PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Autonomy

timvp
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Following the draft dodging act committed by JMarkJohns, the executive committee is down to 19 members. With regards to EC replacements, the official rules state (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190188):

The Replacements
When a replacement for the committee is needed, there will be an open competition announced on the NBA Forum. The competition details will be given at that time.Below, find the details of this competition, entitled Grey's Autonomy.

Eligibility
To enter this contest, you must have a grey username. Also, your join date has to be prior to Jan. 1, 2011. No trolls or second accounts are allowed. You must be a true blue member of the grey persuasion.

Procedure
Post in this thread the name of three NBA players who are playing tonight. Do not post the same threesome of players as someone who has already posted in this thread. However, you can select players who have already been selected as long as at least one is different.

Scoring
The field goal percentage of your three selected players will be calculated. The grey poster whose players shoot the LOWEST percentage will win this competition.

Tiebreaker
If two scores tie for the win, DPG21920 will select the winning grey poster.

Winner's Decision
The winner of the competition will select the newest executive committee member. For the selection to become official, one (1) current member of the executive committee will need to approve the selection within 24 hours. If that doesn't happen, the second place grey poster in this competition will have 24 hours for their nomination to become official. And so on.

Small Print
The three players must attempt a total of at least ten field goal attempts. No editing of posts allowed. You may select a player up until the start time of their game.

This competition will begin when Kori Ellis okays these measures.

stretch
01-25-2012, 03:36 PM
:td

monosylab1k
01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
The field goal percentage of your three selected players will be calculated. The grey poster whose players shoot the LOWEST percentage will win this competition.

lol does everyone entering have to pick different NBA players? Cuz if Kobe's playing tonight you know everyone wants him.

VBM
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Demar Derozan
Tyreke Evans
Monte Ellis

stretch
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
lol does everyone entering have to pick different NBA players? Cuz if Kobe's playing tonight you know everyone wants him.

Also, they might just pick players who are total benchwarmers, that are technically active, will shoot a combined 0-0 on FGs, and end up with a 0%.

monosylab1k
01-25-2012, 03:41 PM
crofl with the Mavs playing Lamar Odom will be a popular name too.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
OK'd.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
When does the amnesty happen and we get our old names back?

By tomorrow.

timvp
01-25-2012, 03:43 PM
lol does everyone entering have to pick different NBA players? Cuz if Kobe's playing tonight you know everyone wants him.Edited for clarity.

Also, they might just pick players who are total benchwarmers, that are technically active, will shoot a combined 0-0 on FGs, and end up with a 0%.Addressed in the small print.

timvp
01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
When does the amnesty happen and we get our old names back?

tbh I've done about ten so far. I'll post in the thread when finished.

Leetonidas
Just give it to me and be done with it. Black is just a dark shade of grey :lol

JMarkJohns
I don't fight other posters' battles.

It's hilarious that one of the primary reasons I came to Spurstalk was it once was the antithesis of phxsuns.net. No longer. Lockstep or two smoking barrels is what I see.

Never liked the idea of a poster hierarchy.

timvp
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM

It's hilarious that one of the primary reasons I came to Spurstalk was it was once the antithesis of phxsuns.net. No longer. Lockstep or two smoking barrels is what I see.

Tbh the opening line was for theatrics :toast

JMarkJohns
01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Tbh the opening line was for theatrics :toast

TBH my initial response was that draft dodging worked for Ali.

monosylab1k
01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Lockstep or two smoking barrels is what I see.

lolwut? Cubby is posting nonstop Nazi/KKK imagery and getting away with it. Nobody is even trying to get him banned or even pinked yet.

sendman
01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm going with my homeboys Udrih, Dragic and....Rubio.

JMarkJohns
01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
lolwut? Cubby is posting nonstop Nazi/KKK imagery and getting away with it. Nobody is even trying to get him banned or even pinked yet.

Funny how the last little word can be the most telling.

DisAsTerBot
01-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Ramon Sessions
Toney Douglass
Brian Cook

stretch
01-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Addressed in the small print.

Ah I didn't read closely enough then.

monosylab1k
01-25-2012, 03:54 PM

:lol then go back to your shitty little suns site. You're just as bad as Cubby thinking this place is Nazi Germany now. We haven't even done shit and you're bitching.

DPG21920
01-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Oh, so I guess you think it's ok to post scenes of a graphic nature compulsively :tu

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm going with Jason Kidd, Rodney Stuckey, and Tayshaun Prince.

