PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich

MannyIsGod
01-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Has more lives than a fucking cat. This guy has been out then in of this race so many times.

Did he sell his soul to the devil?

Wild Cobra
01-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Has more lives than a fucking cat. This guy has been out then in of this race so many times.

He's part of the establishment. Just that simple.

Mavillionaire
01-21-2012, 08:09 PM
This is going to be the GOP's candidate?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Girasuck
01-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Anybody but Romney...and we both belong to the same cult.

Huntsman was my guy. Not sure where to go now.

Bill_Brasky
01-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Just go ahead and give Obama his 4 more years so he doesn't have to waste his time campaigning :lmao

Wild Cobra
01-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Anybody but Romney...
Sure, there will be that. but there is also the "Anbody but Obama" crowd also.

be an interesting race if Mitt gets the nomination.

greyforest
01-21-2012, 09:21 PM
it's really funny to watch the republican party flounder trying to find a candidate. the candidates are all finally too goddamn corrupt, ignorant, or otherwise unelectable to the point where no one candidate makes everyone happy.

in particular, watching the revision of earlier primary votes is such a hilarious spectacle. so many "mistakes" were uncovered to the benefit of whichever candidate is the GOP-declared front runner that particular week. Also, watch closely and laugh as the GOP continually limits and shuts down Ron Paul's exposure.

These primaries are literally the only way anyone ever becomes president. Completely unregulated, they are run by a duopoly of political parties. Not a single person will become president without getting their name on the ballot with a D or R, and this completely undemocratic, corporate-funded spectacle before you is the only method in which any president will ever be selected from now on.

Wild Cobra
01-21-2012, 09:30 PM
it's really funny to watch the republican party flounder trying to find a candidate. the candidates are all finally too goddamn corrupt, ignorant, or otherwise unelectable to the point where no one candidate makes everyone happy.

in particular, watching the revision of earlier primary votes is such a hilarious spectacle. so many "mistakes" were uncovered to the benefit of whichever candidate is the GOP-declared front runner that particular week. Also, watch closely and laugh as the GOP continually limits and shuts down Ron Paul's exposure.

These primaries are literally the only way anyone ever becomes president. Completely unregulated, they are run by a duopoly of political parties. Not a single person will become president without getting their name on the ballot with a D or R, and this completely undemocratic, corporate-funded spectacle before you is the only method in which any president will ever be selected from now on.
Paul seems to be the only respectable one left, and is mainlining top positioning, but he is still being widely ignored by the media. Shows how powerful the establishment is.

I'll bet the establishment is scared.

greyforest
01-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Paul seems to be the only respectable one left, and is mainlining top positioning, but he is still being widely ignored by the media. Shows how powerful the establishment is.

I'll bet the establishment is scared.

Agreed 100%.

The establishment being scared is a good thing. They'll have to stop fucking over their populous so much, which is good for everybody (including them!)

mavs>spurs
01-21-2012, 10:17 PM
well americans don't care about morals or religion anymore so mormons and adulterous old faggots even have a shot at winning elections, don't worry it's all a part of their endgame

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
:lol Americans don't care about religion, really?

Religion is the only reason Rick Santorum won Iowa and is even a remotely relevant candidate.

Buddy Holly
01-21-2012, 10:46 PM
:lol Americans don't care about religion, really?

Religion is the only reason Rick Santorum won Iowa and is even a remotely relevant candidate.

Iowa does not equal America. :nope

Religion is slowly losing its grip on America.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/128276/increasing-number-no-religious-identity.aspx

TheProfessor
01-21-2012, 10:55 PM
well americans don't care about morals or religion anymore so mormons and adulterous old faggots even have a shot at winning elections, don't worry it's all a part of their endgame
Huh? Many people, particularly Evangelicals, won't vote for Romney because they consider him a cultist and not a true Christian. As far as Gingrich, if you admit your flaws and ask for forgiveness, Americans are pretty obliging. I would say both of those are rooted in religious/moral beliefs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Iowa does not equal America. :nope

Religion is slowly losing its grip on America.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/128276/increasing-number-no-religious-identity.aspx
I wish I could agree religion is losing its grip on America but when Santorum, Bachmann, and Perry can all be serious primary candidates at a certain point it means religion still has a plenty big grip on America.

ploto
01-21-2012, 11:08 PM
As far as Gingrich, if you admit your flaws and ask for forgiveness, Americans are pretty obliging. I would say both of those are rooted in religious/moral beliefs.

Gingrich's becoming Catholic is an issue for some of these Evangelicals, as well.

greyforest
01-21-2012, 11:33 PM
As far as Gingrich, if you admit your flaws and ask for forgiveness, Americans are pretty obliging.

Gingrich asking for an open marriage pisses off the Christian right a huge amount because it's sorta kinda the absolute antithesis the whole "sanctity of marriage" thing they tend to harp on about.

It's really hilarious to me how pathetic and hypocritical all these candidates are. I know what the republican's ideals are even if I don't share most of them, and even I can see that none of these (GOP-endorsed) candidates represent them or live by them with any reasonable amount of conviction.

Stringer_Bell
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
I wish I could agree religion is losing its grip on America but when Santorum, Bachmann, and Perry can all be serious primary candidates at a certain point it means religion still has a plenty big grip on America.

Key word = primary candidates. The only people voting right now are the most depraved and/or desperate members of "the right" - so it's entirely reasonable that they'd be voting for totally unreasonable candidates. It's par for the course. Same thing happens on the left...remember John Kerry?

TheProfessor
01-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Gingrich asking for an open marriage pisses off the Christian right a huge amount because it's sorta kinda the absolute antithesis the whole "sanctity of marriage" thing they tend to harp on about.
Christian right didn't seem to mind all that much tonight. He crushed Romney amongst Evangelicals, who for all his flaws seems to have the "family man" thing going. Should Santorum agree to drop out or continue losing support, even more will flock to Gingrich, unless he screws it up like last time.

ElNono
01-21-2012, 11:52 PM
The bottom line is that evangelicals, tea potties, etc all will close their noses and vote whoever has an (R) next to their name in the general election.

The real question is who appeals to the middle better to actually have a shot at winning the election. I think from this batch of candidates, Romney is probably that guy.

Spurminator
01-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Regardless of how it turns out, looks like the GOP nominee will likely be an even more two-faced liar than the current President. Hooray.

