PDA

View Full Version : Game Five GTG, Sunday at our house

Kori Ellis
06-18-2005, 05:39 PM
I understand some people think we should switch the location because the Spurs have lost two in a row. I thought maybe so too. But PLEASE, the Spurs don't know we are watching at our house and neither do the Pistons. If you want to come and switch your mojo, just watch on a different TV or sit in a different place.

I'm a little sick, so I don't feel like going out. Plus I called five places and no one would hold 25 seats for us. Somewhere told me that all of us would have to show up four hours before gametime. Screw that!

So honestly, if you aren't going to come watch it with us after coming to all the GTG's so far, that's pretty weak.

Here's the tentative RSVP list that I have so far.

Tell me if you are in or out.

me
timvp
redkryptonite
whitney
spurswoman, useruser666 (?)
mouse
bigzak
johnnyblaze
mr.dio
pakidan
dickie
angel luv
spurschick
ginofan
manny
jekka
alamospursfan
Joe Chalupa
exstatic
Michelle

timvp
06-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Dat's what I'm talking about.

Bandwagon check.

:makemyday

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Nut up, No Limit Army.

TNT21
06-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Dammint what happened to Goombas?? SO what if you have to show up 9 hours before gametime!! :lol

Kori Ellis
06-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Dammint what happened to Goombas?? SO what if you have to show up 9 hours before gametime!! :lol

Goomba's didn't have room for us. That place only holds about 60 people total.

TNT21
06-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh, Okay.

timvp
06-18-2005, 06:22 PM
The last GTG at Goomba's the Spurs lost.

This isn't about karma. This is about the Spurs winning and the bandwagon Spurs fans who are scared.

Mouse was right. You can count non-bandwagon Spurs fans on one hand.

:smokin

spurschick
06-18-2005, 06:37 PM
I didn't realize that we were looking for a place due to karma, I figured that you and LJ just needed a break. :)

We won game 5 of the WCF while at Casa de Ellis, so I'd say that we've got some great game 5 karma going on there.

Kori Ellis
06-18-2005, 06:40 PM
I figured that you and LJ just needed a break.

Actually you guys have been doing a good job of not making our house super messy or anything. Mainly due to Mouse cleaning up during the GTG's and people being willing to throw away their own trash. One request I do have is that whoever drinks half beers and returns the bottles to the refrigerator, please remove the half beers at a later time and drink them or throw them away.

KEDA
06-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Im going to sit this one out, not because Im a bandwaggoner, but because Im going to spend the time with my DAD!!!

every time you see Rasho, think of me!!!

whottt
06-18-2005, 06:44 PM
The main reason I wanted you guys to move the GTG was so TimVP wouldn't have an excuse for no-showing on the board after a loss...I look forward to arguing with him over who deserves the most blame...plus..it never seems to keep Kori from showing up.

Secondly...being suprstitious has nothing to do with being a bandwaggoner or not...I am a highly superstitious individual but that doesn't mean I am going to change bandwagons...jumping ship is the ultimate badluck charm anyway :smokin

Since you guys can't find another place to hold the GTG..I suggest still doing something to change the luck...

At the very least you guys need to have a wet T-shirt contest or something.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else to help out.

Kori Ellis
06-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Im going to sit this one out, not because Im a bandwaggoner, but because Im going to spend the time with my DAD!!!

Your dad doesn't want to come to our house?!?

Kori Ellis
06-18-2005, 06:46 PM

I'll let you know if I think of anything else to help out.

Spurschick was willing to get naked at the last GTG if it guaranteed a Spurs victory :lol

KEDA
06-18-2005, 06:46 PM
its kinda too late for them, my grandma is going to be with us, and its a LOOONNNGGG ass drive for them.

JoeChalupa
06-18-2005, 06:47 PM
The Chalupa Mojo will be in the house.

KEDA
Spurschick was willing to get naked at the last GTG if it guaranteed a Spurs victory :lol

If Krista wasnt there I would have had the dollars out!!!

wait, I would have had them out anyway!!!

Kori Ellis
The Chalupa Mojo will be in the house.

Cool!

spurschick
06-18-2005, 06:51 PM

The key word there is "guaranteed" - not to be confused with guaransheed, which would mean that I would be willing to get phenomenally stoned.