Giuseppe
01-25-2012, 03:55 PM

It's hilarious that one of the primary reasons I came to Spurstalk was it once was the antithesis of phxsuns.net. No longer. Lockstep or two smoking barrels is what I see.

jm

monosylab1k
01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh, so I guess you think it's ok to post scenes of a graphic nature compulsively :tu

:cry but but but if you don't allow it then it means there's no freedom :cry :cry :cry

Spur_Fanatic
01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Metta World Peace
Carmelo Anthony
Beaubois

Robz4000
01-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Wesley Matthews
Landry Fields
Andrea Bargnani

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Gerald Wallace
Landry Fields
Andrea Bargnani

:nope

MavDynasty
01-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Lol still riding Wallace's dick

Kori Ellis
01-25-2012, 04:03 PM
For all the people complaining, we have put thousands upon thousands of dollars and hours into SpursTalk. I'm not willing for the end result to be to end up in a legal battle because of a few unappreciative, obnoxious losers. So, we are doing what we have to do to regain control. The past two years, we have been dealing with a lot in our family, and virtually ignored the forum -- that's on us. But it's also on us to do whatever we have to do to clean it up. So that's what's happening.

And in case you're confused, you haven't paid a dollar to be here in an ad-free forum for the last nine years. You can leave the same way you came in.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
^^ For that record, that wasn't addressing JMJ. It was addressing the repeat offenders, whiners and complainers.

manufan10
For all the people complaining, we have put thousands upon thousands of dollars and hours into SpursTalk. I'm not willing for the end result to be to end up in a legal battle because of a few unappreciative, obnoxious losers. So, we are doing what we have to do to regain control. The past two years, we have been dealing with a lot in our family, and virtually ignored the forum -- that's on us. But it's also on us to do whatever we have to do to clean it up. So that's what's happening.

And in case you're confused, you haven't paid a dollar to be here in an ad-free forum for the last nine years. You can leave the same way you came in.

:toast

Thank you!

:hat

TimmehC
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Rodney Stuckey
Lamar Odom

Robz4000
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
:nope
They're on a b2b @ GS and the terms were the players had to take at least 10 shots. Considering how bad he shoots when Portland loses (and I think Portland's gonna stink it up), on top of his sprained finger, I can see him not being too productive.

JMarkJohns
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
:lol then go back to your shitty little suns site. You're just as bad as Cubby thinking this place is Nazi Germany now. We haven't even done shit and you're bitching.

I'm just as bad why? I've not evoked anything controversial. I've said I don't care for poster hierarchies, and dislike "approval/permission" committees.

jjktkk
01-25-2012, 04:06 PM

Best sports forum on the web tbh. Very much appreciated Kori.

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
They're on a b2b @ GS and the terms were the players had to take at least 10 shots. Considering how bad he shoots when Portland loses (and I think Portland's gonna stink it up), on top of his sprained finger, I can see him not being too productive.

They have to shoot a combined 10 shots, tbh.

MavDynasty
01-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah thanks, I know I have acted up a few times throughout the years but I've learned to appreciate this forum and all that y'all do. I don't know any other sports board, or any forum, where management is involved as much as you and Timvp are. Thanks

JMarkJohns
01-25-2012, 04:09 PM
^^ For that record, that wasn't addressing JMJ. It was addressing the repeat offenders, whiners and complainers.

And for what it's worth I've always appreciated the forum and tried to refrain from polluting it with crap, whether it be whining, worthless/useless opinion, or grabass politics.

DPG21920
01-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Kori and Tim, I know now what I must do. I would like to retract The Request (including removal of phase I). I am the one.

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM

I seriously did not know that you could get in trouble legally for posting naughty words on the internet...that's crazy. You really don't want to get tied up in a legal battle, that costs time and $$$. I guess I should have been arrested by now?

DisAsTerBot
01-25-2012, 04:13 PM

:tu

Robz4000
01-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Changed it for you, love <3

Giuseppe
01-25-2012, 04:15 PM

I'll cease and desist. Per the usual I took it too far.

My apologies to both Tim & Kori.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I seriously did not know that you could get in trouble legally for posting naughty words on the internet...that's crazy. You really don't want to get tied up in a legal battle, that costs time and $$$. I guess I should have been arrested by now?

It's a little more than naughty words.

monosylab1k
Winner's Decision
The winner of the competition will select the newest executive committee member. For the selection to become official, one (1) current member of the executive committee will need to approve the selection within 24 hours. If that doesn't happen, the second place grey poster in this competition will have 24 hours for their nomination to become official. And so on.

