PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets reup Gallo - 4 yrs/$42 mil

rayjayjohnson
01-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Good value imo

http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2012/01/25/breaking-danilo-gallinari-nuggets-agree-on-four-year-extensioin/

mercos
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty good signing. I really like his game. Ten million a year is not bad at all for a 6'10" player who can shoot the three and take the ball to the rack. Looks like Denver ended up with the better end of the Carmelo deal.

rayjayjohnson
01-25-2012, 04:55 PM
He might not turn into a Carmelo-level superstar (who, many would say, is overrated to begin with), but he's only, what 23?

Add this to the rumours wilson chandler's people have started talking extension, nuggets front line is getting deeper, especially with al harrington balling out of his mind at the moment. never thought i'd say that

Halberto
10 million a year is what Dick Jefferson makes :(

rayjayjohnson
mercos, that is a sweet avatar

LeBald Crabs
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
meh

mercos
01-25-2012, 06:01 PM
mercos, that is a sweet avatar

Thanks. :toast

The Nuggets front line is looking better. With Lawson in the back court and the best home court advantage in basketball this is looking like one of the teams to beat in the West. I could see a Denver - OKC Western conference finals with the way things are going. That would be a hell of an entertaining series.

baseline bum
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM
The back injury history is a little troubling, but I think it's a decent deal for Denver still.

InRareForm
01-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Good deal

mystargtr34
01-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Its pretty uncommon to sign all star caliber players to good value deals.. props to Denver.

m>s
01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
they're pumping up their payroll again and in a few years maybe they'll find themselves being cramped with a full load of garbage contracts that they can't shed. that team ain't made to win championships imho and despite how good/talented they look atm, they don't have a #1 guy.

so even if we had a OKC-Denver WCF series, which two players (Durant and who?) do yall think would be featured on espn's frontpage? Durant vs. Nene or maybe Durant vs. Lawson?

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-25-2012, 08:00 PM
It would be Durant vs Gallo.

Killakobe81
01-25-2012, 08:22 PM
The back injury history is a little troubling, but I think it's a decent deal for Denver still.

I agree a bad back has felled players better than him ... (Larry Bird, Larry Johnson and countless others).

But I think I was arguing with Harlem (IIRC) about the kids ability ... he has great touch.He is quicker and smarter than he looks. I doubt he ever becomes a superstar but a fringe all-star is definitely possible.

baseline bum
01-25-2012, 08:23 PM
they're pumping up their payroll again and in a few years maybe they'll find themselves being cramped with a full load of garbage contracts that they can't shed. that team ain't made to win championships imho and despite how good/talented they look atm, they don't have a #1 guy.

so even if we had a OKC-Denver WCF series, which two players (Durant and who?) do yall think would be featured on espn's frontpage? Durant vs. Nene or maybe Durant vs. Lawson?

Durant vs. Westbrook