PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed Knicks fans chanting " let's go Giants " at the end of the NY-Mil game

lefty
01-21-2012, 02:16 AM
:lmao Knicks

Kai
01-21-2012, 02:47 AM
I was at a Texans game in 05 when they went 2-16, getting blown out while the Astros were in the infamous 18-inning game against Atlanta. Everyone in the stadium was chanting "Let's go Astros". Was lots of fun

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2012, 02:57 AM
laughin stock of the nba

WeNeedLength
01-21-2012, 03:24 PM
:lmao Knicks
:lmao Melo saying they got "punked" by Brandon Jennings

Technique
01-21-2012, 03:27 PM
The night is darkest just before the dawn.

New York is always gonna have haters.

The Giants superbowl parade is gonna be fun tho

DMC
01-21-2012, 03:31 PM
The night is darkest just before the dawn.

That's always said in hindsight. No one knows when NY's dawn will be.

Red Hawk #21
01-21-2012, 03:33 PM
So the Knicks are 6-9 and have lost 5 games in a row...Wasn't Tyson Chandler supposed to make them a Championship team?

Technique
01-21-2012, 03:36 PM
That's always said in hindsight. No one knows when NY's dawn will be.

The return of BDiddy and the development of Shumpert, all in course with Melo and Amar'e gelling.

I wouldn't write them off just yet.

DMC
01-21-2012, 03:37 PM
So the Knicks are 6-9 and have lost 5 games in a row...Wasn't Tyson Chandler supposed to make them a Championship team?
No. He was supposed to make the Mavs a championship contender, and he did. NY doesn't have the same dynamic as Dallas, so TC will have to find ways to contribute that don't include smart play calling. NY is all one on one basketball.

Technique
01-21-2012, 03:38 PM

The Heat went through similar situations last year. It's difficult to get instant results from virtually brand new roster even if you have great players.

DMC
The return of BDiddy and the development of Shumpert, all in course with Melo and Amar'e gelling.

I wouldn't write them off just yet.
It's not about the level of talent. 5 superstars playing one on one ball aren't going to go far against team ball.

jeebus
:lol Carmelo

It makes me happy to see that shitty team fail

Technique
01-21-2012, 03:42 PM
It's not about the level of talent. 5 superstars playing one on one ball aren't going to go far against team ball.

What I mentioned is more team ball than talent. Davis doesn't have to score, just like TC doesnt.

TC is there to defend and rebound. BDiddy is there to pass and make plays, which even at his age he's still is fully capable of.

Amar'e and Melo gelling will also improve team work, as much as people think they don't make a good duo they're both superstars and simply good basketball players. They will make it work.

DMC
01-21-2012, 03:47 PM
What I mentioned is more team ball than talent. Davis doesn't have to score, just like TC doesnt.

TC is there to defend and rebound. BDiddy is there to pass and make plays, which even at his age he's still is fully capable of.

Amar'e and Melo gelling will also improve team work, as much as people think they don't make a good duo they're both superstars and simply good basketball players. They will make it work.

You're talking about what they could do, not what they have historically done.

Melo is not a team player, never has been. Amare is also not a team player. these two demand the ball constantly. TC is a clean up guy and a defender, but you still have to feed him sometimes. Shumpert showed great before he was hurt but the players have a huge hurdle in getting over themselves first before they can form a team. Teams like Boston will kill them, because they play team ball.

WeNeedLength
01-21-2012, 03:50 PM
You're talking about what they could do, not what they have historically done.

Melo is not a team player, never has been. Amare is also not a team player. these two demand the ball constantly. TC is a clean up guy and a defender, but you still have to feed him sometimes. Shumpert showed great before he was hurt but the players have a huge hurdle in getting over themselves first before they can form a team. Teams like Boston will kill them, because they play team ball.

As of right now, you could have picked a much better option because Boston is just plain sucking presently. :lol

rayjayjohnson
01-21-2012, 03:50 PM
They'll be chanting "Come back Gallo" tonight

Technique
01-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm saying don't write off the Knicks just yet. Obviously they aren't looking too good right now. But their future looks bright, as opposed to teams like Boston.

And Gallo is going to get abused tonight. I predict Melo getting 30 if not 40 points.

rayjayjohnson
01-21-2012, 03:57 PM
:lol yeah, that's always a possibility.

he's going in thinking he's dropping at least 30. He probably hasn't noticed the nuggets actually play D now

DMC
01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
As of right now, you could have picked a much better option because Boston is just plain sucking presently. :lol
It doesn't matter. Boston will be able to beat them come playoff time. They still play team ball. My point is that teams like Denver (now) who play team ball will almost always beat teams like NY who do not.

m>s
01-21-2012, 06:39 PM
hey NY Knickers how's that n!gga TC workin for you? :lol

rayjayjohnson
01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm saying don't write off the Knicks just yet. Obviously they aren't looking too good right now. But their future looks bright, as opposed to teams like Boston.

And Gallo is going to get abused tonight. I predict Melo getting 30 if not 40 points.

:lmao

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Whatever, Gallo had the game of his career and still didn't outplay an injured Melo.

DMC
01-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Whatever, Gallo had the game of his career and still didn't outplay an injured Melo.

He won.

Melo took 30 fucking shots. Hit 10. How did Gallo not outplay him?

