PDA

View Full Version : Video of guy getting smoked by cops at Carl's Jr.

Heath Ledger
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
bY5ioBvrYIg

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Shit. I don't know. What's the point of having the dog if they aren't going to turn it lose. Seems like when the guy turned on the cop, the other cop should have let the dog go.

bus driver
01-24-2012, 10:31 AM
well that ended successfully

Heath Ledger
01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Over Kill the guy was on the ground turned away from the cops after the first 5 shots he was shot in the back 5 more times for good measure. One stray bullet hit a sign across the street above a ladys head debris fell down injuring her and sendering her to the hospital.

CosmicCowboy
01-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Shit. I don't know. What's the point of having the dog if they aren't going to turn it lose. Seems like when the guy turned on the cop, the other cop should have let the dog go.

Guy had a crow bar...they didn't want to risk getting the dog hurt...

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Guy had a crow bar...they didn't want to risk getting the dog hurt...

The guy was turned. The dog would have been inside the radius of the crowbar in a half second and had the guy on the ground.

I realize that's easy for me to say with the beneift of the video replay and not having the threat of getting hit with a crowbar. But it seemed like a good place to free the hounds.

Still...shooting the guy that many times when he's obviously going down. And all he had is a crowbar.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Cop might get in trouble for how many shots he fired, but shooting the guy in the first place was fine. Can't take chances when he's running at a cop.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Cop might get in trouble for how many shots he fired, but shooting the guy in the first place was fine. Can't take chances when he's running at a cop.

Right. But he should have first tried to shoot the guy's hand to make him drop the crowbar. Threat would then be mostly neutralized. Then let the dog go and put him down.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-24-2012, 11:45 AM
I've blamed cops for brutality plenty of times but you can't expect a cop to think it through that much when he's charging another cop with a crow bar. He has to react quickly. The way to avoid this is not charging at cops with a crow bar.

Heath Ledger
01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
the 2nd burst of 5 rds was from a 2nd police officer. i don't disagree with shooting the guy but 10 rds five of which after that dude was already on the ground turned away from the cops is just ridiculous.

In any case one less bad guy on the streets.

TheMACHINE
01-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Crowbar guy was a dumbass

CosmicCowboy
01-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Right. But he should have first tried to shoot the guy's hand to make him drop the crowbar. Threat would then be mostly neutralized. Then let the dog go and put him down.

:lmao

You've watched too many old westerns. You can only do that shit when you are fanning your single action colt revolver.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM

You've watched too many old westerns. You can only do that shit when you are fanning your single action colt revolver.

Whatever. The pistols they are using are much more accurate than the old western guns. They are automatic and are able to be pointed at much smaller increments. Plus the cops are trained for just such situations.

King
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I love comments like "why didn't they shoot the guy's hand..." or "shoot him in the leg." You people clearly watch too many movies. Handguns aren't easy to aim, and much less easy to aim in a situation like that. These guys aren't marksmen from the old west. He attacked them with a crowbar after a taser didn't work. They tried non-lethal means, and he attacked them. And they're told to shoot center mass for a reason. It's the easiest place to hit. When you shoot a gun, you shoot to kill - not neutralize.

If a guy breaks into your house with a crowbar, do you try to shoot the pipe out of his hand, or do you put nine in his chest and ask questions later?

I agree that there are lots of corrupt cops who use excessive force. But, not every cop who fires his weapon is a brute.

Sucks that a guy died. Easy solution...don't be an idiot.

King
01-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Whatever. The pistols they are using are much more accurate than the old western guns. They are automatic and are able to be pointed at much smaller increments. Plus the cops are trained for just such situations.

Have you actually fired a gun before? Honestly?

bus driver
01-24-2012, 12:06 PM

why do you point a gun at someone?

A). to look cool
B). neutralize a threat
C). to kill

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 12:29 PM
why do you point a gun at someone?