Stringer_Bell
01-22-2012, 12:04 AM
I haven't been around much lately, but does everyone more or less realize how creepy Newt actually is as a person? I just wanna make sure we're all on the same page, cuz that dude is creepy as fuck.

TheProfessor
01-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I haven't been around much lately, but does everyone more or less realize how creepy Newt actually is as a person? I just wanna make sure we're all on the same page, cuz that dude is creepy as fuck.
He's about the most despicable, egotistical, and lecherous sleazebag I can think of, which makes his comeback and Romney's collapse all the more remarkable.

One thing about Gingrich - he's a master of self-sabotage. I fully expect him to make some foolish comment in the next few days that will make Florida closer than it should be.

SA210
01-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Huh? Many people, particularly Evangelicals, won't vote for Romney because they consider him a cultist and not a true Christian. As far as Gingrich, if you admit your flaws and ask for forgiveness, Americans are pretty obliging. I would say both of those are rooted in religious/moral beliefs.

No, he's an evil bastard that had the hardcore attitude that he didn't give a F*** about the mudslinging. He stared it in the face and said F*** YOU, and that gets him the respect from the crazy right and that's what scares the pussy left. The left should have acted just as tough with the Edwards affair, plain and simple. They're pussy's and this is why Republicans win. The "I don't give f***" attitude.

Oh, Gee!!
01-22-2012, 02:16 AM
republicans is fukt

Wild Cobra
01-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Speak for yourself, and the other <20% who claim to be the 99%.

Wild Cobra
01-22-2012, 03:31 AM
Gingrich's becoming Catholic is an issue for some of these Evangelicals, as well.
Funny how somebody finds something when it's a convenient thing.

Wild Cobra
01-22-2012, 03:34 AM

Not to defend Newt, but I do know the claim came from his ex-wife. Did Newt acknowledge that as accurate?

How many ex's do you think still gold grudges, and will lie to make their ex look bad? Unless this is backed up by others, I think it is irrelevant.

What if she is pissed and vengeful because now she knows she could have been the First lady, but can't be now?

Jacob1983
01-22-2012, 03:41 AM
It's not what ya know. It's what ya can prove.

Winehole23
01-22-2012, 04:25 AM
come again? what are you talking about?

ChumpDumper
01-22-2012, 04:42 AM
It's not what ya know. It's what ya can prove.Prove it.

JoeChalupa
01-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Newt is on a roll but I still believe Romney will win the nomination in the end.

Wild Cobra
01-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Newt is on a roll but I still believe Romney will win the nomination in the end.
Are you already ruling Paul out?

I don't like Paul's foreign relations stance, but I decided I like him best of the remaining contenders. I'll vote for Romney, but if Gingrich wins... I'll vote 3rd party and spoil my vote.

I don't see much harm happening because I expect the republicans to keep the house. However, if they also win the senate. I do not want the presidency held by Gingrich! In such a case, I prefer Obama remain. Nothing done is better than what the establishment crowd will attempt.

JoeChalupa
01-22-2012, 07:30 AM

I don't like Paul's foreign relations stance, but I decided I like him best of the remaining contenders. I'll vote for Romney, but if Gingrich wins... I'll vote 3rd party and spoil my vote.

I don't see much harm happening because I expect the republicans to keep the house. However, if they also win the senate. I do not want the presidency held by Gingrich! In such a case, I prefer Obama remain. Nothing done is better than what the establishment crowd will attempt.

I ruled out Ron Paul months ago. The man has a message but that alone will not win him the GOP nomination and his stance on foreign policy is a sure killer for the GOP.
I did hear some shouts for Santorum for VP under Gingrich but that would be one wild ticket.

boutons_deux
01-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Gingrich -- and Race-Baiting -- Wins in South Carolina

Marking a triumph for the return of unvarnished racism on the American political stage, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich handily won the South Carolina Republican presidential primary on Saturday,

he was honing his winning strategy for propelling his candidacy on the toxic fuel of racial resentment, a particularly potent brew with a black man occupying the White House.

After his loss to Romney and Santorum in Iowa, Gingrich apparently devised a plan that set his sights on South Carolina, where the Confederate flag still flies on the grounds of the state capitol.

he deftly repackaged an off-hand, race-baiting remark made by Rick Santorum in Iowa, and dubbed Barack Obama the "food stamp president."

He set about putting a black face on all of America's poor, and then insinuating that these presumably dark-skinned dependents on public assistance arrived at their lowly station through laziness and the radical, redistributionist policies of America's first African-American president. Whenever he could pair his racist theories with attacks on other targets of the right -- say, labor unions and public employees -- he did. Child labor laws should be adjusted so that public school custodians could be replaced with poor kids -- who did, after all, need the money, he said, and an infusion of work ethic.

exactly a week ahead of the South Carolina primary, Gingrich paid a visit to the Jones Memorial A.M.E. Church in Columbia, South Carolina, to face a largely African-American audience described by Politico as "hostile." There, he belligerently stuck to his guns in describing the nation's first black commander-in-chief as the "food stamp president" by repeating his false claim that, under Barack Obama, "more people have been put on food stamps by Barack Obama than any president in American history."

Gingrich's foray into enemy territory yielded local reporting that the white, right-wing base of the South Carolina G.O.P. could really soak up.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/765358/gingrich_--_and_race-baiting_--_wins_in_south_carolina?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=alternet

Catholic Leaders Call On Gingrich And Santorum To ‘Stop Perpetuating Ugly Racial Stereotypes’ About Poverty

As Catholic leaders who recognize that the moral scandals of racism and poverty remain a blemish on the American soul, we challenge our fellow Catholics Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum to stop perpetuating ugly racial stereotypes on the campaign trail. [...]

Labeling our nation’s first African-American president with a title that evokes the past myth of “welfare queens” and inflaming other racist caricatures is irresponsible, immoral and unworthy of political leaders.

Some presidential candidates now courting “values voters” seem to have forgotten that defending human life and dignity does not stop with protecting the unborn. We remind Mr. Gingrich and Mr. Santorum that Catholic bishops describe racism as an “intrinsic evil” and consistently defend vital government programs such as food stamps and unemployment benefits that help struggling Americans.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/01/20/408144/catholic-leaders-call-on-gingrich-and-santorum-to-stop-perpetuating-ugly-racial-stereotypes-about-poverty/

Republican Racism is an Air Raid Siren, Not a Dog Whistle

Definitions matter: dog whistle politics are based on a signal or cue to the in-group, and one so subtle that those not in the know will overlook it as no more than quixotic background noise, a blip, a comment without context or meaning.

