PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign Freddie Mitchell

pooh
06-18-2005, 08:37 PM
"I'd like to thank my hands for being steady while writing my name on this contract, even though I'm just an average receiver who had one nice game in his career."

What is Vermeil thinking?

Chris
06-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Its better than what they have. Have you seen the Chiefs WR lineup? It's atrocious.

pooh
06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
They have Gonzalez at TE and Hall there...the last thing they need is Mitchell.

Marklar MM
06-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Who cares. The Lions have Rogers, Williams, Williams, and Johnson. That is probably the best corps of recievers in the game.(If Rogers decides to not end his season on the first play again.) So much speed, great hands. Harrington has no excuse this year...these recievers will catch anything you throw at them. Williams and Rogers on wide out, and M.Williams in the slot. Boy o Boy. Great year to be a Lions fan. Lets hope the pass defense is somewhat decent this year. :(

jalbre6
06-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Who cares. The Lions have Rogers, Williams, Williams, and Johnson. That is probably the best corps of recievers in the game.(If Rogers decides to not end his season on the first play again.) So much speed, great hands. Harrington has no excuse this year...these recievers will catch anything you throw at them. Williams and Rogers on wide out, and M.Williams in the slot. Boy o Boy. Great year to be a Lions fan. Lets hope the pass defense is somewhat decent this year. :(

Don't forget that Kevin Jones runs a 4.3 40 and was one of the best recieving backs in the country at Va Tech with Bryan Randall tossing him the ball.

Joey oughta be scared shitless of losing his job. Especially with Jeff Garcia salivating over all those weapons he isn't geting to play with. Speaking of that, why isn't McMahon a Lion anymore? I used to think that he was a lot better than Harrington. He went to Philly, right?

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Think so. He was a good runner, and could scramble, but he can't throw worth shit. Anyway, once the Lions got Jones to run straight up the middle, instead of trying to rely on speed and go left and right, he was insane. 1133 yards in first season, averaging 4.7 a carry. That is better than Ricky Williams career average. Shit. Ricky Williams only averaged 4.8 once in his career in 2002. Every other year he was 3.4 and 4.0. But this year looks very promising for Detroit on the offensive side.

Defensively, we got Boss Bailey back, got Shaun Cody to help. As always, we have Shaun Rogers..the most feared DT ever. Well not ever, but he is one hell of a good player...so freaking quick for a 350 pounder, and he can do 360 degree dunks...if that isn't athleticism, I do not know what is. All in all, I hope we can pull out at least 10-5 this year, or at least make the playoffs.

But as you said, we got Garcia...a pro-bowl qb as our backup, so if Joey f***s up again, we know we are probably upgrading.

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Who cares. The Lions have Rogers, Williams, Williams, and Johnson. That is probably the best corps of recievers in the game.(If Rogers decides to not end his season on the first play again.) So much speed, great hands. Harrington has no excuse this year...these recievers will catch anything you throw at them. Williams and Rogers on wide out, and M.Williams in the slot. Boy o Boy. Great year to be a Lions fan. Lets hope the pass defense is somewhat decent this year.

Yeah if Mike Williams can be the player he was at USC and dominate cornerbacks and Charles Rogers actually can play a whole season or even half a season without getting injured. Roy Williams will be Roy Williams. They probably will have the best WR corps in the NFL. But all of that has yet to be seen. No one really knows how good Charles Rogers is because he hasn't played many NFL games. I believe Mike Williams will be an excellent player. He is learning all different kinds of spots this off-season and he will probably be the slot receiver.

If Joey Harrington doesn't get it done then its just about over for him because Jeff Garcia will be taking his job and Mariucci won't be scared to leave Garcia as the QB because he knows what he can do. He coached Garcia when he was in San Fransico.

Also another point is the Lions have Kevin Jones and toward the end of the season last year you started to see his potential, he will be a great back but no Barry Sanders.

Pee_Eye_Emm_Pee
07-01-2005, 08:17 AM
i can't stand FRED EX... actually i can't stand any eagles

so i hope he has the same kind of career in KC that he had in philly, i hate the guy