Banzai
01-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Lakers suck ass..quote this

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Nope we are contenders, just need to feed the bigs ...:downspin: :lol

Banzai
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Time to blow the team up after this season. When the lakers go on the road..they will lose them all

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:07 AM
LG =

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

:lmao

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:08 AM
I don't get where the defense went after the 1st quarter ...

Kobe telling Shaw ... "we made a mistake" ...

Banzai
01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I hope..this laker team misses the playoffs..not going far anyway..and if they did make it..they will get swept.

InRareForm
01-23-2012, 12:12 AM
They are making slow progress on feeding the GOAT center!! 12 field goal attempts today!!

DJ Mbenga
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
worst bench in the nba, worst 3 point shooting in the nba, worst point guard rotation. alot of worsts...

Banzai
01-23-2012, 12:14 AM
worst bench in the nba, worst 3 point shooting in the nba, worst point guard rotation. alot of worsts...

The lakers are the new doormat of LA

ElNono
01-23-2012, 12:15 AM
LG =

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

:lmao

:lol

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Contenders if not for Kobe, tbh ...

DAF86
01-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Do you really think that you wouldn't be playing better if the shots taken were more balanced?

Banzai
If the lakers didn't have Kobe..this team would have a worse record than Washington.

Giuseppe
Contenders if not for Kobe, tbh ...

:rolleyes

baseline bum
01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
30 fucking shots? Mike Brown really is turning you guys into the Cavs.

DAF86
01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
If the lakers didn't have Kobe..this team would have a worse record than Washington.

That's not what I asked.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:22 AM
:rolleyes

You realize I was being sarcastic, right? :lol

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:22 AM
You realize I was being sarcastic, right? :lol

No. I didn't, Killa. Sorry, dude.

wanggi
01-23-2012, 12:26 AM
The Lakers are good without Rapist.
It's time to trade Rapist for 25 mil somebody.:toast

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:27 AM
The Lakers are good without Rapist.
It's time to trade Rapist for 25 mil somebody.:toast

tee, hee. O & 43!

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:28 AM

Itz all good, the intended recipient already responded. Cully honestly know we are better than we have seen recently ...but do you see a title contender in our team? and if you prefer you can PM my answer. The reason I ask maybe I'm wrong maybe DPG and others are right. Maybe Brown (and Kobe) are not getting enough out of our talent ...but I dont think so I think we are bereft of much of it, outside of our top 3 and some solid role players.

wanggi
01-23-2012, 12:29 AM
tee, hee. O & 43!

Cubby = O Ring = O & 53. Sorry.

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 12:29 AM

Damn you are dumb :lol

DJ Mbenga
01-23-2012, 12:31 AM
That's not what I asked.

they would get 30 turnovers a game. teams zone the person who has the ball in the post because they have nothing to worry about they wont beat them from the outside. they just end up asking kobe to be a playmaker with a bad hand. of course a crippled kobe's hand is better than fisher's corpse. nothing has changed from last year. they brick their open shots.

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Itz all good, the intended recipient already responded. Cully honestly know we are better than we have seen recently ...but do you see a title contender in our team? and if you prefer you can PM my answer. The reason I ask maybe I'm wrong maybe DPG and others are right. Maybe Brown (and Kobe) are not getting enough out of our talent ...but I dont think so I think we are bereft of much of it, outside of our top 3 and some solid role players.

Oh, no. I win in public. I can lose in the same state.

No, I don't see a contender here, but, it's early. Just hope between now and the playoffs Kobe doesn't commit an act of sabotage. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Gasol is lifeless and Fish just can't do it any longer. Barnes is not a starter and Kobe is in boundless rage.

It's a problem.

wanggi
01-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Oh, no. Barnes is a starter now.

It's a problem.

You have used Barnes really well since we dumped that shit.:lol

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:37 AM
You have used Barnes really well since we dumped that shit.:lol

tee, hee. O & 43!

ElNono
01-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm not here to rub salt into wounds, or, to redden any asses. Just wanted to stop in and check some balloon knots.

I'll go back upstairs now.

Chow!

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm not here to rub salt into wounds, or, to redden any asses. Just wanted to stop in and check some balloon knots.

I'll go back upstairs now.

Chow!

