PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Individual Stats Appalling!

Calispursfan11
01-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Wow, I was looking at stats just for fun on NBA.com and my god. These guys are absolutely awful at least individually compared to last year. Dirk is barely hitting 17ppg and 5rebs, decent for a second option maybe, but not by his lofty standards. Terry is like 13ppg. which is way below what he normally does. Odom? I could barely look it was so bad. Jason Kidd was beyond description - shooting 25% from the field and averaging only 4ppg but playing 30 mins a game? Oh lord. The Spurs look like ageless golden gods compared to these fat and happy grandpas. Forget a repeat. These guys are not making it out of the first round if they even get there.

pass1st
01-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Coasting

ElNono
01-26-2012, 03:56 AM
CIA Rick

BRHornet45
01-26-2012, 04:06 AM
son its like Dirk finally got a ring and just said "fuck it"

pass1st
01-26-2012, 04:29 AM
son its like Dirk finally got a ring and just said "fuck it"

Son, I think when Cuban disbanded their core he decided to collect his check and call it a career.

cheguevara
01-26-2012, 09:43 AM
an Odom for Bonner trade would benefit both teams. Make the call RC

Latarian Milton
01-26-2012, 10:26 AM
they're playing like asses and its really no surprise. its easy to notice the absence of ambition on that team i think they should start rebuilding right now rather than anytime later.

elemento
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
What the heck is going on with Odom ? 32.9 FG% / 24% 3P / 7ppg-4rpg-1apg with a 8.5 PER

He looks like a total scrub in Dallas.

stretch
01-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Just give it time... they will be fine.

Not predicting a repeat, but they will make the playoffs, and be considered a title contender by most observers by season's end.

Leetonidas
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
They're getting Dwight and Deron next season, so who cares.

Stalin
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
dirk is a TOSB, tbh

Calispursfan11
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't buy that they can step it up that much. The Mavs stats are not even NBA worthy and make Carmelo look like a sharpshooter. Right now, Tiago would be no less than the second option if he were on the Mavs. That's how bad they appear to be individually.

Latarian Milton
01-26-2012, 10:46 AM
mavs are still in training camp and the chance of making the playoffs remains alive, but another 1st round exit wouldn't mean much to them. if they could get Deron or DH come summer (or both of them hopefully) then they'd have the triple-D or double-D trumps and would be a serious threat to us, if not then it'd be about time to start over

Calispursfan11
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
What the heck is going on with Odom ? 32.9 FG% / 24% 3P / 7ppg-4rpg-1apg with a 8.5 PER

He looks like a total scrub in Dallas.

He was devastated when he woke up traded from the Lakers without warning and hasn't been the same since. And, everyone else on the Mavs is sucking right now, so why not also suck. I used to think 40% was low by NBA standards, but I guess shooting in the 30% range is acceptable and even decent if you're on the Mavs right now. Which is why Odom actually gets PT on that team.

manufan10
01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
They will flip the switch once the playoffs start.

Latarian Milton
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
his natural position is SF and he has to start @ PF in dirk's absence. LO shoots bad but it doesn't mean he's a bad player imho maybe he is just not a good fit for them mavs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2012, 11:21 AM
They're playing like absolute shit with Dirk injured and are only 1 game out of 1st place in their division. It's still early.

DPG21920
01-26-2012, 11:33 AM
They aren't as good as they were but they will be ok. They were playing bad with Dirk and they're lucky their main comp in the division suffered huge injuries to their top players.

jjktkk
01-26-2012, 12:05 PM
other than OKC, all the usual power teams in the West have started out slow this year.

stretch
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
other than OKC, all the usual power teams in the West have started out slow this year.

And it's no coincedence, as they are a young run-and-gun team that had no major changes to deal with in the offseason.

Most of the other upper-tier teams like Dallas, LA, SA, and others have had either significant changes, or major injuries, or even both.

I still don't see OKC coming out of the West, and even if they somehow did, they would get trampled by the Heat. Their half-court offense is atrocious, and they rely too much on fastbreak scoring.