For example, during the 2004 election, President Bush's mention of the infamous Dredd Scott Supreme Court decision had nothing to do with African Americans and slavery. Rather, it was a wink to a rabidly anti-choice conservative Right-wing audience that Roe vs. Wade would be overturned by his administration.

In 2012, Republican candidates are using overt signals, what are for all intents and purposes blaring air raid sirens and signal flares that race, whiteness, and American identity are deeply intertwined. The appeals to white racism by the Tea Party GOP during the primaries are not background rhythms or subdued choruses. They are the driving guitars of Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla," the chorus of Jay-Z's "99 Problems," the opening moments of the Notorious B.I.G's "Kick in the Door," or the flipped samples of Justice's "Stress". You feel it. You know it. To deny the obvious is to close one's ears to a driving drum line and cadence that travels up through your shoes...and to your bones.

How else can a fair observer excuse away Republican arguments that blacks are lazy parasites, whose children should live in work houses and pick up mops and brooms to learn a work ethic, that "illegal" immigrants should be killed by electric fences, or Muslim Americans should be subject to racial profiling, marked like the "Juden" of Nazi Germany?

In all, the Tea Party GOP's campaign for the presidency rests upon marshaling white anger and rage at The Usurper, a perpetual Other, and one not fit for the presidency by virtue of his birth and skin color--he who we know as President Barack Obama. If Birtherism is not based on this calculation, on what else does it rest?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190035

Nixon/Atwater's famous "Southern Strategy" of converting white, racist, "Christian" Southern Dems to the Repug party after the civil rights gains of the 1960s worked wonderfully.

EVAY
01-22-2012, 11:10 AM
The bottom line is that evangelicals, tea potties, etc all will close their noses and vote whoever has an (R) next to their name in the general election.

The real question is who appeals to the middle better to actually have a shot at winning the election. I think from this batch of candidates, Romney is probably that guy.

Absolutely.

boutons_deux
01-22-2012, 01:05 PM
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT

Did Gingrich's S.C. Win Break the Rules?

By NATE SILVER

South Carolina, moreover, is a quirky state, seemingly having resisted the tendency of its neighbors Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and Virginia to behave less like a Southern state and more like a coastal one.

But South Carolina's seeming rejection of Mr. Romney goes beyond cultural or demographic idiosyncrasies. Mr. Romney was resoundingly defeated by Mr. Gingrich, losing badly among his worst demographic groups and barely beating Mr. Gingrich among his best ones. Had you extrapolated the exit poll cross-tabulations from South Carolina to the other 49 states, Mr. Romney might have lost 47 of them. Moreover, the decline of Mr. Romney was almost as significant in national polls as it was in South Carolina.

Perhaps Mr. Romney's defeat had less to do with the place and more to do with the timing. It is not at all uncommon for voters to rebel against an "inevitable" nominee.

In fact, it might be expected under the "More of the Same" paradigm.Since a version of the current nominating rules were adopted in 1972, the only non-incumbent candidate to have swept all 50 states was Al Gore in 2000, and Mr. Gore was a de facto incumbent, having been the vice president to a popular president and having only one significant intraparty challenger in Bill Bradley.

The cases where the national polling lead shifted after New Hampshire are few and far between. It has never happened in a Republican race, although it did occur for Democrats in 1972, 1984, 1988 and 2008. With the partial exception of 1988, when Michael Dukakis became a fairly clear favorite after Super Tuesday, each of those contests was a fight to the finish.But in each case the front-runner's lead had been marginal - not like the robust lead that Mr. Romney had seemed to hold.

What has been especially strange about the recent reversal in polls is that it seemed to come out of nowhere. The Monday night debate in Myrtle Beach, S.C., was not Mr. Romney's strongest, and he was judged by most observers to have lost it to Mr. Gingrich. Even when a candidate loses a debate, however, he usually does not see an overnight 20-point shift against him in polls.

Perhaps, then, there is profound resistance among Republican voters to nominating Mr. Romney after all. He has significant weaknesses as a candidate, having reversed his position on several major issues at a time when conservative voters distrust the Republican establishment and value authenticity. And he is a Mormon from Massachusetts - not a traditional pedigree for a Republican candidate.

My view is that Mr. Gingrich's win in South Carolina alone is not enough to be paradigm-breaking. But if he follows it with a win in Florida, all bets are off. Not only would that represent further evidence of Mr. Gingrich's strength, it would suggest that we had been weighing the evidence incorrectly all along.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article;jsessionid=4FC7A4450B200C4904B2E1794E57545 E.w5?a=900578&single=1&f=19

The Repug establishment, power brokers, financial sector want Willard Gecko. Will they get him? Very probably.

They all know Noot is unelectable.

boutons_deux
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
If Willard Gecko had won SC, would he have done this?

Romney readies tax returns to regain Republican lead

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney pledged on Sunday to release his tax returns this week, bowing to pressure from critics and hoping to make up for a misstep that helped rival Newt Gingrich win South Carolina's primary race.

Long considered the frontrunner, Romney stumbled badly in debates last week on his delay in disclosing his tax returns and then lost his air of being the inevitable Republican nominee after a resurrected Gingrich soundly defeated him in the third contest.

Gingrich, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, pounced on Romney's surprising weakness and rode it to victory on Saturday, trouncing the former governor of Massachusetts by 40 percent to 28 percent in South Carolina.

Trying to regain his momentum as the race heads to the pivotal state of Florida, Romney sought to draw a line under the bad week and fix his error. He said he would release his 2010 returns and an estimate for 2011 on Tuesday.

"We made a mistake holding off as long as we did and it just was a distraction," Romney said on Fox News Sunday.

Last week, Romney said he pays a tax rate of around 15 percent, a low rate compared to many American wage earners but in line with what wealthy individuals pay on income that largely comes from investments.

