PDA

View Full Version : Biedrins vs. Blair as 3rd Big

Calispursfan11
01-24-2012, 11:55 PM
It is becoming clear that Tiago is a legit 2nd big on this team regardless of if he is getting the minutes that make him the official 2nd. That said, would you drop Blair in favor of Biedrins if that was a possibility? I know Biedrins' stats have suffered tremendously over the past two seasons, but other than the horrific free throw shooting, he seems to have a lot more plusses and higher ceiling than Blair - not to mention he is a shot blocking AND rebounding presence. Blair will never be a shot-blocking threat. Biedrins was a monster, averaging a double double I think, a few seasons ago and has not declined physically and still has a bunch of good years left if utilized correctly. It just seems to be a confidence issue for him connected somewhat to the terrible free throwing.

Thoughts?

Leetonidas
01-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Definitely would rather have Biedrins but his contract sucks ass so for that price nah

elemento
01-25-2012, 12:09 AM
not with his 27m contract

only 2 ways to get him

If they take Richard Jefferson or if GS uses the amnesty clause on him and we make a bid

itzsoweezee
01-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Hell no.

I've watched a lot of Warriors games. Biedrins is probably the worst starter in the entire league.

Even Kwame Brown was stealing playing time from him.

He is absolutely horrible. I'd even take Bonner over Biedrins. Hell, even Darko is better than Biedrins.

The Warriors would be more than happy to get rid of the guy.

mathbzh
01-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Biedrins is horrible

Calispursfan11
01-25-2012, 01:24 AM
not with his 27m contract

only 2 ways to get him

If they take Richard Jefferson or if GS uses the amnesty clause on him and we make a bid

Holeee Jeesus. 27 M????

Proxy
01-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Hell no.

He is absolutely horrible. I'd even take Bonner over Biedrins. Hell, even Darko is better than Biedrins.

:nope

sasffl
01-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Wizards don't offer contract to McGee. Maybe good trade target

DesignatedT
01-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Him and RJs contract are about the same. Would anyone do a straight up swap?

Fireball
01-27-2012, 01:31 AM
If Blair would be an actual Big, we would have no problem ...

Spurtacus
01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Wizards don't offer contract to McGee. Maybe good trade target

If we want more highlight dunks on ESPN.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-27-2012, 01:28 PM
McGee would instantly become the 3rd best big on the roster by a wide margin.

elemento
01-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I have to remind you guys that McGee gave an interview saying he feels he is a "near max player". :lol

He is worth what DJ got from the Clips at most. They're basically the same player, with the same dumbness.

Calispursfan11
01-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I have to remind you guys that McGee gave an interview saying he feels he is a "near max player". :lol

He is worth what DJ got from the Clips at most. They're basically the same player, with the same dumbness.

Based on that, do you think he's a likely cancer to a locker room? Sounds like a possibility.

SpurNation
01-27-2012, 04:16 PM

Well...if he was talking about his skills and not salary...he'd be correct.

z0sa
01-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Like the player, hate the contract.

jjktkk
01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Based on that, do you think he's a likely cancer to a locker room? Sounds like a possibility.

Based on his off the court issues as well. Guy is still young, but hes a knucklehead, and so far has not shown anything close to being a team player and showing any bbiq.

timvp
01-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I used to really like Biedrins but he's lost all confidence and, like itsoweezee said, he sucks nowadays. I'm not sure what happened to him but he's a shell of the 2007 to 2008 version of Biedrins.

elemento
01-27-2012, 05:15 PM

I know his bbiq is really low. He is long, athletic and he is a very good shot-blocker.

In the right situation he can be a productive player, just like DJ is in LA, but i don't think San Antonio is the right place for him. He is too dumb to play here.

TJastal
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I know his bbiq is really low. He is long, athletic and he is a very good shot-blocker.

In the right situation he can be a productive player, just like DJ is in LA, but i don't think San Antonio is the right place for him. He is too dumb to play here.

I'm not convinced of that. He is a defense and rebounding oriented center who plays for Don Nelson. That alone should tell you all you need to know why things haven't quite worked out for him over there.

Playing in a more structured setting would probably do wonders for his game and confidence.

pad300
01-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Tjastal, I think they've entered a separate conversation track talking about McGee from the Wizards

angelbelow
01-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I used to really like Biedrins but he's lost all confidence and, like itsoweezee said, he sucks nowadays. I'm not sure what happened to him but he's a shell of the 2007 to 2008 version of Biedrins.

Injures and that new contract probably de-motivated him. He looked out of shape the last time I watched the Warriors. Happens to certain players when they get paid.