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Oh, no. I win in public. I can lose in the same state.

No, I don't see a contender here, but, it's early. Just hope between now and the playoffs Kobe doesn't commit an act of sabotage. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Gasol is lifeless and Fish just can't do it any longer. Barnes is not a starter and Kobe is in boundless rage.

It's a problem.

Pau concerns me. His shooting and passing have returned, but he seems to have lost any ability to backdown and score on the block. I get some of it is paint congestion due to Andrew, but no excuse for when he plays with the 2nd unit or even the first team if Bynum is our with foul trouble. Jumpshots come and go, but he is not using a very important part of his skillset. I to would liek Kobe to shoot 3-5 times less but when he gives it to Pau on the block he just kicks out after wasting 6-8 seconds "reading" the defense. :bang

Morris is too young, Fisher too old. PG's must be licking their lips looking at game tape.
Artest was OK tonight but he has yet to deliver much consistently defensively or offensively since Game 7 ...
Barnes OK but should not be a starter ...
Happy with Murphy and Mcroberts but they are role players nothing more ...
Bynum can do more but his bball IQ needs work ...

midnightpulp
01-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Lakers still have the best 4 and 5 in the NBA, and by virtue of that, are contenders. Kobe needs to be less selfish and worry more about wins than climbing up the all-time scoring leaderboard.

ElNono
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
I thought the Lakers played well on offense today... despite the Kobe chuckfest... I still think Bynum just isn't used enough, but today wasn't as costly...

The inability to make stops when it matters is really what screwed the Lakers today.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Lakers still have the best 4 and 5 in the NBA, and by virtue of that, are contenders. Kobe needs to be less selfish and worry more about wins than climbing up the all-time scoring leaderboard.

:lol smh

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:43 AM
PG's must be licking their lips looking at game tape.
Artest was OK tonight but he has yet to deliver much consistently defensively or offensively since Game 7 ...
Barnes OK but should not be a starter
Bynum can do more but his bball IQ needs work ...

Bynum, like Gasol is not mentally correct. They're angry at Kobe and he won't acknowledge it because he's angry at Kupchak and Buss.

It's not good. And is going to get worse in all probability.

midnightpulp
01-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Bynum, like Gasol is not mentally correct. They're angry at Kobe and he won't acknowledge it because he's angry at Kupchak and Buss.

It's not good. And is going to get worse in all probability.

I agree with this. Good take, Cub.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:47 AM
I couldn't give two shits ...who is mad at who.

For the play the right way types, I do agree that getting Bynum more shots (pau had the ball plenty but chose to pass) would be smart for Kobe (and Brown) to do ...

But that might get us a few more wins like against Sacto or tonight. But it would NOT make us contenders. Neither Brown nor Kobe are miracle workers ...

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:48 AM
I agree with this. Good take, Cub.

The anger and resentment is almost palpable. Kobe is a great at being a good time Charley, but, at barrel's bottom he's a living nightmare. God only knows what he'll do and is capable of. His only PERSONAL salvation at this point and into the foreseeable future is point piling. If he didn't have that he'd probably rampage Postal style.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:49 AM
I guess where DPG and mid and I disagree is we trade lets say Manu and Kobe Drew and Pau get more shots and maybe we get a few more regular season wins (debatable) but that doesnt make this team legit contenders.

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 12:50 AM
They have a post-triangle learning curve. It's not going to happen overnight with no pre-season. How was it before when Phil left and they ran something other than the triangle?

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I couldn't give two shits ...who is mad at who.

But, it's obviously deep, Killa and may be ingrained now. They look not much different than when Dallas was dismantling them.

The air was never cleared from my recollection since that Dallas series when Bynum blew up.

DeadlyDynasty
01-23-2012, 12:53 AM
:cryKobe passing it more will change the fact this team is old, slow, and can't shoot:cry

The Lakers are now what the Spurs have been since 2008. Playoff fodder

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Killa, that is an indictment on Kobe then. If He's as great as you claim and he can't be a contender with two top 10 bigs it's on him.

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:54 AM
indictment

:lol

DJ Mbenga
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
They have a post-triangle learning curve. It's not going to happen overnight with no pre-season. How was it before when Phil left and they ran something other than the triangle?

the rudy t years? it was garbage. but that was a personel issue. the personel is better here but this team cant make a jumpshot. teams zone the paint. and the other issue is the team hasnt practiced at all. tough to learn the offense like that

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM

I said we are better than the last 3 games ..