One of the wealthiest presidential candidates in history, Romney emphasized he was releasing two years of returns after Gingrich posted his taxes for one year -- 2010 -- on Thursday.

http://mobile.chicagotribune.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=1524626&postId=1524626&postUserId=54&sessionToken=&catId=6957&curAbsIndex=1&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523 desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A54%26DFC%3Dcat1%252Ccat2% 252Ccat3%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%25 3A6957%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3

Winehole23
01-22-2012, 03:05 PM
There is almost artistic vulgarity in Gingrich's unrepented role as a hired larynx for interests profiting from such government follies as ethanol and cheap mortgages. His Olympian sense of exemption from standards and logic allowed him, fresh from pocketing $1.6 million from Freddie Mac (for services as a "historian"), to say "if you want to put people in jail," look at "the politicians who profited from" Washington's environment.http://thetimes-tribune.com/opinion/editorials-columns/national-columnists/newt-s-artistic-vulgarity-1.1242107#ixzz1kDf3N9nu

ChumpDumper
01-22-2012, 03:08 PM
I still want to know why Freddie needed a million dollar historian and precisely what the million dollar historian did.

EVAY
01-22-2012, 03:20 PM
I still want to know why Freddie needed a million dollar historian and precisely what the million dollar historian did.

I fully expect that if Newt continues to do well, someone somewhere is gonna find that contract and put it on the internet.

boutons_deux
01-22-2012, 03:28 PM
In Confident Sign, Gingrich Changes Facebook Status to ‘In an Open Relationship’

http://www.borowitzreport.com/wp-content/uploads/Newt.jpg

CHARLESTON, SC – In a sign of renewed confidence, just minutes after former House Speaker Newt Gingrich romped to victory in the South Carolina primary he changed his Facebook status to “In an Open Relationship.”

Mr. Gingrich made no reference to his new Facebook status during his victory speech, in which he made an emotional appeal to the American people: “I say to each and every one of you: Join me. Join me in my marriage.”

The former House Speaker used the speech to highlight the differences between himself and the current resident of the White House: “The American people have a choice: do they want a President who issues food stamps, or one who runs up a $500,000 tab at Tiffany?”

Mr. Gingrich drew cheers and a standing ovation as he concluded his remarks, saying, “In closing, I am staying at the Marriott, Rm. 205. Ladies?”

In yet another boost, Mr. Gingrich received this nod from former rival Herman Cain: “I am not endorsing Newt Gingrich, but I am endorsing Newt Gingrich’s lifestyle.”

At the White House, President Obama made only a glancing reference to the results in South Carolina, telling reporters, “I haven’t been this happy since we smoked bin Laden.”

For his part, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney minimized Mr. Gingrich’s 12% margin of victory: “That’s even less than I pay in taxes.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

Winehole23
01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
I still want to know why Freddie needed a million dollar historian and precisely what the million dollar historian did.I'm kind of curious what he did with the $1.6 mil. 500 grand would retire his tab at Tiffany's, but at this point I would imagine he's already ordering cufflinks, tie tacks and commemorative gifts for the inaugural.

boutons_deux
01-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Newt's South Carolina, Blood for Bloodsport's Sake

Once he became the vandal he was born to be, the political arsonist among the abandoned tenements of Republican thought, he was bound to take off again.

The base doesn't want someone whose ideas on job creation will triumph because they are superior to the president's. They want somebody who can beat him bloody, vicariously, on their behalf, somebody who can "put him in his place."

They want someone who will kill the administration just for the sheer fun of watching it die.

That's why Newt's fortunes took off after he slapped around Juan Williams on Monday night, and that's why they went into hyper-drive on Thursday when he declared to be "despicable" any public mention of the chronic staff-banging that wrecked his second marriage and that helped wreck his speakership.

Sooner or later, he was going to light the whole race on fire just to giggle over the flames, and that meant he had to come do it in South Carolina, and that meant he had to come do it in the upcountry around Greenville, where the base of the base always has been located, where people can be found who will gleefully join him around the bonfire, where is located the ancient home office of American treason.

argument for electability based on blood and sinew and the raw bloodsport that's been on display since Newt disposed of his statesman's kid gloves and shined up the brass knuckles again. This is where Newt Gingrich's politics were born, places like this, deep in the unreconstructed Id of the unreconstructed South. He was always going to come home.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/9558-newts-south-carolina-blood-for-bloodsports-sake

spursncowboys
01-22-2012, 05:11 PM

I am definitely ruling paul out. His ceiling from here on out is 15%. book it.

spursncowboys
01-22-2012, 05:13 PM
I wonder how much of that 1.6 was taxed?

ploto
01-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Not to defend Newt, but I do know the claim came from his ex-wife. Did Newt acknowledge that as accurate?

I would think the affair while this wife was ill would be enough to show he has no respect for the sanctity of marriage.

EVAY
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I would think the affair while this wife was ill would be enough to show he has no respect for the sanctity of marriage.

This.

fraga
01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
http://digg.com/story/r/family_values_1

AFBlue
01-22-2012, 11:28 PM
I get his appeal. He's a smug asshole that's good at one-liners, and he's not afraid to make villains out of unpopular institutions/people. I don't think he's got the character or leadership to be president, but he struck the right tone for a pissed off SC republican base.

AFBlue
01-22-2012, 11:29 PM

This.

This...times two actually.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2012, 11:48 PM

is that why he's the frontrunner? so many people really give a shit about him being mormon huh

4>0rings
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
People that change their vote due to the candidates % of winning make me sick. That's just front running faggotry right there.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2012, 01:18 AM
I get his appeal. He's a smug asshole that's good at one-liners, and he's not afraid to make villains out of unpopular institutions/people.Geez, you might as well vote for me.

AFBlue
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Geez, you might as well vote for me.

:lol

Resemblance noted and appreciated. Now GFY!

MannyIsGod
01-23-2012, 01:34 AM

Don't agree with this. Voter enthusiasm is huge because it drives the turnout that is necessary to win in the polarized environment we have. Turnout is pretty much everything and if the republican candidate is not driving enthusiasim (and at this point I don't see how he can barring major game changing events) then its going to play havok with turnout.

ElNono
01-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Don't agree with this. Voter enthusiasm is huge because it drives the turnout that is necessary to win in the polarized environment we have. Turnout is pretty much everything and if the republican candidate is not driving enthusiasim (and at this point I don't see how he can barring major game changing events) then its going to play havok with turnout.