A). to look cool
B). neutralize a threat
C). to kill

It depends. If I'm out with my crew and someone steps to me, I usually just point it to look cool.

If I'm out with my hoe and she gets drunk and mad at me, I usually point it to neutralize the threat.

If a cop is running at me with a crowbar, I point to kill. But I alternate rounds between glasers and hollow points to make as much of a mess as possible.

baseline bum
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
You make the decision to shoot, you better be going for the kill. Otherwise that crowbar is going to be cracking your fucking skull.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Have you actually fired a gun before? Honestly?

Yes. I actually own a Beretta 17 and a shotgun.

JayTheClown
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't wanna say they guy deserved it, but I cant blame the cops on this one. If I have a gun and you are running at me with a crowbar then yeah, ima probably shoot ya.

resistanze
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Cops kill for much less. The idiot was a goner from the start.

resistanze
01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
The only funny part is the the news reports are saying the cop said the perp swung the bar at him twice before opening fire. :lol @ cops lying even when they're in the right.

sandman
01-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Cops are trained to aim for center mass to neutralize the threat as quickly as possible. You're confusing TJ Hooker with reality.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Cops are trained to aim for center mass to neutralize the threat as quickly as possible. You're confusing TJ Hooker with reality.

LOL. TJ Hooker.
But really, they are trained to determine the best target and hit it. In this case, it would have been the guy's left hand.

bus driver
01-24-2012, 02:21 PM
It depends. If I'm out with my crew and someone steps to me, I usually just point it to look cool.

If I'm out with my hoe and she gets drunk and mad at me, I usually point it to neutralize the threat.

If a cop is running at me with a crowbar, I point to kill. But I alternate rounds between glasers and hollow points to make as much of a mess as possible.

:wow all three ur gangsta!

sandman
01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
LOL. TJ Hooker.
But really, they are trained to determine the best target and hit it. In this case, it would have been the guy's left hand.

My dad was a cop for over 30 years. I can't recall a single instance where he espoused the theory of aiming for the hand to stop an attacker. Their mindset was that you don't pull your weapon out unless you are willing to use it, and you don't pull the trigger unless you are willing to kill.

I'll be more than happy to eat crow on this one, but I doubt you will find a police academy that conducts handgun training for shooting weapons out of hands.

CubanSucks
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
gotta love the hoodrat pieces of shit who were filming being able to laugh about it immediately after it happens then turning around and whining about excessiveness

"Get the kid an ambulance! *laugh laugh* Man that wasn't necessary! *laugh laugh* They didn't have to shoot that many times!"

The guy was turned. The dog would have been inside the radius of the crowbar in a half second and had the guy on the ground.

Inside the radius? What the fuck does that matter? Even if a big ass dog is already latched onto my arm tearing me to shreads I can still bend my other fucking arm and beat the hell out of it with a metal stick.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 03:20 PM
My dad was a cop for over 30 years. I can't recall a single instance where he espoused the theory of aiming for the hand to stop an attacker. Their mindset was that you don't pull your weapon out unless you are willing to use it, and you don't pull the trigger unless you are willing to kill.

I'll be more than happy to eat crow on this one, but I doubt you will find a police academy that conducts handgun training for shooting weapons out of hands.

I don't think so. I'm sure it differs from state to state and department to department about how they train to shoot.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Inside the radius? What the fuck does that matter? Even if a big ass dog is already latched onto my arm tearing me to shreads I can still bend my other fucking arm and beat the hell out of it with a metal stick.

I don't know why I've been calling it a crowbar but it looks like a sledgehammer. Either way, you wouldn't be strong enough to use it with enough leverage and force on a dog that was probably ripping at your throat. Assuming you didn't drop the thing anyway.

mingus
01-24-2012, 03:25 PM
what's the point of shooting a guy 10 times if he is neutralized? hold your fucking fire, moron. those are my tax dollars you're wasting with bullets on a corpse.

sandman
01-24-2012, 03:37 PM
what's the point of shooting a guy 10 times if he is neutralized? hold your fucking fire, moron. those are my tax dollars you're wasting with bullets on a corpse.

