PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts About Turkish Players

Mr Fundamental
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone !

I'm from Istanbul/TURKEY..

And i am a huge Spurs fan for long years. In Turkey because of local time difference, I slept in the evening and woke up at midnight to watch Spurs matches :lol It's tough but it's okay :lol I still watch Spurs games although i am sleepless at work the next day :lol

I wanna ask your opinions about Turkish players in the NBA. We have known them from little ages here and we are excited that they are playing in the NBA know.

But i wanna hear your thoughts about our guys in the league:

Hedo , Memo, Ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter..

Hedo is the only one who played in Spurs.

I would love to see Ilyasova and Asik in Spurs uniform in the future. Especially Asik would be a great fit in Spurs.

What's your thoughts?

bdictjames
01-25-2012, 01:33 PM
They are pretty good. Very versatile, great shooters, great ball-handlers. Never doofs on the basketball court. Turkey has produced some great NBA talent.

phxspurfan
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
It looks like Turkish players have a great reputation in the NBA as solid players. They never seem like premier athletes (as in, running and jumping), but are skilled shooters and have good basketball IQ.

Hedo was good as a Spur. I disagree with people who talk very negatively about him, as he was a solid role player for this team in 2004. Of course he could have been more productive in the post season, but he didn't get a lot of time to get used to the Spurs organization before he was out of San Antonio.

If the Bulls ever let go of Asik they would either be very stupid or have one great player/draft pick in return. It would be on the same stupidity level as Orlando letting Gortat get away.

lefty
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
THey shit on Greek players

elemento
01-25-2012, 04:49 PM
They are much better than the Greeks, that's for sure

Leetonidas
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Turks > Greeks