This is my problem honestly, DPG. Last year's team (admittedly tired) got swept in the 2nd round. We subtract PJ, Odom, Brown, and Blake (for now) and add MB, Mcroberts, Murphy, Kapono and Morris (for now) ...

How is this team better? To me a team swept in the 2nd round is NOT a legit contender ...maybe this year we win a few games but we are not title ready.

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Because I believe there are grey areas and that LA is a mentally fragile team. That doesn't mean they can't win like that. They have before w Pau and Drew. They aren't favorites but the west is weaker and they have Kobe + 2 top 10 bigs.

Last year is somewhat unimportant because a lot of teams are weaker.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Killa, that is an indictment on Kobe then. If He's as great as you claim and he can't be a contender with two top 10 bigs it's on him.

Maybe it is, I'm not going to debate his greatness. Is Duncan or Manu not great because of (8)? that is a silly argument. We are a above average team with a top 5 player and some very skilled but slow bigs. Our deep shooting is crap, and we have few players that can penetrate.

DJ Mbenga
01-23-2012, 01:00 AM

you mean collectively or individually? either way im not so sure. if they are good they havent played well. been outrebounded the last 7 games. 7 footers should rebound

DJ Mbenga
01-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Because I believe there are grey areas and that LA is a mentally fragile team. That doesn't mean they can't win like that. They have before w Pau and Drew. They aren't favorites but the west is weaker and they have Kobe + 2 top 10 bigs.

Last year is somewhat unimportant because a lot of teams are weaker.

the supporting cast is simply awful. im not talking kobe's cast i mean the support of kobe pau bynum. the only guy i could see making another nba squad is barnes and mcroberts. everyone else would be lucky to be in the Dleague.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 01:03 AM
you mean collectively or individually? either way im not so sure. if they are good they havent played well. been outrebounded the last 7 games. 7 footers should rebound

Howard and Anderson may not be better on paper but they have been way more effective. Griffin and Jordan have been more impactful lately as well ..

ElNono
01-23-2012, 01:04 AM
the supporting cast is simply awful. im not talking kobe's cast i mean the support of kobe pau bynum. the only guy i could see making another nba squad is barnes and mcroberts. everyone else would be lucky to be in the Dleague.

Blake hasn't been bad while he wasn't injured either... he's just been average... which is what you expect from Blake

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Maybe it is, I'm not going to debate his greatness. Is Duncan or Manu not great because of (8)? that is a silly argument. We are a above average team with a top 5 player and some very skilled but slow bigs. Our deep shooting is crap, and we have few players that can penetrate.

If you give Duncan two top 10 players at their position (the most important position in the game) then yes.

I find it amusing how you constantly knock your bigs when Kobe has two of the top 10 bigs in the game and BY FAR the best front court duo in the league.

If you are a top 5 player, and you have two other top 20 players with you, there are no excuses from a talent standpoint. Look at MIA. Their role players (lol Curry, lol injured Miller, lol Cole, lol washed up Shane, lol joel anthony) suck but they have a similar talent build in their big 3.

DJ Mbenga
01-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Blake hasn't been bad while he wasn't injured either... he's just been average... which is what you expect from Blake

we'll he isnt healthy now is he? even when he was giving the lakers his team leading 7 bench points they were pretty low on the total accross the nba pretty much making my point. he is missed a ton though. it is rather emblematic of the situation that his injury has destroyed the team

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 01:19 AM
If you give Duncan two top 10 players at their position (the most important position in the game) then yes.

I find it amusing how you constantly knock your bigs when Kobe has two of the top 10 bigs in the game and BY FAR the best front court duo in the league.

If you are a top 5 player, and you have two other top 20 players with you, there are no excuses from a talent standpoint. Look at MIA. Their role players (lol Curry, lol injured Miller, lol Cole, lol washed up Shane, lol joel anthony) suck but they have a similar talent build in their big 3.