So if you win, are you allowed to select yourself?

mavs>spurs
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Rodney Stuckey
Lamar Odom

y u copying my stuckey, brah?

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 04:18 PM
It's a little more than naughty words.

I thought it was the racism? I didn't know you could get in legal trouble for saying a racist word on the internet either. I mean I've done everything from write every slur in the book all the way to downright threatening people (trolling of course) and never had anything happen. Either way, it just seems petty and crazy that anyone would contact you guys about it. Fuck that lol.

jjktkk
01-25-2012, 04:20 PM
1. Chris Singleton
2. Byron Mullens
3. Johan Petro

midnightpulp
01-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Matt Bonner, Mo Williams, DeShawn Stevenson.

TimmehC
01-25-2012, 04:22 PM
y u copying my stuckey, brah?

I would've used Hinrich, but Parker's going to be "guarding" him.

Truckules
01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Brandon Jennings, Nick Young, Jose Calderon

Nathan89
01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
DeShaun Stevenson
Matt Carroll
Metta World Peace

Robz4000
01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
I thought it was the racism? I didn't know you could get in legal trouble for saying a racist word on the internet either. I mean I've done everything from write every slur in the book all the way to downright threatening people (trolling of course) and never had anything happen. Either way, it just seems petty and crazy that anyone would contact you guys about it. Fuck that lol.
You'd be surprised. I used to run/host an IRC server a couple years back and such words were used often. One day someone wandered on and felt insulted by the use of language. Next thing I know I get emailed by the kid's father's lawyer threatening legal action if I didn't shut it down. Of course I just changed the address and IP, but it still goes to show you how far people will go if they feel the action warranted it.

Nathan89
01-25-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm Seppe's only hope.

rayjayjohnson
01-25-2012, 04:26 PM
john wall
tyreke evans
lamar odom

VBM
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM
john wall
tyreke evans
lamar odom

solid choice imho

timvp
01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
So if you win, are you allowed to select yourself?

No. You have to pick someone else.

Good question.

baseline bum
01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm really disappointed in the GNSF today; Iman Shumpert is playing tonight and no one has chosen his .368 ass yet.

jeebus
01-25-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm really disappointed in the GNSF today; Iman Shumpert is playing tonight and no one has chosen his .368 ass yet.

They can still edit posts up until start of the games, right?

Leetonidas
01-25-2012, 04:44 PM

:worthy:

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Lol still riding Wallace's dick

Welcome back nigga

stretch
01-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Welcome back nigga

:cry RIP

vy65
01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
You'd be surprised. I used to run/host an IRC server a couple years back and such words were used often. One day someone wandered on and felt insulted by the use of language. Next thing I know I get emailed by the kid's father's lawyer threatening legal action if I didn't shut it down. Of course I just changed the address and IP, but it still goes to show you how far people will go if they feel the action warranted it.

What are they gonna sue for? Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress? Battery? Those would require showing Kori and Timvp had the intent to harm, let's say for example, kool.

Negligence? I'm not sure that Kori/Tim have a duty to stop such speech on their forum - but maybe.

Some criminal law?

I guess this goes to the blood issue - but given what I've heard so far, I have trouble seeing how someone can make a case against Kori/Tim.

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
^you're probably right, but i think it's more like, they can't really do anything, but kori and timvp don't want to have to hassle with it nonetheless.

CubanMustGo
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Whether a case can be WON is arguable ... but if a case is filed, you have to spend thousands to tens of thousands of dollars defending yourself, otherwise you lose by default. I can understand Kori and LJ wanting to protect themselves against that, but I'll be darned if I understand the how and why all this committee stuff is going to do it.

vy65
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
fair nuff

vy65
01-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Shit's expensive. I hear that. And you prob don't wanna deal with a lawsuit given that you're not making money on the site. But that don't mean the threats of legal action have any legs. That's all I'm saying.

Robz4000
01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
What are they gonna sue for? Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress? Battery? Those would require showing Kori and Timvp had the intent to harm, let's say for example, kool.

Negligence? I'm not sure that Kori/Tim have a duty to stop such speech on their forum - but maybe.

Some criminal law?