Ace
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Coasting until the real season starts...

mercos
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
The team is old and lacks athleticism. Losing Chandler hurt them big time. Despite that the narrative is still the same with Dallas. When Dirk and Terry get hot they can beat almost anyone. If their shooters catch fire come playoff time like they did last year they will compete again. If not they will be first round fodder.

stretch
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
The team is old and lacks athleticism. Losing Chandler hurt them big time. Despite that the narrative is still the same with Dallas. When Dirk and Terry get hot they can beat almost anyone. If their shooters catch fire come playoff time like they did last year they will compete again. If not they will be first round fodder.

Oddly, the loss of Chandler hasn't hurt the team that much. Their defense has been as good as I've ever seen it, mainly because their perimeter defense has improved so much.

Their problem is that offensively, they have been garbage. Lately, its been even worse by not having Dirk or VC. Once they get those guys back, and get in a groove, they will be able to do some damage.

BUMP
01-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Actually a pretty solid post.

Since they are built around shooting there's not a team in the West that I can say would beat Dallas without a doubt. That being said, we don't have the defense we did last year to keep the game close in case our shots don't fall. So I could also see Dallas lose to almost anybody in the playoffs

jjktkk
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Actually a pretty solid post.

Since they are built around shooting there's not a team in the West that I can say would beat Dallas without a doubt. That being said, we don't have the defense we did last year to keep the game close in case our shots don't fall. So I could also see Dallas lose to almost anybody in the playoffs

Its a Texas NBA team thing tbh, except for the Rockets.

Leetonidas
01-26-2012, 01:46 PM
San Antonio and Dallas would be a good match this season

FkLA
01-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Did Dirk take a break this offseason?I remember hearing that he used to put in alot of time and always maintained a strict diet since the 06' choke. He just looks weird this season tbh, hes never been too athletic or mobile but he looks 10x slower this season. The offense starts with him and the attention he draws to open up other players. Dirk needs to pick it up or else the Mavs wont make much noise in the playoffs.

Stalin
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Did Dirk take a break this offseason?I remember hearing that he used to put in alot of time and always maintained a strict diet since the 06' choke. He just looks weird this season tbh, hes never been too athletic or mobile but he looks 10x slower this season. The offense starts with him and the attention he draws to open up other players. Dirk needs to pick it up or else the Mavs wont make much noise in the playoffs.

TOSB sign, tbh

mavs>spurs
01-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Probably has a lot to do with the knee injury?

Jodelo
01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Coasting!

Latarian Milton
01-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Oddly, the loss of Chandler hasn't hurt the team that much. Their defense has been as good as I've ever seen it, mainly because their perimeter defense has improved so much.

Their problem is that offensively, they have been garbage. Lately, its been even worse by not having Dirk or VC. Once they get those guys back, and get in a groove, they will be able to do some damage.

loss of TC doesn't hurt them that much as some people speculated, but the loss of ambition does. dirk might be suffering knee injury the previous games this season but it seems to me that the absence of ambition has bigger impact on his game tbh. VC was our only n!gga aged 30+ who played w/ ambition and hunger, and he was playing MUCH harder then his teammates in almost every game he played

DMC
01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
loss of TC doesn't hurt them that much as some people speculated, but the loss of ambition does. dirk might be suffering knee injury the previous games this season but it seems to me that the absence of ambition has bigger impact on his game tbh. VC was our only n!gga aged 30+ who played w/ ambition and hunger, and he was playing MUCH harder then his teammates in almost every game he played
Solid take (as usual).

How much of the apathy can be blamed on Cuban dismantling the team, therefore sending the signal that a repeat isn't worth the effort? Pros and all, I know that, but it starts with the owner.

Leetonidas
01-26-2012, 10:37 PM

When Vince Carter is the player on your team giving the most effort...that's saying something :lol

MavDynasty
01-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Shawn Marion has been the best Mav by far this season tbh

Leetonidas
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Also not a good thing :lol

I think once the playoffs roll around they'll be okay. But I don't see them getting out of the 2nd round this season. I think OKC is definitely coming out of the West, imo. But when the Mavs nab Deron and Dwight... :depressed just cancel the season...