WTF? Not sure if serious but:

Lebron is the most dominant player in the game. You can debate Wade or Kobe on having superior skills but as far as impact goes maybe only Dwight or Rose are in his class. Wade (many on here including you) have argued is better than Kobe at this point. And Bosh is probably Pau's equal. they both do some different things well ...Bynum can be a force no doubt about it but at this point out of those 6 he is clearly #6. On top of that Cole is better than Morris, and was drafted higher and more accomplished in college. Battier, Miller, Jones and Chalmers are better than Artest, Barnes, Kapono and Fisher ...

how can you even argue the teams are comparable? Bynum is better than Anthony, and McRoberts may be better than Haslem as an energy big off the bench (Haslem is struggling) Besides starting C and SG every other match-up favors the Heat. and center is our only clear advantage,

angelbelow
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM

Haven't seen much of artest this year but hes fallen to dleague level? I guess its not too far fetched, he was pretty bad last year too.

Murphy hasn't looked good either huh? Crazy how he was a 14 and 11 guy 2 years ago.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Also Duncan had a top 3 SG, and a top 8 PG and still got beat by Memphis DPG, so what is your point?

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 01:23 AM
If Kobe is top 5 like you say and he has two top 10 bigs they are comparable big 3's. I'm not saying Mia isn't better, I'm saying the big 3's are comparable enough (if Kobe is truly top 5) and their benches both suck.

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Also Duncan had a top 3 SG, and a top 8 PG and still got beat by Memphis DPG, so what is your point?

Spurs fans aren't claiming duncan is a top 5 player, that sg had a broken arm and a top 8 pg isn't anything close to two top 10 bigs with regard to impact.

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 01:26 AM
sg had a broken arm

Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

angelbelow
01-23-2012, 01:28 AM

Manu had a broken arm.

Almost Phil would never play a bitch like Bonner. I understand that Fisher is kind of useless too but at least hes a leader, has balls, and can make clutch shots.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 01:28 AM
If Kobe is top 5 like you say and he has two top 10 bigs they are comparable big 3's. I'm not saying Mia isn't better, I'm saying the big 3's are comparable enough (if Kobe is truly top 5) and their benches both suck.

How you figure?

Bynum is a default type starting all-star center, Pau a solid to borderline one. Kobe is a top 5 range player.

Lebron and Wade (before Wade got hurt) were considered two of the best players in the game. I would rather have Wade and Lebron when healthy over any other big 3 on any one team in the league right now. Add Bosh and they are not comparable to any other big 3 in the league right now ...Lakers included.

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Manu had a broken arm.

DeadlyDynasty
01-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Killa, do not fall into the trap

angelbelow
01-23-2012, 01:33 AM

You sir, are a gentleman and scholar.

Killakobe81
01-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Killa, do not fall into the trap

Appreciate ya, but my team has me feeling combative ...:lol

I actually am glad that DPG keeps shoveling this shit ...I see he is trying to set up this as the Duncan would not fail with ...:sleep

But analysts are starting to see the light ...I have seen 3 say recently they NOW know why kobe is shooting so much.

So far Lakers as NOT beingtitle contenders, Hornets/clips trade being no good, Minny being improved, Mavs making a mistake and Gallo being a good prospect are all things I have been on the mark about this season ...so far.

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 01:40 AM
��

Spur_Fanatic
01-23-2012, 01:49 AM
Who fucking cares if the Lakers are going bad?!?

KOBE GOT OVER 30 pts! That's what matters!

[/sarcasm]

Jokes aside, Kobe was pretty good.
The guy would seriously be in GOAT contention... too bad his shot selection is terrible.
And I'm being generous. It's beyond terrible. It's, dunno, non-existant?

FkLA
01-23-2012, 04:57 AM

In 2011 Duncan was nowhere close to being the player of the decade he once was. When he was still at that level AND Manu & Parker had reached their potential (05-09)...his teams won 2 titles and had some of the best records in the NBA year in and year out. They were never as bad as Kobes team is this year. Why? Duncan made his teammates better, defensively as an anchor and offensively as a nlgga that would unselfishly kick the ball out when teams collapsed on him in the post. Kobe on the other hand prefers to lolligag on defense and shoot 25-30 shots on offense. Kobes desire to chase personal glories is sad tbh. I can understand a Lakerfan glorifying Magic or KAJ but glorifying a selfish faggot like Kobe just makes yall look pathetic tbh. I feel bad for you nlggas, smh.

mercos
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
The Lakers have the best front court in the game, but they lack the 3 point shooting needed to keep defenses honest. Without the fear of the 3 teams could just collapse the post on the Lakers regardless of how many times Kobe dumps the ball down low.

