PDA

View Full Version : Santorum supporter: Obama ‘not president’ and an ‘avowed Muslim’

JoeChalupa
01-23-2012, 06:19 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/23/santorum-supporter-obama-not-president-and-an-avowed-muslim/

At a town hall meeting in Florida, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum failed to repudiate a woman who claimed that President Obama was a Muslim and not legally the President of the United States.

Many of the so-called “birthers” believe there is persuasive evidence that Obama was born in Kenya in 1961 and that his birth certificate was faked in order to make him eligible for the presidency.

“I never refer to Obama as ‘President Obama’ because legally he is not,” the unidentified woman told Santorum. “He constantly says that our Constitution is passe and he totally ignores it, as you know. He does what he darn well pleases. He is an avowed Muslim. And my question is, why isn’t something being done to get him out of our government? He has no legal right to be calling himself President.”

“Well, yeah, I’m doing my best to get him out of the government,” Santorum responded. “And you’re right about how he uniformly ignores the Constitution. He did this with these appointments, over the quote recess that was not a recess.”

The women interjected: “He says our government is passe, our Constitution.”

“I think I’ve made the case here that I agree with you,” Santorum said. “In the sense that he does things that are against the values and founding principles of our country.”

It is not the first time Santorum has failed to correct his supporters regarding Obama’s birthplace. At a campaign event in South Carolina last week, he ignored comments questioning Obama’s citizenship. He also recently touted the endorsement of WorldNetDaily editor Joseph Farah, who has promoted birther conspiracies.

Santorum’s response to his supporter’s birther question has been markedly different than former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. When Gingrich was asked about Obama’s eligibility to be president last month, he said there was “every reason to believe he is a citizen of the United States.”

~~What a wuss. At least John McCain would correct idiots who said stupid things like this.

clambake
01-23-2012, 06:41 PM
darrin has found a home.

EVAY
01-23-2012, 07:08 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/23/santorum-supporter-obama-not-president-and-an-avowed-muslim/

At a town hall meeting in Florida, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum failed to repudiate a woman who claimed that President Obama was a Muslim and not legally the President of the United States.

Many of the so-called “birthers” believe there is persuasive evidence that Obama was born in Kenya in 1961 and that his birth certificate was faked in order to make him eligible for the presidency.

“I never refer to Obama as ‘President Obama’ because legally he is not,” the unidentified woman told Santorum. “He constantly says that our Constitution is passe and he totally ignores it, as you know. He does what he darn well pleases. He is an avowed Muslim. And my question is, why isn’t something being done to get him out of our government? He has no legal right to be calling himself President.”

“Well, yeah, I’m doing my best to get him out of the government,” Santorum responded. “And you’re right about how he uniformly ignores the Constitution. He did this with these appointments, over the quote recess that was not a recess.”

The women interjected: “He says our government is passe, our Constitution.”

“I think I’ve made the case here that I agree with you,” Santorum said. “In the sense that he does things that are against the values and founding principles of our country.”

It is not the first time Santorum has failed to correct his supporters regarding Obama’s birthplace. At a campaign event in South Carolina last week, he ignored comments questioning Obama’s citizenship. He also recently touted the endorsement of WorldNetDaily editor Joseph Farah, who has promoted birther conspiracies.

Santorum’s response to his supporter’s birther question has been markedly different than former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. When Gingrich was asked about Obama’s eligibility to be president last month, he said there was “every reason to believe he is a citizen of the United States.”

~~What a wuss. At least John McCain would correct idiots who said stupid things like this.

And where are all the 'Christian' Evangelicals who met in Texas and tried to get everyone to support Santorum? Aren't these folks cognizant of the commandment about false witness?

Santorum is not just a wuss. To allow that sort of thing to go unchecked is a sign of zero integrity.

McCain was better than this. But of course, the evangelicals didn't like him, either.

baseline bum
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
The birthers are his base; of course Captain Neocon Bible-Beater isn't going to go against them whether or not he thinks Uncle Tom is Muslim.

EVAY
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
The birthers are his base; of course Captain Neocon Bible-Beater isn't going to go against them whether or not he thinks Uncle Tom is Muslim.

But he knows damn well this is a canard.

