PDA

View Full Version : Impressive, most impressive...

DeadlyDynasty
01-25-2012, 11:45 PM
For the first time in nearly 5 years it looks like the Spurs are a legitimate contender to make the NBA Finals. The roster is deep, Leonard and Green provide much-needed defense on the perimeter, and you have a good crop of shooters.

Most importantly, Tiago Splitter is getting big-time minutes and producing like you all hoped (and we worried) he would. Last year's 60-win team was full's gold b/c yous were charmin-soft on the interior, but with Splitter's continued development I like the Spurs as my darkhorse pick to make a Finals run.

Let it be known that I think you have ZERO chance against the Miami Heat, but a Finals appearance for your aging core is certainly attainable in the crappy WC.

Leetonidas
01-25-2012, 11:47 PM
wat :wow

Danny.Zhu
01-25-2012, 11:49 PM
lol

Buddy Holly
01-25-2012, 11:50 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6iXMaqLZ5Ds/TVTayKO700I/AAAAAAAACdw/l7vMS3nuU7A/s1600/Hell_Frozen_Over.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
01-25-2012, 11:52 PM
:lolI'm being serious, fellas. Unless Pop decides to drastically cut Splitter's minutes (and increase Bonner's) come playoff time, then I like this team to do damage.

therealtruth
01-25-2012, 11:52 PM
For the first time in nearly 5 years it looks like the Spurs are a legitimate contender to make the NBA Finals. The roster is deep, Leonard and Green provide much-needed defense on the perimeter, and you have a good crop of shooters.

Most importantly, Tiago Splitter is getting big-time minutes and producing like you all hoped (and we worried) he would. Last year's 60-win team was full's gold b/c yous were charmin-soft on the interior, but with Splitter's continued development I like the Spurs as my darkhorse pick to make a Finals run.

Let it be known that I think you have ZERO chance against the Miami Heat, but a Finals appearance for your aging core is certainly attainable in the crappy WC.

They need one more defensive big. You can't count on Bonner/Blair in the playoffs.

8FOR!3
01-25-2012, 11:53 PM
idk about zero chance against the Heat though, remember the last time we faced LeCrab in the finals?

What the hell am I talking about, Heat don't come out of the East this year. They've got the same issues they had last year, except worse.

DeadlyDynasty
01-25-2012, 11:54 PM
They need one more defensive big. You can't count on Bonner/Blair in the playoffs.

coax Dice off the couch

DeadlyDynasty
01-25-2012, 11:55 PM
idk about zero chance against the Heat though, remember the last time we faced LeCrab in the finals?

Are you seriously comparing the 2007 Cavs to the Miami Heat?

Mugen
01-25-2012, 11:56 PM
you are underestimating LeBron's ability to choke in the Finals, DD.

That said, WCF is still the ceiling for this team. I don't think they get past the Thunder without home court or a major injury to Durant or Westbrook.

DeadlyDynasty
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM

That said, WCF is still the ceiling for this team. I don't think they get past the Thunder without home court or a major injury to Durant or Westbrook.

1. I honestly think his playoff choking days are over. The man's on a mission this year. It wouldn't surprise me if he avg'd a trip-dub in the Finals, tbh.

2. How would a Westbrook injury help the opponent?:lol

ezau
01-26-2012, 12:02 AM

I love my Spurs, but even reaching the WCF is already a huge achievement. Also, we're actually hard to beat when Matt Bonner shoots like this. The problem is, Bonner doesn't shoot this way at all in the playoffs:lol:lol

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2012, 12:02 AM

I think they could make it to the Finals if they add another solid big man that can defend and board.

ElNono
01-26-2012, 12:03 AM
The west still has good teams, even if it's lacking a true dominant one... This team still needs to show they can produce consistently on the road also, where the two wins came from two prayers...

OKC, Portland, Denver, Clippers, Grizzlies... they're all good teams.. I agree this team also needs more depth inside.

There's more to the West than the Lakeshow, tbh

cherylsteele
01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Jinx thread?

FkLA
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
If they somehow manage to get Dice to comeback and the starting line-up at seasons end is Parker-Manu-Leonard-Duncan-Splitter than they have a chance to sneak into the Finals. Otherwise probably not. :(

lefty
01-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Lol Lakers

dunkman
01-26-2012, 12:21 AM
This team will make the finals, IMO.

timtonymanu
01-26-2012, 12:24 AM
The defense is still nowhere near championship level although Splitter and Leonard have somewhat improved it.

There is also the possibility that Pop will go to Bonner/Blair too much. Also it depends on how healthy/fresh our Big 3 are come playoffs.

Snaq O'Meal
01-26-2012, 12:26 AM

LBJ may choke, but the refs won't.

Leetonidas
01-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Without Tiago starting next to Tim and Leonard in place of RJ once Manu returns, not gonna happen

baseline bum
01-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Not buying it; this team's record is still shit on the road.

mercos
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Everything would have to go right for them to make the finals. Health, coaching decisions (playing Splitter more), and getting hot at the right time. The west is wide open. I am actually more concerned with Denver than I am with OKC. The Spurs have handled them pretty well since Durant and Westbrook arrived.

Miami at its absolute best would be tough to beat, but they have problems of their own. Wade can not seem to stay healthy, Lebron struggles on the big stage, and beyond the big three they are simply not that deep. They are clearly the favorites to come out of the east, but it is not a given at this point. I'm not counting out Chicago just yet. How the Dwight Howard situation plays out will also likely have big playoff implications.

Sean Cagney
01-26-2012, 01:15 AM
:depressed
:lolI'm being serious, fellas. Unless Pop decides to drastically cut Splitter's minutes (and increase Bonner's) come playoff time, then I like this team to do damage.

Then you HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY about because Pop loves Bonner :lol:depressed

jjktkk
01-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Need a healthy Manu.

stephen jackson
01-26-2012, 01:29 AM
odd because everyone is writing us off.
not surprised they would always right us off even when we had a prime duncan

mystargtr34
01-26-2012, 01:34 AM
DD with the goods.. the Spurs are most definately a contender to come out of the West but they are dependant on 2 things;

1. Health, especially Manu.

2. Pop's stupidity level. If Tiago starts and plays 30+ minutes the Spurs will be fine. If Blair continues to start and play 20+ minutes.. and Bonner plays the same minutes as Tiago.. the Spurs ceiling is the second round.

Its simple really.