.html (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA092904.3C.rodman.cb3015ce.html)

MEXICO CITY — The Worm is expected to hit the hardwood south of the border, and we're not talking about a creature spit from a bottle of mescal, but former NBA rebounding machine Dennis Rodman.

As Rodman, 43, pursues a comeback, possibly with the Denver Nuggets, he'll play at least two games as a member of Fuerza Regia, a professional basketball team based in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey.

Team president Sergio Ganem said late Tuesday that he expects to fly to Los Angeles today and sign the final paperwork.

"It is symbolic what we will pay him compared to what a player of his ability could charge," Ganem said by phone.

Rodman is to play Oct. 8 and 10 when Monterrey has home games respectively against the Santos (Saints) of San Luis Potosí and the Correcaminos (Roadrunners of Tampico.)

There was no word on whether Rodman would be sporting any new hair colors, piercings or tattoos to mark his Mexico debuts.

By joining Monterrey, he would deliver on a promise he made in July, when he participated in the inauguration of the city's new arena and told fans he would be back to play with the team.

Rodman, who is expected to wear No. 91, would add to his collection of jerseys, which include Detroit, Chicago, the Spurs, the Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas, where he played a dozen games with the Mavericks before retiring in 2000.

Ganem said Rodman is expected to practice with Monterrey a few days before playing, but that he isn't expected to do much more than learn the system.

"With the position he plays, it won't be difficult: rebound, rebound," Ganem said.

Rodman had an informal workout with the Denver Nuggets last week, but reportedly had to stop due to an ingrown toenail.

MouseOnSports
09-29-2004, 02:59 AM
RodVato?http://www.sahoops.net/smilies/lmao.gif

Kaptain Insane O
09-29-2004, 10:51 AM
RODherMANo?

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-29-2004, 06:54 PM
"It is symbolic what we will pay him compared to what a player of his ability could charge," Ganem said by phone.

Translation: "The only way a 43-old aging veteran with fading talent could command the kind of cash we're willing to pay for two games is if that person is a ticket-selling freak show like Dennis Rodman. Hopefully a lot of people will show up for the circus!"

fevertrees
02-22-2012, 03:15 AM
hateful shit

CGD
02-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Lol, I may have to make the trip to see him

CubanMustGo
02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Bumping a thread that's over seven years old? Really?

manufan10
02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Lol, I may have to make the trip to see him

:lmao

manufan10
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Bumping a thread that's over seven years old? Really?

So bumps I can understand, but I don't get this one.

Care to explain fevertrees?

E-RockWill
02-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Thread of the year nominee....