I do agree Kobe's shot selection has been poor, but even if he plays within the offense the results would not be much better this season. Aside from the front court the Lakers simply have a weak team. Wholesale changes should have been made after Dallas dismantled them. I personally did not like the Chris Paul trade, I think they should have traded Pau Gasol for multiple pieces and took their chances building around Bynum unless they could swing a deal for Dwight Howard. They need to get younger and more athletic.

Brazil
01-23-2012, 11:51 AM
The Lakers have the best front court in the game, but they lack the 3 point shooting needed to keep defenses honest. Without the fear of the 3 teams could just collapse the post on the Lakers regardless of how many times Kobe dumps the ball down low.

Pau Gasol has been asked to shoot the 3 now :lol

Pau Matt Gasol Bonner

Leetonidas
01-23-2012, 11:51 AM
It's kinda sad to see the Lakers become a team of mostly irrelevant, TOSBs so fast. I mean even the Spurs (lol spurs) will probably go deeper in the playoffs :lmao Despite missing Ginobili for all but 5 games, the Spurs are 3 games above .500 and the Lakers are 1 back in the loss column and not even in playoff seeding right now. :lmao :lmao Keep chucking 30 shots a game Kobe. If he ever figures out he has the best frontline tandem in the NBA, the rest of us may be in trouble :lol

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 11:52 AM
TOSB

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Leetonidas
01-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Although I admit their horrid 3 point shooting is not helping the spacing, giving Pau and Bitch Tits less room to operate. What happened to Murphy/Kobe/Fisher/Artest? These guys used to be pretty decent 3pt shooters

ElNono
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Although I admit their horrid 3 point shooting is not helping the spacing, giving Pau and Bitch Tits less room to operate. What happened to Murphy/Kobe/Fisher/Artest? These guys used to be pretty decent 3pt shooters

3pt champion and savior Kapono getting little run too, IIRC.... the problem is that there's only one ball and a set amount of shots per game...

Leetonidas
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Oh yeah forgot about that guy :lol Perhaps if Kobe would quit desperately trying to pass Jordan, some of these guys could get some burn. lol 40+ minutes in a blowout loss the other night

Giuseppe
01-23-2012, 12:02 PM
lol 40+ minutes in a blowout loss the other night

That was the night Duncan sat on his ass and you lost.

Banzai
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
even Jack agrees http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/tumblr_lai4k4a9wG1qe0eclo1_500.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5245)

DPG21920
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Appreciate ya, but my team has me feeling combative ...:lol

I actually am glad that DPG keeps shoveling this shit ...I see he is trying to set up this as the Duncan would not fail with ...:sleep

But analysts are starting to see the light ...I have seen 3 say recently they NOW know why kobe is shooting so much.

You always like to cite the Spurs record last year and how it was great and how we need to stop giving the FO a hard time. Put it this way, Tim who no one would claim is a top 5 player last year, took that Spurs team to the number one record in the West. You mean to tell me Kobe, who you say is a top 5 player today can't even be a contender in the West (last year the West was tougher when Tim did that) when he has two top 10 bigs with him???? That's asinine to me.

The media is calling Kobe out for his chucking just as much as you can find 3 saying "I know why he does it..."

So far Lakers as NOT beingtitle contenders, Hornets/clips trade being no good, Minny being improved, Mavs making a mistake and Gallo being a good prospect are all things I have been on the mark about this season ...so far.

1) You are wrong about the Hornets/Clips trade still. I was rightPERIOD.
2) Minny being improved :lol? That's vague. Improved to the tune of still a bottom 5 team in the West (in a year that is undoubtedly weaker by all accounts)???
3) Who didn't say the Mavs made a mistake and in fact, I said it first and outlined a detailed plan as to why (at least to date).
4) Who didn't say Gallo was a good prospect

dunkman
01-23-2012, 07:56 PM
They have top talent on paper. They must suck because of Kobe, because Brown is a good RS coach.