I'm just pretty certain that neither those entirely aligned to the left or right have enough votes to win the election. That's why candidates always shift to the middle after winning the nomination and prior to the general election. Of all of these GOP candidates, the only one I see that can appeal to the middle is Romney. I'm sure if any of the other ones get the nomination, they'll probably try to shift the message to appeal to the independent voters more, but their track record kinda kills them. My opinion anyways.

Wild Cobra
01-23-2012, 03:22 AM
That thing about talking about poverty being racist was funny. Talking about poverty does not mean "black" since more whites live in poverty than blacks.

boutons_deux
01-23-2012, 05:40 AM
poverty in a Repug/conservative mouth is a euphemism/code word for lying, cheating, lazy n!gg@s.

Wild Cobra
01-23-2012, 05:44 AM
poverty in a Repug/conservative mouth is a euphemism/code word for lying, cheating, lazy n!gg@s.
No, it's how demoncraps like you rephrase it to mean. A slander against your opponent.

boutons_deux
01-23-2012, 05:45 AM
Even Blustering New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Thinks Newt Gingrich has "Embarrassed" the GOP

Christie told "Meet the Press" that Gingrich's ethics violations and failures as Speaker make him unqualified to be President.

Christie told NBC’s David Gregory that the former speaker just didn’t have the experience needed to be president.

“I think Newt Gingrich has embarrassed the party over time,” Christie explained. “Whether he’ll do it again in the future, I don’t know. But Gov. Romney never has.”

“We all know the record,” the New Jersey governor continued. “He was run out of the speakership by his own party. He was fined $300,000 for ethics violations. This is a guy who’s had a very difficult political career at times and has been an embarrassment to the party.”

http://www.alternet.org/story/153847/even_blustering_new_jersey_governor_chris_christie _thinks_newt_gingrich_has_%22embarrassed%22_the_go p?akid=8163.187590.MVB29R&rd=1&t=21

JoeChalupa
01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
We'll see if Newt can have another strong debate or will he put his foot in his mouth?

SnakeBoy
01-23-2012, 06:04 PM

No he didn't sell his soul, he's more akin to a souless zombie. Romney killed him in NH but forgot zombie Rule #2 - Double Tap.

CosmicCowboy
01-23-2012, 06:09 PM

creepy? Now CALISTA is creepy...

http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2012/01/Callista-Gingrich-eyes.jpg

Spurminator
01-23-2012, 06:46 PM

I think voter enthusiasm for a particular candidate is more important on the Democrat side. Younger voters especially need to be inspired by something other than their animosity towards the other candidate. I don't think it's as important for Republicans to be motivated by their candidate, because their primary motivating force will be Obama.

The only way I see Romney's unpopularity among Republicans affecting his potential votes is if a viable conservative third party candidate is in the race.

SnakeBoy
01-23-2012, 07:01 PM
I think voter enthusiasm for a particular candidate is more important on the Democrat side. Younger voters especially need to be inspired by something other than their animosity towards the other candidate. I don't think it's as important for Republicans to be motivated by their candidate, because their primary motivating force will be Obama.

The only way I see Romney's unpopularity among Republicans affecting his potential votes is if a viable conservative third party candidate is in the race.

There's a saying that could have saved you some typing...Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line.

EVAY
01-23-2012, 07:03 PM
creepy? Now CALISTA is creepy...

http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2012/01/Callista-Gingrich-eyes.jpg

:lol Oh, so true!!

JoeChalupa
01-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I heard Newt sent out a press release called "Mitt Romney's Top Conservative Acheivements"...It's empty.

NewcastleKEG
01-23-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm rooting for Newt to get the nomination

His campaign would further destroy the conservative movement in this country

JoeChalupa
01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm rooting for Newt to get the nomination

His campaign would further destroy the conservative movement in this country

That would be something to see. Keep going Newt.

boutons_deux
01-25-2012, 10:06 AM
How Newt Stopped Marianne From Revealing Secrets the First Time

it was hard to make sense of Newt’s scorched-earth approach to the divorce, which has already revealed his six-year-long extramarital affair [3] with congressional aide Calista Bisek and tainted whatever was left of his image as a family-values Republican. [4]

His strategy of all-out fighting — and dragging his new love into the mess — seems irrational to an outsider, I commented.

“It looks that way to an insider,” Marianne said with a sad smile.

Why isn’t Newt trying to head this ugly divorce trial off at the pass? Why are there no settlement talks occurring?

“My hunch is that he doesn’t care about his public image any longer,” says one of Newt Gingrich’s associates. “He’s enjoying being in the private sector, and that means not having to worry about bad press."

This may be a sign that Newt has given up on politics. (Although talk of his political rehabilitation has always seemed far-fetched, he did refuse to rule out future runs when he announced his resignation a year ago.)

Newt-haters theoretically could have feared a Nixon-like return from the near-dead — but given how Newt is handling this case, they need not fret any longer.

a few weeks later, Newt did settle the divorce. That was before he or Callista had to turn over records and be deposed.

http://motherjones.com/print/157721

========

Repugs sure know how to pick their candidates.

boutons_deux
01-25-2012, 11:49 AM
The obese sack of shit doing well in the polls. America The Beautiful

Florida Polls Show Big Jump For Newt Gingrich After South Carolina

Newt Gingrich's improbable late January surge appears to be rolling into Florida, as a new poll confirms that victory in the South Carolina primary produced a "big jump" in the former House speaker's support with just six days remaining before the Florida primary.

The new survey by the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute shows former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney still narrowly leading Gingrich, 34 to 24 percent, in interviews conducted among 601 likely Republican primary voters from Jan. 19 to Jan. 23. But on roughly half of the interviews conducted since Saturday's South Carolina primary, Gingrich moves from trailing Romney by 11 percentage points on the Quinnipiac poll (26 to 37 percent), to a six-point lead (40 to 34 percent).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/florida-polls-newt-gingrich_n_1230630.html?ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=012512&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NewsEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

cheguevara
01-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Gingrich promises to overthrow Castro on his first term and bring back Cold War Spy Games :lmao

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich vowed Monday night that as president he will "overthrow the regime" of Fidel Castro.

Responding to a question by Brian Williams during the NBC debate in Tampa about U.S. policy toward Cuba, Gingrich said he would press for a "Cuban spring," much like the Arab spring sweeping the Middle East.

"We will not tolerate four more years of this [Castro] regime," Gingrich said.