There are so DAMN many things to be pissed with Obama about that to allow this kind of simple hatred-inspired attack is inexcusable.

DMX7
01-23-2012, 07:54 PM
The one decent moment of McCain's 2008 campaign is when he shut up one of these nuts.

spursncowboys
01-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Obama supporter bombed and killed police.

baseline bum
01-23-2012, 08:49 PM
But he knows damn well this is a canard.

There are so DAMN many things to be pissed with Obama about that to allow this kind of simple hatred-inspired attack is inexcusable.

And there were so many things to be pissed off with Clinton about, but the wingnuts hated him for getting a blowjob.

JoeChalupa
01-23-2012, 10:59 PM
That there is not more pushback from conservatives and GOP suppporters is both shocking....yet sadly not.

clambake
01-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Obama supporter bombed and killed police.

this guy is pussy personified.

please tell us about the "real IRA"

TDMVPDPOY
01-24-2012, 03:51 AM
does it really matter if his a muslim?

he got pass being black shouldnt that be enough to be pres?

fkn jews always stirring shit

101A
01-24-2012, 09:19 AM

That right there is the extent of his rebuttal. I agree it wasn't strong enough; but it was there. I have run for elected office; the instinct to NOT piss off the person/crowd standing right in front of you is very strong. I don't have time to look; but I believe some outrageous statements were made about our former president in front of candidate Obama without much of a rebuttal. (btw: fell 29 out of ~3000 cast votes shy in my bid for school board)

boutons_deux
01-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Saint Torum of Chivalry

But then Santorum excused his failure in judgment by spinning it as an example of his own chivalry:

This was an elderly lady. She was there leaning on a cane. She was quite wobbly. And I’m not going to sit there and slam an older lady because she has some way out – some bizarre beliefs. It’s your responsibility to defend the President, not mine. […] I’m not here to defend the President against scurrilous attacks. It’s not my job.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/01/24/410005/santorum-excuses-his-own-cowardice/

EVAY
01-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Saint Torum of Chivalry

But then Santorum excused his failure in judgment by spinning it as an example of his own chivalry:

This was an elderly lady. She was there leaning on a cane. She was quite wobbly. And I’m not going to sit there and slam an older lady because she has some way out – some bizarre beliefs. It’s your responsibility to defend the President, not mine. […] I’m not here to defend the President against scurrilous attacks. It’s not my job.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/01/24/410005/santorum-excuses-his-own-cowardice/

I read the comments in the link you posted, b-d, and they appear right on to me...you don't have to attack an old lady to stand up for what is right. What was it Santorum was saying last night about 'standing tall for what is right'?

He is a gutless wonder.

boutons_deux
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
refuting what the crazy bitch said doesn't mean attacking the crazy bitch

boutons_deux
01-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Rape babies and incest babies are Gifts From God.

Santorum: Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn't, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I've always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created - in the sense of rape - but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you. As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can't think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/9604-focus-santorum-to-rape-victims-make-the-best-out-of-a-bad-situation

cheguevara
01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
misleading title

cheguevara
01-25-2012, 09:58 AM

Santorum: Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn't, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I've always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created - in the sense of rape - but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you. As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can't think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/9604-focus-santorum-to-rape-victims-make-the-best-out-of-a-bad-situation

this man needs to be as far aways from the presidency as possible

cheguevara
01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Santorum warns of jihadist nuclear platforms in Cuba, Venezuela and Nicaragua: :lol

“You’re right, Ron. It’s not 1962,” said Mr. Santorum. “They’re now with the Cubans and the Venezuelans, the Nicaraguans. There is a growing network of folks now working with the jihadists, the Iranians, who are very, very excited about the opportunity to having platforms 90 miles off our coast, just like the Soviets were, very anxious to have platforms 90 miles off our coast, or in Venezuela, or in Nicaragua, and other places they could come across the southern border. This is a serious threat.”

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-rick/#ixzz1kU8Jwb9i

JoeChalupa
01-25-2012, 12:04 PM
misleading title

No it isn't.

cheguevara
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
where does it say she was a Santorum supporter?

she could easily be an undecided crazy woman.

Bill_Brasky
01-25-2012, 12:25 PM

:lmao wow, using this genius logic, one may come to the conclusion that rapists are angels doing god's work.