DeadlyDynasty
01-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Knicks haven't seen the dawn since Phil Jackson was in uniform.

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:19 AM
He won.

Because if you actually watched the game and not look at the scoreboard you'll know that Melo singlehandedly took the Knicks to double OT. He's clutch, that's how.

Nuggets won yeah, but Gallo did not outplay Melo. Call it a morale victory for all I care, but I'm speaking strictly individual performance. And the only reason it's even remotely comparable is because Melo had a rough 3 quarter showing most likely due to his wrist injury.

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:19 AM
He won.

Because if you actually watched the game and not look at the scoreboard you'll know that Melo singlehandedly took the Knicks to double OT. He's clutch, that's how.

Nuggets won yeah, but Gallo did not outplay Melo. Call it a morale victory for all I care, but I'm speaking strictly individual performance. And the only reason it's even remotely comparable is because Melo had a rough 3 quarter showing due to his wrist injury.

DeadlyDynasty
01-22-2012, 01:21 AM

Nuggets won yeah, but Gallo did not outplay Melo. Call it a morale victory for all I care, but I'm speaking strictly individual performance. And the only reason it's even remotely comparable is because Melo had a rough 3 quarter showing due to his wrist injury.

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:24 AM
^couldnt have said it better myself

DeadlyDynasty
01-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Well you posted it 3 times so i figured the message you were trying to convey was important

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Melo had a rough 3 quarter showing due to his wrist injury.

Which nobody said a word about until prompted late in the fourth, then it was a cascade of wrist news from the talking heads.

Jesus Christ, they kept talking over each other but saying the same WRIST thing, but, out of sync. I thought my head was going to explode.

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:30 AM
^coming from a laker fan who's team captain has been injured for the past half decade

eat crow faggot

DeadlyDynasty
01-22-2012, 01:32 AM
^coming from a laker fan who's team captain has been injured for the past half decade

eat crow faggot

That doesn't make any sense.

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 01:32 AM

eat crow faggot

You've no room. Your Duncan rested tonite. Yeah, "rested." We're not 20 games into the gd thing and he's on his tramp stamp.

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
You've no room. Your Duncan rested tonite. Yeah, "rested." We're not 20 games into the gd thing and he's on his tramp stamp.

Kobe needs more rest than Duncan though. Did you watch the Lakers Florida trip?

As a fan of the game that was just bad television.

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Kobe needs more rest than Duncan though. Did you watch the Lakers Florida trip?

As a fan of the game that was just bad television.

Don't change the subject, dad. Your Duncan sat on his ass tonite and "rested."

Defend that.

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM

Defend that.

The subject is: Rest.

Kobe needs: Rest.

And there's no defending that.

DeadlyDynasty
01-22-2012, 01:40 AM
The subject is: Rest.

Kobe needs: Rest.

And there's no defending that.

Kobe shot 50% from the field, had 30 points and 8 assists on the 2nd of that B2B.

There, I just defended that.

Now defend Duncan resting when his team needed him.

Technique
01-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Kobe shot 50% from the field, had 30 points and 8 assists on the 2nd of that B2B.

There, I just defended that.

Now defend Duncan resting when his team needed him.

You know there's something fishy about Kobe looking decent on stat sheet. Oh yeah they lost by 12.

Pop wanted to give Splitter more playing time, a lot more playing time.

There.

DeadlyDynasty
01-22-2012, 01:51 AM
You know there's something fishy about Kobe looking decent on stat sheet. Oh yeah they lost by 12.

Pop wanted to give Splitter more playing time, a lot more playing time.

There.

Kobe certainly didn't look tired that game though. Pau did, and Bynum was in foul trouble throughout.

Pop hates Splitter b/c he poses a threat to Bonner, so I'm not buying that.

Does Tim Duncan change the outcome of a 3-point loss? Even if he just plays 10-15 minutes?

Technique
01-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Kobe certainly didn't look tired that game though. Pau did, and Bynum was in foul trouble throughout.

Pop hates Splitter b/c he poses a threat to Bonner, so I'm not buying that.

Does Tim Duncan change the outcome of a 3-point loss? Even if he just plays 10-15 minutes?

Everything was assessed with Duncan's game off. The coaching staff felt like they could still compete with Splitter taking up the reins. And they did just that, some tangibles are impossible to calculate, however.

Overall, Splitter played great and Duncan was a swell enough guy to let him showcase his talent tonight.

DMC
01-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Melo's heroics didn't equate to a win. 30 shots is a shit load (even in OT), and it's not like there aren't other options on that team.

I would leave the heroics to Kobe, let him shit on his team's chances to win, and play team ball in NY.

DMC
01-22-2012, 02:15 AM

Defend that.

Coming from someone who doesn't defend anything, that's awfully white of you.

rayjayjohnson
01-22-2012, 04:00 AM

Gallo bent him over and buttfucked him Rocco Siffredi style.

lol excuses.

rayjayjohnson
01-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Melo's heroics didn't equate to a win. 30 shots is a shit load (even in OT), and it's not like there aren't other options on that team.

I would leave the heroics to Kobe, let him shit on his team's chances to win, and play team ball in NY.

Precisely. Where the fuck was Stat?

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Precisely. Where the fuck was Stat?

Ask DoK, that's his horse.