Fidel Castro has been in power for more than 50 years and Cuba remains one of the most repressive regimes in the world. Although his health has failed him in recent years, and his brother is the official leader of the country, Castro continues to lead behind the scenes.

Gingrich said he would accomplish the goal of ousting Castro by "using every asset" the U.S. government has, including supporting a popular uprising and encouraging Cuban youth to take to the streets.

boutons_deux
01-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Who Is Sheldon Adelson, What Has Newt Promised Him?

Sheldon Adelson, the billionaire casino owner, is now the poster boy for what's terribly wrong with our campaign-finance system. Adelson, you may recall, had, before the South Carolina Republican primary, donated $5 million to the pro-Gingrich Super Pac "Winning Our Future" - giving Newt a pile of money for negative advertising against Mitt Romney in South Carolina.

Adelson has done it again. He and his wife Marian have cut another $5 million check for Gingrich to go negative on Romney in Florida. The money won't go as far as it did in South Carolina - TV ads cost a lot more in Florida - but it's enough to give the Grinch a solid footing.

And, who knows? The Adelsons are billionaires. They might decide to put in another $5 million or perhaps $20 million into Gingrich's Super Pac. The point is, there's no limit.

Do you know who Sheldon and Marian Adelson are? Do you know what Gingrich has promised them, or what they think they'll get out of a Grinch presidency? I don't. But if Newt becomes President of the United States, they'll be singularly responsible. And we better find out, because Newt will owe them big time.

Forget the Lincoln Bedroom. The Adelsons and their kids will have the run of the White House, including the Oval Office. Hey, they'll take over the Old Executive Building next door and turn it into a casino.

Never before in the history of American politics has a single couple given more money to a single candidate and had a bigger impact - all courtesy of the Supreme Court and its grotesque decisions that speech is money and corporations are people under the First Amendment.

http://www.readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/9619-focus-who-is-sheldon-adelson-what-has-newt-promised-him

Winehole23
01-26-2012, 08:34 AM
After nearly a week (http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/01/were-still-talking-about-john-king-112246.html) on the defensive, CNN's John King (http://www.politico.com/tag/JohnKing) reports tonight that Newt Gingrich's (http://www.politico.com/2012-election/newt-gingrich/index.html) claim about offering witnesses to ABC News in his defense — to rebut the network's interview with his second wife, Marianne Gingrich (http://www.politico.com/tag/Marianne-Gingrich) — was not true.

"Tonight, after persistent questioning by our staff, the Gingrich campaign concedes now Speaker Gingrich was wrong — both in his debate answer (http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/01/the-john-kingnewt-gingrich-exchange-111596.html), and in our interview yesterday," King said on tonight's edition of John King USA. "Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond says the only people the Gingrich campaign offered to ABC were his two daughters from his first marriage."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/01/gingrich-admits-abc-claim-was-false-112344.html

101A
01-26-2012, 08:47 AM
The only reason Newt is in this race, and has a shot at the nomination is that conservatives/Republicans REALLY don't like Romney. Frankly, I am on record here that I will not support Romney, and WOULD vote for Gingrich over him, simply to tweak the powers that be in the Republican party who have, obviously, chosen Romney as their guy (why else would ALL of the candidates who actually have a shot at beating Obama be staying on the sidelines?)

Newt Gingrich: Lifelong politician, scumbag, former speaker - non-establishment candidate? Apparently so.

I'll probably vote for Paul now - it doesn't matter at this point. NONE of the Republicans in the race can actually win the presidency.

Winehole23
01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-01-25.html

Winehole23
01-26-2012, 09:05 AM
I'll probably vote for Paul now - it doesn't matter at this point. NONE of the Republicans in the race can actually win the presidency.I don't know about that, but if RP runs third party I'd have to consider that. As it stands my vote probably goes to the genial but feeble LP-USA candidate, Gary Johnson.

101A
01-26-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't know about that, but if RP runs third party I'd have to consider that. As it stands my vote probably goes to the genial but feeble LP-USA candidate, Gary Johnson.

I was speaking specifically about the primary; in the general - that sounds about right.

silverblk mystix
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Who Is Sheldon Adelson, What Has Newt Promised Him?

Sheldon Adelson, the billionaire casino owner, is now the poster boy for what's terribly wrong with our campaign-finance system. Adelson, you may recall, had, before the South Carolina Republican primary, donated $5 million to the pro-Gingrich Super Pac "Winning Our Future" - giving Newt a pile of money for negative advertising against Mitt Romney in South Carolina.

Adelson has done it again. He and his wife Marian have cut another $5 million check for Gingrich to go negative on Romney in Florida. The money won't go as far as it did in South Carolina - TV ads cost a lot more in Florida - but it's enough to give the Grinch a solid footing.

And, who knows? The Adelsons are billionaires. They might decide to put in another $5 million or perhaps $20 million into Gingrich's Super Pac. The point is, there's no limit.

Do you know who Sheldon and Marian Adelson are? Do you know what Gingrich has promised them, or what they think they'll get out of a Grinch presidency? I don't. But if Newt becomes President of the United States, they'll be singularly responsible. And we better find out, because Newt will owe them big time.

Forget the Lincoln Bedroom. The Adelsons and their kids will have the run of the White House, including the Oval Office. Hey, they'll take over the Old Executive Building next door and turn it into a casino.

Never before in the history of American politics has a single couple given more money to a single candidate and had a bigger impact - all courtesy of the Supreme Court and its grotesque decisions that speech is money and corporations are people under the First Amendment.

http://www.readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/9619-focus-who-is-sheldon-adelson-what-has-newt-promised-him

Bingo.

Except you left out the most important part of this article...that Adelson is Jewish and Newt has promised to bend over anytime for Israel and their "interests"

Wouldn't be surprised if he actually goes very far as the U.S. has always had Israel's interests at the forefront of their agenda. The rest of the world can continue to hate us while we continue to serve Israel.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2012, 03:32 AM
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-01-25.html
Trying to get blacklisted by the liberals here, linking Ann Coulter?

JoeChalupa
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Newt still may have a chance in the Southern primaries. No?

