PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Still Butthurt about Superman

The Batman
01-21-2012, 07:27 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando Magic (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/orl/orlando-magic) center Dwight Howard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard) is a three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year and a five-time All-Star, but that wasn't enough for Shaquille O'Neal (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/614/shaquille-o'neal) to call him the best big man in the game.
O'Neal, now a TNT analyst after retiring during the offseason following a sure-to-be Hall of Fame 19-season career in the league, bestowed that distinction on Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) center Andrew Bynum (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2748/andrew-bynum) during a recent telecast.

"The best big man in the game is Andrew Bynum," O'Neal said.
Bynum and Howard went head to head in the Magic's 92-80 win over the Lakers on Friday, and Howard got the best of Bynum, finishing with 21 points, 23 rebounds and one blocked shot to Bynum's 10 points, 12 rebounds and two blocks.

"I'm not going to say I didn't hear it, because I'd be lying, but I don't pay attention to it," Bynum said when asked about O'Neal's comments. "It's tough to watch the broadcast when you're probably playing in the game, you know?"

Bynum did not show any outward signs of flattery after being told what O'Neal had said about him.

"That's fine," Bynum said. "I think if I get a lot of opportunity, I can definitely do some of the things he can."
Howard addressed O'Neal's remarks at the Magic's shootaround Friday morning.

"He's mad about 'Superman,' " Howard said, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "I didn't know he made it up. I didn't know Superman came from Shaquille O'Neal."

Added Howard: "I would suggest he'd just sit down and get on with his
life. He don't play no more, so what's the point of talking trash? It's not like we're wrestlers and we get to battle it out. Who cares?"

Red Hawk #21
01-21-2012, 07:46 PM
"I would suggest he'd just sit down and get on with his
life. He don't play no more, so what's the point of talking trash"? Owned.

Red Hawk #21
01-21-2012, 07:47 PM
"I would suggest he'd just sit down and get on with his
life. He don't play no more, so what's the point of talking trash"? Owned.

midnightpulp
01-21-2012, 07:50 PM
I agree with Shaq.

And how about this comment of Bynum's: " "I think if I get a lot of opportunity, I can definitely do some of the things he can."

Obviously referencing the touches he doesn't get because of Kobe's chucking.

lefty
01-21-2012, 08:01 PM
ROFL O'Neal is butthurt

jag
01-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Kobe won't let a nlgga get some touches.

jermaine
01-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Howard is good, but he'll never be Shaq. 4 rings to Howard's 0!?!

Budkin
01-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Shaq is and has always been a goddamn baby. He can't take it when the spotlight isn't on him. Look at his history with Penny, Kobe, and D Wade. He simply couldn't not handle being upstaged.

Giuseppe
01-21-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't blame Daddy here. Superman was his. Media sheepherded Howard's robbing of it.

It's a fuckin' shame.

It's like on here...I have to constantly protect all my "Superman" materiel from you guys.

djohn2oo8
01-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't blame Daddy here. Superman was his. Media sheepherded Howard's robbing of it.

It's a fuckin' shame.

It's like on here...I have to constantly protect all my "Superman" materiel from you guys.

:lol Cul in rare form.

rayjayjohnson
01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
how the fuck can someone who grew up to become an NBA star not know Superman was Shaq's thing?

midnightpulp
01-21-2012, 11:28 PM

It's a fuckin' shame.

Horseshit. You stole 90% of your shit from song lyrics, movie quotes, popular sayings, wrestling announcers, etc, etc.

Giuseppe
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Horseshit. You stole 90% of your shit from song lyrics, movie quotes, popular sayings, wrestling announcers, etc, etc.

My ass.

I got it the same way Daddy got it from Universal who got it from D.C. who got it from those two Jew kids.

midnightpulp
01-21-2012, 11:31 PM
My ass.

I got it the same way Daddy got it from Universal who got it from D.C. who got it from those two Jew kids.

:tu Thanks for admitting you're a parrot.

rayjayjohnson
01-21-2012, 11:34 PM
I bet this is where white-boy 'Seppe gets it from

aWDbQNGep8E

Giuseppe
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
:tu Thanks for admitting you're a parrot.

Not so.

Giuseppe
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM
I bet this is where white-boy 'Seppe

I got this as well:::

From the cradle of Confederacy, the very heart of the great Anglo Saxon Southland today we sound the call of freedom. Let us rise to call of freedom loving blood that is in us. In the name of greatest people who has ever trod this earth...

:ihit

rayjayjohnson
01-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Don't worry, 'Seppe. If you go crazy I'll still call you Superman

DMC
01-21-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't mind a player adapting a moniker, but Shaq had like 12 of them. Sorry fatass, you cannot have everything. Superman was around long before either of these pieces of shit.

Giuseppe
01-21-2012, 11:56 PM
I don't mind a player adapting a moniker, but Shaq had like 12 of them. Sorry fatass, you cannot have everything. Superman was around long before either of these pieces of shit.

bs. It's like when that one black player with the fancy real name (played for Atlanta mostly) somebody robbed his nick in broad daylight and Media refused to make it right. WTF was his name?

DMC
01-22-2012, 12:21 AM
bs. It's like when that one black player with the fancy real name (played for Atlanta mostly) somebody robbed his nick in broad daylight and Media refused to make it right. WTF was his name?

Names like "Superman" cannot be reserved.

He can have the Big Aristotle or The Diesel or what the fuck ever, but Superman can be used by anyone.

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Names like "Superman" cannot be reserved.

He can have the Big Aristotle or The Diesel or what the fuck ever, but Superman can be used by anyone.

bs. When he claimed it everybody hit their knees in tribute because he was of use for Media. Daddy even put the Superman tattoo on. By the time Howard robbed it Daddy was done and was of no use for Media so they shut their mouths and let Howard rob it.

---

Now wtf am I thinking of with the player that got his nick robbed. He played for the Jazz for a while at the end. Big burly black guy with a French type real name.

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Antoine Carr!!!

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 12:32 AM
"Big Dog"...then that asshole Robinson came along and robbed it and Media let it happen.

DMC
01-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Carr was also a Spur as was GR.

Shaq used Superman as a nickname, but Howard did not.

Giuseppe
01-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Carr was also a Spur as was GR.

Shaq used Superman as a nickname, but Howard did not.

But, he robbed the personna from Daddy and Media kept quiet and facilitated the theft.

It was wrong.

DMC
01-22-2012, 12:48 AM
But, he robbed the personna from Daddy and Media kept quiet and facilitated the theft.

It was wrong.
Bullshit.

He did not make anyone think he was either:

A: Superman
B: Shaq

He was Dwight Howard in a dunk contest. How many centers even enter that contest?

Had Shaq not bored the league to tears with his shitty play for the last 5 years of his career, maybe he would have been remembered.

Shaq should have patented Superman...

Oh wait... someone did that already.

All the actors who played Superman first should be pissed at Shaq.