PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

swaggerjackson
01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
It feels like there is no trade talk. When is the deadline? And is everyone signed over the summer eligible to be traded yet?

The ADMIRAL 50
01-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Teams are probably more hesitant to trade for a player this year with so little time to integrate them. What did they say earlier, like eleven practices all season? Trade deadline is March 15th @ 3 eastern.

Bruno
01-22-2012, 02:55 PM
FA signed this year can't be traded for 2 months or until March 1st, whichever is later.
Draft picks signed can't be traded for 1 month like in the previous CBA.

Trade rumors should start around the ASG this year with the March 15th trade deadline. There will have a lot of craziness around Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.

DPG21920
01-22-2012, 04:08 PM
It's interesting to think whether or not the Spurs will 1) be active at the trade deadline & 2) if they will have enough to get a move done.

I personally believe that they will make a trade and it will involve Blair.

Em-City
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I personally believe that they will make a trade and it will involve Blair.

that would be amazing :)

DMC
01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
It would be amazing unless we got someone worse. There are much worse out there.

Em-City
01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
It would be amazing unless we got someone worse. There are much worse out there.

With the team we have, i don't mind if we have a 'worse' player than blair. As long as they can play servicable defense and contest shots it will be an improvement to the synergy of the team.

this under-sized fat-ass just doesn't contest enough shots.

DesignatedT
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
I would be very surprised if the Spurs didn't make some sort of a move.

ElNono
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
I would be very surprised if the Spurs didn't make some sort of a move.

I wouldn't

DesignatedT
01-22-2012, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't

Yeah I guess I wouldn't be either now that I'm thinking about it but I fully expect them to do something or at least try. Only way I see them staying pat is if they already know or have a plan in mind for next off-season when TD comes off the books.

ElNono
01-22-2012, 07:56 PM
IIRC, the last midseason trade the Spurs made for a guy they actually ended up playing was Nazr in 2005. I was thinking Gooden, but he was signed as a FA after being waived by the Kings.

therealtruth
01-22-2012, 09:01 PM
IIRC, the last midseason trade the Spurs made for a guy they actually ended up playing was Nazr in 2005. I was thinking Gooden, but he was signed as a FA after being waived by the Kings.

IIRC the Spurs traded Malik Rose for size in Mohammed. Malik Rose was more skilled but they needed more size. That size helped against the Pistons frontcourt in the Finals. It would be nice if they could turn Bonner/Blair into a quality big man.

stephen jackson
01-22-2012, 10:21 PM
every year we hope for a trade every year we dont get one.

Obstructed_View
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
IIRC the Spurs traded Malik Rose for size in Mohammed. Malik Rose was more skilled but they needed more size. That size helped against the Pistons frontcourt in the Finals. It would be nice if they could turn Bonner/Blair into a quality big man.

And then he took that three...

therealtruth
01-22-2012, 10:54 PM
And then he took that three...

Hopefully the Spurs didn't ship him out cause of that.

DMC
01-22-2012, 10:58 PM
With the team we have, i don't mind if we have a 'worse' player than blair. As long as they can play servicable defense and contest shots it will be an improvement to the synergy of the team.

this under-sized fat-ass just doesn't contest enough shots.

If they are worse, then the team defense will be worse. What part of "worse" did you misunderstand?

therealtruth
01-22-2012, 11:39 PM
If they are worse, then the team defense will be worse. What part of "worse" did you misunderstand?

Maybe he means worse on offense.

Blake
01-23-2012, 01:28 AM

They needed to dump Malik's contract.

They were lucky Isiah was still GM

ElNono
01-23-2012, 02:35 AM

This is it.

TJastal
01-23-2012, 02:39 AM
It would be amazing if we got someone better. There aren't much worse out there.

fify

Obstructed_View
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM

But Malik pulling his jersey over his head and allowing the other team to score is why he was shipped out. It wasn't about dumping his contract.