George Gervin's Afro
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM

she is a plagerist after all

boutons_deux
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Maddow: GOP elite going all out to stop Newt

Recent days have seen an unprecedented push by some of the most powerful lawmakers and opinion-shapers in the Republican party to arrest Newt Gingrich’s rise to the top of the Republican ticket this fall. Friday night on The Rachel Maddow Show, Rachel recounted and provided historical context for some of the attacks on the former Speaker of the House and discussed how his prospects would be affected by a win in Tuesday’s Florida primary election.

Former presidential candidate and Viagra pitch-man Bob Dole weighed in with a column in the National Review Online in which he said, “Hardly anyone who served with Newt in Congress has endorsed him and that fact speaks for itself.” Gingrich, he wrote, was an “off the wall” show-boat politician who was rapidly becoming the most unpopular public official in the U.S. right as Dole was trying to mount a campaign to unseat President Clinton.

Other magazines and conservative news outlets have all weighed in, most feverishly trying to put a halt to Newt’s momentum. The Washington Post‘s Karen Tumulty joined Maddow in a discussion of the situation, which has some Democrats rubbing their hands together with glee and many Republicans becoming increasingly panicked.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/28/maddow-gop-elite-going-all-out-to-stop-newt/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2012, 08:11 PM

If you read it and actually had high school reading comprehension skills and similar critical thinking skills then you would quickly realize that she is deriding rhetoric that you yourself have been spouting in recent weeks.

The GOP is a mess. You are dumb. C'est la vie.

Wild Cobra
01-28-2012, 09:44 PM
If you read it and actually had high school reading comprehension skills and similar critical thinking skills then you would quickly realize that she is deriding rhetoric that you yourself have been spouting in recent weeks.

The GOP is a mess. You are dumb. C'est la vie.
Again, you missed the point. Yes, I like Ann Coulter. I was shocked that WH would link her.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Again, you missed the point. Yes, I like Ann Coulter. I was shocked that WH would link her.

God you are stupid. The point was that she was trashing the rhetoric that you yourself have been using for the past several weeks. Thus his linking. Am I using too big of words or something?

Wild Cobra
01-28-2012, 09:56 PM
she is a plagerist after all
Facts are facts, and to repeat them isn't plagiarism. I agree the wording of a few sentences are very close, but that happens when you put together facts from the way English is structured. Do you contend someone change the facts as not to be accused of plagiarism?

I'll bet if you worded something in your own words, using known facts, that someone else has said nearly the same identical thing.

The search tool that discovered these has since been scoffed at for how many false hits it creates.

Wild Cobra
01-28-2012, 09:57 PM
God you are stupid. The point was that she was trashing the rhetoric that you yourself have been using for the past several weeks. Thus his linking. Am I using too big of words or something?
Again, I was surprised WH linked it. Make up what ever you want. I expect nothing different from you.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Again, I was surprised WH linked it. Make up what ever you want. I expect nothing different from you.

And again I was telling you why it was linked by him. Seeing that its human nature to assume that others act as oneself, its little surprise that you limit what you read to only that which you agree with.

JoeChalupa
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Newt:As nominee,I won't accept debates in fall in which reporters are moderators.

What a wuss.

JoeChalupa
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Newt:As nominee,I won't accept debates in fall in which reporters are moderators.

What a wuss.

Winehole23
01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
crack pipe dreams

JoeChalupa
01-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I hope he keeps it to continue.

Winehole23
01-31-2012, 11:17 AM
For each caucus or primary during the 2012 presidential campaign, Gingrich's campaign has organized transportation for the reporters assigned to cover him--as is customary for nearly every presidential candidate. Each news outlet chips in to pay for the bus that trails Gingrich between each stop, and the campaign often lets reporters pay for a seat on charter flights for longer journeys. Many times, it's the only way to ensure the national media are with him at each public appearance.
That working relationship pretty much stopped working this weekend, two days before the Florida primary.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-campaign-traveling-press-own-damn-ride-014411649.html

cheguevara
01-31-2012, 11:20 AM
little Newt is taking his campaign to the internets and beyond.

he does not need no damn human reporters anymore.

boutons_deux
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Noot's campaign is as doomed as JimmyRicky's was.

Sheldon Adelson can't possibly outspend what Wall St is giving to Barry and Willard Gecko, and above all, who has the most money wins. The Presidency and all Congress is for sale.

Winehole23
01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
In mid-January, in a little-noticed blog item by the Washington Post's Anita Kumar (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/virginia-politics/post/cuccinelli-asked-to-probe-newt-gingrich-ballot-signature-irregularities/2012/01/14/gIQAP8mFzP_blog.html), it was reported that the SBE was requesting a probe by the office of VA's Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) into what SBE chairman Charlie Judd described as "irregularities" found on the Gingrich petitions.

Late last week, SBE Deputy Secretary Justin Riemer confirmed to The BRAD BLOG (http://www.bradblog.com/) both the referral to the AG's office as well as the fact that an investigation into the ballot petition fraud was officially being carried out by the AG.

"This issue has been referred to the State AG by the State Board of Elections, after learning of allegations of fraudulent signature gathering in that case, and a number of others," Riemer told us by telephone. "My understanding is that an investigation is under way," he said.

When we asked what "other" cases had also been referred to the AG, he referred us to the AG for more details, though he characterized the petition signature fraud described by Gingrich as "definitely an illegal act."

"We can confirm that there is an investigation underway," Brian J. Gottstein, Director of Communication for the Office of the Attorney General of Virginia confirmed to The BRAD BLOG (http://www.bradblog.com/) via email on Monday, "but other than that, we cannot comment about an ongoing investigation."

When pressed as to whether Gingrich and his campaign were cooperating with the investigation, whether they had revealed the name of the "one guy" they claim created 1,500 fraudulent signatures, and what other cases were being probed as a part of the same investigation, Gottstein demurred.

"To maintain the integrity of any investigation, we can't disclose details. Sorry," he wrote.
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9099

FuzzyLumpkins
01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-campaign-traveling-press-own-damn-ride-014411649.html

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Train 2012.

Winehole23
01-31-2012, 01:47 PM
related to the allegation that 950 dead people voted in the SC primary:

http://scvotes.org/2012/01/25/sec_executive_director_testifies_on_dead_voters_cl aim

boutons_deux
01-31-2012, 05:05 PM
How Newt Gingrich Crippled Congress

“I spent 16 years building a majority in the House for the first time since 1954,” Gingrich said during NBC’s Florida GOP debate Monday night, referring to the Republican takeover of the House in 1994. Over those sixteen years of personal and partisan striving, Gingrich invented or perfected many of the things that Americans dislike most about Congress. “I think I am a transformational figure,” Gingrich said before the 1994 election. “I am trying to effect a change so large that the people who would be hurt by the change, the liberal Democratic machine” will fight it, Gingrich explained.