Mr Dio
06-18-2005, 07:16 PM
I think if Dio is sitting on the couch this time the Spurs should win by dbl digits. This Manny guy on the couch has been a reel phuck up!

angel_luv
06-18-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm definitely in and I'm super glad it is at your house... it is my fave. GTG place.
Hope you feel better Kori! () = )

angel_luv
06-18-2005, 07:26 PM

I hope I have plenty of opportunities to think you through out the game. :lol

Yea Rasho_Luv! :makeout

Mr Dio
06-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Angel, maybe we should have you watch the game on the back deck for good luck & hopefully Rasho gets a triple double!!!

angel_luv
06-18-2005, 08:01 PM
How did I suddenly become an " outsider"???!!!!???

KEDA
06-18-2005, 08:10 PM
we had an E-tribal counsel and voted you out of the living room!!

timvp
06-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Everyone will assume their Game 5 position from the Suns series. I believe that calls for Angel_Luv to be stationed on the right leg of the couch on the floor.

mouse
06-18-2005, 08:22 PM
what about we all meet at the SBC?

cqsallie
06-18-2005, 08:29 PM
We are an army by-and-for ourselves. I have four sons and one daughter, which translates into 10 immediate family. Then, there are the 10 offspring.
We are a powerhouse of yellers, screamers, cheerers, swearers!
As far as how big the screen is, I don't know. I only know that you have to sit in some horizontal range in order for the stuff to look right. Sometimes I just forget the whole thing and watch the game on my 32". Sometimes the kids just choose to watch the game on a smaller screen with me...
I really don't care anymore about the size of the TV screen. I can watch - and get terribly involved in a game - on a 19" screen.
No matter how long I've been posting on this site; no matter how relatively sane I appear to be, I would much prefer that you not see me in my melt-down mode. I know I try to portray a suave, savvy attitude - and there's a chance that somebody out there has bought into the concept. But, the truth be known, I am inclined to go ballistic, charge the TV screen spouting foul language and threatening horrible repercussions....
It is so much better if I stay at home. You wouldn't like me when I'm mad...
Much love to you all,
sallie

KEDA
06-18-2005, 08:40 PM
But, the truth be known, I am inclined to go ballistic, charge the TV screen spouting foul language and threatening horrible repercussions....

So what you are saying is that you and Manny would get along just fine!

MannyIsGod
06-18-2005, 08:47 PM
:lmao

Me and my foul mouth bitch ass will be there.

nbascribe
06-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Have fun peeps. I will be back from my hiatus on Tuesday, time for game six.

GM

angel_luv
06-18-2005, 09:21 PM
we had an E-tribal counsel and voted you out of the living room!!

I am Angel. You mere mortals cannot boss me around. I only answer to a Higher Power! () = )

angel_luv
06-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Everyone will assume their Game 5 position from the Suns series. I believe that calls for Angel_Luv to be stationed on the right leg of the couch on the floor.

You heard him folks... the higher power. :lol Thanks L.J. = )

cqsallie
06-18-2005, 09:23 PM
So what you are saying is that you and Manny would get along just fine!
Yep! And who would really want more than one Manny? And, Manny is bringing his foul-mouthed girlfriend?
Hey! Foul lies in the ears of the listener. What's foul to one may be music to another. At some point I'm looking forward to meeting you all, but when I look at the GTG pics that Kori posts, it's as if I had taken pics at my house with a bunch of unfamiliar faces.
I think I know Mr. Dio. I think we maybe worked together for several years. If so, I think he knows who I am just by my posting name.
So, Dio, how goes the war?

spurschick
06-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Have fun peeps. I will be back from my hiatus on Tuesday, time for game six.

GM

In time to enjoy your gift certificate from Outback Steakhouse?

Ginofan
06-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Gonna sit this one out guys, have fun!

Mr Dio
06-18-2005, 09:54 PM
How did I suddenly become an " outsider"???!!!!???

What do you mean suddenly? KEDA & Manny voted you out weeks ago.

Sallie, was it here in SA or in Cali that we worked together? I have many a senior moment & I forget or can't think of things so easily anymore. Do we work together @ Megaplexxx now?

If you were there for Game 5 vs Phoenix you need to be there lady!!!!

nbascribe
06-18-2005, 11:40 PM
gift certificate???? what gift certificate?? lol

I will be at game six with kori...either we will have a funeral or a celebration...something has got to give

Kori Ellis
06-19-2005, 01:03 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sense
06-19-2005, 02:03 AM
BOOOOOO indeed.... you have the chance to go to a GTG and you don't go?