I guess this goes to the blood issue - but given what I've heard so far, I have trouble seeing how someone can make a case against Kori/Tim.
Internet Defamation, but it's generally only used in cases involving more public figures. It was what was used against me (or threatened at any rate, along with copyright infringement due to the IRC server name). At any rate, anyone who would bother pursuing such charges over something someone called them over the internet must live a sad, sad life.

timvp
01-25-2012, 05:09 PM

Robinsons = Class

vy65
01-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Internet Defamation, but it's generally only used in cases involving more public figures. It was what was used against me (or threatened at any rate, along with copyright infringement due to the IRC server name). At any rate, anyone who would bother pursuing such charges over something someone called them over the internet must live a sad, sad life.

Interesting. From what I've seen, internet defamation has been used when shitting on a company's products.

Still difficult to prove - I've read that the court views blogs (and so probably forums too) as spaces to express opinions. I think a plaintiff would have a problem making out the falsity requirement for defamation.

But I understand not wanting to have to deal with this shit.

DPG21920
01-25-2012, 05:14 PM

You don't get to act (it's not acting with you) like an idiot, then just apologize and it goes away. How about quit acting like an idiotPERIOD

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 05:15 PM
I know one thing though, if all this fuss is over racism, certain posters spamming the forum with KKK pics probably isn't helping.

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 05:16 PM
^:wow i feel the power surging through my veins once again...

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 05:17 PM
:lmao my old pm box has been cleared!

DeadlyDynasty
01-25-2012, 05:17 PM
^:wow i feel the power surging through my veins once again...

Welcome back...get Cornholio again:lol

Pelicans78
01-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Wow, Mavs>Spurs is actually real. I thought he didn't exist.

Robz4000
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Interesting. From what I've seen, internet defamation has been used when shitting on a company's products.

Still difficult to prove - I've read that the court views blogs (and so probably forums too) as spaces to express opinions. I think a plaintiff would have a problem making out the falsity requirement for defamation.

Yeah it's a whole headache just better left alone. The lawyer said they had screenshots of the chat logs and saw loads of "slanderous language". Not gonna lie, there was, but suing over teenagers, or even adults, swearing seems counterproductive. Considering some of the personalities here on ST, I could see someone going so far as to use legal action to soothe their ego(s).

DeadlyDynasty
01-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Brandon Jennings, Nick Young, Jose Calderon

Best picks so far, imo

MavDynasty
01-25-2012, 05:22 PM
We all back from the dead nigga

jeebus
01-25-2012, 05:25 PM
tbh I've never seen the mavs>spurs username before.:wow

anonoftheinternets
01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Danny Granger, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings

DMC
01-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Interesting turn of events.

FkLA
01-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Mathew Bonner
Trevor Ariza
Tyreke Evans

InK
01-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Ill go with Brandon Jennings, Julyan Stone and Kenneth Faried.

baseline bum
01-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Austin Daye would have been my #1 pick, but he's actually at 50% tonight (2/4)

ElNono
01-25-2012, 08:27 PM

There were allegations that a certain poster had a history of pedophilia and there was severe trolling on that... I could see where IP logs would be requested by a court order or a federal agency in order to verify that the person in question was not a registered offender violating an order, or simply to launch an investigation on that individual...

Obviously, avoiding the whole conundrum is probably the better option.

Killakobe81
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Kori and Tim, I know now what I must do. I would like to retract The Request (including removal of phase I). I am the one.

Oh wow, you are capitualting? :depressed

Just teasing.
Even though the post offered here is beneath you, I think big things are in store. Just remember, despite our battles I have been your advocate instead of adversary.

You may still be "The ONE" ...remeber the oracle was wrong about NEO ... :wakeup

DPG21920
01-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh wow, you are capitulating? :depressed

Just teasing.
Even though the post offered here is beneath you, I think big things are in store. Just remember, despite our battles I have been your advocate instead of adversary.

You may still be "The ONE" ...remeber the oracle was wrong about NEO ... :wakeup

Not giving up, in fact I've had the realization that I am the one (I know, I'm a fast learner). I asked them to retract my request because it's dumb and doesn't change anything. I'd rather just go about my business and lead by example.

FkLA
01-25-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/2/28/MatrixDesertEagle-5.jpg/600px-MatrixDesertEagle-5.jpg

TimmehC
01-25-2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/2/28/MatrixDesertEagle-5.jpg/600px-MatrixDesertEagle-5.jpg

:lol Bonner
Ariza 0-5 though... nice pick.

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Following the draft dodging act committed by JMarkJohns, the executive committee is down to 19 members. With regards to EC replacements, the official rules state (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190188):

Below, find the details of this competition, entitled Grey's Autonomy.