There is no greater pathology in today’s Congress than obstructionism, from Speaker John Boehner’s (R-OH) refusal to raise the debt ceiling in July to Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) taking disaster relief funds for Hurricane Irene hostage. Both parties have long used Congress’s procedural rules to promote legislation they favor, but Gingrich created something new. “There is the assumption—pioneered by Newt Gingrich himself, as early as the 1970s—that the minority wins when Congress accomplishes less,” Representative Steny Hoyer (D-MD), the number-two Democrat in the House, explained in a 2009 speech at the Center for American Progress Action Fund. “Gingrich’s proposition, and maybe accurately, was that as long as…our party cooperate[s] with Democrats and get[s] 20 or 30 percent of what we want and they get to say they solved the problem and had a bipartisan bill, there’s no incentive for the American people to change leadership,” Hoyer told the Washington Post after the speech. “To some degree, he was proven right in 1994.”

In many ways, the obstructionist minority that Hoyer faced two years ago was following a playbook written by Gingrich over a decade earlier. Gingrich, in fact, took the debt ceiling hostage fifteen years before Boehner did, demanding huge, partisan cuts. In that case, the GOP backed down after President Clinton vetoed their spending bills and Moody’s warned of a credit downgrade. When Boehner refused to raise the debt ceiling, the threat of default lowered the US’s credit rating and was resolved by an complicated process involving a “supercommittee” and a two-step raising of the debt limit over a year. And it was Gingrich who, in one of his first acts as Speaker, patented the practice of refusing to approve disaster relief funds if they weren’t offset with spending cuts. Gingrich even held out after the Oklahoma City bombing later that year, prompting the Philadelphia Daily News to write, “Even Newt Gingrich must lose a little sleep at the idea of making political hay out of the mini-civil war that struck Oklahoma City.”

Of course, Gingrich’s greatest act of obstructionist brinkmanship was the 1995 and 1996 government shutdowns. Thanks to his refusal to concede on spending on social services, the government closed for five days in 1995, longer than the previous eight government shutdowns, and for a whopping twenty-one days a year later—the longest shutdown in history. Thanks to Gingrich’s obstinacy, health and welfare services for veterans were curtailed, Social Security checks were delayed, tens of thousands of visa applications went unprocessed and “numerous sectors of the economy” we negatively impacted, according to the Congressional Research Service.

Then there’s perhaps the most universally reviled practice of Congress: earmarking. Spending on earmarks doubled during Gingrich’s reign as Speaker, rising from $7.8 billion in 1994 to $14.5 billion in 1997. “Speaker Gingrich set in motion the largest explosion of earmarks in the history of Congress,” said Tom Schatz of the conservative group Citizens Against Government Waste. The pork binge was part of a Machiavellian plot to use taxpayer dollars to help Republicans get reelected, as Gingrich himself laid out in a 1996 policy memo titled, “Proposed Principles for Analyzing Each Appropriations Bill.” The memo instructed the chairmen of House Appropriation subcommittees to ask themselves if there are “any Republican members” who “need a specific district item in the bill.” This apparently included Gingrich himself, as Cobb County, Georgia, which the Speaker represented, received more federal dollars per resident than any other suburban county in the country in 1995, except for Arlington, Virginia, home of the Pentagon and other federal agencies, and Brevard County, Florida, home to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center.

http://www.thenation.com/article/165938/how-newt-gingrich-crippled-congress?rel=emailNation

boutons_deux
02-01-2012, 06:16 AM
Now Newt May Get Even Nastier

Thirty-four years ago, Newt Gingrich summed it up. In a speech to College Republicans—shortly before he would win his first election to Congress—the future speaker had a piece of fundamental advice for the young and impressionable GOPers: "I think one of the great problems we have in the Republican party is that we don't encourage you to be nasty. We encourage you to be neat, obedient, and loyal, and faithful and all those Boy Scout words."

Nasty—that was a critical component of Gingrich's formula for political success. And through the 1980s and 1990s, as Gingrich wielded his nastiness to overturn the Democratic order in Congress and seize the people's House for the GOP, he was hailed by Republicans. Now, following his 47 to 32 percent loss to Mitt Romney in the Florida presidential primary and Gingrich's promise—make that, threat—to pursue this nasty nomination contest all the way to the convention in sweltering Tampa in August, the Republican Party has a monster-of-its-own-creation in its china shop. (Imagine a Tasmanian devil in Tiffany & Co.) Despite Romney's 15-point comeback victory, it seems that the GOP will still be burdened and discombobulated by the Wrath of Gingrich. During his concession speech Tuesday night—which was light on the concession—Gingrich vowed to contest every primary and caucus, as his supporters held up signs that said, "46 STATES TO GO."

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/01/florida-gop-primary-results-gingrich-romney

The obese sack of shit: ugly is as ugly does.

boutons_deux
02-01-2012, 05:27 PM
The Real Newt Gingrich: 5 Things Georgians Know That the Rest of Us Should

1. Never Is Not in Newt’s Political Vocabulary

2. A Lifetime Spent Tuning the Art of Arguing

3. The Dawn of Newtspeak

4. Loyalty to One Cause Above All: Himself

5. The Big Idea: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

http://www.alternet.org/story/153962/the_real_newt_gingrich:_5_things_georgians_know_th at_the_rest_of_us_should?page=entire

boutons_deux
03-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Newt Gingrich Leaves 30-Year Trail Of Debts, Lawsuits And Bankruptcies In His Wake

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/0301newtventures.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/newt-gingrich-2012-nonprofits-debts-bankruptcies_n_1311858.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

JoeChalupa
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Congrats to Newt for winning Georgia...now put a fork in his ass....he is done!!

JoeChalupa
03-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Well...watching his Georgia victory speech and he is determined to keep going although he is toast.

AFBlue
03-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Well...watching his Georgia victory speech and he is determined to keep going although he is toast.

The funding and support won't fall off for a few days. He has a plan to get to Texas in late May, but I just don't see how he makes it that far.

fraga
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/238/548/263.gif