So your issue is why spend $30 when $4.50 will do?

mouse
01-24-2012, 03:39 PM
What are rubber bullets for?

pawe
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
You never stop firing til the threat is no longer a threat anymore. I doubt the cops even know how many times they pulled the trigger because of the adrenalin rush.
Also, you never shoot to maim because it is illegal.

LOL at shooting the hand to drop the hammer or shooting the leg. That's some Hollywood shit.
I bet even with the tightest, lightest triggered 1911 can't hit those areas while a guy is coming at you with a sledgehammer with less than 20 feet.

cantthinkofanything
01-24-2012, 03:45 PM
You never stop firing til the threat is no longer a threat anymore. I doubt the cops even know how many times they pulled the trigger because of the adrenalin rush.
Also, you never shoot to maim because it is illegal.

LOL at shooting the hand to drop the hammer or shooting the leg. That's some Hollywood shit.
I bet even with the tightest, lightest triggered 1911 can't hit those areas while a guy is coming at you with a sledgehammer with less than 20 feet.

It really made me wonder why they didn't have scopes on their pistols. One of them would have been able to enlarge the target (the hand) and make a clean shot.

Wild Cobra
01-24-2012, 03:46 PM
One less loser in this world.

pawe
01-24-2012, 03:51 PM
It really made me wonder why they didn't have scopes on their pistols. One of them would have been able to enlarge the target (the hand) and make a clean shot.

Good point.

mavs>spurs
01-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Dude could have been mentally ill, drunk, temporary insane over some incident, etc. Looked like murder to me. Let's put that fat pig on trial. He didn't need to empty a clip, or even shoot him really.

mouse
01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
what happened to bean bag bullets ?

W_ymNErgGkQ

mouse
01-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I doubt the cops even know how many times they pulled the trigger because of the adrenalin rush.

We all know about the adrenalin rush excuse.

SW1ZDIXiuS4

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+excessive+force&oq=police++excessive&aq=0&aqi=g2g-m3&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=24711l50307l0l54519l28l27l0l9l2l5l205l2797l 1.15.2l18l0

CosmicCowboy
01-24-2012, 04:05 PM

This guy REALLY IS a fucking idiot.

resistanze
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
You know he's trolling, right?

phxspurfan
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Very simple rules of using a weapon

1. Keep your finger outside of the trigger guard until you're ready to fire.
2. Don't point your weapon at anything you don't intend to kill.
3. When you shoot, shoot to kill.

Most police (non-SWAT) train to shoot center of mass, both to take down the suspect and to limit civilian casualties. And when they shoot, they make sure the threat is neutralized. And an officer only breaks leather when the suspect will not comply with orders to drop a weapon, or if the offer feels he/she/the public is in grave danger. This guy may have just had a pipe, but he may have also had another weapon in his possession. You don't get the luxury of being Monday morning QB when your job involves life threatening confrontations.

Don't point weapons at police!

King
01-24-2012, 04:42 PM

Yeah, or why didn't they shoot webs out of their wrists and pin him against the wall?

Or how come they didn't use their mind to stop time and apprehended him that way?

Turn off the movies, man.

No, gun training doesn't vary state to state. They're NEVER taught to shoot it out of the hand. They're taught to shoot center mass all the time, every time. Because it's the biggest target. Not a swinging arm. Even when a police sharpshooter comes in, how often is the dude maimed? Never. He's usually killed with a headshot.

Seriously? A pistol scope to enlarge the target? You have to be kidding me.

DMC
01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
He must have not paid for his fries.