Some people waste stuff.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2005, 04:15 AM
BOOOOOO indeed.... you have the chance to go to a GTG and you don't go?

Some people waste stuff.

She's going to go now.

For those who were asking what to bring, please bring the following if you can:

Johnny Blaze - soda
angel luv - chips
Manny, Mr. Dio, Spurschick and BigZak (if you are coming) - beer
redkryptonite - bottled water

We'll supply the food.

angel_luv
06-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Will do! See you tonight!

spurschick
06-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Beer it is!

MadDog73
06-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Sorry guys, I'm out. :(

We're going to have a little Barbecue over here. Besides, my wife is in no condition to get too excited! :D

But my thoughts will be 100% with you and the Spurs. Work that mojo guys!

smeagol
06-19-2005, 10:57 AM
From the pictures I've seen, a wet T-shirt contest would be won by Kori by a landslide (now I know tivmp will never ever invite me to a GTG) :lol

Mr Dio
06-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Beer it is!

catydid
06-19-2005, 11:23 AM
What, a lot of you have your own party going on? How cool! Just hope it helps to create some positive vibes for the Spurts who playing in spirts. It seems they need all the positive vibes we can send them. WHERE ARE MY SPURS? I don't recognize this team of ringers. I want MY team to show up tonight and play like we know they are capable. And those "bandwagoners" jumping on and off are NOT fans at all. True fans stick with their team through thick and thin. How many of you were still there when the Spurs were 20-62? Not real fans unless you were still hanging in there and going to the Dome or Arena when it was almost empty of fans. The rest are just bandwagoners only interested in winners and NOT supporting their team no matter what.
So let's have some positive vibes heading up to Detroit tonight for our Spurs.

[B]GO, SPURS, GO!!

Mr Dio
06-19-2005, 11:52 AM
1988-89 21 61 .256
1987-88 31 51 .378 Lakers win trophy

I was in SoCal when this happened. I was ribbed(/insulted) endlessly by many Laker/NBA fans.
I can't tell you every stat of every Spur in history but I've been a fan since I was in middle school @ Mark Twain & used to go to Hemisfair Arena & get a tkt & sit upstairs w/all the Air Force trainees. Was too young to know that when mom drops you off in public people aren't smiling at you because you're cute..They think you're a nerd!
:lol

PakiDan
06-19-2005, 12:33 PM
If the door opens without a knock, that will be me.... and TIMVP, don't spill stuff on my carpet.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2005, 12:34 PM
and TIMVP, don't spill stuff on my carpet.

:lol

mouse
06-19-2005, 03:15 PM
where is GoDaddy how come he never shows up?

nbascribe
06-19-2005, 03:43 PM
okay i'll have to call kori and do my go spurs go cheer with vodka in my hands!!

We're doing the same thing here....miami heat fans are going for the Spurs....the world is indeed crashing!! :lol

Sonia_TX
06-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Have fun guys. I pulled an all nighter at the hospital and I am sooooooooo tired. I haven't been able to see any of the games in DetroitLand...but tonight will be a first. Finally...in my own home...able to watch a game. This means the Spurs better win! :)

RashoFan
06-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey Guys.....Hi Kori...I wish I could make it tonight...work has been busy and we have a group of wounded soilders coming in tonight... I WILL BE AT THE GTG ON TUESDAY WHEN WE WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP...with Rasho making the winning basket...Keep the FAITH!!! I will be listening to the game when I can...Let me know what the plan is for Tuesday....especially if it is getting a suite down townY'all have fun and be safe tonight!!!

angel_luv
06-19-2005, 05:36 PM
You can't come tonight?????? = (

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-19-2005, 06:06 PM
You can't come tonight?????? = (

More Rasho for you.

JoeChalupa
06-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Doesn't look like I'll make it tonight. My dad is still in town and wants to go out and grab some grub.
GO SPURS GO!!!

Kori Ellis
06-19-2005, 06:13 PM
are people coming over your house yet?

They are coming over after 6:30 or 7.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-19-2005, 06:19 PM
I was going to try and arrive at about 630 so I could secure my lucky seat, but I just woke up after an afternoon nap.

Be there in a few.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Spurschick was willing to get naked at the last GTG if it guaranteed a Spurs victory
Um, so what happened tonight? Pictures, please.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiangel.gif

MannyIsGod
06-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Holy shit. HOly shit. Holy shit.