PDA

View Full Version : $2,651,429.14

Nbadan
01-21-2012, 03:26 AM
Texas Taxpayers Have Spent an Estimated $2,651,429.14 on Rick Perry's Presidential Travel

$2,651,429.14. That's the estimate of how taxpayer money Texas Governor Rick Perry spent on his 160-day amateur presidential campaign. Here's how we crunched the numbers:

According to records released by the Texas Department of Public Safety and published by the Texas Tribune, we can project Perry’s security costs from the day he officially announced his candidacy (August 13, 2011) to the time he suspended his campaign (January 19, 2012). Here is the total amount of taxpayer dollars spent during the 24-day window for which Texas DPS has released records:

See rest of article and CHARTS here: http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/11754/texas-taxpayers-have-spent-an-estimated-265142914-on-rick-perrys-presidential-travel

I want my money back Mr. Perry...

Wild Cobra
01-21-2012, 03:30 AM
If you don't like it, then change the law. He has a protection service at tax payer expense. Deal with it, or change the law. It appears you are using it as an attack, which i say is inappropriate. If you want reasonable people to agree, then find something of substance.

Maybe you should petition the state of Texas to require their politicians resign before seeking higher office. Now I think that would be a worthy goal.

Cry Havoc
01-21-2012, 04:14 AM
If you don't like it, then change the law. He has a protection service at tax payer expense. Deal with it, or change the law. It appears you are using it as an attack, which i say is inappropriate. If you want reasonable people to agree, then find something of substance.

Maybe you should petition the state of Texas to require their politicians resign before seeking higher office. Now I think that would be a worthy goal.

So you don't like Obama's fiscal planning? Deal with it, or change the law. It appears that you are using the way he spends money as an attack, which I say is inappropriate.

Wild Cobra
01-21-2012, 04:45 AM
So you don't like Obama's fiscal planning? Deal with it, or change the law. It appears that you are using the way he spends money as an attack, which I say is inappropriate.
LOL...

If you want more money spent, then do it with your own. My part will be voting against him.

greyforest
01-21-2012, 10:20 AM
If you don't like it, then change the law. He has a protection service at tax payer expense. Deal with it, or change the law.

Yes, because it's so easy to change laws in this country when the sole beneficiary is politicians

Blake
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM

so you feel that once a governor is "off the clock" that he should pay for his own security?

Cry Havoc
01-22-2012, 10:22 PM
LOL...

If you want more money spent, then do it with your own. My part will be voting against him.

But you have openly criticized him in this forum for his spending. Meanwhile, you are ridiculing another poster for doing the exact same thing.

ChumpDumper
01-22-2012, 10:28 PM
2 issues.

1) He double-dipped into the state treasury for his salary AND retirement while doing fuck-all for the state, all while proposing paying Congress only part time salary.

2) He proved the state gets by fine without him.

Iranian BoogeyMan
01-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Texas Taxpayers Have Spent an Estimated $2,651,429.14 on Rick Perry's Presidential Travel

See rest of article and CHARTS here: http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/11754/texas-taxpayers-have-spent-an-estimated-265142914-on-rick-perrys-presidential-travel

That's nothing compared to the amount of money i've suckered out of you people convincing retarded bible thumpers that I indeed do exist