CubanSucks
01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Dude could have been mentally ill, drunk, temporary insane over some incident, etc. Looked like murder to me. Let's put that fat pig on trial. He didn't need to empty a clip, or even shoot him really.

don't even know where to begin with this comedic gold

bus driver
01-24-2012, 05:27 PM
What are rubber bullets for?

to put on your little pecker so you dont get a girl pregnant :wakeup

mavs>spurs
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
they could have apprehended the dude like a real man instead of a scared gun wielding pussy. :cry he had a stick in his hand :cry

turn that k9 loose and let him take that ass down, but don't empty a fucking clip because you're shaking and trembling so hard you can't stop. cops are such pussies sometimes.

mouse
01-24-2012, 05:55 PM
to put on your little pecker so you dont get a girl pregnant :wakeup

So what time I pick you up tonight?

:wakeup

JayTheClown
01-24-2012, 06:04 PM
I never been to Carl's Jr before. They have good burgers or what?

redzero
01-24-2012, 06:08 PM
This would have never happened if the guy was using Juggernaut and Commando.

mouse
01-24-2012, 06:14 PM

Apparently they're to die for.

JayTheClown
01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Apparently they're to die for.

:lol

You thank me for walking into that.

BlackSwordsMan
01-24-2012, 06:22 PM

meh why risk the dog shoot the asshole

BlackSwordsMan
01-24-2012, 06:26 PM
btw why is there only one carl's jr in san antonio?

silverblk mystix
01-24-2012, 06:31 PM
:corn:SB Mystix approves of this video....

The cops were right on the money...

Lol at shooting the hand...funny shit....

Hollywood stuff...

Now if the cops really wanted to make an impression...they would have ...get this...they would have....um...

turned their weapons sideways

:lmao:lmao:lmao

BlackSwordsMan
01-24-2012, 06:32 PM
why do you type like a 12 year old girl on myspace

baseline bum
01-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Not bad

PJfFrhKoS84

baseline bum
01-24-2012, 06:40 PM
btw why is there only one carl's jr in san antonio?

There are 6 of them.

BlackSwordsMan
01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
WHAT? take me to one?

BlackSwordsMan
01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
another cool video
qeRlnvTeWJE

mouse
01-24-2012, 06:47 PM
:lol

You thank me for walking into that.

Your my :toast
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JthwHxdA-dc/SkJDYTKID1I/AAAAAAAAA1E/zrqNAChAvzM/s400/Heeere%27sJohnny.jpg

baseline bum
01-24-2012, 06:50 PM
WHAT? take me to one?

I was wrong; there are 7 of them in and just outside of SA.

http://locations.carlsjr.com/carlsjr/cgi/selection?zip=san%20antonio,%20tx

silverblk mystix
01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
why do you type like a 12 year old girl on myspace

maybe I am a 12 year old girl on myspace.....pervert!

mouse
01-24-2012, 06:53 PM
maybe I am a 12 year old girl on myspace.....pervert!

Trust me your two years over his taste. :wakeup

BlackSwordsMan
01-24-2012, 06:53 PM
friend request sent =]

silverblk mystix
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
friend request sent =]

PM5K
01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't see why the cop just didn't take that potion that makes you the fastest gunner in the West for ten seconds. He certainly would have been able to shoot the weapon out of the suspect's hand.

I get mine from Henry J. Fate, but I'm sure you can also find it elsewhere.

DMC
01-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Guys talking sound just like south side SA mexicans tbh

BRHornet45
01-25-2012, 12:17 AM
one less piece of shit in the world. good riddance

CubanSucks
01-25-2012, 12:54 AM

YES

their fries used to be incredible but now they have these pathetic skinny pieces of shit

it's kinda funny cause BK went the other way except BK's fries used to be amazing as skinny but now they have the fatter fries which taste like the one's we had back in high school in the ghetto food line. Whereas Carl's Jr used to have fat fries that were amazing and now have bland skinny fries

Wild Cobra
01-25-2012, 05:01 AM
I think they did use unnecessary force, but he did look threatening with a lethal weapon. It is a reasonable claim that if they didn't take him down, he could have killed an officer first.