Eligibility
To enter this contest, you must have a grey username. Also, your join date has to be prior to Jan. 1, 2011. No trolls or second accounts are allowed. You must be a true blue member of the grey persuasion.

Procedure
Post in this thread the name of three NBA players who are playing tonight. Do not post the same threesome of players as someone who has already posted in this thread. However, you can select players who have already been selected as long as at least one is different.

Scoring

Tiebreaker
If two scores tie for the win, DPG21920 will select the winning grey poster.

Winner's Decision

Small Print
The three players must attempt a total of at least ten field goal attempts. No editing of posts allowed. You may select a player up until the start time of their game.

This competition will begin when Kori Ellis okays these measures.
Why you trying to keep the purple man down?

Dunc n Dave
01-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Tyreke Evans, Raymond Felton, Dorell Wright

baseline bum
01-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Austin Daye would have been my #1 pick, but he's actually at 50% tonight (2/4)

Lol... he was shooting like 26% for the season and then dropped 28 points on Miami tonight. :rollin

FkLA
01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Bonner decided to go apeshit tonight for some reason as well, smh.

Nathan89
01-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Don't bother calculating mine. M. Carrol decided to go 7-10.

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 11:35 PM
crofl, yeah same here. kidd decided to hit his 2 of his 3 shots or w/e and stuckey decided to hit his shots too last i looked. oh and prince randomly didn't play due to a family issue.

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 11:46 PM
should have went with 2 of my original predictions of rubio and nick young. of course then they would have just hit their shots too rofl.

LnGrrrR
I'm amazed people aren't just guessing Kobe Bryant and two benchwarmers. :lol

Truckules
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Rodney Stuckey
Lamar Odom

CROFL 2-14
CROFL me not picking him

LnGrrrR
01-25-2012, 11:48 PM

Hear hear.

mavs>spurs
01-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm amazed people aren't just guessing Kobe Bryant and two benchwarmers. :lol

probably because bryant shoots 46% this year? the odds of him going for 50% are just as good as him going for 38%. that ain't gonna win it imho. need some scrubs like john wall and LO who shoot consistently in the 30's tbh.

Truckules

Our current leader tbhbtw

LnGrrrR

ya think? :lol

baseline bum
01-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Artest is always going to be your best bet; as a matter of fact, any Laker other than Kobe who shoots threes would have been a great choice.

FkLA
01-25-2012, 11:56 PM
TimmehC looks to have this in the bag tbh. Hes sitting at a pretty 27%. :wow

Truckules
01-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Rodney Stuckey
Lamar Odom

Winner

DisAsTerBot
01-26-2012, 01:07 AM
What happens if one of my players got a dnp? I think I'm at 24%

TimmehC
01-26-2012, 01:10 AM
CROFL 2-14
CROFL me not picking him

Wanna know the worst part? I picked him cuz he's on my fantasy team, and he's been doin' that shit all season.

timvp
01-26-2012, 01:16 AM
What happens if one of my players got a dnp? I think I'm at 24%

As long as your players attempted at least ten field goals, you're good.

I'll calculate the winner in the morning if someone else doesn't do it by then.

Dunc n Dave
01-26-2012, 02:13 AM

31.25% Anyone lower? If so, I had it in the bag if not for Dorell Wright. Felton and Evans were a combined 6-23, but Dorell had to go 5-9 tonight.

sendman
01-26-2012, 05:58 AM
31.25% Anyone lower? If so, I had it in the bag if not for Dorell Wright. Felton and Evans were a combined 6-23, but Dorell had to go 5-9 tonight.

Udrih, Dragic and Rubio are 8-29 and that is 27,59%.

Bow to me! :king:lol

TimmehC
01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Udrih, Dragic and Rubio are 8-29 and that is 27,59%.

Bow to me! :king:lol
Disasterbot's guys were 4-17, good for 23.5%.

sendman
01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Disasterbot's guys were 4-17, good for 23.5%.

:nope Brian Cook DNP...he is out.:nope

TimmehC
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
:nope Brian Cook DNP...he is out.:nope

Doesn't matter, his guys still got more than 10 combined shots between them. FWIW, my 3 were at 27.27%.

sendman
01-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Doesn't matter, his guys still got more than 10 combined shots between them. FWIW, my 3 were at 27.27%.

Bow to you then!:king Everything else is cheating and will be labeled with *