Wild Cobra
01-25-2012, 05:01 AM
We all know about the adrenalin rush excuse.

SW1ZDIXiuS4

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+excessive+force&oq=police++excessive&aq=0&aqi=g2g-m3&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=24711l50307l0l54519l28l27l0l9l2l5l205l2797l 1.15.2l18l0
Classic.

Hey...

Why is that tape edited? Where's what happened just before that part?

rascal
01-25-2012, 05:39 AM
That guy was so slow didn't even look like much of a threat. The dog should have easily handled him.

mouse
01-25-2012, 08:30 AM
friend request sent =]

/thread

mouse
01-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Classic.

Hey...

Why is that tape edited? Where's what happened just before that part?

Are you saying it was "blacked" out?

2pac > Kobe
01-25-2012, 02:35 PM
another cool video
qeRlnvTeWJE
that was tight, building suspense leads to a happy ending :]

back on topic

RIP to that nigga

CubanSucks
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
That guy was so slow didn't even look like much of a threat. The dog should have easily handled him.

dogs well-being > crazed guy storming out with a crowbar

RIP to that nigga

DMC
01-25-2012, 06:59 PM
blue skies, he will be eating at the big Carl Sr's in the sky.

baseline bum
01-25-2012, 08:10 PM
LOL, the cops don't owe it to the criminal to wait until one of them gets whacked and possibly killed by a weapon. If you pull your weapon up and ready yourself to swing the only reasonable assumption is that you're about to swing.

Sisk
01-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Anyone who thinks the officer wasn't in the right is an idiot.

Wild Cobra
01-26-2012, 03:31 AM
Anyone who thinks the officer wasn't in the right is an idiot.
I agree. He was within his rights. I also think he could have chose a different option, but I don't mind seeing the scumbag off the street, for good.

Chomag
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
First of all it's so easy to arm chair what they could have done differently by watching a video in a calm manner with all the time to think about it. However these things are life and death situtions for these officers where every split second matters. What if the officer that was doing the shooting hesitated to weigh all of the options? His partner could have a cracked skull right now.

I agree that every situation has more then one option, but sometimes you just don't have time execute what might be the best one. The suspect was attacking and was a threat, that threat had to be naturalized very quickly. These officers have every right to return to their families safely just as any of us.

Point being, don't point a weapon and attack a police officer if you don't have a death wish.

Also, in a police officer training they are taught to shoot to kill, not wound. Go to any gun handling class, that is one of the first things they teach you.

Blake
01-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Of course he was drunk.

He has to deal all day with geniuses that buy vowels when the board shows something like wh _ _ l of fortun_.

baseline bum
01-26-2012, 01:31 PM
What if the officer that was doing the shooting hesitated to weigh all of the options? His partner could have a cracked skull right now.

Yeah, best case scenario for his partner would have been a bunch of fractured bones in his hand/arm if he gets them up to block in time and some major plastic surgery to his forehead. So in the best case scenario the guy's hand is crippled, he can't pick his kids up, he probably can't write well, can't go rock-climbing or shoot a basketball normally, can't throw a football with his kids, etc. That's a hell of a lot to give up because you're not willing to shoot an attacker. Even worse, a blow to the front of the head can injure the part of your brain that keeps you from acting like an impulsive and aggressive 2 year-old. It can easily change who a person is.

Blake
01-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Of course he was drunk.

He has to deal all day with geniuses that buy vowels when the board shows something like wh _ _ l of fortun_.

Fail :td

Obstructed_View
01-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Suicide by cop. Not completely uncommon. Pretty much a guaranteed quick death with the LAPD. There are simply too many crazy people out there for them to take chances.

Those of you that feel like talking guys like that into dropping their weapons or wrestling on the ground with someone while a crowd gathers around are welcome to go apply for a position.

Frank Dux
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Should have karate kicked his hand. Stupid fat lazy pig has probably never even heard of Van Damme.